PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything wrong with...

Animeniax
Wed, 10-21-2009, 03:56 PM
I like this girl because she has amazing thighs and legs and a cute butt. Otherwise her personality and face leave a bit to be desired, but together with her awesome thighs and legs, I can't stop thinking about her. Is there anything wrong with that?

XanBcoo
Wed, 10-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Say 20 Hail Marys and donate during this Sunday's mass, and Our Lord and Savior the one true God will forgive you, my child.

rockmanj
Wed, 10-21-2009, 04:02 PM
You sound a lot like my friend and old roommate, who I thoroughly chastised for those same reasons. And how great are these legs? I mean thighs do have a practical function for...well, you know, but I've never been a leg man. If you are a leg man, then I suppose there is nothing wrong with it (unless I hear about you wanting to have sex with the back of said person's knee).

Animeniax
Wed, 10-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Say 20 Hail Marys and donate during this Sunday's mass, and Our Lord and Savior the one true God will forgive you, my child.
I'm not ashamed exactly, but I do feel a bit shallow about it. I mean, I wouldn't expect a meaningful relationship with her based on her amazing legs, but it's a starting point.

Btw, this will hopefully be a thread kind of like "what I don't get" so it won't be specifically about my obsession with this leggy Korean girl.

You sound a lot like my friend and old roommate, who I thoroughly chastised for those same reasons. And how great are these legs? I mean thighs do have a practical function for...well, you know, but I've never been a leg man. If you are a leg man, then I suppose there is nothing wrong with it (unless I hear about you wanting to have sex with the back of said person's knee).Well the thing is, I was attracted to her for other reasons first, but the legs are the "hook" that reeled me in. To me, a great pair of legs is something you have to work for (ie workout, take care of yourself), so it says a lot about a girl if she has great legs.

rockmanj
Wed, 10-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Korean???!! The plot thickens......I know of those legs, smooth yet muscular hehehehe. But what is so great about her thighs? Are they like super thin stick thighs, or thighs that look like they know how to squeeze a man properly?

Animeniax
Wed, 10-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Korean???!! The plot thickens......I know of those legs, smooth yet muscular hehehehe. But what is so great about her thighs? Are they like super thin stick thighs, or thighs that look like they know how to squeeze a man properly?
They aren't super firm or muscular, and to be honest it looks like she doesn't have to work to get these amazing legs, she just has them. Which kind of goes against my feeling that great legs means she's a hard working girl who takes care of herself (she seems kind of lazy in fact). But she does have amazing legs. I don't know how to describe what's so amazing about them without seeming morbid or perverse.

UChessmaster
Wed, 10-21-2009, 04:39 PM
ok since your biggest problem are her face and personallity, how would you rate them? on a scale 1 to 10? i`m guessing her legs is a 10 :P get a picture man!

Animeniax
Wed, 10-21-2009, 04:41 PM
ok since your biggest problem are her face and personallity, how would you rate them? on a scale 1 to 10? i`m guessing her legs is a 10 :P get a picture man!
I would like nothing more than to get a picture of her legs, for posterity, or better yet a video of her walking. Seeing her legs in motion is indescribably hot. But either would be almost impossible or indecent at the least.

Face is a 6 or 7, personality is a 6 or 7. Legs are off the chart. She has great hair too, long and luxurious.

Oh, btw, I have no chance with this girl, she has a boyfriend and 0 interest in me. Plus she's taller than me.

Carnage
Wed, 10-21-2009, 04:46 PM
At first I would say go for it, but she has 0 interest in you? Don't waste your time, and find another good pair of legs.

Animeniax
Wed, 10-21-2009, 04:48 PM
At first I would say go for it, but she has 0 interest in you? Don't waste your time, and find another good pair of legs.
I prefer girls who are hard to get. Unfortunately I have no game so that's pretty much all of them. So if I'm going to chase after an impossible goal, might as well be this chick instead of another. She really does have the most amazing legs ever.

Board of Command
Wed, 10-21-2009, 05:16 PM
This thread is useless without pics. The answer to your question is solely dependent on a picture of these thighs.

Animeniax
Wed, 10-21-2009, 05:20 PM
This thread is useless without pics. The answer to your question is solely dependent on a picture of these thighs.
Wouldn't their amazingness be subjective? So imagine the a girl with what you would consider amazing thighs/legs, would you be ok with liking her almost solely because she has what you consider amazing legs?

Also, this thread is for anything improper/indecent/nonconformist thought/feeling you have and want to know if you're the only one or if others have those same feelings.

Sapphire
Wed, 10-21-2009, 05:40 PM
My roommate likes to take dumps with the door open, and I'm not overly disgusted. Is there something wrong with that?

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 10-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Donate your sperm to her and move on. Is there really any other answer?

Animeniax
Wed, 10-21-2009, 06:36 PM
My roommate likes to take dumps with the door open, and I'm not overly disgusted. Is there something wrong with that?
Depends, are your roommates female? If it's all chicks, then the idea of "privacy" in that situation is negligible. I'm surprised you're ok with the smell though.

Donate your sperm to her and move on. Is there really any other answer?Well f*ck man, if it was that simple I'd have done it and been done with it instead of starting a stupid f*cking thread about it.

She really does have amazing thighs and legs.

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Photos or it didn't happen.

Carnage
Wed, 10-21-2009, 07:46 PM
So if I'm going to chase after an impossible goal, might as well be this chick instead of another.

Yeah but this one has a boyfriend, dont bother waiting on her.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-21-2009, 09:21 PM
I like this girl because she has amazing thighs and legs and a cute butt. Otherwise her personality and face leave a bit to be desired, but together with her awesome thighs and legs, I can't stop thinking about her. Is there anything wrong with that?

No, there's nothing wrong with that. Why would there be?

samsonlonghair
Wed, 10-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Nothing wrong with being attracted to a woman purely for her body.

However, no good will come from chasing a woman who has a boyfriend.

Sapphire
Wed, 10-21-2009, 10:12 PM
He can just be like Jim from the office, or whatever his name is.

Animeniax
Wed, 10-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Yeah but this one has a boyfriend, dont bother waiting on her.
But you see, that gives me the perfect foil for my failed attempts. Rather than say "I didn't get her because I'm a loser and I have no game", I can just chalk up the failure to the fact that she has a boyfriend. That will help my ego tremendously.

No, there's nothing wrong with that. Why would there be?Well a relationship based on something as trivial as the hotness of her legs is doomed to fail. What if in 2 years her legs are no longer as hot and/or I grow tired of her personality? Some would even say it was shallow and a base attraction and therefore wish failure on my endeavors to score with her.

Samsonlonghair's post is answered by my replies to Carnage and Buff.

He can just be like Jim from the office, or whatever his name is.Everyone knows Jim is the good guy in that situation. I'd be ok with being the good guy in my situation.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Like you said before, the legs are just a hook. A starting point. I find it perfectly fine to like someone because you find a part of them physically beautiful.

It's another thing for you to say you love her because of it. That goes beyond physical attraction.

The legs serve as a starting point, and from the encounters to follow, you may come to like, or dislike other aspects of her.

That's the whole point of "going out" isn't it?

edit:

Is there anything wrong with pubic hair growing outside the pubic (briefs) region?

Raven
Thu, 10-22-2009, 04:46 AM
At my work we have a club that we put a few of the girls into (speaking amongst ourselves, of course), it's called the "Aich Bee Doubleyou Eff Club" (HBWF (Hot Body / Weird Face)).

Sounds like this girl would be a member if she worked in my office.

Animeniax
Thu, 10-22-2009, 01:31 PM
Like you said before, the legs are just a hook. A starting point. I find it perfectly fine to like someone because you find a part of them physically beautiful.

It's another thing for you to say you love her because of it. That goes beyond physical attraction.

The legs serve as a starting point, and from the encounters to follow, you may come to like, or dislike other aspects of her.

That's the whole point of "going out" isn't it?
Well I have no chance with her because beyond the fact that she has a boyfriend already, she initially seemed mutually interested, then suddenly seemed disinterested, bordering on outright dislike towards me. But that's not really the point, I'm just hung up on how much I want to be with her mainly because she has amazing legs.

edit:

Is there anything wrong with pubic hair growing outside the pubic (briefs) region?
Nothing wrong with this. I think most people have some pubes growing on their leg near the pubic region. If you're talking about pubic hair on your knees, that's another problem.

At my work we have a club that we put a few of the girls into (speaking amongst ourselves, of course), it's called the "Aich Bee Doubleyou Eff Club" (HBWF (Hot Body / Weird Face)).

Sounds like this girl would be a member if she worked in my office.Well, she's Korean, so weirdness of the face is subjective. If she was at work, I doubt she'd get away with wearing the tiny little shorts she wears that show off her amazing legs. Luckily this is at school where they seem very liberal about what constitutes proper attire. Unhappily, it's hard to concentrate on lectures when her legs are only a few feet from you.

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-22-2009, 11:04 PM
amazing thighs and legs

based on her amazing legs

she doesn't have to work to get these amazing legs, she just has them.

she has great legs.

she has amazing legs.

show off her amazing legs

hotness of her legs

She really does have amazing thighs and legs.

solely because she has what you consider amazing legs

She really does have the most amazing legs ever.

But she does have amazing legs.
OK then...

I don't know how to describe what's so amazing about them without seeming morbid or perverse.
I think in this case, the quantity has trumped quality of your post content. It's too late for not wanting to seem slightly perverse at this point.

To answer your initial question, there's nothing wrong with being physically attracted to someone and pursuing them for that reason, if only to have fun and experiment socially. There is something wrong with obsessing over it, however.

Animeniax
Fri, 10-23-2009, 04:09 AM
OK then...

I think in this case, the quantity has trumped quality of your post content. It's too late for not wanting to seem slightly perverse at this point.

To answer your initial question, there's nothing wrong with being physically attracted to someone and pursuing them for that reason, if only to have fun and experiment socially. There is something wrong with obsessing over it, however.
Well if the physical attraction was to her face or a great body I wouldn't see a problem. But just a physical attraction to her legs is a bit peculiar and I wouldn't admit to it except anonymously on a forum. She really does have the most amazing legs.

XanBcoo
Fri, 10-23-2009, 08:54 AM
You've never heard the term "butterface" before?

Animeniax
Fri, 10-23-2009, 10:19 AM
You've never heard the term "butterface" before?
Yeah but I've never liked using that term. I find beauty in any person, and it cancels out other less amazing features. Usually that beauty is in the person's spirit, accomplishments, or face. In this girl's case, it's in her legs.

XanBcoo
Fri, 10-23-2009, 12:00 PM
And yet you readily admit her face leaves "a bit to be desired".

The definition isn't necessarily derogatory. Just means she's not outstandingly beautiful, but has other features which are physically attractive.

Animeniax
Fri, 10-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Is it wrong to want to be a police officer so I can use my authority to speak my mind on the weaknesses of humanity, something I can currently only do safely on web forums?

What I mean is, I plan to stop people for breaking the law, then lecture them about whatever violation or stupid thing they did. If they seem to listen and accept my chastisement with humility and genuine regret, I won't ticket them. If they don't seem to care or don't pay attention like they're in a hurry or want to move along, I will hold them up for 30 minutes and then ticket them. Does that make me a bad person?

Assertn
Fri, 10-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Perhaps this should be renamed to "The Animeniax confessions thread"

Animeniax
Fri, 10-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Perhaps this should be renamed to "The Animeniax confessions thread"
Is it wrong to want to kick someone's ass that was a jerk on an anime forum?

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Is it wrong to want to be a police officer so I can use my authority to speak my mind on the weaknesses of humanity, something I can currently only do safely on web forums?

That isn't.

What I mean is, I plan to stop people for breaking the law, then lecture them about whatever violation or stupid thing they did. If they seem to listen and accept my chastisement with humility and genuine regret, I won't ticket them. If they don't seem to care or don't pay attention like they're in a hurry or want to move along, I will hold them up for 30 minutes and then ticket them. Does that make me a bad person?

Yeah...this one's not too right. Letting people off because of personal ideals of how bad people should be treated doesn't set a very good example as a police.

A judge could pull it off...but not you.

Actually, why not aspire to be a judge? You can rant at them all you want.:p

Animeniax
Fri, 10-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Yeah...this one's not too right. Letting people off because of personal ideals of how bad people should be treated doesn't set a very good example as a police.

A judge could pull it off...but not you.Well if the point is to berate them and eduate them, then it's either they accept the soapbox chastisement or they accept a ticket. Seems like a fair tradeoff. And my "personal" ideals would be stuff that's common courtesy or letter law. They would be fairly objective guidelines.

Actually, why not aspire to be a judge? You can rant at them all you want.:p
Judges don't get to carry and use guns and excessive force as part of their daily work routine.

enkoujin
Fri, 10-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Legs come and go, what if she becomes a paraplegic?!

It's only a phase (in regards to your leg obsession), man. Like you said, those legs aren't going to be in that condition forever and unless you see other meaningful things in a relationship with her, you probably shouldn't be pursuing it especially if she has a boyfriend (I guess you could always wait for an unlikely breakup, though).

If you have low self-esteem about being a loser in the dating crowd, look around and get some practice! Who knows, you might hit the jackpot with "amazing legs"!

rockmanj
Mon, 10-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Plus I am sure there are dozens of girls with great legs walking around. I don't think she was uniquely blessed.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-27-2009, 01:14 AM
Plus I am sure there are dozens of girls with great legs walking around. I don't think she was uniquely blessed.

I don't know....if Ani's as obsessed about legs as he seems to be, those must be some "amazing legs".

(On second thoughts, obsessed =/= picky... but he did pick her out of his entire class.)

bagandscalpel
Tue, 10-27-2009, 02:57 AM
Here you go, Animeniax.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1624/kira1.jpg

Take a leaf out of this man's book. No doubt it will be the solution you seek.

Animeniax
Tue, 10-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Here you go, Animeniax.

I don't get the reference..

@enkoujin, rockmanj, Buffalobiian: No, I noticed other things about her first, including the fact that we seemed to hit it off and I thought there was mutual interest. The awesome legs were the hook that reeled me in.

rockmanj
Tue, 10-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Here you go, Animeniax.

Which Jojo is that?

And you have actually talked to her? ah...I see. I thought you were just (kinda but not really creepily) admiring her from a distance.

David75
Tue, 10-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Try to think of why you are still attracted to her, what are your true intentions with her and if you truly desire to do something about it.

Once done, act accordingly.

I know, easier said than done.

rockmanj
Tue, 10-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Try to think of why you are still attracted to her, what are your true intentions with her and if you truly desire to do something about it.

Oh how amorous and direct the French are...maybe you could talk her into an "arrangement".

Animeniax
Wed, 10-28-2009, 03:22 PM

Yeah I definitely am, maybe for no better reason than because she's giving me the cold shoulder nowadays. If nothing else, I'd like to just be friends, but she doesn't seem to want that either. I guess you wouldn't want to be around a friend who keeps checking out your butt. Chicks, go figure.

XanBcoo
Wed, 10-28-2009, 03:55 PM
I guess you wouldn't want to be around a friend who keeps checking out your butt
Perhaps it hasn't gotten to the point where it's a problem yet, but I have no problems with girls checking out any part of me.

Honestly, don't over analyze y'all's interactions. It's likely that her giving you the "cold shoulder" is unintentional. If you're in a class with her, that means you have something you can talk to her about, and as long as you don't come off as a creeper, she's probably just indifferent.

I'd say move on to greener pastures.

David75
Wed, 10-28-2009, 04:09 PM
Yeah I definitely am, maybe for no better reason than because she's giving me the cold shoulder nowadays. If nothing else, I'd like to just be friends, but she doesn't seem to want that either. I guess you wouldn't want to be around a friend who keeps checking out your butt. Chicks, go figure.

The way you describe all of this is more on the negative side. That shows that you instinctively know that trouble's ahead if you try something.

whatever we will tell you, you're the one living it, so should you be bold and be frank with her, or just remain a lurker is your decision on the end.

rockmanj
Wed, 10-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Perhaps it hasn't gotten to the point where it's a problem yet, but I have no problems with girls checking out any part of me.

Do you walk around in short shorts and muscle tees, Xan?

XanBcoo
Wed, 10-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Do you walk around in short shorts and muscle tees, Xan?
Shorts? No. Fitted shirts, yes.

I was kind of joking before, but I don't imagine I'd ever get tired of being checked out, unless it was by extremely creepy people.

dragonrage
Wed, 10-28-2009, 05:55 PM

Best post in this thread so far, thank you for that laughs.

Ani.. I see why people shouldn't take you seriously from this thread.

Animeniax
Wed, 10-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Best post in this thread so far, thank you for that laughs.

Ani.. I see why people shouldn't take you seriously from this thread.
Why, because I'm human with slightly bizarre, nonconformist impulses? Is there something wrong with that?

dragonrage
Wed, 10-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Why, because I'm human with slightly bizarre, nonconformist impulses? Is there something wrong with that?
Nope, it is because all you have said so far is that you like her legs, thighs and you think you she has a cute butt over and over again. You don't really seem to be interested in anything else besides talking about them. It also seems that you have no feelings or wish for anything deeper with this girl, you don't really see her as a person either just legs, thighs and butt.

You constantly say the same thing over and over again wallowing in self pity and I think you kind of like it. The attention you're getting and the advice that you haven't considered.

That and the fact that I think you like the way things are at the moment and you're having a few laughs at everyone else expense.

If you really are that much attracted to them try and find out why, if you're too afraid move on, if your have self esteem issues deal with them and move on, nothing is going to change just whining about it.

Animeniax
Wed, 10-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Nope, it is because all you have said so far is that you like her legs, thighs and you think you she has a cute butt over and over again. You don't really seem to be interested in anything else besides talking about them. It also seems that you have no feelings or wish for anything deeper with this girl, you don't really see her as a person either just legs, thighs and butt.

You constantly say the same thing over and over again wallowing in self pity and I think you kind of like it. The attention you're getting and the advice that you haven't considered.

That and the fact that I think you like the way things are at the moment and you're having a few laughs at everyone else expense.

If you really are that much attracted to them try and find out why, if you're too afraid move on, if your have self esteem issues deal with them and move on, nothing is going to change just whining about it.That sucks that that's all you got from that. The thing is, you missed the entire point of my posts and this thread.

My initial entry in this thread was to discuss whether or not I should be ashamed of liking a girl primarily for what most would consider a shallow and inconsequential trait. In response to others' input, I elaborated but only so far as to illustrate that in the summation, my attraction to her is largely superficial. It wasn't my intention to garner pity or even sympathy for my dilemma with this girl, only to elaborate on the circumstances, leading back to my original question, is it ok to like a girl based on something as trivial as her physical attributes, and moreso, an attribute as trivial as her legs/butt.

Thanks for contributing.

dragonrage
Wed, 10-28-2009, 07:59 PM
That sucks that that's all you got from that. The thing is, you missed the entire point of my posts and this thread.

My initial entry in this thread was to discuss whether or not I should be ashamed of liking a girl primarily for what most would consider a shallow and inconsequential trait. In response to others' input, I elaborated but only so far as to illustrate that in the summation, my attraction to her is largely superficial. It wasn't my intention to garner pity or even sympathy for my dilemma with this girl, only to elaborate on the circumstances, leading back to my original question, is it ok to like a girl based on something as trivial as her physical attributes, and moreso, an attribute as trivial as her legs/butt.

Thanks for contributing.

LMAO, apparently you don't watch television, the commercials alone would answer your question.

Animeniax
Wed, 10-28-2009, 08:51 PM
LMAO, apparently you don't watch television, the commercials alone would answer your question.
Are you talking about the commercials with their superficiality and sexuality would support me, or are there some commercials I'm not seeing that say I'm messed up in the head for being so shallow?

dragonrage
Wed, 10-28-2009, 09:12 PM
What I am saying is that I believe half of what you said is BS and that there are a lot of other guys other there that are superficial (attracted to women only because of looks). Commercials are a media that demonstrates what people are generally attracted too (they have done studies, and spent a lot of money to be certain of this) other media have also done the same not to mention there are documentaries. You are not "alone" in being superficially attracted to someone.

Also I don't believe you are someone with such outstanding moral virtues that would be this bother with weather or not it is right or wrong to like someone only because of certain bodily features.

Anyways please excuse my intrusion into your self help thread.

p.s. If you are attracted to her for other reasons besides physical (i.e. her personality) then it is not just being superficial, now is it.

Have fun.

XanBcoo
Wed, 10-28-2009, 09:42 PM
You are not "alone" in being superficially attracted to someone.
Yeah, this is pretty much the answer to the thread.

Only someone raised in a convent or monastery would even think that being physically attracted to someone is strange. Hence my first post...

Let's drop this argument before it gets creepy.

rockmanj
Wed, 10-28-2009, 11:00 PM
I think its too late; we passed creepy a while ago.

Assertn
Thu, 10-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Is there anything wrong with...

...being creepy?

rockmanj
Fri, 10-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Uh, yea...its creepy (esp. people with those nasty wet handshakes)

Animeniax
Fri, 10-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Uh, yea...its creepy (esp. people with those nasty wet handshakes)
Wet handshakes seem to go hand in hand with limp, unmanly handshaking. I like my handshakes firm and dry.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-30-2009, 11:53 PM
Someone shook my left hand the other day :confused:

It was rather random, and I forgot whether it was the elderly man or a skateboarding teen.

enkoujin
Sat, 10-31-2009, 02:45 AM
Is there anything wrong with thinking what history those hands had when you shake them?

That quadruples the level of creepiness.

Animeniax
Sat, 10-31-2009, 06:55 AM
Is there anything wrong with thinking what history those hands had when you shake them?

That quadruples the level of creepiness.
For a while I resorted to fist bumping instead of handshaking because where I was at, so many people were unsanitary and I didn't trust that they washed their hands. Unfortunately that offends a lot of people if you don't want to shake there filthy, wet, limp hand. There's definitely something wrong with that.

Sapphire
Sat, 10-31-2009, 08:59 AM
Ugh, I hate limp handshakes. Hate them.

Like how do adults not know how to shake hands yet? They just present a completely relaxed hand like they want you to kiss it and it feels all weird when you try to shake it. So creepy and annoying.

Good idea, I'm going to start fist bumping.

Animeniax
Sat, 10-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Is it better or worse when they shake too hard, like they're going for firm, but border on causing internal bleeding?

fahoumh
Sat, 10-31-2009, 11:26 PM
You mean compared to a limp handshake?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-01-2009, 02:24 AM
You mean compared to a limp handshake?

I believe so. Let us forget the wet one. :(

fahoumh
Sun, 11-01-2009, 03:30 PM
LOL. Limp handshakes are definitely worse than overly firm ones. You can usually get a good sense for someone based on their handshake.

rockmanj
Sun, 11-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Although overly firm handshakes from women and be very disconcerting.

complich8
Sun, 11-01-2009, 10:47 PM
I don't shake hands very often. Most of the handshakes I've gotten are pretty normal: firm, dry, one or two pump with a good release. There's the "squeezing too hard" handshake and the "limp/damp" shake, which suck... and then there's the "lingering so long it might as well be hand-holding" handshake, which can get creepy.

But sometimes you shake hands with a dude who you can tell isn't like ... trying to hurt you (the bone-crusher/the oversqueezer), but his hand's like made out of rock. I'm never quite sure how to react to that ... like "did you grow up on a farm? Have you spent the last decade of your life swinging a pickaxe or a sledgehammer or something? What gives?"

I mean ... like, I'm pretty strong (to the degree that I make an effort not to hurt people during the handshake and in general). So to me, it's pretty strange shaking hands with someone who is to me what I probably am to most people. What makes people have hands that hard?

fahoumh
Sun, 11-01-2009, 11:40 PM
It's probably as you said, working on a farm, in construction, etc. If that's the case, they usually have really rough, calloused hands. My cousin worked as a bricklayer for a couple of years plus I have a friend who worked this summer with a jackhammer and they had some seriously rough hands.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 03-15-2010, 09:29 PM
... having an armpit fetish?

poopdeville
Mon, 03-15-2010, 10:35 PM
... having an armpit fetish?

No, just be gentle or you'll hurt yourself. Most women don't are freaked out by lubed arm pits.

Rekeco
Tue, 03-16-2010, 01:35 AM
No, just be gentle or you'll hurt yourself. Most women don't are freaked out by lubed arm pits.

With you having one? Go for it, you might want to check with the other person you are expressing your fetish with before you go ahead, they may be very cautious of their armpits.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-16-2010, 02:29 AM
Lol, I meant to be (overly)attracted by exposed armpits/shoulders that are nicely shaped and toned.

Psyke
Tue, 03-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Speaking of armpits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBowgqLA3LY).... :p

darkshadow
Tue, 03-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Lol that is such a paradox, she is beautiful but also disgusting xD.

Penner
Tue, 03-16-2010, 11:39 AM
sooo awkward!

Buffalobiian
Wed, 03-17-2010, 07:10 AM
Speaking of armpits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBowgqLA3LY).... :p

Heh, she wasn't my type either way.

Sapphire
Wed, 03-17-2010, 08:33 AM
I actually think this is more hilarious than disgusting..

rockmanj
Wed, 01-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Not being able to glance at a woman's chest when her shirt is almost wide open and/or is wearing a see through shirt?

fahoumh
Wed, 01-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Not being able to glance at a woman's chest when her shirt is almost wide open and/or is wearing a see through shirt?

I would say no...but I'd probably be labeled a pig.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-20-2011, 12:14 AM

No. Most of us have some sort of level-headedness that keeps us in check.

I shared a room with 2 girls on holiday one time, and one of them changed behind my back. During that time, I discovered that I could see her (without her knowing) from the CRT TV's reflection. I looked away once my brain caught up, and turned back away from it again.

Admittedly, I could have looked a way a split second faster.. >_>

Buffalobiian
Sat, 01-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Raping someone in a lucrid dream?

rockmanj
Sat, 01-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Hmm..I would not say so. Is it someone you know?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 01-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Hmm..I would not say so. Is it someone you know?

A 12 year old I knew 10 years ago.

Animeniax
Sat, 01-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Most definitely wrong. Seek psychiatric help, you perv.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 01-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Note: This dream happened 4 years ago (target was still 12).
-Setting was in my primary school. Everything was as I remembered 10 years ago.
-Unsure if I myself was also reverted back to 12 years old.

Carnage
Sat, 01-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Eh, it happens, Lol. I wouldn't worry about 1 dream so much. If it happens every week then that would be something else.

Dark Dragon
Sat, 01-29-2011, 10:35 PM
There's nothing wrong with having such a dream as long as you don't act upon it.

There have been many cases where mothers of newborn would fantasize about drowning their children when under severe stress. There's nothing wrong about having wrong thoughts, but acting upon those thoughts is another matter entirely. That is when you have a problem.

It's nothing you should really worry about unless it happens frequently. If it does, then it might be wise to seek psychiatric help in diagnosing the cause of your dreams.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 01-29-2011, 10:57 PM
It's nothing you should really worry about unless it happens frequently. If it does, then it might be wise to seek psychiatric help in diagnosing the cause of your dreams.

It was an active choice.

To clarify things further:

Note: This dream happened 4 years ago (target was still 12 in the dream - she would have been 17 perhaps in real life, but I never saw her since 10 years ago).
-Setting was in my primary school in the dream. Everything was as I remembered 10 years ago. I was sitting at my primary school's assembly feeling awkward, yet nobody told me I was out of place, so it took hours to figure out that I had already graduated and I shouldn't be there. Hours later I figured out that I was in a dream, ran around, saw her, chased her and...
-Unsure if I myself was also reverted back to 12 years old. thinking back, probably not. I would have been 17 then.

It wasn't a subconscious dream or anything. As stated previously, it was a lurid dream where I was fully aware that I was dreaming (by the time I decided to act) anyway.

Does it make it any better or worse though? Is it wrong to do something that is "pleasurable" but you wouldn't do in real life, when you know that:

-something is not real
-you're not punishable by law
-no one will be physically harmed (though the "person" in my dream would certainly seem to be distressed)

A milder case would be like turning up music to excessive levels in your dreams because of the above points ^.

I guess rape-simulators that were being developed a few years ago in Japan would also come under this scrutiny.

Carnage
Sat, 01-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Well even if you were conscious of it being a dream, you were still in a dream state, I dont know, dont different rules apply or something? It probably matters more what you morally think of the situation when outside the dream (i dont mean the morality of actually having the dream, but of supposedly raping a 12 year old girl in real life).

enkoujin
Wed, 02-09-2011, 02:36 AM
If you thank it, you can yank it.

Like everyone else said, dreams have no governing rules or boundaries except by your own limitations (in this case, it's the projection of your own morals). You become a tyrannical God within this world in which you rule. Anything can happen whether it pleases of displeases you. If you, the ruler of the dream, think it's wrong, then it's wrong in that world.

Importantly, if it becomes influential in your real life though, it'll become a problem if it's not socially appropriate. But also, if you're not affecting anyone's lives with your own secretive thoughts, then you aren't doing anything wrong.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 08-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Is there anything wrong with your piss coming out at an angle (ie not parallel with your shaft)?

enkoujin
Thu, 08-04-2011, 11:38 AM
It means you're not pulling your foreskin back enough.

If you don't have a foreskin, you might want to get it checked out by your family physician or a urologist if needed.

Assertn
Fri, 08-05-2011, 04:19 AM
lol... I'd be surprised if it was anything to worry about

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-17-2012, 08:18 AM
Today in anatomy wet lab we were discussing the GIT. As the tutor talked about the small intestines I felt really hungry.

Later I went home and took out a slice of cheese. As I ate that piece of cheese I had images of cadavers pop into my head.

Animeniax
Tue, 04-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Weird, I had a similar experience yesterday. I was at a samich shop eating lunch while reading my textbook on homicide investigation. The book has graphic images of postmortem corpses with various wounds and in various stages of decomposition. I had to switch to the next chapter about sexual assault because I felt my lunch coming up while reading that first chapter.

enkoujin
Wed, 04-18-2012, 01:24 AM
Today in anatomy wet lab we were discussing the GIT. As the tutor talked about the small intestines I felt really hungry.

Later I went home and took out a slice of cheese. As I ate that piece of cheese I had images of cadavers pop into my head.

I think it's because you're just not used to separating relatively disturbing material to your regular everyday life. I think you'll get used to it quite soon; you just have to learn to pick up tips for the time being until you're used to seeing it in a medical setting (I'd recommend meditation). If it gets bad, I'd go see a psychologist. If it persists in an extreme manner where it strongly interferes with your life, the medical field may not be right for you.

I had to switch to the next chapter about sexual assault because I felt my lunch coming up while reading that first chapter.

No one wants to read about corpses while you're eating. As I recall from my secondary school studies, the sights of what you're eating contribute to your overall sense/task of eating. If you were eating a sandwich while studying corpses, your brain might have associated yourself with eating the corpses in your textbook and the mere thought of it caused you to become nauseating because of its taboo nature.

enkoujin
Tue, 05-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Is there anything wrong with wishing your twelve year-old sister was physically two or three years old again so that you can kiss her on the cheek, carry her in your arms, generally care for her and just die from her cuteness?

I'm not saying I wouldn't take a bullet for my sister today. I'm just saying I wish she was cute again so I can do all those things to her. I can't do it to my baby cousins today because their parents will think I'm weird and messed up.

Note: I am not a pedophile, nor have I had any thoughts about molesting my sister.

anime nomad
Tue, 05-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Nothing at all wrong with that. I wish the same thing all the time with my daughter. but more because since she has started talking she never shuts up. I long for the days when she would just cuddle up quietly to me and not have to profane the air with constant questions on why there are no boy fairies in Winx Club or why I am killing all the rein Deer in Skyrim.

Kraco
Tue, 05-01-2012, 05:35 PM
why I am killing all the rein Deer in Skyrim.

Why are you killing all the deers in Skyrim?

anime nomad
Tue, 05-01-2012, 06:05 PM
children work in absolutes.
I kill one deer and she lectures me about how sad Santa is and how bad I am for killing ALL the rein deer in the world.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 05-01-2012, 06:25 PM
children work in absolutes.
I kill one deer and she lectures me about how sad Santa is and how bad I am for killing ALL the rein deer in the world.

So this year, will you buy yourself presents to prove you're not on Santa's naughty list (and thereby giving her the idea that she really don't have to be good to receive presents), or will you go without and prove your daughter right? xD

And stop killing deers.

@enkoujin: parents and relatives wish that all the time. No big deal.

anime nomad
Tue, 05-01-2012, 08:23 PM
if she remembers this incident @ Christmas time, I may find myself the moral conundrum you describe lol.

Kraco
Wed, 05-02-2012, 02:43 AM
if she remembers this incident @ Christmas time, I may find myself the moral conundrum you describe lol.

Turn it into a lesson on separating games from reality. The earlier she learns that, the smaller the chances she will ever preach against games in later life.

Though it won't probably matter that much in the end; Santa comes from the north and in the north reindeers are regular food...

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-02-2012, 03:05 AM
Though it won't probably matter that much in the end; Santa comes from the north and in the north reindeers are regular food...

Pretty sure he's vegan. The milk I leave him never gets drunk.

Animeniax
Wed, 05-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Why are you killing all the deers in Skyrim?

I killed everything that moved in Skyrim. I've killed just about everything that walks or crawls at one time or another.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Is there anything wrong with always looking for (okay, maybe not looking.. but readily accepting or considering) someone better than your current partner when you're in a relationship?

Isn't that the whole point of dating? Aren't you looking for the best possible match? If so, you should always be open to the idea that someone better could come along.. and you should accept the better according to principle. Don't you agree? And if not, are we settling for whoever is "good enough"? Why is that the case? And if they're only "good enough", wouldn't that lead to divorce/break-ups once your own personal values change?

I hear people talk about the qualities of their partners sometimes. One of the things I hear when people talk about "inner beauty" as opposed to "external beauty" is that it doesn't change due to biological aging. One other thing is that people say things like "You're not the most beautiful, you're not the smartest.. but you're the kindest" or "you're the one who treats me the best". Inner or outer aside, in the end they're all just attributes though.. and like all attributes there's a possibility that someone could best them - be it outer beauty, or inner kindness.

darkshadow
Tue, 10-22-2013, 10:23 AM
No there isn't.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-22-2013, 10:28 AM
No there isn't.

What about post-marriage? That still counts as a relationship in my books. Or is marriage when you cash in your chips and leave the table for good?

darkshadow
Tue, 10-22-2013, 10:30 AM
I don't believe in marriage, and neither do divorce rates.

Sapphire
Tue, 10-22-2013, 10:40 AM
I'd say there is no hook until you have kids. Except for rape, there's no excuse for having kids with someone you have no intent of spending at least ~20 years (kids baby to adulthood) EFFICIENTLY and HAPPILY with.

Marriage is just a cultural thing. But I think it's best to just be honest with your girlfriend Buff and tell her you're likely to bounce at any moment! lol Though there is no promise the "better" candidate will also think you are "better" for them.

Animeniax
Tue, 10-22-2013, 12:33 PM
The grass is always greener, at first glance anyway. When you look closer, you'll notice the problems in your neighbor's yard and regret moving. The chances of finding the perfect person for you are close to nil, and being single sucks for the most part. So be happy with what you have. If you want something better, then improve yourself before looking for someone else.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 10-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Is there anything wrong with hating certain dishes on principle? I mean, I can eat the dish and don't really find it disgusting because I can generally eat anything, but I hate it and never eat it because it is either gimmicky or fake. Sweet pasta and crab sticks come to mind.

Abdula
Wed, 10-23-2013, 06:07 PM
Not at all shinta. I, like you and Buff and Animeniax despise crab sticks for the same reasons in fact. There are plenty of things I hate on principle, food being the least. Speaking of food though, I hate rice. I really really despise rice, I am so tired of any and all things rice.

Anyway I just want to get at Buff. I was going to write a long detailed post about the issue but I am too tired to do so at the moment. If you are looking for an out in your relationship just get out, don't try to rationalize or justify it. Self improvement is fine and if you think someone else has better qualities that is fine too. Relationships don't work because people are soul mates or some crap. Good relationships work because both parties are committed to and continually work at improving not only their relationships but themselves. Any talk of settling sounds to me like you have some deeper issue with some aspect of your relationship and you should probably discuss that with the person you are with. As you stated the attributes you like about your partner are not unique to her. There will always be someone smarter, or more beautiful, or kinder, or more successful or whatever. The funny thing about relationships is that the qualities that people tend to see in others are mostly subjective and they are not static since people are constantly changing.

I am not with the woman I am with because I completely adore her and happen to think she is an amazing human being and one of the kindest, toughest, and certainly the most conscientious person I have ever met. She has a lot of good qualities and even some bad ones but I am not with her because of some quantitative or qualitative assessment. I am with her for one very very simple reason. I like who I am when I am with her.

Animeniax
Wed, 10-23-2013, 09:38 PM
How do you tire of rice? You're probably eating one of the less flavorful varieties. Try jasmine rice, it tastes great.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-25-2013, 05:53 AM
Anyway I just want to get at Buff. I was going to write a long detailed post about the issue but I am too tired to do so at the moment. If you are looking for an out in your relationship just get out, don't try to rationalize or justify it

So you don't think one should think about the why? Just go with the fact that they're no longer happy with the relationship "just because"? It isn't necessarily that they're unhappy with the current situation, but that they predict that they could be happier elsewhere or with someone else.

"I like who I am when I am with her. " - I find that idea interesting and worth thinking about. It doesn't change the core of my question though. So if I flow with your reasoning.. what if someone thinks that they might "like who they would be more when they are with another"? Is that a good enough reason to test/consider/try out?

Do you suggest that we have our own judgement regarding the matter, so if someone is already "considering", it automatically means that their current relation isn't satisfactory?

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-26-2013, 05:44 AM
For the tea drinkers of gotwoot:

Is there anything wrong with not washing out your teapot? Because I don't. It gets preheated with boiling or near boiling water at every use. At most I rinse it with boiling water, and wipe it out when it is dry if there is some mineral scale (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fouling) in there.

Some sources say it is superstition (bad luck to wash it out), some say it adds better flavor to the tea.

Kraco
Sat, 10-26-2013, 06:22 AM
Take some other hard container of similar size and material wise preferably of roughly similar heat conductivity, thoroughly washed, and prepare the exact same tea in both at the same time. Pour into two cups and taste from both a few times. I doubt there's going to be much difference, though, but surely that's the only way to know for yourself.

I'm not a heavy tea drinker and I prefer tea with some extra taste, like fruit, so for me it would make absolutely no difference.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-26-2013, 09:47 AM
I've left a cup in my room long enough to grow mould. Couldn't that happen to a teapot?

Animeniax
Sat, 10-26-2013, 10:08 AM
I guess it depends on what kind of teapot you use. I have a cast iron tea pot with enamel coating, so a quick rinse is all it takes to clean it. If you're pouring boiling water into it with each use, I imagine that kills anything nasty, as least on the surfaces it contacts, plus the steam would sterilize the rest.

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-26-2013, 10:28 AM
I've left a cup in my room long enough to grow mould. Couldn't that happen to a teapot?

Mold happens when you don't let it dry out, or you have something producing a lot of mold spores nearby, like the dirt in many types of houseplant pots.

I always remove the lid on the pot and let it dry. At work I wipe out the mug I use after each cup with a napkin or whatever. That does get washed out because I also use it for instant soup packets.

Shadow Skill
Sat, 10-26-2013, 10:43 AM
Wow this really got derailed in one day lol.

enkoujin
Sat, 10-26-2013, 10:56 AM
I think it's OK to not wash your teapot because of the aforementioned reasons (sanitation, etc.)

Personally, I like to rinse my ceramic teapot with lukewarm water from time to time when I'm emptying out old tea leaves. It keeps the taste of the tea more pure.

Animeniax
Sat, 10-26-2013, 12:38 PM
It's weird that some will go to great lengths for hygiene and sanitation in some aspects, then forego basic methods of cleanliness in others. Tea gets stale and flavorless if it sits, so there is little additional flavor from making tea in a pot with residual tea from previous brewings. It sounds like classic Asian superstitious nonsense. Better mix in some dried deer penis while you're at it.

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-26-2013, 01:16 PM
I think boiling water is pretty sterilizing. It's not really a question of sanitation.

Tea leaves gets stale if they are exposed to sunlight or get enough oxygen. Tea left in a pot molds.

Animeniax
Sat, 10-26-2013, 08:42 PM
Yes but tea left in a pot stales and loses flavor long before it molds. If the point to reusing a teapot without cleaning it is to add flavor from previous brewings, I think it's probably just a mind trick.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-01-2013, 09:44 AM
In cultures that recognise the "rude finger", is there anything wrong with pointing with that finger? Does it count as "giving someone the finger" if you point it wards them, or does the gesture only mean something when the finger is viewed dorsally?

Animeniax
Fri, 11-01-2013, 10:16 AM
My dad does that all the time, and it isn't to be rude or a dick. It feels awkward to me to point with that finger.

It reminds me of the scene in Inglorious Basterds where the nazi knew the British guy was a fake because of how he counted 3 on his fingers. Different cultures use their fingers differently.

Kraco
Fri, 11-01-2013, 10:31 AM
I wouldn't personally make a habit of using the middle finger for pointing at things. Although I have yet to meet anybody so sensitive they would take offense if you were using the finger for some work and thus accidentally giving them the finger. But if you do it all the time, instead of using the index finger like most people, somebody might start to wonder if it isn't intentional.

If the orientation is unconventional, they will just think you are so gangsta you can't hold anything properly, not even a finger.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-01-2013, 11:33 AM
I was eating potato chips with my hand, so my thumb and index finger were soiled. I naturally pointed at him while we were in a group conversation talking about something or other, and he asked if I "off-ed him". I asked in what that meant, then denied so. After that I re-enacted the action and saw that I was indeed using the prerequisite finger, but not in a way that I'd associate with being offensive.

I've always thought of the act requiring an erect display of the finger (orientation doesn't really matter so much as long as you're looking dorsally), so it's the first time someone picked me up on pointing at them like that.

Kraco
Fri, 11-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Sounds like an easily offended type if he didn't realise it was only you not wanting to spread salt and spices around from your index finger. But didn't you just answer your own question? If there's no visible reason, it's a risky habit.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-01-2013, 12:22 PM
If there's no visible reason, it's a risky habit.

I was wondering what qualifies as the "gesture", particularly the pointing part when you're not even looking face on at the "fist". Japanese don't give a shit about it, for example.

Ryllharu
Fri, 11-01-2013, 02:44 PM
The middle finger only has two appropriate uses. The widely-known derogatory gesture, and pushing one's spectacles back up one's nose (very rarely even mistaken as offensive, even when talking to someone and looking them in the eye).

Why the hell would you point with it unless you're missing an index finger? Point with two fingers sure, but why use just the middle?

Animeniax
Fri, 11-01-2013, 03:44 PM
I've used the "pushing up my spectacles with my middle finger" as a surreptitious "f*ck you" to a jerk motorist. Probably not a good idea but my glasses do tend to slide down my nose, and he was a f*cking punk driver.

Kraco
Fri, 11-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Oh, right. I'm certainly guilty of using my middle finger to push my glasses back up. I use random fingers for that job.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Why the hell would you point with it unless you're missing an index finger? Point with two fingers sure, but why use just the middle?

When I point with the middle finger, I don't tightly flex my other fingers as if I was making the gesture either. They're somewhat flexed since that's the natural resting state of my hand. In my previous case, my index/thumb were preoccupied. In other cases where I've done that, it's simply exercising the use of my finger when it felt natural.

This seems like a big deal then.

I do the glasses thing with my middle finger too most of the time. It's simply because it's the longest finger so you won't touch your glasses with anything else. If you used your index finger you'll have to make more effort in tucking away the others.

Animeniax
Mon, 11-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Just read this in a J-culture blog:

Why do the Japanese sometimes point at things with their middle fingers? (They only learned the American usage of this gesture 10-15 years ago, and many people still find it natural to point at things using the middle finger, which would be very rude in the U.S.)

Which is why you'll sometimes see them give the middle finger or say "fuck" in J-dramas but no one in the show seems to care, because neither has the same significance as it does in Western cultures.

Animeniax
Fri, 04-18-2014, 11:56 PM
I've been switching to the winning team in matches on BF4 when my team sucks and doesn't go for objectives. Usually my score and contributions are middle of the pack or higher, so it's not like I'm not carrying my weight. But I get really pissed seeing tanks sit back and snipe instead of leading the charge to capture points, or seeing everyone play recon when we need AA and support players. I do feel kind of like a heel for switching teams to the winning side, and one time I even switched off my platoon's team and on to the other team because my platoon sucks apparently.

Is there anything wrong with wanting to win?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-19-2014, 12:38 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to win. What's questionable here is that you're switching sides partway through a team. It's one thing to pick strong team members who give you better odds of winning, while it's another to quit your own team partway through to ride on the success of the other team.

You mention that you're "middle of the pack or higher" so you're carrying your weight (and ?therefore should deserve to win), but the other team must also have lousy members who are being kept afloat as well.

In the end, the problem can be summarised as Double Dipping, and the fact that you're working against the idea of team-balancing does earn a frown from me.

I get pissed off in games too when our team sucks too much (mostly at BF4's Team Balance not being perfect), but I consider swapping to a new server as being a "fair, random allocation" as opposed to jumping onto a team that you know is mowing down the other.

I do find your "desire to win" here strange given that you're happy with using subpar weapons that can cost you performance in order to complete assignments.

Animeniax
Sat, 04-19-2014, 10:13 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to win. What's questionable here is that you're switching sides partway through a team. It's one thing to pick strong team members who give you better odds of winning, while it's another to quit your own team partway through to ride on the success of the other team.

You mention that you're "middle of the pack or higher" so you're carrying your weight (and ?therefore should deserve to win), but the other team must also have lousy members who are being kept afloat as well.

In the end, the problem can be summarised as Double Dipping, and the fact that you're working against the idea of team-balancing does earn a frown from me.

I get pissed off in games too when our team sucks too much (mostly at BF4's Team Balance not being perfect), but I consider swapping to a new server as being a "fair, random allocation" as opposed to jumping onto a team that you know is mowing down the other.

I do find your "desire to win" here strange given that you're happy with using subpar weapons that can cost you performance in order to complete assignments.Yeah team balance in BF4 is almost all about numbers, not actual skill level.

I use the subpar weapons as a test of personal skill and to complete assignments, so I'm not exactly happy to use them, but I am happy to still do well despite using them. No matter how awesome I am with a particular weapon, it's still not possible to win a game on your own and without your team doing their part. I don't switch teams late in the game, I look to switch early on when I can readily tell the team I'm on isn't serious about winning. Of course, that's usually done by looking at the score, but I also see from the mini map where people are and what class they've picked.

enkoujin
Wed, 04-23-2014, 12:38 PM
I've been switching to the winning team in matches on BF4 when my team sucks and doesn't go for objectives. Usually my score and contributions are middle of the pack or higher, so it's not like I'm not carrying my weight. But I get really pissed seeing tanks sit back and snipe instead of leading the charge to capture points, or seeing everyone play recon when we need AA and support players. I do feel kind of like a heel for switching teams to the winning side, and one time I even switched off my platoon's team and on to the other team because my platoon sucks apparently.

Is there anything wrong with wanting to win?

No, but games are no fun if it's not challenging.

Animeniax
Wed, 04-23-2014, 12:48 PM
No, but games are no fun if it's not challenging.

Sure, but there's a difference between a good challenge and getting owned because your team sucks and doesn't do what it is supposed to in order to win.

KrayZ33
Thu, 04-24-2014, 11:56 AM
what pisses me off about team switching is if I'm topping the score and the server decides to switch me to the losing team, I wish you could use the serverbrowser to filter servers with certain tools or "3rd party settings"

leaving your own friends/platoon to join the winning team is really low btw

I'm happy to say that I'm the type of player that is able to turns things around, however mostly because I never play alone or with less than 2-3 players i know. I wouldn't be able to handle the random blue-tacos sniping out of spawn otherwise

Animeniax
Thu, 04-24-2014, 12:46 PM
I've rarely seen that happen where one of the top scorers is switched to the other team. Mostly team balancing on BF4 is about equal numbers, not skill level (from what I've seen) though some servers may have other tools to balance by skill like you said.

It's not like I'm that involved with my platoon. I got an invite to join from someone I don't know, so I joined. Since then, I've only played in one match via the platoon server page. I'd quit just to change my clan tag back to what it was, instead of the platoon tag it is now.

I like being a guy who can turn a game around, and I've led the charge a few times. But I need help most of the time too, and I don't play with anyone I know.

Animeniax
Mon, 06-09-2014, 09:10 AM
So this discussion will be outside what a lot of the younger posters deal with, but here goes:

I buy high quality stuff whether its electronics, housewares, foodstuffs, etc. All my cookware is slowly moving to All-Clad stainless steel, products from which you'll get a lifetime of cooking satisfaction. Usually these products cost a lot, like $150+ for a 12 inch fry pan, or $130 for a 2 qt pot. All-Clad is currently having a "factory seconds" sale of products with minor dings, scratches, and blemishes for a significant price reduction (as much as 50%). If the point is to have high-quality cookware, then it shouldn't be a problem to buy these products on sale, as the minor issues do not affect performance. But it does feel like a bit of a dodge to buy high-end products at discount prices, like you're a poseur or a phony.

Is there anything wrong with buying high-end items with small imperfections at a discounted price?

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-09-2014, 09:30 AM
No, it is a good deal. If anything, thinking that not spending more can be something bad sounds more like a poser to me.

Kraco
Mon, 06-09-2014, 10:24 AM
It's a win-win situation for both parties: You pay less for the same functionality, the manufacturer still gets something and doesn't need to scrap the items. You'll only become a poser if you fill your house with such discount products and then try to let people understand they were super expensive. If somebody asks and you tell them you got a bloody excellent deal, nobody sane would think you are trying to show off.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-28-2014, 02:48 AM
.. not picking up the $20 bill.

...never pick up a $20 bill they see on the ground, because their eyes must be playing tricks on them because someone should have already picked it up before them.

I wouldn't pick it up because I'd be suspecting why no one else had picked it up and about the possible outcomes from doing so (video-taped, ridiculed etc). At my highschool there was a 50c coin superglued to the stop of the staircase for this purpose.

------------------------------

In other news, I passed a hitch-hiker while I drove between cities the other week. He appeared to be in need and the trip would have been 4hrs by car. Public transport would have costed $60 which he didn't look like he'd have.

In principle I would have liked to pick him up, and have others do the same for me when I'm in need, but in practice the fear of getting mugged tips the scales. However I don't think that line of thinking is ideal either.

Kraco
Mon, 07-28-2014, 03:12 AM
.. not picking up the $20 bill.

I wouldn't pick it up because I'd be suspecting why no one else had picked it up and about the possible outcomes from doing so (video-taped, ridiculed etc). At my highschool there was a 50c coin superglued to the stop of the staircase for this purpose.

You fear candid camera, or some little kids' prank, so much? It's a sign of a great man that he can laugh at himself, you know.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-28-2014, 03:49 AM
You fear candid camera, or some little kids' prank, so much? It's a sign of a great man that he can laugh at himself, you know.

The way I'd put it is that $20 is not worth risking my pride and dignity.

Animeniax
Mon, 07-28-2014, 08:15 AM
The way I'd put it is that $20 is not worth risking my pride and dignity.

I don't see falling for such a prank as hurtful to your pride or dignity, if it was a prank at all. Of course that's easier said than living it, but I think I would try to pick up the $20. Would you pick it up if it was $100?

For the hitchhiker, I also think of offering a ride but never do, and fear of getting mugged isn't the reason (I have a firearm in the car). Generally hitchhikers are unkempt and filthy, and I don't want them making my car seats dirty or having to smell them for the whole trip.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-28-2014, 08:48 AM
I don't see falling for such a prank as hurtful to your pride or dignity, if it was a prank at all. Of course that's easier said than living it, but I think I would try to pick up the $20. Would you pick it up if it was $100?

Still no. I can get by without $100. I'll get by worse if I was caught out on it.

Animeniax
Mon, 07-28-2014, 08:50 AM
Still no. I can get by without $100. I'll get by worse if I was caught out on it.

Caught out on what exactly? Falling for a prank, or looking like you're destitute and in need of some money?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-28-2014, 09:02 AM
Caught out on what exactly? Falling for a prank, or looking like you're destitute and in need of some money?

All of the above. "Dishonestly handling money", you could say.

I have often debated to myself about these type of situations. Even if my intention was the pick up the money and report it to authorities or police, there is the possibility that the action could be interpreted as taking it for personal gain. I would leave it and act as if I never saw it, assuming this was a public space that I was not in charge of.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 07-28-2014, 09:15 AM
I would pick it up. I would not attribute taking something that can likely never return to its owner anyway as something that would damage my pride.

If it was a prank, I would look down on the pranksters instead for such an uninspired joke, then still keep the money. They dropped it intentionally to the floor, effectively throwing it away, after all.

Kraco
Mon, 07-28-2014, 12:01 PM
All of the above. "Dishonestly handling money", you could say.

I have often debated to myself about these type of situations. Even if my intention was the pick up the money and report it to authorities or police, there is the possibility that the action could be interpreted as taking it for personal gain. I would leave it and act as if I never saw it, assuming this was a public space that I was not in charge of.

You have a law in Australia that forbids picking up lost items from public streets, or something? Must be really nice for people who dropped their wallet or something else, as there would be zilch hope of getting the items back.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-28-2014, 05:18 PM
No law as such that I know of.

enkoujin
Mon, 07-28-2014, 06:01 PM
Chances of it being a prank are extremely low, though, unless those Aussies are notorious for pranking average blokes. According to my personal risk-reward ratio/assessment, I'd pick it up, but I can respect your decision not to.

Kraco
Tue, 07-29-2014, 02:10 AM
No law as such that I know of.

If there's no such law, then there's zero reasons to be afraid anybody would think you are stealing it. Generally speaking money lying on the (public) ground is lost property or a prank. The more nefarious version of a prank would be counterfeit money, which is why I'd view bills lying on the ground with suspicion and would check them the best I could. I suppose if it's all for your inherent pride of not accepting donations even from the world itself, that is, luck, then you'd need to carry the money to the police, which could be a bother depending how far away the station was. So, you could leave the decision to the next person. I wouldn't bother to take a 20 dollars (or euros) bill to the police, though. In fact the law over here says that stuff worth 20 euros at max whose owner would be hard to identify or that wouldn't have a specific functional, sentimental, or historical value to the owner is finders, keepers.

enkoujin
Wed, 08-06-2014, 12:00 AM
not liking mechanical keyboards?

Granted, I haven't tried all of them. But after some testing on a friend's BlackWidow (Blue) a while ago and a CM Quickfire XT (Brown) today, I'm not a fan of the feel of the keyboards. The clicking noises are fine and dandy, but the touch feels uncomfortable and the keys felt pretty narrow (despite being a full keyboard).

Kraco
Wed, 08-06-2014, 03:11 AM
not liking mechanical keyboards?

Granted, I haven't tried all of them. But after some testing on a friend's BlackWidow (Blue) a while ago and a CM Quickfire XT (Brown) today, I'm not a fan of the feel of the keyboards. The clicking noises are fine and dandy, but the touch feels uncomfortable and the keys felt pretty narrow (despite being a full keyboard).

I had the Logitech's mechanical G710 (brown) for an hour before I returned it. I actually didn't mind the switches, but it was also narrow. Like every key was a millimeter or two narrower than in every other keyboard I'd used over the years. Plus I decided right then I'll never get a keyboard that looks like a gaming keyboard. That is, a toy. No doubt any visitor would think you can do nothing but game all night long. I'd actually need a new keyboard to replace my current 15 years old pos, but I don't seem to be able to choose a replacement.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-06-2014, 03:42 AM
My Logitech Illuminated Keyboard serves me very nicely. I'm sure some design changes here and there could increase my typing speed, but for the most part it works great.

The fact that it looks like something from batman's batcave is a bonus.

http://i.imgur.com/As0T6AB.jpg

There's plenty of reasons to hate mechanical keyboards, noise being one of them. I don't particularly gravitate towards one type or the other.

Just give me a keyboard that is illuminated, quiet and good looking and I'll take it.

Animeniax
Wed, 08-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Buff, is that the K740? I don't know if I can spend $60-70 for a keyboard, considering how often I smash them in frustration when playing games. I'm currently using a $10 Microsoft generic dealy.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 08-06-2014, 01:35 PM
I thought mechanical keyboards were smash proof?

Kraco
Wed, 08-06-2014, 01:53 PM
I thought mechanical keyboards were smash proof?

Yeah, you would think a 100+ dollars device is tougher than a 10 dollars one. Built of higher quality material, including metal sometimes. Still, they aren't generally designed to be used as punching bags but input devices for computers. I seem to remember some manufacturers might have tried to make their devices suitable for people with anger management issues, but I don't see a single reason to pay extra for such a feature, considering mechanical keyboards are so expensive to begin with. Hit a concrete wall, not the keyboard, and you can be sure you won't break anything (other than your hand, of course, but it's just a hand and will regenerate).

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Buff, is that the K740? I don't know if I can spend $60-70 for a keyboard, considering how often I smash them in frustration when playing games. I'm currently using a $10 Microsoft generic dealy.

Yes. I don't smash them so that's an alright price for me. I don't think it's as spill resistant as mechanical keyboards though.

Animeniax
Wed, 08-06-2014, 09:00 PM
Yes. I don't smash them so that's an alright price for me. I don't think it's as spill resistant as mechanical keyboards though.

I don't tend to drink around my computer desk so that's not a concern. Do the keys illuminate or the entire strip around the edge of the kb?

edit: do you like the illumination function because you tend to use the PC in the dark?

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-06-2014, 10:23 PM
I don't tend to drink around my computer desk so that's not a concern. Do the keys illuminate or the entire strip around the edge of the kb?

The Edge of the board doesn't illuminate. If you set the brightness on lower settings only the letters light up. On brighter settings you can see light escaping between the keys.

enkoujin
Thu, 08-07-2014, 01:19 AM
I don't really game and I'm not too passionate about maximizing my typing speed anymore. I expected instantaneous comfort with a mechanical keyboard, but it just didn't work out for me. I guess I'll be sticking with rubber domes for a while to come until I can get my hands on a buckling spring keyboard (http://pckeyboard.com/page/category/UKBD).