PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 421

Marik
Sat, 10-10-2009, 09:01 PM
[UTSF]​ One​ Piece​ - 421​ [400p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=90304) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=APL5SFL1)

[yibis]​ One​ Piece​ 421​ [720p] [547E9F4F].mkv (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=28866)

Funimation Stream (http://www.onepieceofficial.com/videos.aspx?v=2951)

Episode 421 Streaming (http://www.watch-onepiece.com/watch/578-One_Piece_Episode_421_English_Subbed)

------

Episode 422 Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyBbSzqvl94)

poopdeville
Sat, 10-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Nice, a weirdly dom-sub relationship followed by Satan worshipping.

Garp!

DarthEnderX
Sun, 10-11-2009, 02:43 AM
Interesting. Another 2 character who it's hard to see how they'll power up.

Unless the place Zoro went has some kind of crazy powerful sword hidden away somewhere.

Although, I guess the place Brook went IS called like the land of bones or something. I imagine once they tell us WHY it's called that it'll become obvious why he's there.

poopdeville
Sun, 10-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Lazy Bones Island, in the land of Hungeria.

Sounds like a poverty theme to me.

Archangel
Sun, 10-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Interesting. Another 2 character who it's hard to see how they'll power up.

Unless the place Zoro went has some kind of crazy powerful sword hidden away somewhere.

Although, I guess the place Brook went IS called like the land of bones or something. I imagine once they tell us WHY it's called that it'll become obvious why he's there.

It gets clearer if you read the cover mini arcs but you might want to hold back on those should they want to use them as filler in the future

So after this episode what do you guys think are the chances of Perona being the next Straw Hat? It's a theory that's been popularized by the fact that Perona's powers have been explained in much more detail than usual by Oda.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 10-11-2009, 01:23 PM
At the moment, Boa seems to have a much better chance of becoming a Strawhat than Perona.

Also, Perona doesn't do anything useful that a pirate crew would need.

Also, that would make 2 new crew from the Thriller Bark arc.

Also, she sucks.

Archangel
Sun, 10-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Isn't Hancock facing the same situation Vivi did?

And i think Perona is kind of cute. Her laugh is unique but not annoying at all, but then again i may just be numb to annoying laughs after an whole arc of "Kishishishi"s and "Pospospos"s

DarthEnderX
Sun, 10-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Her voice is absolutely ear bleeding and her personality is extremely annoying.

She also doesn't seem very strong, or determined.

Also, nobody can become a Straw-hat without a horrible tragic childhood flashback. So far, she doesn't have one of those.

But Boa does.

Sentenal
Sun, 10-11-2009, 01:49 PM
I doubt Hancock would join the crew, seeing as how she is an Empress and all. Perona and Margaret have a better chance.

Archangel
Sun, 10-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Her voice is absolutely ear bleeding and her personality is extremely annoying.

She also doesn't seem very strong, or determined.

Also, nobody can become a Straw-hat without a horrible tragic childhood flashback. So far, she doesn't have one of those.

But Boa does.

Really? I find it cute

Brook didn't have one either and he still joined

My only problem with her joining is that the negative hollows might be a little hax

That said if Boa joins instead i'll have no problems with it, i like her character too

Dark Dragon
Sun, 10-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Brook didn't have one either and he still joined

Seeing his crew die one by one and then became stuck on an empty ship for several decades. That's enough to drive most people insane.

Archangel
Sun, 10-11-2009, 02:13 PM
The keyword there was childhood so i went with it

Also i would say that Perona has some issues herself with her obsession over plushies and darkness

@Below: We're going in circles now, read the other posts for your answer

Death13a
Sun, 10-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Archangel by your requirements Hancock fits the bill for Strawhat. She has childhood tragic past, as for a goal: marry Luffy and for how long does Empress plans to bow before World Government?

DarthEnderX
Sun, 10-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Essentially, Luffy has 2 crew spots left for the size of crew that he wants.

The only thing his crew needs to be a complete pirate crew is a Helmsmen, and...I dunno...maybe a Lookout.

Archangel
Sun, 10-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Essentially, Luffy has 2 crew spots left for the size of crew that he wants.

The only thing his crew needs to be a complete pirate crew is a Helmsmen, and...I dunno...maybe a Lookout.

That number thing was mentioned like 1 time 400 episodes ago, do you think Oda planned that far ahead?

Dark Dragon
Sun, 10-11-2009, 06:08 PM
That number thing was mentioned like 1 time 400 episodes ago, do you think Oda planned that far ahead?

I don't know, but if Dragon and Laboon is any indication then i wouldn't doubt it.

Marik
Sun, 10-11-2009, 06:38 PM
[UTSF]​ One​ Piece​ - 421​ [400p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=90304) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=APL5SFL1)

And i think Perona is kind of cute. Her laugh is unique but not annoying at all
I like Perona as well, but I'd rather see Hancock join instead. I've been wanting them to add another female crew member for a while. If Perona is the only female option, then I'd rather she join over any male.

Assertn
Sun, 10-11-2009, 06:59 PM
If I was going to write a +10 year long series about a pirate crew...the first thing I would probably think about is who all the members of the crew would be.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 10-11-2009, 07:46 PM
That number thing was mentioned like 1 time 400 episodes ago, do you think Oda planned that far ahead?Oda has said multiple times that he had the entire plot of One Piece laid out before he even started the series. And just adds in new arcs into the middle as he comes up with new ideas.

FireEmblem
Sun, 10-11-2009, 09:10 PM
I don't know, but if Dragon and Laboon is any indication then i wouldn't doubt it.

I'm not too sure about Laboon though. More than likely he didn't have the Laboon thing in his head and improv'd it into the story. When they met Crocus at the Twin Capes, Crocus said that the crew that left Laboon there and then eventually ran away from the Grand Line. We see in Brook's story though that their captain came down with something. Rewatch the corresponding episodes (episodes relating to the Twin Capes and then Brook's story. So are we to believe that Crocus, who was a member of the Roger pirates, was wrong about this or that he's lying?

Not everything adds up in that, which leads me to believe that this particular thing wasn't "planned" from the beginning, but it fit in really nicely anyway. I'm just saying.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 10-11-2009, 11:12 PM
How would he know? He may be a member of the Roger pirates, but he's not psychic.

Brook's captain and the rest of the sick crew set out over the calm belt and were never seen again. Unless people knew they'd fallen ill, most people would think they just ran from the Grand Line.

Assertn
Mon, 10-12-2009, 01:24 AM
I'm not too sure about Laboon though. More than likely he didn't have the Laboon thing in his head and improv'd it into the story. When they met Crocus at the Twin Capes, Crocus said that the crew that left Laboon there and then eventually ran away from the Grand Line. We see in Brook's story though that their captain came down with something. Rewatch the corresponding episodes (episodes relating to the Twin Capes and then Brook's story. So are we to believe that Crocus, who was a member of the Roger pirates, was wrong about this or that he's lying?

Not everything adds up in that, which leads me to believe that this particular thing wasn't "planned" from the beginning, but it fit in really nicely anyway. I'm just saying.

No, Crocus said he heard rumors of the crew leaving the grand line... and half of the crew DID leave the grand line (the Captain and the other infected crewmates). His guess was as good as anybody else's.

Conversely, the reverse mountain mini-arc described the crew as one full of musicians, that threw parties for several days with the whale while they were at the mountain. Since Oda was hinting at a musician since before even Nami joined, I think he might have had this part planned.

Geddoe1
Mon, 10-12-2009, 04:58 AM
I wonder what involvement buggy will have on next episode. Was surprised they showed him :P But look forward to see what smoker been doing too.

Raven
Mon, 10-12-2009, 05:14 AM
I think Hancock has more chance of joining than Perona - they've made a big deal about her getting jealous of Nami and Robin, a little too big a deal in my opinion. That, and we've seen her tragic childhood so it's virtually a certainty.

Archangel
Mon, 10-12-2009, 05:19 AM
Also, i think Perona is cuter than Boa

I've also made a thread about possible new members for the crew so we can move the discussion there

Raven
Mon, 10-12-2009, 05:54 AM
Well thanks for ruining the speculation for me.

RyougaZell
Mon, 10-12-2009, 09:37 AM
I vote Perona.

If not... since Margarte has no more chance, since she staid behind, I would think Caimie. Not really into having Boa there. Besides... she can't abandon her Kingdom. Its her position as Shichibukai that keeps it safe.

Raven
Mon, 10-12-2009, 02:25 PM
@below - You'd have preferred to keep believing in something that wasn't true?
Er... with this question it seems like you may have missed the entire point about the concept of "spoiling" :confused:

Archangel
Mon, 10-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Er... with this question it seems like you may have missed the entire point about the concept of "spoiling" :confused:

Lets be open minded about this; i didn't tell you what was going to happen, i just told what didn't happen

It would be one hell of a stretch to call that spoiling right? I merely moved the discussion into a more appropriate direction

That said I'll still edit the post, don't want to catch assassin in one of his off days

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Lets be open minded about this; i didn't tell you what was going to happen, i just told what didn't happen

It would be one hell of a stretch to call that spoiling right? I merely moved the discussion into a more appropriate directionIt's a very slippery slope.

You could have a conversation where someone goes, "I don't know how Luffy is going to beat this guy." and someone else goes, "He doesn't."

He's not telling him what happens, he tells him what doesn't happen.

Kraco
Mon, 10-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Raven seems to have forgotten he's a mod himself...

Anyway, I'm still not sure what this escapade will offer Zoro, aside from mummy looks. I consider Perona quite unlikely to become a Straw hat crew member so I doubt that could be the result. A new sword wouldn't be bad, but wouldn't that mean he would lose one of his existing ones? He can't very well lose the memento sword so it would need to be the cursed one. Maybe that could as well go. The curse issue was hardly exploited ever since anyway.

A new skill seems more likely than a new sword, all things considered. But you never know with Oda.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Who's there to teach him a new technique?

Maybe he'll get a powerup for one of his swords.

He has a cursed sword. He's in a cursed land. Maybe he'll make his swords curse more powerful!

Assertn
Mon, 10-12-2009, 04:26 PM
It's a very slippery slope.

You could have a conversation where someone goes, "I don't know how Luffy is going to beat this guy." and someone else goes, "He doesn't."

He's not telling him what happens, he tells him what doesn't happen.
Normally that's true, but considering how close the anime is to the manga, most of this is speculation from both sides.

Archangel
Mon, 10-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Who's there to teach him a new technique?

Maybe he'll get a powerup for one of his swords.

He has a cursed sword. He's in a cursed land. Maybe he'll make his swords curse more powerful!

The curse has a power level? Is it over 9000?

I still think it will have something to do with that Asura transformation of his, he'll probably find out he has dark haki or something and will be given some new attacks on that form. Basically, that form will become his gear 2

Assertn
Mon, 10-12-2009, 07:22 PM
dark asura? did I miss something?

Archangel
Mon, 10-12-2009, 07:28 PM
This thing

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/1271/asura.th.jpg (http://img527.imageshack.us/i/asura.jpg/)

I said dark because it just feels like there's something inherently evil about it

Assertn
Mon, 10-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Haha maybe.....
Zoro always comes up with cool techniques that he only uses like, once.
The exception of course being his projectile slash attack.

He seriously just needs a kairoseki sword.

Archangel
Mon, 10-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Why? With Haki in play kairoseki is a thing of the past

Assertn
Mon, 10-12-2009, 08:11 PM
I sure hope everyone doesn't learn haki. That would be so broke.

Carnage
Mon, 10-12-2009, 08:13 PM
I actually think there was one possible example of when Zoro could have used Haki in the past...not saying that everyone has it but he may be one of the few eligible...

Sentenal
Mon, 10-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Kairoseki is supposed to be like unbreakable or something, so it would be perfect for a sword.

Archangel
Tue, 10-13-2009, 05:39 AM
I sure hope everyone doesn't learn haki. That would be so broke.

Luffy and Zoro ( maybe Sanji too ) isn't everyone.

Asura itself is probably already a manifestation of some sort of haki, and Diamble Jamble is pending confirmation too

Kraco
Tue, 10-13-2009, 05:55 AM
If Perona keeps pestering Zoro enough and he learns to cut the negative ghosts, he will have already learned the basic haki, probably. I doubt you can cut those immaterial ghosts otherwise.

Assertn
Tue, 10-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Luffy and Zoro ( maybe Sanji too ) isn't everyone.

Asura itself is probably already a manifestation of some sort of haki, and Diamble Jamble is pending confirmation too

So really, you're hoping for more of a DBZ scenario, where a select few protagonists continuously advance, making everyone else utterly worthless.

Archangel
Tue, 10-13-2009, 11:19 AM
So really, you're hoping for more of a DBZ scenario, where a select few protagonists continuously advance, making everyone else utterly worthless.

No, but i do expect those 3 to continue to be the most powerful fighters in the crew

The rest of the straw hats may also develop haki abilities eventually, but only further down the line ( no pun intended )

UChessmaster
Tue, 10-13-2009, 11:34 AM
I guess i`m the only one that wants everyone to be roughly equally in strenght : (

Dark Dragon
Tue, 10-13-2009, 12:36 PM
It'll be interesting to see other means of fighting Logia other than Haki.

I want to see Usopp develop some sort of device that will help him fight strong devil fruit users. As for Zoan, i'm hoping Chopper develop some sort of "complete" form that's a cross between his monster point and big form.

I think we're also too quick to assume that everything is Haki related. It's possible that Rayleigh is just a badass swordsman and used some special technique when he cut Kizaru. Zoro wants to be able to cut everything, wouldn't the ultimate cutting technique allow him to cut even immaterial matters?

Kraco
Tue, 10-13-2009, 03:43 PM
wouldn't the ultimate cutting technique allow him to cut even immaterial matters?

Anybody can cut immaterial matter. It offers no resistance, after all, though cutting it also produces no effect. So, in fact you must be able to do something else than simply cut, and that's where haki comes into play. Luffy was wondering how punches can affect his rubber body. No doubt haki charged sword swing would also affect a logia body identically. Kind of like affecting the very soul, not just the body.

chambers
Tue, 10-13-2009, 05:30 PM
well all this is ofc going back to our assumption that it WAS haki that allowed silvers to cut kizaru....
I hardly see given the name of the word how zoros and sanjis techniques could be considered "haki". The way i would see it is the ambition of certain people is so great is manifests itself physically, making somthing harder, stronger, faster ect by sheer force of a physical will. We have seen a "glare" type haki from shanks. Also from shanks we have seen a preassure attack on whitebeards crew that made several rookies pass out... Both could be considered effects of pressure on somthing (mental pressure and physical pressure). In the case of silvers the pressure he exerts would be exactley that, a physical pressure that stops the "light" of the logia letting things pass through, in essence the pressure would hold it in place enough so that it could be struck. And this would seem to be confirmed when liffys body is subject to pain from physical attacks like garp and the snake sisters (the same effect of keeping it his body still and denying movment would hurt him).

We have not seen any kind of abilities that have been coloured with the "haki" brush like people are doing to asura and diablo jambe.

I think it could be any of these people who might join the crew, it would be nice of boa joined because they would truley have a strong femal in the ranks then comparable to luffy even. But i never thought that any of the people shown so far would join... im still gettin used to brook atm so i think it might be a little too early to think we might get another member...... but on the other hand how will perona react when seeing choppy-woppy?

Dark Dragon
Tue, 10-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Anybody can cut immaterial matter. It offers no resistance, after all, though cutting it also produces no effect. So, in fact you must be able to do something else than simply cut, and that's where haki comes into play. Luffy was wondering how punches can affect his rubber body. No doubt haki charged sword swing would also affect a logia body identically. Kind of like affecting the very soul, not just the body.

"Cut" was a poor choice of word on my part. But i was suggesting that maybe there's an alternative other than Haki and seastones that will allow people to harm Logia users.

Marik
Wed, 10-14-2009, 02:32 PM
[yibis]​ One​ Piece​ 421​ [720p] [547E9F4F].mkv (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=28866)

[UTSF] One Piece 421 [HD][720p][4BE4F331].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=91543)