PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 468

Marik
Thu, 10-15-2009, 05:47 PM
\o/

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kmnyzzzxjyy) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UZDBYIGR) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/1x1dle)

Naruto will be on hiatus next week. It will return in Issue #49, the following week.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 10-15-2009, 06:11 PM
I loved how they paralleled killerbee and Naruto. they can be a great rap duo.

I'm still waiting on Kisama to join the good side.

Naruto_RNG
Thu, 10-15-2009, 06:36 PM
So the shark guy is beast-less jin, well we knew he had high amount of chakra so guess that works out. Man cant wait for the convo between naruto and sakura. Maybe I'm reading into it too much but did anyone else get the kakashi ==> future hokage vibe?
I wonder if kishi is gonna go through wut he wrote for past few weeks during the upcoming break and think really hard on wtf was I on lol.

redcat
Thu, 10-15-2009, 09:19 PM
good
god, th-
at tran-
slation
was a
pain to
re-
ad

Genma
Thu, 10-15-2009, 09:51 PM
God, Killerbee has to the the lamest character ever. I hope he dies a painful, horrible death... being "shaved" by shark dude's awesome sword would suffice.

Also, I haven't posted here in a while, but I felt the need to complain about Killerbee somewhere.

michelous
Thu, 10-15-2009, 09:56 PM
it would be bad if he died
and if he did die it would be the painless way garra "died"

Rikudo
Thu, 10-15-2009, 10:11 PM
The only way Killerbee would die is through the bijuu extraction. Kisame explicitly pointed out that he wouldn't kill him.

Even if Kisame's chakra is on a junchiriki level, I'll still give the advantage to Killerbee since he mastered his relations with the 8-tails. But personally, I prefer Kisame to stay alive more than the rapper dude.

Sidnne
Thu, 10-15-2009, 10:15 PM
I liked this chapter a lot. Seemed like a lot going on and it felt like there was some subtle and not-so-subtle movements in the story-line.

I enjoyed the discussion between the Kages and seeing them debate and compromise on different issues.

Sam98034
Thu, 10-15-2009, 11:56 PM
Anyone getting a "bad guy" vibe from the old Kage? Not even necessarily on Madara's side, but I feel like he would be first to betray the ninja alliance.

Prof. Chaos
Fri, 10-16-2009, 01:30 AM
Back when Gai faced off against the Kisame clone, he had to go 7 gates to defeat him. Plus I always had a feeling back then that his Samehada absorbed and transferred the chakra into him.

Strider
Fri, 10-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Not that I doubt any Akatsuki member could take a Jinchuuriki, I think they explicitly explained Kisame being on such a high level to justify a several chapter long fight between Kisame and Killer Bee that will be coming up.

While I would have liked the idea of having some Hachibi and Kyuubi conversation, I don't see Kisame losing. The series is to focus on Naruto and with an encroaching war is there time for the two hosts to meet and possibly have Naruto learn from him?

Naruto doesn't even seem to consider the Kyuubi as an option and is understanding that lengthening his duration in Sage mode is the way to go. Killer Bee is no longer needed.

I would prefer Killer Bee remain alive to be a part of this war, but I would rather Kisame not die and with him being such a beast I do not know why Kisame would back down and leave. Kill the Bee.

I liked this chapter, though.

EDIT: Gai opened six gates. It was still serious business.

Sidnne
Fri, 10-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Not that I doubt any Akatsuki member could take a Jinchuuriki, I think they explicitly explained Kisame being on such a high level to justify a several chapter long fight between Kisame and Killer Bee that will be coming up.

While I would have liked the idea of having some Hachibi and Kyuubi conversation, I don't see Kisame losing. The series is to focus on Naruto and with an encroaching war is there time for the two hosts to meet and possibly have Naruto learn from him?

Naruto doesn't even seem to consider the Kyuubi as an option and is understanding that lengthening his duration in Sage mode is the way to go. Killer Bee is no longer needed.

I would prefer Killer Bee remain alive to be a part of this war, but I would rather Kisame not die and with him being such a beast I do not know why Kisame would back down and leave. Kill the Bee.

Killer Bee isn't going to die. He will be captured, but Naruto will somehow rescue him and bring him back safely, thus earning the Raikage's respect that he didn't have in their previous meeting.

Logrus
Fri, 10-16-2009, 12:50 PM
All i hope is naruto somehow makes it to hokage otherwise..................

How much does he have to do to even become a Junnin? thats just ridicules.
Getting Pain mastering Sage mode that even Jiraya couldnt fusing the rasengan with wind element and learning how to toss it......

At least after this arc make him hokage or Sannin!!

RasenDori
Fri, 10-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Looks like Kisame was sufficiently hyped. Me thinks this will be his final battle.

Sidnne
Fri, 10-16-2009, 02:03 PM
All i hope is naruto somehow makes it to hokage otherwise..................

How much does he have to do to even become a Junnin? thats just ridicules.
Getting Pain mastering Sage mode that even Jiraya couldnt fusing the rasengan with wind element and learning how to toss it......

At least after this arc make him hokage or Sannin!!

Well... they aren't going to make him Sannin, because there is only one of him. Sannin isn't a rank, it simply means "Three Ninja."

FireEmblem
Fri, 10-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Naruto isn't emotionally ready to be Hokage. That's why he is not Hokage. Plain and simple.

samsonlonghair
Fri, 10-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro are coming to see Kakashi. When those three arrive they'll be in the same place as Naruto. Yamato, Lee, Kiba, Sai, and Sakura. This smells like it's leading up to a ten-ninja-team-up to rescue killerbee from Kisame.

poopdeville
Fri, 10-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro are coming to see Kakashi. When those three arrive they'll be in the same place as Naruto. Yamato, Lee, Kiba, Neji, and Sakura. This smells like it's leading up to a ten-ninja-team-up to rescue killerbee from Kisame.

+1

Also, it's about time we saw Kisame get serious.

Assertn
Fri, 10-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Every time we see Kisame, he always gets played off as a more significant character than we are led to believe. A demon as strong as a jinchurriki, with the strongest of the 7 swords? Did anybody get that impression when he first appeared with Itachi?

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 10-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Not I, but then again, he is akasuki. It's about time they showed why. Did the reason have to be this gimmicky? Again, no, but whatever. At least it doesn't come across as completely ridiculous, even if it actually is.

I'm just glad Danzo's fuck up is actually a fuckup and is probably going to cost him the way a lot of us hoped it would cost us. This was a pretty nice chapter overall, and it was nice to see Raikage knock it down a notch or three and use his brain. I guess a loud mouth can make an effective kage afterall. Concerning the killerbee vs. kisame fight, if nothing else, it should be entertaining at least.

Sidnne
Fri, 10-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro are coming to see Kakashi. When those three arrive they'll be in the same place as Naruto. Yamato, Lee, Kiba, Neji, and Sakura. This smells like it's leading up to a ten-ninja-team-up to rescue killerbee from Kisame.

Its Sai thats with them, not Neji. And I can't imagine what would cause them to 1) know that Kisame is about to fight KB, and 2) alter their objective of dealing with Sasuke.

Its more likely that the cloud and mist would be moving out to search for KB. If fact, Raikage was already putting together a search team in this very chapter.

In spite of the alliance, it really doesn't make sense for sand and leaf to deal with the Hachibi. They need to protect the Kyuubi and let cloud and mist deal with the Hachibi.

Assertn
Fri, 10-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Not I, but then again, he is akasuki. It's about time they showed why. Did the reason have to be this gimmicky? Again, no, but whatever. At least it doesn't come across as completely ridiculous, even if it actually is.
Being one of the 7 swordsmen should be enough reason, tbh...

Its just one of those things that perpetuates the way Kishimoto improvises whatever he feels like for his characters. If the rules can change so easily and frequently, it makes it hard to really care about the story. Same thing with the seals, as I mentioned last week.

Oda, conversely, does a great job at establishing his characters in one piece early on and then keeping them within the physical realm of their capabilities, while still allowing them to substantially contribute to the story. It's amazing.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 10-16-2009, 07:23 PM
@Assertn: Oh, most definitely. With you 100% on that. I guess I should check out one piece.

@Sidnne: Sasuke is small fries compared to the fourth ninja world war, or whatever, and Madara's moon eye plan, or whatever it's actually called. In fact, Sasuke's just a piece of the puzzle. I don't see how they would avoid shifting focus from Sasuke to preparing for war.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-16-2009, 07:34 PM
as far as I remember, this is the first time they've called it "3rd\4th ninja world war"...
it was always 'great war'.. or was it just a difference in translation?

Tenbatsu
Fri, 10-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Sigh, everyone is on the same level as the tailed beasts now a days. It used to be e big deal. In the last 50 chapters or whatever raikage and kisame got declared to have the same chakra levels as a tailed beast... Who's next? Atleast kakashi runs out of chakra when he fights T_T

samsonlonghair
Fri, 10-16-2009, 10:21 PM
D'oh! I meant to say Sai, not Neji.

At least I got one thing right. I predicted that Juugo and Suigetsu would be left behind when Madara rescued Sasuke and Karin. Usually my predictions are totally wrong.

So what's Suigetsu's idea for getting out of there without being captured?

poopdeville
Fri, 10-16-2009, 10:33 PM
He's going to turn into a puddle, and leave Juugo behind.

Pandadice
Fri, 10-16-2009, 11:25 PM
D'oh! I meant to say Sai, not Neji.

At least I got one thing right. I predicted that Juugo and Suigetsu would be left behind when Madara rescued Sasuke and Karin. Usually my predictions are totally wrong.

So what's Suigetsu's idea for getting out of there without being captured?
awman, the fact that they were left behind means there's still a chance for a 7-swordsman vs 7-swordsman fight! :D

He's going to turn into a puddle, and leave Juugo behind.
lol. that'd be awesome xD

there was definitely a lot going on in this chapter. can't believe we're finally getting to the kisame vs killer bee fight. this is gonna be awesome!

Keno
Sat, 10-17-2009, 01:20 AM
Now that I think about it. What's that team doing (Sai, Rock Lee, Sakura, Kiba) without a jounin? I was under the impression that missions were carried out by at least jounins. And who authorized the mission with Tsunade KOd and Danzo missing? Teh Rebels!

That aside, I don't think Bee will die just yet. Thinking about the author's Sasuke crush, someone who basically owned Sasuke will not go down so quickly, at least IMO. Plus it would seem like a waste of character. He seems like one of those characters created for a long run. If he were to die in the upcoming fight, it would seem like too much was spent on developing him for nothing. Add to that the Raikage's search team, plus the dudes that beat up Naruto, would all seem like a waste of time/manga. I could be surprised though. lol

Heck, It wouldn't surprise me to see the Raikage die before Bee. Maybe even saving Bee from Kisame?

Assertn
Sat, 10-17-2009, 02:12 AM
Shikamaru's group didn't ask for permission. They went off on their own.

I keep checking the new chapters to see if Raikage got his arm back. So far he hasn't. Poor guy sure got shafted, considering that Sasuke will return to 100% health.

Psyke
Sat, 10-17-2009, 02:48 AM
Now that I think about it. What's that team doing (Sai, Rock Lee, Sakura, Kiba) without a jounin? I was under the impression that missions were carried out by at least jounins.

Field promotion is pretty common during a state of emergency, especially when your entire town is destroyed. ;)

Pandadice
Sat, 10-17-2009, 03:47 AM
Chuunins are squad leaders who can carry out missions. which all of those people are. Plus isn't Sai on a jounins level?

FireEmblem
Sat, 10-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Sai was in Root, and is supposedly the "strongest ninja in his age group" according to Danzou. Then again, that probably went to hell when Kishi took one too many puffs from his over-sized bong.

samsonlonghair
Sat, 10-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Who is the Enka singer with the big Tanuki? This seemed like the most random part of this chapter. I bet he turns out to be an awesome fighter, but he prefers singing to fighting.

Stitch
Sun, 10-18-2009, 01:37 AM
Sakura better give Naruto one mean ass talk so his ass will finally get over that bitch and be all about his business.

rockmanj
Sun, 10-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Who is the Enka singer with the big Tanuki? This seemed like the most random part of this chapter. I bet he turns out to be an awesome fighter, but he prefers singing to fighting.

It looks like he has to have pretty good chakra control; I mean he has a huge summoned creature just standing there with a gigantic axe.

Sidnne
Sun, 10-18-2009, 06:25 PM

Well, KB called him Master, so I'm assuming he is probably the guy who taught him how to control the hachibi. He is probably to KB what Jiraiya was to Naruto. He even seems to have that eccentric personality, and possibly a hermit.

FireEmblem
Mon, 10-19-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm still curious about Danzou. This guy has been wanting to be Hokage for like....FOREVER now, and when he finally is at the point where he has as good a chance as he'll ever get, he goes and fucks it up by doing something so OBVIOUSLY retarded. It just seems too convenient or too stupid. Like where does he think he can go now?

This is one thing that will really piss me off in this manga. If there are barely any consequences for Danzou's behavior at the summit. There needs to be more than him just losing the Hokage title. He already got away with some pretty shady shit recently, like not helping the village AT ALL when Pain was there. He needs to take control of the village by force, or the village needs to force him out.

kaniskii
Tue, 10-20-2009, 04:07 AM
I'm still curious about Danzou. This guy has been wanting to be Hokage for like....FOREVER now, and when he finally is at the point where he has as good a chance as he'll ever get, he goes and fucks it up by doing something so OBVIOUSLY retarded. It just seems too convenient or too stupid. Like where does he think he can go now?

This is one thing that will really piss me off in this manga. If there are barely any consequences for Danzou's behavior at the summit. There needs to be more than him just losing the Hokage title. He already got away with some pretty shady shit recently, like not helping the village AT ALL when Pain was there. He needs to take control of the village by force, or the village needs to force him out.

Maybe it's this way because he is actually Tobi/Uchiha Madara, or has that already been thrown out the window? I mean, with this, it gives him room to just stay as Tobi and not have to worry about going back and forth. I dont think it has been debunked completely that he Madara and Danzo are the same person.

Tyreal
Tue, 10-20-2009, 05:36 AM
Maybe it's this way because he is actually Tobi/Uchiha Madara, or has that already been thrown out the window? I mean, with this, it gives him room to just stay as Tobi and not have to worry about going back and forth. I dont think it has been debunked completely that he Madara and Danzo are the same person.

Here's a theory. Is it possible that the sharingan Danzou has is actually Madara's? That could be how Madara ha stayed alive all these years and also why he is only a shell of his former sells. He somehow found a way to seal his soul in the sharingan and his sharingan ha been passed down through generations of Uchiha until Danzou took it from one of the Uchiha that Itachi killed. Think about it. It's unlikely the Uchiha are just going to let a power like Madara's just die.

Strider
Thu, 10-22-2009, 07:24 AM
So, Shisui's Sharingan wasn't his own? It was Madara's?

Madara and Danzou have yet to be in the same place at the same time.

If Madara wanted the Jinchuuriki of Konoha, one would think to talk to the Hokage; not the others who really have no say over the decisions of another village.

Tyreal
Thu, 10-22-2009, 12:40 PM
If Madara wanted the Jinchuuriki of Konoha, one would think to talk to the Hokage; not the others who really have no say over the decisions of another village.

I feel I should point out that the Nine-Tails needs to be sealed last. Now considering they still have sealed the Eight-Tails Madara would be a feel to try and take the Nine-Tails from Konoha now as it would give them an indefinate amount of time to retrieve Naruto before the Nine-Tails was sealed.

Logrus
Thu, 10-22-2009, 01:59 PM
But doesnt he need its 100% chakra when naruto only holds 50% :S

How will they work out that bring back the 4th? ( just assuming he sealed the other half in him.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 10-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Maybe someone else knows how to do Edo Tensei and will bring him back for a while.

samsonlonghair
Thu, 10-22-2009, 08:15 PM
I could imagine that the Kyuubi hates Madara so much He'd help Naruto, but I doubt the Kyuubi will ever be a friendly sweetheart to Naruto.

Strider
Sat, 10-24-2009, 06:42 PM
All of the Nine-Tails is in Naruto.

Naruto only has access to a portion of it's chakra.

That's what I got from the whole yin and yang shit.

Sidnne
Sun, 10-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Madara and Danzou have yet to be in the same place at the same time.

No, but we have seen Madara out doing other things while Danzou's whereabouts were accounted for. i.e. Madara chatting with Naruto while Danzou was in the meeting.

If one of them is a Kagebunshin, then it shouldn't matter if they are in the same place at the same time.

Give it a rest.

Tyreal
Mon, 10-26-2009, 02:34 AM
No, but we have seen Madara out doing other things while Danzou's whereabouts were accounted for. i.e. Madara chatting with Naruto while Danzou was in the meeting.

Wasn't Danzou using his eye technique while Madara was chatting with Naruto? And then after Danzou stopped using the eye technique Madara disappeared? Or is my timing of these events off. I need to go back and re-read that part.

Sidnne
Mon, 10-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Wasn't Danzou using his eye technique while Madara was chatting with Naruto? And then after Danzou stopped using the eye technique Madara disappeared? Or is my timing of these events off. I need to go back and re-read that part.

Yeah, I think you need to go back and re-read things. There is absolutely nothing that suggests this is any chapter. And Danzou stopped using the technique several chapters before Madara started talking to Naruto.

The only time we know of Danzou using his eye technique was while he was using it on Mifune, and he stopped as soon as Aoi called him out on it. Madara appeared before Naruto while Sasuke was fighting the Samurai.

There is simply no correlation between the two, and to suggest one is ludicrous.

Tyreal
Tue, 10-27-2009, 06:11 AM
Yeah, I think you need to go back and re-read things. There is absolutely nothing that suggests this is any chapter. And Danzou stopped using the technique several chapters before Madara started talking to Naruto.

The only time we know of Danzou using his eye technique was while he was using it on Mifune, and he stopped as soon as Aoi called him out on it. Madara appeared before Naruto while Sasuke was fighting the Samurai.

There is simply no correlation between the two, and to suggest one is ludicrous.

Ok, my timing of when the events happened was off then. I said as much in my original post.

surewiseip
Tue, 10-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Back when Gai faced off against the Kisame clone, he had to go 7 gates to defeat him. Plus I always had a feeling back then that his Samehada absorbed and transferred the chakra into him.

Kisame was at like 30% so.....yee killer bee is going to get raped!

Sidnne
Wed, 10-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Ok, my timing of when the events happened was off then. I said as much in my original post.

/shrug. You asked questions. I answered them.