PDA

View Full Version : The next Straw Hat

Archangel
Mon, 10-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Who do you think the next member of Luffy's crew is gonna be?

My money is on either Perona or Boa, probably Boa since Luffy really needs someone to teach him how to control that Hako of his if he wants to have even a chance of surviving in the New World, but recent developments place Perona in a pretty favorable position too

I guess Margarette is also a possibility but i don't really see it happening

Munsu
Mon, 10-12-2009, 10:03 AM
I don't see Boa joining up since she has some responsibilities for her Island. I don't think the next one has been introduced yet.

Assertn
Mon, 10-12-2009, 10:52 AM
To be honest....
I think the BEST addition to the crew at this time would be a fishman.

rockmanj
Mon, 10-12-2009, 10:54 AM
I would say Hachi, but they already have a cook. Maybe Boa can go, and leave Margaret in charge or something?

Xyrox
Mon, 10-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Margarette (spelling?) seemed like a pretty obvious "join my crew" candidate, but seeing how she didn't follow Luffy to Impel Down it seems like a long shot now. But who knows, maybe they'll meet there somehow - "we came because we were worried". Er. Or maybe not...

Besides, the crew already has a sniper. What positions are still "open"?

Splash!
Mon, 10-12-2009, 11:49 AM
As Assertn pointed out, they definitely need a fishman. They need to balance out the fact that they have several hammers. Right now they have no one who feels at home in the sea, which is not a good thing considering all the water and sea creatures they are usually surrounded with. IF and WHEN they get to fishman island, they should definitely pick up either a Fishman or a mermaid.

Kraco
Mon, 10-12-2009, 01:02 PM
I vote for a mermaid! Unless it's a really cool fishman.

Anyway, I can't really see Boa joining them for various reasons already stated plus the fact she has so much presence that it would be hard to imagine her becoming just another crew member. She's used to being a ruler of an island and a shichibukai.

Margaret was a nice chick but got no history and reason to join the Straw hats and thus I think falls short of Luffy's requirements. The others all have a reason of their own to be there.

Perona would need to develop and change a lot to be even considered for such a position.

Geddoe1
Mon, 10-12-2009, 02:44 PM
I vote for pandaman to become a crew member:p

Assertn
Mon, 10-12-2009, 07:29 PM
A flying zoan type would be good alternative to a fishman.

Although didn't they say something back in the Alabasta arc about there being only 3 known flying zoan types or something?

Archangel
Mon, 10-12-2009, 07:33 PM
A flying zoan type would be good alternative to a fishman.

Although didn't they say something back in the Alabasta arc about there being only 3 known flying zoan types or something?

I remember that too

An ancient Zoan would be awesome, like a pterodactyl

Kraco
Tue, 10-13-2009, 12:54 AM
If we really thought this from the pov of a pirate crew, what they are missing is a parrot. They should just find a really smart one.

Assertn
Tue, 10-13-2009, 01:01 AM
A flying zoan type, model: parrot.

the end.

Xyrox
Tue, 10-13-2009, 11:41 AM
A flying zoan type, model: parrot.

the end.

No, you missed the fishman part. A fishman who's eaten the kawai¹ kawai fruit (parrotfish? (http://www.fishtaxidermist.com/parrotfishu.jpg)).

¹ If I recall correctly, that's parrot in Japanese.

Assertn
Tue, 10-13-2009, 11:49 AM
koi fish?

Only thing... a fishman that becomes a hammer in water kind of defeats the point.

UChessmaster
Tue, 10-13-2009, 11:56 AM
koi fish?

Only thing... a fishman that becomes a hammer in water kind of defeats the point.

Maybe the hammer part only applies to humans?

Assertn
Tue, 10-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Maybe the hammer part only applies to humans?
and reindeer and skeletons?

Archangel
Tue, 10-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Hmmm... if the elephant sword fell in the sea, would it die?

Kraco
Tue, 10-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Any sword would get rusty and thus eventually die in sea water.

Dark Dragon
Tue, 10-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Oda like to throw curve balls so it's possible that Boa might join the crew.

edit: damn sorry, i forgot this was in the anime section

Archangel
Tue, 10-13-2009, 12:50 PM
You guys are trying very hard to get this moved to the manga section aren't you?

Assertn
Tue, 10-13-2009, 01:13 PM
::SPOILER ALERT:: Oda likes to throw curveballs

Edit: shit.

Dark Dragon
Tue, 10-13-2009, 01:19 PM
I had some spoiler in my last post, but i edited them out.

chambers
Tue, 10-13-2009, 06:58 PM
I really dont see any possible candidates so far for people to join the crew... it would be nice of boa joined but i dont see it happening.

A fish man would be nice but i dont see why jinbei would join strawhats crew if hes a warlord, he will more than likley fight against luffy if they leave the holy land and decide to join the battle against whitebeard.

Maybe if whitebeard dies ace will join? or somone else in his crew like that marco guy? Either way the upcoming war could throw a lot of curveballs... if whitebeard is killed or defeated then many of his pirates might leave him for greener pastures. If they win the government will be decimated and we could see people like coby even join up or it could free the way for the no longer burdened sichibukai to go there own ways and boa join up :S

so many options!

UChessmaster
Tue, 10-13-2009, 07:02 PM
and reindeer and skeletons?

If you wanna get technical, Brooke is made out of humans parts, and Chopper has the HUMAN HUMAN fruit.

Sentenal
Wed, 10-14-2009, 02:04 AM
If you wanna get technical, Brooke is made out of humans parts, and Chopper has the HUMAN HUMAN fruit.
But its not the "Human Human" part of his fruit that makes him a hammer.

Assertn
Wed, 10-14-2009, 02:06 AM
I am 99% positive anything that eats a devils fruit becomes a hammer, regardless of species, both original and zoanified.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 10-14-2009, 03:11 AM
I'm curious as to the effect of a devil fruit on a fishman, since we've never seen one that has it.

Archangel
Wed, 10-14-2009, 06:24 AM
I'm curious as to the effect of a devil fruit on a fishman, since we've never seen one that has it.

Probably because it would be suicide? They can walk on earth but the sea is still their natural environment.

Pessu
Sat, 10-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Why does everyone think there will be another strawhat anyways? The crew is already quite big and i'd hate to see everyone getting less and less screen time.

UChessmaster
Sat, 10-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Why does everyone think there will be another strawhat anyways? The crew is already quite big and i'd hate to see everyone getting less and less screen time.

Because Luffy said he wants 10 crewmates and he has 8 so far.

Pessu
Sat, 10-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Because Luffy said he wants 10 crewmates and he has 8 so far.

He also said in arabasta that he only needs a musician.

UChessmaster
Sat, 10-17-2009, 06:09 PM
He said he wanted a mussician next, not that he ONLY needed one.

Carnage
Sat, 10-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Luffy's new nakama will be Whitebeard.