PDA

View Full Version : TV: Parks and Recreation

Testarossa Autodrive
Fri, 10-16-2009, 05:17 PM
http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/M_R/Pa_Ph/Parks_And_Recreation/season1/parks-recreation6.jpg

The series follows Leslie Knope, the deputy director of the Parks and Recreation department in the fictional town of Pawnee, Indiana.[3] Knope takes on a project with a nurse named Ann to turn an abandoned construction pit into a park, while trying to navigate her way through the local government.

So, who here watches this show? I know I've definitely started to warm up to it. At first, I thought it was going to be another one of those mockumentaries everyone seems to be so fascinated with, but now that we're passed the eleventh episode, I'm really starting to enjoy it.

I really love Amy Poehler and have followed her career since Upright Citizens Brigade. It was weird when she joined Saturday Night Live, but she was still pretty funny. Now, I'm really digging what she's doing with Parks and Rec, and I make it a point to watch the show.

Not only is Amy great, but the rest of the cast is awesome, too. Who would have thought a show about a Parks and Recreation department in a small, Indiana town would actually be pretty hilarious?