PDA

View Full Version : The I want a compliment thread

Sapphire
Tue, 10-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Are you feeling down and want a pick me up? Do you want your already comfy ego to be stroked? Post here and recieve a compliment!!!

Or maybe you just want to randomly compliment someone for no particular reason. Post those compliments too!

poopdeville
Tue, 10-20-2009, 10:39 AM
You're sweet.

UChessmaster
Tue, 10-20-2009, 12:44 PM
I could use a compliment :)

Animeniax
Tue, 10-20-2009, 02:08 PM
You have an amazingly poignant and insightful quote in your sig.

Lucifus
Tue, 10-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Your abstract wisdom and sense of morality has touched each us throughout the years.:)

Sapphire
Tue, 10-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Lucifus I totally admire your artistic capabilities!

XanBcoo
Tue, 10-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Can we try not to turn this into a spam thread?

I don't want people replying with half-assed posts just so they can receive an equally half-assed compliment from the person below them.

Sapphire
Tue, 10-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Move it to the flame pit then.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 10-20-2009, 03:21 PM
in that case, saphire, you're a true flame pit material.

what do you mean it's not a compliment?

XanBcoo
Tue, 10-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Move it to the flame pit then.
Well it's not that I think it's deserving of the flame pit, I just know how these threads turn out.

Basically I'm just asking that everyone try to be genuine with their responses. Don't reply just for the sake of it.

Content: Sapphire, this was a cute idea for a thread and I'm glad you're still a big contributor to the forums. You seem like you'd be a fun person to hang out with.

UChessmaster: You come off as an intelligent guy and I can usually count on your posts not being intentionally belligerent or uninformed. You're not one of the "loudest" users here, but you're a valuable contributor.

XanBcoo
Sun, 10-25-2009, 02:56 AM
Well I didn't mean to kill the thread, oops.

Anyway I could use a compliment right now. I'm going through that familiar wave of self-loathing that comes around every once in a while and need a reminder that I'm not a complete spaz.

KitKat
Sun, 10-25-2009, 03:14 AM
Xan, you're a very thoughtful and observant person. Even if you're not always acknowledged, you're still appreciated. You have a fun and quirky sense of humour that always makes me laugh. There are few people on this forum that are so honest about themselves as you are, because I feel like you guard yourself irl, but to us you really pour out your soul without worrying about anyone's opinion of you. I admire that honesty and straightforwardness. And maybe I'm totally off here, but I also feel like you have a heart for justice, and that you are going to be a powerful voice in this generation to speak out against injustice and corruption.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-25-2009, 05:49 AM
Kitkat, I think you are a real sweet person, on the forums and otherwise. I have never said that to anyone I know in real life or the net until now.

Xanbcoo, you are my favorite mod along with Kraco. I am sure that you are a very understanding and forgiving person, because I have experienced it first hand a while ago. Also, even if you think there is something wrong with me for loving loli as much as I do, I still like you.

Archangel
Sun, 10-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Shinta, you're a great guy who's fun to talk to and with amazing skills behind the photoshop. You're also a fellow loli lover so that alone makes you cool in my book :)

Sapphire
Sat, 11-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Ryll, you're awesome, well spoken, and you a great contributor to this forum!

Xan, I like your guitar playing and you're sense of humor, and it's always fun to see you occasionally in other places than the forums.

Yuki, you're like the brother I always wanted! I need a separate post for you.

Nadouku, you're my future husband/wife, so of course you're awesome.

Ani, you have a weird and twisted sense of humor that makes the boards more interesting!

Arch, you are good at art, and make me laugh at times

Zell, you're awesome! I'll always like you

Shinta, you're brilliant at art as well, as well as a good poster and your loli love is rubbing off on me I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing..!

KitKat, I admire your knitting and bakeristic aspirations, and you're very nice

Buff, I think you're awesome, yo. And I love it when you pay a visit to IRC and have chats with us

Sorry if I missed anyone.. I'll continue later!

Nadouku
Sun, 11-08-2009, 01:06 AM
You're a pretty sweet person, Sapphire! I'm also very flattered by your compliment. :p

Assertn
Sun, 11-08-2009, 03:24 AM
Just throwing this out there: I do tend to browse through this thread on occasion, so if you happen to compliment me, I'll probably notice it at some point.

masamuneehs
Sun, 11-08-2009, 03:49 AM
assertn, you seem to try to keep it real, and that has got to count for something. you also arent the type to let your status and money go to your head, and it takes a grounded person to do that. the fact that you have been sticking around these forums even after giving up modship, for so long, also suggests that you have a strong sense of loyalty, and the tenacity to maintain that loyalty.