PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 467

Marik
Thu, 10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
\o/

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3zxzyymdjm1) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DNCXZRU1) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/zoqiao)

DB_Hunter
Thu, 10-08-2009, 03:27 PM
You gotta rate any guy who can declare world war just by himself.

Actually, did Madara say that everyone was going to be zombies or just that using a genjutsu he would manage all conflicts? If it's the latter that doesn't sound all that evil... a bit selfish yes but not really evil.

unandpw
Thu, 10-08-2009, 03:31 PM
One way or another we're going to see his plan somewhat fulfilled. I mean, why even mention it if it's not going to happen? I'd personally like to see it, but then Naruto would have to pull out some major hax.

Nine always seemed like an odd number to me...

Intense stuff.

rockmanj
Thu, 10-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Excellent chapter; I LOL'd at "He will taste my 'Iron Claw'"! Madara has some real balls on him, but he has a lot of the bijuu, so I guess he can back it up. Hmm...it looks like Killerbee might become a much more prominent character in Naruto, with the bit of foreshadowing about how he is a perfect host and adept ninja. I can definitely see him becoming Naruto's next mentor ( I mean, who else could it be? They are the last two hosts left.). And something tells me that in the next few months, we are gonna see a lot of deaths.

Barumonk
Thu, 10-08-2009, 04:15 PM
And something tells me that in the next few months, we are gonna see a lot of deaths.

.. and then you remember that you're reading Naruto.

rockmanj
Thu, 10-08-2009, 04:22 PM
.. and then you remember that you're reading Naruto.

I think its nearing the end, and we have indeed seen impactful deaths (most of Akatsuki, the 3rd, Asuma, Haku and Zabuza, etc.). In fact, what the hell are you talking about?

Barumonk
Thu, 10-08-2009, 04:38 PM
I think its nearing the end, and we have indeed seen impactful deaths (most of Akatsuki, the 3rd, Asuma, Haku and Zabuza, etc.). In fact, what the hell are you talking about?

Right back at you, buddy. Most of Akatsuki wasn't 'impactful' at all. They were introduced and then killed off right as you got to know them, and almost none of the characters in the story itself were affected either. Haku and Zabuza were fleshed out better simply because the series was new and they gave so much more information about the world than newer characters. It was sad to see them go, however their deaths also had little impact on the world. So really we have three major impact deaths: The 3rd, Jiraiya, and Itachi - and then Asuma, who was somewhere inbetween Haku/Zabuza and the 3rd.

467 chapters and that is it, as compared to other manga where if they had this many chapters I'm sure there would be a population crisis at this point.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 10-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Probably talking about all the characters that are both young and considered good guys, who seem immune to death: Chouji, Neiji, Kiba, Gaara. Everyone that dies in this manga for the most part has been an easy pill to swallow. Except Jiraiya, now that was sad, but he's still old.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 10-08-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm out of words.

Juubi? the moon is a giant hypno device? Sharingan is really the secret of all the universe?

what else can I say? that's kishimonto, and that's how Naruto's gonna be, chasing after Sasuke forever, only to have him receive more and more ridiculous powerups.

Keno
Thu, 10-08-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm actually curious. Who is going to be fighting on Madara's side on this "4th Great Ninja War"? It can't be Him, Sasuke and whats left of Akatsuki vs the 5 villages. That would be ridiculous. Maybe Kisame will play a role soon? Bringin some sort of army of ninjas from somewhere? Really can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Still convenient that Danzo wasn't in this meeting. I just hope this "war" turns out to be pretty epic and not just "trickery" by Madara.

mage
Thu, 10-08-2009, 07:38 PM
What the fuck is this shit? I can't believe this is actually a real chapter.

I'm actually curious. Who is going to be fighting on Madara's side on this "4th Great Ninja War"? I

He probably has some way to harness the bijuus' powers.

poopdeville
Thu, 10-08-2009, 08:57 PM
He probably has some way to harness the bijuus' powers.

That's what Sasuke is for.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 10-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Yeah...this is just completely fucking gay. At this point, it's not that I have a problem with kishi's love affair with sasuke/sharingan. It really, truly is, just bad material. Terrible.

FireEmblem
Thu, 10-08-2009, 10:12 PM
The Tsuchikage is still floating. That float is pretty intense.

Rikudo
Thu, 10-08-2009, 10:42 PM
So the 4th Hokage's intent to seal the Yang side of the kyuubi is for Naruto to someday learn how to control the kyuubi's chakra and somehow merge himself with the rest of the bijuus using "that jutsu." But if Naruto needs a sharingan to pull the juubi's body from the moon, either Kakashi or Sasuke will have to give an eye to Naruto. Which one will it be?

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Ugh. Hate Madara's plan.
None of the supposed Akatsuki plans seem really interesting.

Naruto is becoming an emo now. Trying to emulate Sasuke?

ANBU Daniel
Fri, 10-09-2009, 12:22 AM
The Tsuchikage is still floating. That float is pretty intense.

Haha, I noticed that as well. As for the chapter, I thought it was better than some of the previous ones. Now there is no secret about Madara is trying to plan and wondering what the Moons Eye plan is. I was waiting for this chapter to come out. I'm pleased with it. I just don't want the next chapter to be full of Sakura and Naruto talking because that would just piss me off.

Naruto_RNG
Fri, 10-09-2009, 12:36 AM
LOL....... I dont know what other evidence do ppl need that would make them believe this manga is now officially about uchihas and sasuke after this chapter. The original biju Ten-tails with sharingan eye. Come on ppl thats just too lame.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-09-2009, 12:52 AM
why would he need to copy jutsus? his a magical monster with no human form.
and worse, there's nobody to copy from, since ninja wasn't invented yet.

RasenDori
Fri, 10-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Ha. Madara and his 7 seven person strong terrorist organization declare war on 5 nations. That's ballzy.

toonice714
Fri, 10-09-2009, 01:10 AM
......Space.......the final frontier!!

Raven
Fri, 10-09-2009, 01:36 AM
Moon Madara is watching you masterbate...

So is it just a coincidence that the Juubi's body is the moon, and now he wants to use the moon to project this permanent jutsu? I'm thinking a coincidence.

What will happen next, will it be Madara vs 5 kages, or will he escape like he always does after a long speech? I'm thinking the latter.

kaigan
Fri, 10-09-2009, 01:37 AM
bahahahaha.... wow shit just being thrown everywhere in this chapter. I laughed through out this chapter as i was reading it and at the end, i was like... WTF?

Assertn
Fri, 10-09-2009, 01:57 AM
It would appear Madara isn't really capable of doing much other than dodge attacks for some reason. That would at least explain why he would just finish a conversation with Naruto and then demand to the kages miles away to hand him Naruto.

Cal_kashi
Fri, 10-09-2009, 02:01 AM
The dude is older than dirt, it's got to be expected.
I liked this chapter. I'm excited about this war.
But I swear to god there better not be another dues ex machina.

Rikudo
Fri, 10-09-2009, 02:04 AM
It would appear Madara isn't really capable of doing much other than dodge attacks for some reason. That would at least explain why he would just finish a conversation with Naruto and then demand to the kages miles away to hand him Naruto.

Didn't Madara/Tobi one-hit KO the loose 3-tails and was bragging about it to Deidera?

LaZie
Fri, 10-09-2009, 02:40 AM
Didn't Madara/Tobi one-hit KO the loose 3-tails and was bragging about it to Deidera?
That was filler. Therefore any actions made have no continuity :)

shinta|hikari
Fri, 10-09-2009, 02:50 AM
Why is it that practically every single villain of recent wants peace/happiness for the world using some sort of unification method (that always infringes on the will of those involved just to make it "evil")? Can't there be villains without strange "good" motives and just be greedy? Greed for power is perfectly human, so it also counts as humanization just as much as revenge or love in terms of motivation.

Pandadice
Fri, 10-09-2009, 03:48 AM
whoa, that was a straight diabolical evil genius plan right there. lol, this chapter was crazy. i loved the raikages reaction to his brother not actually being captured.. that was good

wait, the dude threw the jubi into space and it's the moon? a human ninja created the moon? the moon is the corpse of some giant monster? O_O <.<

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 10-09-2009, 07:18 AM
It's kind of ridiculous for a guy to fight a war by himself, so maybe madara is planning to manipulate the kages to fight each other. He has 7 of the 9 beasts, so I'm thinking he'll cast a weaker 'hypno' jutsu on the kages to control them, probably why he wanted to hear their answer first. but I can't believe this is madara's real plan lol it just sounds so far fetched

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 10-09-2009, 07:48 AM
Why is it that practically every single villain of recent wants peace/happiness for the world using some sort of unification method (that always infringes on the will of those involved just to make it "evil")? Can't there be villains without strange "good" motives and just be greedy? Greed for power is perfectly human, so it also counts as humanization just as much as revenge or love in terms of motivation.

As much as the bad guy with mildly good intentions has been played out lately... the crazy/evil/greedy head honcho villain is wayyyyyyyyyy cliche and Im glad Madara actually has a legitimate reason behind all this. You really cant have a series this long and let the main antagonist be just another token bad guy like most of his crew.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 10-09-2009, 08:42 AM
That is the point. With a series this long, one would think that the main antagonist will be all deep and nice. It would actually be a nice change to have someone with a very simple but grand goal. It doesn't take really complex characters to endear viewers. Being really bad ass is often more than enough (ie. Raikage).

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 10-09-2009, 09:34 AM
what would actually be grand and simple enough to match the hype of the end to this series? all I can think of is...

A. take over the world
B. blow up the world

His goal is still door number A. But he actually has sensible reasoning for it. I like the idea, combining the two. Good agenda mixed with evil ideals. Better than Pain's retarded ass plan, door number B to get to peace.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 10-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Madara is already doing A, only he is being all hypocritical about it. I don't really mind door A, but saying it is for peace is just stupidly cliche (especially because of recent similar stories).

I actually liked Paine's idea more. While it was nuts, it was a tad more original than mind control (unless you include the fact that he will reflect his eye on the moon to hypnotize people, wait, wut?)

poopdeville
Fri, 10-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Why is it that practically every single villain of recent wants peace/happiness for the world using some sort of unification method (that always infringes on the will of those involved just to make it "evil")?

Pein and Madara were working together, toward a common goal. Madara needed Pein in order to read the secret Uchiha text. The weapon that Pein was talking about was the Jyuubi.

There's hardly anything new in this chapter, except that Madara wants to use his eyes as projectors and the moon as a mirror.

Archangel
Fri, 10-09-2009, 10:43 AM

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp90/maryrose132/Kakuzu_and_Hidan_Lollypop__s_by_Ita.png

That's why we loved these guys, remember?

Well yeah he said so himself.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 10-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Sorry, but I don't really get it. Who are the guys in the pic?

Archangel
Fri, 10-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Dude...

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/8126/hidanandkakuzu6.th.jpg (http://img73.imageshack.us/i/hidanandkakuzu6.jpg/)

Assertn
Fri, 10-09-2009, 11:12 AM
wait, the dude threw the jubi into space and it's the moon? a human ninja created the moon? the moon is the corpse of some giant monster? O_O <.<
This was already suggested when Pain was fighting Naruto. Remember the giant ball of earth he created to seal Kyubi Naruto inside?

Archangel
Fri, 10-09-2009, 11:19 AM
This was already suggested when Pain was fighting Naruto. Remember the giant ball of earth he created to seal Kyubi Naruto inside?

Not as much suggested as stated it out loud

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-439/page008.html

Prof. Chaos
Fri, 10-09-2009, 12:03 PM
I had a huge problem with Madara transporting Sasuke and Karin like that. Why hasn't he just used that to transport Naruto? I mean at least he could have done a full transport himself away and then come back in like 2 panels instead of that vortex shit.

Also this makes Hashirama that much more of a bad ass to have Madara like that.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 10-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Well if you look the Jyuubi's eye seems like a combo of both the Sharingan AND Rinnegan. So unless the Jyuubi itself has the eye, it would seem it 'borrowed' it from the Sage of the Six Paths who had the ultimate eye... since Madara only seems to the the Sharingan, where is he going to get the Rinnegan part from?

Pandadice
Fri, 10-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Not as much suggested as stated it out loud

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-439/page008.html

huh, i guess i didn't really see that as being literal or factual when i read it. but i guess i should have taken that more seriously :\

XanBcoo
Fri, 10-09-2009, 03:15 PM
I suddenly realize I'm reading a children's cartoon. I...I just...

I mean, what???

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 10-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Can anybody say Sharingan instrumentality project?

poopdeville
Fri, 10-09-2009, 03:23 PM
It was interesting that Madara mentioned the Jinchuuriki seals have been passed down, presumably by the Senju. Maybe that's why the seal looked like a weird eye ball when Naruto tried to unseal it.

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-439/page011.html

bagandscalpel
Fri, 10-09-2009, 04:00 PM
This chapter just proved that the poor Hyuga clan got thrown down a ravine and left to rot.

Sharingan an offshoot of the Byakugan? Not anymore, apparently. Seems the family was completely left out of the Rikudo Sage's legacy, too.

Archangel
Fri, 10-09-2009, 04:06 PM
This chapter just proved that the poor Hyuga clan got thrown down a ravine and left to rot.

Sharingan an offshoot of the Byakugan? Not anymore, apparently. Seems the family was completely left out of the Rikudo Sage's legacy, too.

Haha i know right?

There are 3 major doujutsus! Rinnegan, Sharingan and M Sharingan!

Hyuga clan: Waaahh!

Naruto_RNG
Fri, 10-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Well if you look the Jyuubi's eye seems like a combo of both the Sharingan AND Rinnegan. So unless the Jyuubi itself has the eye, it would seem it 'borrowed' it from the Sage of the Six Paths who had the ultimate eye... since Madara only seems to the the Sharingan, where is he going to get the Rinnegan part from?

Its not sharingan and rinnegan combined actually. That line your seeing is on sharingan as well.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/220/05/

Look at itachi's eyes.

Splash!
Fri, 10-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Itachi's sharingan has only one circle. The Jyuubi's eye has multiple concentric ones. It looks exactly like a combination of both the sharingan and rinnegan.

Assertn
Fri, 10-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Its kinda bullshit that all the sealing techniques came from the same guy. Gaara's seal is clearly different than Naruto's.

UChessmaster
Fri, 10-09-2009, 07:22 PM
It`s a variation that changed as time went by? What`s so BS about it?

Archangel
Fri, 10-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Wait... weren't the byakugan and the sharingan supposedly related somehow? Like how one originated from the other?

I remember something like that being mentioned in the Neji vs Hinata fight in the exams

joker-kun
Fri, 10-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Itachi's sharingan has only one circle. The Jyuubi's eye has multiple concentric ones. It looks exactly like a combination of both the sharingan and rinnegan.

I kind of got the same drift. To be honest I am thinking the sharingan was made from the Sage taking in the Jubi. Like passed on to one of his kids. Maybe one got sharingan and one got rinengan? But because the sharingan was more evil it became more powerful over time... kind of like star wars, lol.

I don't know. Just a theory.

XanBcoo
Fri, 10-09-2009, 08:14 PM
So, like, did Narutoland not have a moon before the Sage guy put it up there? Why does Madara keep coming up with stranger and stranger revelations which absolutely no one besides him has any knowledge of?

If the 10 tailed beast had the Rinnegan/Sharingan combination, how the hell was the Sharingan a mutation of the Rinnegan in the first place?

I mean, the fucking moon. Of all things.

Assertn
Fri, 10-09-2009, 08:15 PM
It`s a variation that changed as time went by? What`s so BS about it?

Lol... a variation in which one seal kills the jinchurriki's mom and leaves the kid with a weak seal that allows the demon to drive him insane, while the other seal summons a death god which devours the souls of its target and summoner?

I can see how time could be a factor in that.

FireEmblem
Fri, 10-09-2009, 09:07 PM
I would probably say that geography and the ideals of the people performing the jutsu probably had more bearing on how they turned out than time itself.

I'm also guessing that maybe Hashirama was the person that was solely holding onto the sealing methods and he taught people different ways to do it when he distributed the Bijuu's. Maybe people just came up with different ways to do it to try to squeeze out more power from the union of Bijuu+Host. Who knows. Damn Kishi...

animus
Fri, 10-09-2009, 09:09 PM
What the fuck? Kishimoto completely fucked up his plot. Just the Sharingan, Rinnegan, and Mangekyou Sharingan to read?

He completely disregarded the Byakugan. Whatever, fuck Kishimoto.

Sidnne
Fri, 10-09-2009, 10:28 PM
It was interesting that Madara mentioned the Jinchuuriki seals have been passed down, presumably by the Senju. Maybe that's why the seal looked like a weird eye ball when Naruto tried to unseal it.

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-439/page011.html

That seal looks like a weird eyeball because it is an eyeball and not a seal at all. That's the kyuubi looking out at Naruto from behind the bars.

The seal is the piece of paper that he begins to tear off at the bottom of this page:
http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-439/page014.html

edit: p.s. that is still one of the most badass chapters of the entire series.

UChessmaster
Fri, 10-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Lol... a variation in which one seal kills the jinchurriki's mom and leaves the kid with a weak seal that allows the demon to drive him insane, while the other seal summons a death god which devours the souls of its target and summoner?

Tengo un gato en mi ropa interior
Theres a cat in my underwear

Those sentences don`t look alike yet they are saying the exact same thing, they`re variation because they both come from latin, but as time went by different countries changed it their own way, i can totally see all countries inheriting the sealing technique and MAKE it their own just like languages as time went by, even clothes can look very different from country to country, but they serve the same purpose yes?

Assertn
Fri, 10-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Tengo un gato en mi ropa interior
Theres a cat in my underwear

Those sentences don`t look alike yet they are saying the exact same thing, they`re variation because they both come from latin, but as time went by different countries changed it their own way, i can totally see all countries inheriting the sealing technique and MAKE it their own just like languages as time went by, even clothes can look very different from country to country, but they serve the same purpose yes?
That's like saying that chidori and rasengan are the same because they're both chakra-based melee attacks.

UChessmaster
Fri, 10-09-2009, 11:47 PM
But Chidori IS a variation fo Rasengan, didn`t Kakashi said that?

XanBcoo
Sat, 10-10-2009, 12:04 AM
He might have said that it's a variation in the idea of Chakra manipulation, but he created the technique himself before he even knew what Rasengan was.

The seals are completely different. To say they've changed over time is a huge stretch. It's pretty obvious by this point that Kishimoto is retconning basically everything he's ever written to make room for his Sharingan Moon twist.

UChessmaster
Sat, 10-10-2009, 12:15 AM
He might have said that it's a variation in the idea of Chakra manipulation, but he created the technique himself before he even knew what Rasengan was.

The seals are completely different. To say they've changed over time is a huge stretch. It's pretty obvious by this point that Kishimoto is retconning basically everything he's ever written to make room for his Sharingan Moon twist.

Alright then, but his example is rather... unfitting. It`s a variation because some steps from the original got changed, but in the end the result is the same, i really don`t see what`s so unbeleivable here.

As for the why it`s so different, we don`t know how much time has been since the sage sealed the 10 tails right? who`s to say is not enough time?

Dark Dragon
Sat, 10-10-2009, 01:10 AM

Well the fourth did die after performing the sealing technique. The exact circumstances behind his death is still unknown so we can only assume that it's likely to be from using the jutsu.

The sealing techniques shown so far seem to involve the death of the user.

It's a stretch but Gaara weak seal might be due to his mom not performing the technique too well.

I agree that a lot of the revelations are bullshit, but at this point i'd rather just try to make them sound plausible than give up on the manga altogether.

animus
Sat, 10-10-2009, 01:24 AM

Actually the sole reason Kakashi even created Chidori was because he saw his master (Yondaime) use Rasengan, and sought to be like him and try to use it. The outcome was Chidori.

XanBcoo
Sat, 10-10-2009, 03:03 AM
Actually the sole reason Kakashi even created Chidori was because he saw his master (Yondaime) use Rasengan, and sought to be like him and try to use it. The outcome was Chidori.
I vaguely remember that. Do you remember where it happened?

I checked the Kakashi Gaiden, but didn't bother looking any further because fuck this manga.

In any case, that doesn't make it a variation of the Rasengan. By that logic, every jutsu ever is just a "variation" of some other jutsu because they share hand seals and elemental manipulation. It's an issue of semantics, but they are completely different (but similar) jutsu.

Assertn
Sat, 10-10-2009, 03:14 AM
Kakashi having to develop a completely different jutsu to achieve a similar purpose only supports my overall argument, anyway.

If there's no death god involved in Gaara's seal, then saying the two are derivatives of the same original seal is completely ridiculous.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 10-10-2009, 06:33 AM
As far as the Kakashi creation of chidori and the fourth Rasengan, I think it was the other way around. Kakashi created the chidori, and the fourth saw it's weaknesses, in that it required high speed to achieve the necessary power to pierce and since it was such a linear and rapid attack, if dodge, countering the attack would be nigh impossible (nevermind that we've seen the chidori be used upclose and personally without the speed buildup...). The rasengan was created, if I remember correctly, to correct those weaknesses (which have been forgotten by the manga writer) that the chidori had. The rasengan doesn't require the high speed for its effectiveness.

As far as unfitting examples go...while spanish may be a romantic language (as in, derived from latin) english on the other hand is a germanic language. They're etymologically distinct...

animus
Sat, 10-10-2009, 08:43 AM
I vaguely remember that. Do you remember where it happened?

I checked the Kakashi Gaiden, but didn't bother looking any further because fuck this manga.

In any case, that doesn't make it a variation of the Rasengan. By that logic, every jutsu ever is just a "variation" of some other jutsu because they share hand seals and elemental manipulation. It's an issue of semantics, but they are completely different (but similar) jutsu.

Actually I remembered it slightly wrong a little upon looking it up a bit. Kakashi can make a Rasengan, but was unable to add an "element" to it in conjunction, and the outcome was just Nature Manipulation in the form of Chidori.

poopdeville
Sat, 10-10-2009, 09:44 AM
As far as unfitting examples go...while spanish may be a romantic language (as in, derived from latin) english on the other hand is a germanic language. They're etymologically distinct...

They are "distinct", and yet share a common root in the Indus Valley. They are both "Indo-European" languages, like the majority of European languages, which means that they are etymologically derived from PIE -- the Proto-Indo-European languages.

Check out the migrations of PIE and IE speakers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:IE3500BP.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:IE2500BP.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:IE1500BP.png

Basically, they're on the same family tree, based on the family tree of human migration from India into Europe via the Middle East. Indeed, everybody that isn't pure African is descended from an Indian.

XanBcoo
Sat, 10-10-2009, 09:55 AM
It's actually because of Middle English borrowing heavily from French that English shares a lot of qualities with Romance languages.

Anyway, let's not derail. I didn't spend 4 years studying Linguistics just to have someone link to a Wikipedia page.

I want to know where Danzo went. Maybe he buggered off to the moon as well.

Archangel
Sat, 10-10-2009, 11:02 AM
I want to know where Danzo went. Maybe he buggered off to the moon as well.

Or maybe he just declared war on the ninja world...? :rolleyes:

Rikudo
Sat, 10-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Or maybe he just declared war on the ninja world...? :rolleyes:

Or maybe stop at a burger drive-thru to grab a whopper.

samsonlonghair
Sat, 10-10-2009, 01:57 PM
This chapter is a total mindfuck. It just seems like Kishimoto is making stuff up to screw with everyone.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 10-10-2009, 08:01 PM
I had a huge problem with Madara transporting Sasuke and Karin like that. Why hasn't he just used that to transport Naruto? I mean at least he could have done a full transport himself away and then come back in like 2 panels instead of that vortex shit.

Also this makes Hashirama that much more of a bad ass to have Madara like that.

And then what would he do up against the nine tails after he transports him to anywhere?

Clearly Madara did all this to get sasuke ready to go up against naruto. Which is basically what he said.

Naruto_RNG
Sat, 10-10-2009, 08:01 PM

Didnt u c there were another 2 set of 3 tomos on the eye as well beside that one? all the tomos are connected by a circular line in a sharingan, its not a combination. RS already had rinnegan before he sealed ten-tails. Proof of this is again comes back to the pic of itachi's eyes. Unless u want to believe that itachi had rinnegan as well.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 10-11-2009, 07:17 AM
I reckon the Sharingan and Rinnegan both split the power of the original Juubi eye. The Uchiha's got the power of the tomoes hence which resulted in the Sharingan, hence only one cocentric circle whilst the Nagato's clan got the power of all the circles but not the tomoes, so that resulted in the Rinnegan. And maybe Byakugan was the power of just the 'white' of the eye, though I agree the Byakugan has been screwed.

So my theory is that all three different eye techniques are supposed to fuse as well to yield the 'ultimate' eye.

Archangel
Sun, 10-11-2009, 07:20 AM
I reckon the Sharingan and Rinnegan both split the power of the original Juubi eye. The Uchiha's got the power of the tomoes hence which resulted in the Sharingan, hence only one cocentric circle whilst the Nagato's clan got the power of all the circles but not the tomoes, so that resulted in the Rinnegan. And maybe Byakugan was the power of just the 'white' of the eye, though I agree the Byakugan has been screwed.

So my theory is that all three different eye techniques are supposed to fuse as well to yield the 'ultimate' eye.

Only that, according to legend, the Sharingan came from the Rinnegan remember?

DB_Hunter
Sun, 10-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Yeah according to legend it also came from the Byakugan, so really the only way it can technically come from both (though I don't rememebr it coming from the Rinnegan) is if they all came from the same source, and the person relaying the 'Sharingan' story didn't understand the history properly.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 10-11-2009, 07:53 AM
then that makes byakugan an imperfect form of the sharingan. a less evolved bloodline.

they seem similar enough to me in the sense of being able to see chakra.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 10-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Not necessarily. Not all the eye techniques have to be equal, just like the bijuu. Kyuubi is the strongest, yet they have all come from one fused being. So the Byakugan could be more advanced than the Sharingan but less advanced than the Rinnegan.

Though the whole MS and EMS thing plays havoc with this theory. Maybe there is an evolved form of the Byakugan as well?

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 10-11-2009, 11:27 AM
I think that Madara is a ghost of some sort. That is why he can move around and not get hurt and junk. He just focuses to use his "body" and sharingan to move and attack things.

Logrus
Sun, 10-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Hope it turns out only a person with the Body of the sage ( the senju) can hold the Jubi and madara explodes and relesing it that would be a good twist and the end of his overpowered rule.

Hopefully they will seal it in naruto then dump him in the moon for all eternity

Naruto_RNG
Sun, 10-11-2009, 02:55 PM

No dis to your theory but if uchihas got the power of tomos then I believe instead of one set of tomos there should be 3 just like how rinnegan has more then one circular line, and they should not be connected at all since you're referring to that circular line the tomos are on as rinnegan correct? I think kishi totally forgot about byakugan and where it fits in all this messed up uchiha story lol

DB_Hunter
Sun, 10-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Well I'm saying the each circular line has a power, and if the Sharingan had 3 circular lines the Rinnegan would be redundant. So the Sharingan got one line to hold the 3 tomoe's, and the Rinnegan got no tomoe's but all 3 lines. Naturally you put them together/fuse them you got something greater than what each can do, i.e 3 lines plus 9 tomoes.

Archangel
Sun, 10-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Well I'm saying the each circular line has a power, and if the Sharingan had 3 circular lines the Rinnegan would be redundant. So the Sharingan got one line to hold the 3 tomoe's, and the Rinnegan got no tomoe's but all 3 lines. Naturally you put them together/fuse them you got something greater than what each can do, i.e 3 lines plus 9 tomoes.

What came first? The chicken or the egg?

It's true what you say about the shape of the 10 tailed's eye, but wouldn't the sage already have the rinnegan when he captured it? And why would he only have the rinnegan if he had absorbed the beast? Shouldn't he have the same eye as it had should that be the case?

Naruto_RNG
Sun, 10-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Need clarification:

If you think that ten-tails beast eye is a combination of sharingan and rinnegan then I believe logically if u divide it up into two, you get 9 tomos and 3 circular lines correct?
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/467/17/
In that case uchihas got the 3 tomos as you have said and RS gets the circular lines (which I do not understand why he does not get both but thats not the issue here). Now as you have said above each line has a power, ok, uchihas can open up 3 tomos, wut about the other 6? surely byakugan and rinnegan cant have anything to do with it.

This theory also brings me to another question, rinnegan has more then 3 circular lines so where did the extras came from?
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/439/01/

samsonlonghair
Sun, 10-11-2009, 07:31 PM
I think the most significant thing that happened in this chapter is we see Rock Lee getting back into the story. When was the last time we saw him fight in the manga? Team Guy was away on a mission during Pein's invasion. We haven't really gotten a good Rock Lee fight since he fought Kimimaro. What kind of moves will Lee bust out soon?

XanBcoo
Sun, 10-11-2009, 07:53 PM
What came first? The chicken or the egg?

It's true what you say about the shape of the 10 tailed's eye, but wouldn't the sage already have the rinnegan when he captured it? And why would he only have the rinnegan if he had absorbed the beast? Shouldn't he have the same eye as it had should that be the case?
All I can do with this chapter is ask these kinds of questions.

FireEmblem
Sun, 10-11-2009, 08:47 PM
I think the most significant thing that happened in this chapter is we see Rock Lee getting back into the story. When was the last time we saw him fight in the manga? Team Guy was away on a mission during Pein's invasion. We haven't really gotten a good Rock Lee fight since he fought Kimimaro. What kind of moves will Lee bust out soon?

Oddly enough, I'm more interested in seeing Neji fight than Lee, but that isn't going to happen apparently.

Reasoning is that Neji is the most talented Hyuga, and will probably advance the bloodline farther than anyone in the series if we get to that point, so I would love to see some Byakugan hax. Like some major Byakugan hax. I want Neji to fire lasers from his eyes. Or to block ninjutsu with his eyes.

Tenbatsu
Sun, 10-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Need clarification:

If you think that ten-tails beast eye is a combination of sharingan and rinnegan then I believe logically if u divide it up into two, you get 9 tomos and 3 circular lines correct?
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/467/17/
In that case uchihas got the 3 tomos as you have said and RS gets the circular lines (which I do not understand why he does not get both but thats not the issue here). Now as you have said above each line has a power, ok, uchihas can open up 3 tomos, wut about the other 6? surely byakugan and rinnegan cant have anything to do with it.

This theory also brings me to another question, rinnegan has more then 3 circular lines so where did the extras came from?
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/439/01/

Meh, That's the moon haxx (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/467/17/). The actuall eye (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/467/14/) on the jubi had 4 lines. In this picture (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/467/13/) of the sage he has 2 lines in one eye and 3 in the other. It might be that the ultimate sharingan is when you have 9 tomos. Since you can awaken MS alone, that's 3 tomos. Then you take another MS to get EMS which makes it look like Madara has 6 tomos in the lower left corner of this page (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/386/08/). You might not be able to do that again but have to mix it with another EMS and that's what he's wating for with Sasuke so he can steal his eyes and get 9 tomos. Sent him into battle with the kages to show him how weak he is so he'd finally accept that he needs EMS.

bagandscalpel
Mon, 10-12-2009, 02:55 AM
My god, why is there such an indepth examination of this?

Isn't it clear enough that this is all tripe that Kishi spilled onto paper after too little sleep?

Although, the reverse is true too, if he affirms such convoluted nonsense.

Sidnne
Mon, 10-12-2009, 12:19 PM
I think that Madara is a ghost of some sort. That is why he can move around and not get hurt and junk. He just focuses to use his "body" and sharingan to move and attack things.

So you're saying he is like post-Transformers: The Movie Starscream after Galvatron "killed" him and he was just a ghost in search of a new body and possessing other transformers?

I suppose that could make sense... He keeps saying he is just a shell. So, the 1st Hashirama detroyed Madara's body, but his spirit survived. and then he found Obito's body and possessed him. Right?

Naruto_RNG
Mon, 10-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Meh, That's the moon haxx (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/467/17/). The actuall eye (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/467/14/) on the jubi had 4 lines. In this picture (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/467/13/) of the sage he has 2 lines in one eye and 3 in the other. It might be that the ultimate sharingan is when you have 9 tomos. Since you can awaken MS alone, that's 3 tomos. Then you take another MS to get EMS which makes it look like Madara has 6 tomos in the lower left corner of this page (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/386/08/). You might not be able to do that again but have to mix it with another EMS and that's what he's wating for with Sasuke so he can steal his eyes and get 9 tomos. Sent him into battle with the kages to show him how weak he is so he'd finally accept that he needs EMS.

I truly believe kishi just messed up this entire arc. Everything is just thrown at you without much cohesion.I hope there is no more ultimate hax eye/s(sharingan), cause its getting tiresome.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 10-12-2009, 03:13 PM
It just occured to me, why didn't Madara and his brother simply swap eyes? Surely he didn't grow an extra pair of eye sockets, so he would have had to get rid of his own eyes. Since both pairs of eyes were MS, hence both being affected by the 'darkness', a simple swap should have worked. Or am I missing something obvious?

XanBcoo
Mon, 10-12-2009, 03:45 PM
If Madara hadn't done that, then the world wouldn't have understood his hatred, clearly.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 10-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Also, it seems the only jutsu Sasuke seems to be using are the ones Itachi had... why doesn't Madara just take Itachi's eyes? Why the obsession with Sasuke's?

Logrus
Mon, 10-12-2009, 06:41 PM
It just occured to me, why didn't Madara and his brother simply swap eyes? Surely he didn't grow an extra pair of eye sockets, so he would have had to get rid of his own eyes. Since both pairs of eyes were MS, hence both being affected by the 'darkness', a simple swap should have worked. Or am I missing something obvious?
Yeah i was thinking the same but with itachi and sasuke :P

Just swap each others eyes and both go MS and go nuts

Archangel
Mon, 10-12-2009, 06:43 PM

Isn't it too late to try and make sense of naruto now?

samsonlonghair
Mon, 10-12-2009, 07:15 PM
I really like the color splash page at the beginning with Zabuza, Haku, Orochimaru, Kabuto, Kimimaro, Gaara, and a bunch of guys from Akatsuki all standing behind Jiraiya, Sai, Kakashi, Sakura, and Naruto. That's my new background.

Archangel
Mon, 10-12-2009, 07:44 PM
I really like the color splash page at the beginning with Zabuza, Haku, Orochimaru, Kabuto, Kimimaro, Gaara, and a bunch of guys from Akatsuki all standing behind Jiraiya, Sai, Kakashi, Sakura, and Naruto. That's my new background.

I know right? I got to clean it on Binktopia's version and it was awesome :D ( Yes it's a shameless plug, deal with it haters )

If you're using SF's version then we're no longer friends >_>

Edit: I still have the original here (http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/paulosergio96/467_03-04.jpg) but Tobi's hair isn't completely redrawn, i just chose to cover that with text

poopdeville
Mon, 10-12-2009, 09:21 PM

Madara and his brother skipped that day of ninja school.

XanBcoo
Mon, 10-12-2009, 09:39 PM
I know right? I got to clean it on Binktopia's version and it was awesome :D ( Yes it's a shameless plug, deal with it haters )

Edit: I still have the original here (http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/paulosergio96/467_03-04.jpg) but Tobi's hair isn't completely redrawn, i just chose to cover that with text
You work on Binktopia's releases? What do you do for them?

Kudos regardless. Their versions are always cleaner and translated a little more straightforwardly.

samsonlonghair
Tue, 10-13-2009, 12:01 PM

I don't even download Sleepy Fans version any more. I always wait for binktopia's release.

Archangel
Tue, 10-13-2009, 12:06 PM
I don't even download Sleepy Fans version any more. I always wait for binktopia's release.

:) :D :o

You work on Binktopia's releases? What do you do for them?

Kudos regardless. Their versions are always cleaner and translated a little more straightforwardly.

I used to do more but i only pitch in every now and then since school started

I usually helped with One Piece, Naruto, Psyren and was projext leader with Fairy Tail. Check the credits pages, you should find a couple of Archangels/Archies

kaigan
Wed, 10-14-2009, 04:57 PM
don't think about this chapter... if you like Naruto then, just bend over, take whatever Kishi gives you and enjoy it. plain and simple.