PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Blacksmith

Kraco
Sat, 10-03-2009, 09:16 AM
http://forums.gotwoot.net/gallery/files/9/7/6/2/sacredblacksmith.jpg

"Cecily Campbell is a former noble's daughter who joins the knighthood only to encounter a young man with both a unique sword and a unique fighting style. Cecily finds that the young man, Luke, is in fact a blacksmith and asks him to repair a sword given to her by her father. Thus begins their many adventures together." -tv.com

Genres: Fantasy, Seinen, Swordplay

Links:
Episode 1 - gg (http://t.bt.is-ingenio.us/t/%5Bgg%5D_The_Sacred_Blacksmith_-_01_%5BDE136632%5D.mkv.torrent)

AniDB (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=6546)
ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10874)
Official (http://www.blasmi.com/)

Main roles voiced by Nobuhiko Okamoto (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=59411) (Layfon of Regios), Ayumi Fujimura (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=53711) (Ayano of Kaze no Stigma, Azaka of Kara no Kyoukai) and Aki Toyosaki (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=62870) (Yui of K-ON).

- - - - - -

The first episode looked pretty nice even if it didn't really distinguish itself as anything extraordinary (or explain why this is supposed to be seinen). However, it was entertaining enough. Layfon's VA was fitting for the role of a bit cold blacksmith. The action was at a usual shounen show level but could be getting better considering the man lurking in the shadows and all the devil contract talk.

The main girl was very energetic (and thus naturally showing less skills than spirit) but that goes without saying in a show like this. No doubt she will get a lot better before the end. Hard to say anything definite yet about the little elf girl.

I'll keep watching.

KrayZ33
Sat, 10-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Cecily is hot, Male lead is badass

and I can guess why this is supposed to be seinen.
the art style and animation is also very good, nice start.
I'm pretty sure that I'll watch it to the end.

animus
Sat, 10-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Huh, gg is doing like everything this season aren't they.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Huh, gg is doing like everything this season aren't they.

Talking about staff, did you know gg's absorbing...like everybody?
http://www.ggkthx.org/2009/09/13/updated-fall-09-announcements/

Pretty much. With more staff, I'm expecting a greater variance in quality to be reflected in their releases.

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Ayumi Fujimura's naturally tsundere voice is a draw for me, and Luke seems to have inherited some Layton hax abilities from Regios.

Looks like a good adventure series, we'll see how it turns out.

I gather the girl clad in green from the OP/ED turns into Cecily's sword for battle?

Pandadice
Sat, 10-03-2009, 02:30 PM
well, overall i did enjoy the episode, and i'm definitely gonna continue watching.

it's weird how they have a samurai/katana character and fighting style, yet it takes place in a medieval European setting.

i really didn't like the fanservice, but at least it was minimal. i'd be happy if they scaled it back even more, but its not that big of deal.. as long as they don't massively increase it i suppose.

but dang it.. they whole Tsundere scene in it nearly ruined the episode, and hopefully it doesn't ruin the series... maybe i'm just getting to aggravated with the blatant pandering...

i mean yeah, i enjoy the tsundere (and by that i mean girl who gets flustered, and embarrassed and blushes easily) as much as the next guy, but when i want to watch a tsundere show, i'll watch a tsundere show. but when i want to watch a sword-fights action show, i want an action show. i just disliked the use of it here :\

Death BOO Z
Sat, 10-03-2009, 06:39 PM
I always choose animes based on the which name sounds cool, and I always get the same thing...

I feel about this one the same way I felt about the last fantasy sword anime I've watched - tales of the abyss.

anyway, Cecily's armor is a fine example of breast plate, and for some reason, the main dude (Luke) does have a really boring face and doesn't even have crazy anime hair. how did that happen?

I'm not impressed so far, and that's without questioning why everyone there is a giant idiot -crazy man swings giant sword with one hand? stay real close to him and hope he doesn't start trashing the next cart. way to get yourself killed, fat lady.
-someone has rushed to your help after being attacked? make them expect bandits, so that the monsters would have the additional surprise shock. and how did the bodies get stabbed?

Blacksmiths are supposed to be cool, collected guys, who know that good things take time, and hard work. that's what makes the character type so appealing, and now this guy just creates swords in the middle of battle? it's nothing brave, it's stupid. it's supposed to be about having balls of steel, not eggs of steel (I really wanted to make this pun, it sounded better in my mind).

well, maybe next episode would be better, but more likely, will include another girl with a bust, or a cute megane\nun girl.

KrayZ33
Sat, 10-03-2009, 07:48 PM
I'm not impressed so far, and that's without questioning why everyone there is a giant idiot -crazy man swings giant sword with one hand? stay real close to him and hope he doesn't start trashing the next cart. way to get yourself killed, fat lady.

I see what you mean, but well.... the crowd was actually like 10 meters away, I think that's fine, in fact.. this would have happened in real life too if one guy grabs a huge axe and starts smashing crates.. everyone would be like "what the fuck is he doing" and observe him.
no one would call for help/run away in fear.. that's just how it is.

-someone has rushed to your help after being attacked? make them expect bandits, so that the monsters would have the additional surprise shock. and how did the bodies get stabbed?
maybe because of the *bandits* who attacked the cart at first before that guy sent his monsters as his "final plan" as the "bandit" in the tree said.
however I thought the same thing.. I couldn't explain the conversation in the trees otherwise.

Luke does have a really boring face and doesn't even have crazy anime hair. how did that happen?

huh? isn't that a good thing?
especially because of
Blacksmiths are supposed to be cool, collected guys, who know that good things take time, and hard work.

Yukimura
Sun, 10-04-2009, 12:22 AM
My first impression was "I'm going to hate Cecily Campbell". I think my tastes are starting to develop a sexist bias as I feel less patience for female action leads who are all talk and no talent than I do for males in similar roles. Cecily's constant chattering about family honor and her knightship despite her seeming lack of skill got on my nerves somewhat but was within my expectations. What really made me want to see her stabbed repeatedly as soon as possible though was her retarded stance on her family sword. Heirlooms are great and all, especially for people with honorary positions, but if she wants to be a real knight and fight real battles to protect real people she should worry less about where her sword came from and more about how effective a tool it is. Her little speech to the first blacksmith reeked of fail, favoring an old and tattered weapon over a new and effective one seems pretty stupid unless all you care about is appearances.

I'm torn between being happy that she flipped her position and asked Luke to make her a sword like his (and thus unlike her precious tattered family sword) but pissed off that she had to put her stupid convictions out there in the regular blacksmith's shop for me to get pissed off at before reneging on them 10 minutes later. Hopefully she'll grow up quickly though. I think Luke, the loli elf, and the bad guys from the OP offer enough of interest for me to push through Cecily's learning curve though.

Kraco
Sun, 10-04-2009, 01:21 AM
Isn't it pretty obvious knighthood was all tradition and appearances for Cecily? She might have a genuine will to protect her city but that's probably true for every citizen there because it's a precious free city state next to an empire, apparently, so patriotism is a given. However, it's clear as day she had never actually worked to become a knight. She would have hardly known which end of a sword to grasp if it wasn't for the fact there's only one way you can slide it into the scabbard. So, she was indeed all talk and relying on her family name and reputation.

I certainly wouldn't have minded if she had possesses some actual fighting skills but otherwise I don't hate her. I will keep watching trusting she will develop and also hoping something will happen between her and Luke.

Idealistic
Sun, 10-04-2009, 10:53 AM
I like the character designs. First episode was pretty cool as well. Though I really hate the sexual references they always add in a lot of animes such as panty shots and breast jokes.... It's just unnecessary.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-05-2009, 04:04 AM
I like the character designs. First episode was pretty cool as well. Though I really hate the sexual references they always add in a lot of animes such as panty shots and breast jokes.... It's just unnecessary.

Unnecessary may be true, but I liked them because they broke the pace. I wouldn't want a series like this to take itself too seriously, and luckily it doesn't

I liked the character designs too. Cecily was instantly likable for me. If anything, my tolerance is the other way around compared to Yuki's. (with very many exceptions). Both her and Lisa were cute.

If it wasn't for Luke's awesome abilities, I'd hate his guts. His appearance is plain, his attitude is more annoying than of a cool arrogance, and I hate his name. It reminds me of Luke from Tales of the Abyss. (which I dropped at around episode 5).

I'm torn between being happy that she flipped her position and asked Luke to make her a sword like his (and thus unlike her precious tattered family sword) but pissed off that she had to put her stupid convictions out there in the regular blacksmith's shop for me to get pissed off at before reneging on them 10 minutes later.

I found that part hilarious, as well as stupid.

"No, if you melt it, it won't be the same sword. I can't accept it if it's not the same sword. it's my family's heirloom"

"BUT......if you make me a brand new katana, I'll gladly show you my body for it."

:confused:

The OP/EDs were nice, so I'll be keeping up with this one. Liking it much better than Armed Librarians.

Kraco
Mon, 10-05-2009, 04:20 AM
"No, if you melt it, it won't be the same sword. I can't accept it if it's not the same sword. it's my family's heirloom"

"BUT......if you make me a brand new katana, I'll gladly show you my body for it."

:confused:

It makes sense she wouldn't want some gray massproduced thing to replace her unique family heirloom, but on the other hand Luke's katana left her quite impressed as it cleanly cut through the bigass sword that had just shattered her heirloom.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-05-2009, 04:42 AM
It makes sense she wouldn't want some gray massproduced thing to replace her unique family heirloom, but on the other hand Luke's katana left her quite impressed as it cleanly cut through the bigass sword that had just shattered her heirloom.

It does make sense, and you can attribute her previous words to the blacksmith as a roundabout way of refusing him without saying "no, your swords are crap".

Still, I thought her fixation towards repairing her family sword was genuine, and it was strange that she's requesting him to forge her a new one before even mentioning anything about repairing the old.

Kraco
Mon, 10-05-2009, 06:09 AM
She has zero skills to be proud of so she's only being proud of external factors like her prestigious family line and her gear. She probably thought a rare weapon like the katana would make her stand out even more. She's thinking like a naive kid would.

Archangel
Mon, 10-05-2009, 06:21 AM
So as i pray, unlimited katana works

This looks pretty entertaining, i think i'll give it a try

Ryllharu
Mon, 10-05-2009, 05:05 PM
It does make sense, and you can attribute her previous words to the blacksmith as a roundabout way of refusing him without saying "no, your swords are crap". As soon as they said they only molded swords these days, the audience were all expected to know they were total crap, just as she did. As incompetent as she is, she certainly seems knowledgeable in the theory of blacksmithing at least to know quality. She went on about her old sword, and seemed set on reforging it, rather than getting a new one until she remembered Luke.

It doesn't excuse her indecisive attitude about whether she wants her old sword or not.

She has zero skills to be proud of so she's only being proud of external factors like her prestigious family line and her gear. She probably thought a rare weapon like the katana would make her stand out even more. She's thinking like a naive kid would.I'd give her a little more credit than that. She was amazed that he cut cleanly through a sword. Although she is too naive to realize that that particular property probably has more to do with his technique than crafting, I think the only thing running through her mind was how amazing a sword that can do that must be.

She wasn't concerned so much about the style of the sword, but what his swords can do considering that was what she focused on when she asked him to make her own before being rebuked.

Kraco
Sun, 10-11-2009, 03:54 AM
Sacred loli elf:

Episode 2 - gg (http://t.bt.is-ingenio.us/t/%5Bgg%5D_The_Sacred_Blacksmith_-_02_%5BF0457FF5%5D.mkv.torrent)

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-11-2009, 06:23 AM
Must be pretty embarrassing when a little elf girl who looks like she's 12 knows more about combat theory than someone who is supposedly a knight. Lisa just might know as much about combat as Luke does, aside from her obvious disadvantages in reach and height and we can only assume a lack of experience as well.

The pacing on this episode was a bit slow. I'm somewhat annoyed that it took the latter 2/3 of the episode for Cecily to meet Aria.

Cecily is a sad excuse for a protagonist, but apparently she is getting the Nudge of Destiny, because the city elders were surprised and pleased that she has somehow already met Luke, who we can only imagine is the one meant to forge the Sacred Sword that kills the devil. For whatever reasons, Cecily must be the one to wield it. If she was that important, one would think they would have spent the time to actually teach her how to fight instead of letting her become the city darling.

I was expecting it would be the kind of situation where destiny just sort of falls into her lap, and she steps up and does it because of her determination. But since she was apparently chosen from some time early on, it just infuriates me that she has gone this long without any formal training when they are expecting so much out of Cecily.

Lisa is probably the best character in the show so far.

Kraco
Sun, 10-11-2009, 07:23 AM
There's a solid echo of truth in your words, Ryll. I'm sorely disappointed it indeed looks like some arbitrary fate decided Cecily will play an important role. Luke's role, assuming it is to forge the sacred sword, like one could presume now, is much more understandable seeing how he indeed possesses impressive skills. Not only knowing how to forge swords but also how to use them, making him all the better a swordsmith. I'm looking forward to knowing why exactly a loser like Cecily is so important. I hope it's really convincing...

Luke had me worried in the first scenes but fortunately how he handled the cancelled deal with Cecily restored my faith in him. As long as he remains that cold and unmovable, I'm not complaining. Cecily annoyd me much more during this ep than the first and perhaps because of that it was nice to watch her disappointment when she realised she hasn't got the means to commission a sword from Luke.

I hope the katana fanboy talk won't continue for all eternity, though.

Archangel
Sun, 10-11-2009, 11:05 AM
The fanservice armor was already ridiculous but she apparently had a backup in case it broke? Not to mention the size seems to change at the animator's wishes

Lisa is very cute but i'm gonna get pissed if someone cuts her hair like the opening seems to imply, long hair cut short never looks good on anime girls

Also every sword in this story are apparently made out of Play-Doh

Ranting aside, the story seems a bit cliché but i think i'll enjoy watching it through the end for its badass male lead, good action and cute loli elf

Pandadice
Sun, 10-11-2009, 02:03 PM
this episode was good. i like this series. Cecily really reminds me a ton of Louise from ZnT. the beginning with the talk of the war, it reminded me of The Record of the Lodoss War

and speaking of ZnT, is the OP by the same person who did the ZnT OPs? it really sounds similar.

Archangel
Sun, 10-11-2009, 02:06 PM
this episode was good. i like this series. Cecily really reminds me a ton of Louise from ZnT. the beginning with the talk of the war, it reminded me of The Record of the Lodoss War

and speaking of ZnT, is the OP by the same person who did the ZnT OPs? it really sounds similar.

Wait... what? How?

KrayZ33
Sun, 10-11-2009, 02:06 PM
oh lol gg is awesome "You can't spell faggots without us"

animus
Sun, 10-11-2009, 02:09 PM

I'm going to have to agree with Archie. No way in hell are they similar, except for maybe the fact that they're terrible at what they do? However, Louise had an excuse.

Pandadice
Sun, 10-11-2009, 02:32 PM
yeah, there's the fact that she's useless. i dunno, i guess it's the blushing from the first episode and when she was sitting on the desk at the end complaining to the other chick about the blacksmith..

though not super similar, she definitely is showing some kugimiya-tsundere mannerisms.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 10-12-2009, 03:12 AM
was it just me or was there something off with gg's subs this week?

oh, I forgot.
KATANA! wank, wank, wank!
super special awesome amazing! better than anything else. please make me a katana! and I'll be your bitch forever! wank wank!

with the sword polishing out of the way, I can say that Luke seemed like much better character this episode, complete with nosebleed and a personality.

Loli elf is probably the ultimate sword, but she needs the power of love (tm) in order to grow into her true form of ass-slaying. an anime is never complete without forcing 'it was destined to be' romance between the two leads, go figure.

it looks like this show is going to have a relatively large amount of characters: the main trio, the girl busters, the loli four, the bishonen evils (all with fancy names, like Siegried, and probably Nevhuadnetzer).

and also, why does it take her an entire day to ask "did you just magic yourself a sword?"
and not play it straight like:
"a Katana is a blade that's been folded many times over, with precise planning and careful ..."
"wait, that sounds like it takes a long time"
"well, it does"
"no. he just created one out of the air, there wasn't even a fire when he did it"

still better than first ep, of course.

Yukimura
Mon, 10-12-2009, 11:28 AM
I must say I enjoyed how Cecily got so bent out of shape that Luke wouldn't forge her a free sword out of the kindness of his heart. It was especially moving when she criticized him for not meeting her expectation of a 'good' person by being unwilling to give away the fruits of his labors to a petulant novice he just met. It really helped to accent what I dislike about her character (type). It showed that she is self-centered and carries a sense of entitlement several miles wide. This, combined with her rather poor display of skill and clear lack of practical experience in the first ep makes for a grade A hypocritical fool who doesn't know her ass from a hole in the ground yet can still hold in her head the idea that the world should bend to her will because she was born so speshul.

About the only thing I find more detestable than her attitude is the inevitability that the plot will push her up in importance and apparent skill level (via magical sword of victory hax perhaps?) validating and inflating her ego through undeserved and/or unearned opportunities and victories. Now that I think about it she reminds me a lot of Luke from Tales of the Abyss another main character I loved to hate. I'm hoping Cecily gets a similar sort of wake up call moment where her foolishness directly causes harm and destruction to the innocents she claims to serve.

If Cecily is going to go down the Luke fon Fabre route though then I hope the supporting cast expands more either quantitatively or qualitatively. It usually takes several likable supporting characters to balance my dislike for main characters like Cecily is shaping up to be.

KrayZ33
Mon, 10-12-2009, 04:19 PM
about 80% of all lead characters are like cecily... I can't find anything wrong with her

your typical newb at the beginning, awesome and strong at the end character
and because she is female, she is tsundere.

Yukimura
Tue, 10-13-2009, 06:42 PM
If you think 80% of fictional stories follow the shounen hero archetype you might want to consider expanding your horizons a bit and reevaluating. Count up all the shounen hero leads in all the series that started this fall and divide by the number of series. I'd be quite impressed if the number even breaks 50%.

That being said, even if Cecily type characters were the norm in fiction it wouldn't change the fact that some people, particularly me, enjoy the absurdity of the archetype. Characters like Cecily who talk a big game in episode one but turn out to suck make characters who talk a big game in episode one and can actually back it up (in episode one) look even better to me.

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-18-2009, 08:29 AM
[gg] Sacred Blacksmith 03 (http://t.bt.is-ingenio.us/t/%5Bgg%5D_The_Sacred_Blacksmith_-_03_%5BA8ED78A0%5D.mkv.torrent)

---------------------------------

This series has developed a glacial pace edging on White Album levels. Cecily still is pretty useless, and even more people are calling her out on it. While it is great that a demon sword that has only known bloodshed finds her endearing, she is still a complete failure.

I don't blame her for being a coward because she's never killed anyone. That is fairly understandable. Real soldiers and those who are so called knights merely because of their family name are very different. I'm sure getting blood splashed on your face is disturbing, and her reaction was natural.

What I am afraid of is that Aria will be inspired by Cecily's so called courage and innocence to enable her to become an amazing fighter without any actual practice, which is what she needs the most. But of course, she'll only kill those who have fully accepted the contract. Not the zombies she failed to kill this episode.

Nothing can change the fact that Cecily can't fight. Lisa still knows more about swordplay than Cecily does. She even has terrible form in the OP. I would hope that after Aria allows Cecily to wield her, Cecily spends the vast majority of the time learning to actually use a sword, but I'm afraid that won't be the case, and she magically be super powerful while still being terrible. Like the other soldier said, if you don't know how to use a sword properly, you're just going to end up destroying it, failing to protect anyone, and probably get yourself killed. They tried to make him look like an asshole after Aria's story when he said that swords are only for killing, but that is exactly what they are for. When you are "protecting" someone with a sword, you're still killing something else to do so. Blocking with a sword is a great way to break it as well.

I don't want to hate this series, it has a good premise and setting, but Cecily is really pushing it. At least in Scrapped Princess, everyone (including herself) knew that Pacifica was pretty much helpless.

Kraco
Sun, 10-18-2009, 09:30 AM
Aye. Cecily certainly reached an all time low easily in this episode. She was happily swinging a sword around all the time but indeed it apparently never visited her mind that a sword is a weapon and the primary function of a weapon is to kill. The asshole knight did know exactly what he saw in Cecily.

Besides, what's there to save anymore in those zombies? The bugs had already eaten their brains, after all. Cecily hesitating against them didn't even really make a whole lot of sense. Even if she didn't know exactly how the bugs operated since even the more more experienced soldiers didn't, she still was told by Aria they are beyond salvation already and she did see the bloody worm bugs clearly enough, indicating there's something really wrong with the opponents.

Oh, well, despite Cecily being a hopeless character at least we still have Luke and Lisa. There seems to be something peculiar about Lisa like this episode suggested a couple of times. Maybe she's even a sword herself. Or a hammer...

Archangel
Sun, 10-18-2009, 10:18 AM
The worthless female lead, a rare treat in the world of anime

My interest on this show is shrinking with each ep, i don't think i'll be watching many more eps if this keeps up

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-18-2009, 10:43 AM
My interest on this show is shrinking with each ep, i don't think i'll be watching many more eps if this keeps up
Yeah. One more episode will break this for me.

Pandadice
Sun, 10-18-2009, 06:50 PM
this show just seems so mediocre. it hasn't really done anything to turn me away, but it isn't doing anything that makes me interested in it..

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-18-2009, 08:00 PM
If you are watching this instead of Letter Bee, watch that instead. Slow start, but it has better animation/music/characters!!!/loli.

I am really disappointed by this show. It had such a great idea and they ruined it by slapping on tons of shounen nonsense and boring/stupid characters. A blacksmith anime would have been absolutely awesome, if the main character actually made swords instead of fighting with a katana, brooding, or bickering with probably one of the worst non-joke(?) female character in recent anime history.

/rant

I am still going to watch it though.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-19-2009, 02:29 AM
-Luke in the OP reminded me of Sasuke.

-I'm more patient with Cecily being useless, since the OP hints she will undergo some dedicated sword training. I was scared for a second since I could have confused her for the other redhead with longer hair later in the OP, but I'm pretty confident it's her since the other three featured together form the main four characters.

-I suspected Lisa was a sword since episode 2, when Luke said women were not allowed in the room where he works. I actually thought she would be Cecily's sword until they introduced Aria. She's definitely a spirit of some sort, and she had an interesting expression when Cecily asked why the store was named Liza. Perhaps her late relative (mother?) owned the place or something.

Xelbair
Mon, 10-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Loli elf is probably the ultimate sword, but she needs the power of love (tm) in order to grow into her true form of ass-slaying. an anime is never complete without forcing 'it was destined to be' romance between the two leads, go figure.

Nah, they will have to collect 3 more swords that are like Aria and then they will fuse through loli-elf to achieve great imba powah, of course swords gonna get stolen/raped/lost few times to keep story going...

But if they make it pretty decent instead of typical shounen bullshit for kids it might be pretty good. Just add a bit darker theme...

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-23-2009, 05:22 AM
well, episode three out of the (I've been busy this week).

say you're one of those city guards. you're a decent guy, not half bad warrior, and you do your best living in a city that happens to be attacked by monsters every now and then.
But it's fine, since you have friends in the squad, and the commander is a respected war-hero.

but then, the city gets a new awesome sword, of course, you don't expect yourself to be that one who wields it, but hey, I bet the commander will take it, or maybe one of the promising younger fighters. at any case, who ever ends using it, he'll use it and help you win fights with less casualties.

but no. they go off and hand the sword to that snotty girl that always messes up and you have to wipe her ass. and now there are even more enemies coming to the town, because of the sword.
and friends start dying. because you weren't trained, or armed, to fight this kind of thing. and the commander, he's got his head stuck in some high, fancy politics involving you-don't-know-what and you-don't-care-who.there's no end for this shit in sight, and there's no promotion to look forward to, and it seems like the higher ups are just counting on you guys to die for their sake while they treat the entire thing as a power struggle.
wouldn't you think, even once, just to sell out the stink girl and the sword, get tons of money and move to the opposing side, heck, that will even protect the rest of the squad, since the enemies would get what they wanted, and won't have to attack the city no more.

what I'm trying to say.
A. it's really dangerous for the city guard to know who's carrying the super sword, for that reason.
B. The armor the city guards looks weird. notice how the armor is open at the same spot that grants you points in a kendo match? those are the points that even having armor won't grant you complete defense, not wearing any armor will get you killed if you're hit there. and that's before questioning the lack or helmets (it would have saved them from the brain bug)
C. Their swords suck. it's not only, even the guy with zwienhelder (or what's it's called) needs to get a new sword every now and then (and that thing is a giant clad of iron, dammit, it's mostly durable for a sword). shouldn't they get a egg-grown sword? especially with all the monsters running around.

everything that needs to be said about Cecily and the tsundere's-like antics of her and Luke, was said earlier.

Kraco
Sun, 10-25-2009, 05:22 AM
Scared Boobsmith:

€pisode 4 - gg (http://t.bt.is-ingenio.us/t/%5Bgg%5D_The_Sacred_Blacksmith_-_04_%5B4601AB3A%5D.mkv.torrent)

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-25-2009, 06:14 AM
This episode was a vast improvement. Cecily admitted that she can't fight for shit at least twice, and declared herself absolutely helpless in front of Luke in probably one of the most formal ways she could. Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

That said, how can she have practiced from an early age and still have such bad form? Someone really needs to teach her to use a rapier, since she obviously going to be using Aria on a regular basis. The way she's practicing with a long sword to use a kanata is going to hurt her in the end. Can't she see that Luke's high mobility combat and her fighting style are completely incompatible? She's straight forward, uses slashes and thrusts, and is very accurate with her motions despite her generalize ineptitude. Hopefully she will give up on the katana idea in the next episode or two.

I'm also not real happy that she switched over to "no killing" to "killing to protect" so easily. With how fervent she was about it last episode, I would have assumed she would be a little bit more torn about it. Luckily, she kept admitting she can't fight for shit, and I guess that gave her the determination to do what she had to in order to fulfill her ideals of being a protector.

Another thing, it's pretty obvious that Kira Yamato is Cecily's descendant. A bunch of guys get burned to ash inches in front of her, and Cecily is largely unharmed. Evil guy throws fire, it lands next to her in small sputtering fires instead of instantly engulfing her like the other knights.

Despite the Gundam dodge skills and that she probably still can't outfight a cow without Aria, Cecily admitting she is terrible and helpless was enough to make me continue on with this series for now. Aria, Lisa, and Luke are reason enough. Cecily is just that annoying best friend character that every series has.

I'm just going to take this series as seriously as I do Kampfer and I'll probably still enjoy it.

Kraco
Sun, 10-25-2009, 06:55 AM
This episode certainly offered improvements. I suppose she abandoned the no-kill stance simply because it wasn't anymore just about her. This time she was breaking her promise to protect Aria. Since she's of the self-sacrifice type, that should be the greatest motivation she could have. So, I don't see a particular problem with her quick attitude change.

Luke should ask for some nightly favours since she willingly promised as much. Even if her fighting skills and personality can suck, she still has a nice body... But I guess he isn't really much of a player. Actually I don't really know why he came to visit Cecily in the first place. Is he also not honest with his own feelings?

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-25-2009, 07:17 AM
I think Lisa dragged him to visit Cecily and Aria. Luke was doing his usual market scan for high quality swords that can kill God. Why he was looking in the fairly standard city market instead of some huge capital is beyond me.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-25-2009, 08:19 AM
Luke fighting with his katana is enough to keep me going. His action scenes always look fantastic, especially how he counted down his slashes.

I will simply ignore the presence of the other non-loli female lead.

Archangel
Sun, 10-25-2009, 02:05 PM
And so it begins the "Zero to Hero" plot line. I wish they would just put some Hercules theme music on and hurried the hell up with it because i can tell this is going to be excruciating.

In short, moar Luke and katanas pls

Pandadice
Mon, 10-26-2009, 02:15 PM
something tells me this series would be a lot more enjoyable if you just marathoned through it at once, after it's complete.

meh, this episode was okay. I wouldn't say I'm taking this as seriously as Kaempfer, but I definitely think I've giving up on any kind of worth-watching story.. I do plan to keep watching it though.

What was the deal with Luke's fake eye? when are they gonna bring that up? and why doesn't he wear an eye-patch in stead of use a glass eye? an eye-patch would make him so much cooler..

shinta|hikari
Mon, 10-26-2009, 07:13 PM
an eye-patch would make him so much cooler..

Umm, no? Eye patches are overdone in anime and usually look retarded. This is definitely the better alternative.

Archangel
Tue, 10-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Wow, i never noticed that before you mentioned it. So i'm guessing the dude who can take on 100 God killing swords was responsible for that?

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-30-2009, 07:01 PM
well, that was a good waste of 32 men.

how were they planning to get rid of the monster (who would obviously come)? and wouldn't it be smarter to set up the stage out of town, and maybe in front of a smaller crowed (who could all be soldiers in disguise, ready to cut the offender before he manages to transform?). But that would be too much to ask for, I guess.

Did they always have magic soldiers? that could be a good field for Cecily to study, as it's both offensive and defensive, and doesn't require a muscular body.

Archangel
Sun, 11-01-2009, 11:54 AM
[gg] Episode 5 - Download (http://t.bt.is-ingenio.us/t/%5Bgg%5D_The_Sacred_Blacksmith_-_05_%5BD351FC3A%5D.mkv.torrent)

Ryllharu
Sun, 11-01-2009, 01:02 PM
I said it would take one more episode and this was it.

Dropped.

While I enjoyed that this was a Lisa-centric episode, and a great one at that, this series is really spoiled by the completely unlikeable characters. Lisa is pretty much the only worthwhile character in the series, though Aria is okay. Luke is just too much of an asshole. Cecily is starting to annoy me more than Ascouer in Kiddy Girl believe it or not, and to be honest I just really don't give a shit about their plights anymore. There just isn't a good pull in this series.

Lisa should escape this series and go to a better fantasy world where she would be better appreciated.

I'll consider these past episodes a 4 episode OVA and a Lisa Side Story.

Archangel
Sun, 11-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Lolicon fanservice episode, someone summon Shinta

This show is so meh... i have half a mind to drop it too but i'll give it a chance since we haven't even been introduced to half the characters that have been shown in the OP

Kraco
Sun, 11-01-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm greatly disappointed Luke isn't an asshole towards Cecily exclusively. He seems to treat Liza only a little better, and that's probably only because he's used to Liza and she isn't stupidly asking for too much from him.

I'm not going to drop this yet, though. I certainly don't consider Cecily as annoying as Ascouer either. Speaking of Cecily it's quite funny she can afford a servant but can't afford a sword... She must really be struggling to make the ends meet.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 11-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Sanjou!

I used to not really care about this show, well except for Luke's action scenes, but seeing Liza's dedication to Luke made me slightly change my mind. While I am not really fond of her character design because it is too generic, I am starting to like her because of her hardworking, quiet and humble personality. Plus the food she made looked fantastic.

The only reason Cecily is not as annoying as Ascouer is because of the difference in voices, but a significant difference it is.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Complaints aside, I don't consider this show to be bad enough to warrant dropping yet. It's still got some appeal. I'm still waiting on the girls from the OP to make their appearance.

I bet you Lisa's transformation is a hammer.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 11-01-2009, 09:51 PM
That would be interesting, but I feel it might be the boring katana.

Ryllharu
Sun, 11-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Complaints aside, I don't consider this show to be bad enough to warrant dropping yet. It's still got some appeal. I'm still waiting on the girls from the OP to make their appearance.It's not bad, but it isn't good enough for me to bother continuing. There are a surprising number of good-to-excellent series this season and even a few pleasant surprises (simple pleasure of Kampfer, actual plot in Queen's Blade). Boobsmith just fails to create a catch or a draw for itself. I can't say that I have ever looked forward to an episode of this each week the way I have for a lot of the other series. Even Kiddy Girl for how bad that has been so far has the benefit of nostalgia by being a psuedo-sequel.

Speaking of which, Ascouer has been growing on me each week, while Cecily has been more and more grating. Voices aside, I think my initial comment was at least partially valid. I just can't stand Cecily's attitude anymore.

If this had aired last season, or from the looks of things next season, I would have probably continued on out of spite. But when there are so many better things worth watching, why waste my time?

Pandadice
Mon, 11-02-2009, 04:19 AM
well this episode was really boring... i guess i'm gonna keep watching it, for now at least :\

Death BOO Z
Tue, 11-03-2009, 02:48 PM
she wakes up, goes to the village, helps them around, gets back to the house and he's still sleeping?
must be the laziest blacksmith ever...

or maybe he's just too busy downloading porn each night, who knows

Kraco
Tue, 11-03-2009, 03:13 PM
We could assume Liza woke up at 6AM, for example, and Luke at 9AM. Three hours would have been enough time for the deeds she did.

I actually only well afterwards remembered how outrageous it was that in the previous ep Cecily promised anything to Luke if he helped her, and now she's back in her old haughty persona begging Luke to make the katana for her - even though she can't pay. She must really be from an old noble family to possess such audacity.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 11-03-2009, 07:24 PM
We could assume Liza woke up at 6AM, for example, and Luke at 9AM.

Weren't they making a distinction between Lisa (the girl) and Liza (the store name) in episode 1, and Lisa just gave the "not-answering" face when Cecily asked?

Kraco
Wed, 11-04-2009, 01:28 AM
I remembered it was the other way around... Well, I doubt you thought I meant the store wakes up at 6AM and walks to a nearby farms to fetch vegetables. Even this series isn't that bad.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-04-2009, 02:30 AM
I remembered it was the other way around... Well, I doubt you thought I meant the store wakes up at 6AM and walks to a nearby farms to fetch vegetables. Even this series isn't that bad.

Ah. My mistake.

edit: or maybe not. (Episode 01 11:44)

Yukimura
Fri, 11-06-2009, 07:08 PM
The aforementioned audacity of Cecily is at the center of my dislike for her character. Even now that she mutters her little motto of self-deprecation every now and then just behaves as if she is the Crwn Princess now instead of the Queen. Sure she seems to recognize that she has more to learn but she still seems to carry herself like its a foregone conclusion that she'll be the next big thing an everyone needs to just get with the program and believe in her/give her whatever she wants to speed her on her way.

Her exchange with Luke over katana knowledge was a good example, she talks a big game about wanting a katana but doesn't seem to know much about them. Then she vilifies Luke bending over backwards to teach her when it's of no benefit to him to do so. It's easy to call Luke an asshole for not being kind or open with her but he doesn't seem to need her for anything (yet) so I don't see why he should bother.

Kraco
Sun, 11-08-2009, 03:12 AM
Lukewarm katanasmith:

Episode 6 - gg (http://t.bt.is-ingenio.us/t/%5Bgg%5D_The_Sacred_Blacksmith_-_06_%5B39F98E10%5D.mkv.torrent)

Archangel
Sun, 11-08-2009, 03:58 PM
So we got a loli fanservice episode last week so we could rush the fuck out of this one?

For a second there i thought that i had missed an episode with demon swords and Liza clones jumping out of nowhere

Why can't i drop this...? The characters are so godamn and unlikable, the plot is so retarded and whole show is so "meh", so very "meh"

Kraco
Sun, 11-08-2009, 05:05 PM
The beginning was surely surprising and also had me thinking that for some reason I failed to watch last week's ep. Still, it was good to get some action as well, and surprisingly Cecily didn't suck at a 100% rate when wielding Aria. Although that's of course only due to the fact Aria is so powerful. But at least she had the wits to give that one punch when the swords were locked.

Luke's gloating smirk when Cecily was given the responsiblity to host the obnoxious loli princess was the best part of the episode, although the way he treated her already back at his house wasn't bad either. Despite not liking how he treated Lisa little better in the previous episode I still seem to like his cold attitude.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 11-08-2009, 06:39 PM
yes, I also thought I somehow missed an episode...

there was some good action, at least that.
and there was a penis shaped dagger.
and it seems like Aria can not only air-slash (like any other wind sword), but also has energy waves, and rocket flying, seems like a perfect weapon for flying up and shooting down, but it won't happen.

anyways... did we see Lisa preform healing magic before? I guess it's possible, since she has blacksmith magic, but still, it was a first...
magic swords all around, we went from one sword (that's completely precious and sought after) to five.
the Proof of royalty. "look, I have a blade here that only the heir has. you might not have heard of this before, and maybe I stole it from the legitimate heir (so far, it seems to be the way I do stuff), but you should totally believe me".

Luke knows that she needs money, so he's happy to see her suffer for it. all good.
and speaking of Luke, we still had a Katana wax wank. of course.

Kraco
Mon, 11-09-2009, 01:41 AM
The demon blade situation was indeed quite funny. When the show began it was made to seem they are exceedingly rare, but apparently they are so common in the Empire that a bastard princess thrown out of her father's court could still take four with her...

The seal blade situation was, however, handled appropriately because they didn't just assume anybody carrying the blade would automatically be a princess (a wise choice seeing how the first thing the princess did in town was to try to steal a sword), but they intend to verify from the Empire what the person carrying it should look like.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-09-2009, 07:33 AM
OMG....Cecily's fight was so painful to watch. At first the claymore chick looked like she was fighting seriously (maybe she was), and it really was a deathmatch. Then the elongating-blade girl (whose design I rather dig btw) jumps in and almost skewers her, making it seem like Cecily's totally cornered.

Then out comes the dagger girl who wants her turn as if she's the final boss of the three, only to be the first one to get cleanly hit.

Following that, they take turns bashing her and asking her to relieve the sword as if her permission or surrender was a requirement for transferring ownership.

Then, you know, we got bored of it, so we'll just knock her flying and take it now.

While we're leaving, she's making a racket about the sword. We've got that now, so we should leave, but let's waste some time and kill her or something..

MAKE UP YOUR MIND FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

/rant

Katana action was nice, even if it seems like everyone should now be stealing those instead of Demon swords, since they're so much rarer and more powerful.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-09-2009, 08:00 AM
That episode felt so similar to Valkyria Chronicles' later episodes.

In short, fucking random.

It was so Dragon Ball-like, with the projectiles and versus kamehameha energy attacks. It should have sticked to the katana goodness that seems to be the only redeeming feature of this show.

Cecily was so fucking arrogant for someone who is such a failure. She refuses the sword's power, then decides to use it, then brags immediately after just because the imbalanced sword that automatically protects and attacks in what seems to be the most effective way possible is doing the fighting for her?

The wind attack from Luke is stupid. Why didn't he just dash in while dodging and own them like usual? This show should have at least kept Luke's dignity, not give him magical projectiles just because everybody seems to have one since this episode.

/rant

masamuneehs
Mon, 11-09-2009, 09:29 AM
what the fuck is this garbage? mediocre genre cliche copypasta.

i watched three episodes. i'm out. done.

Pandadice
Sat, 11-14-2009, 11:48 PM
ep 07 is out from gg

[gg]​_The​_Sacred​_Blacksmith​_-​_07​_[72B5B68E].mkv (http://t.bt.is-ingenio.us/t/%5Bgg%5D_The_Sacred_Blacksmith_-_07_%5B72B5B68E%5D.mkv.torrent)

Kraco
Sun, 11-15-2009, 08:01 AM
Wow. All the necessary content in this episode could have been played in five minutes. The most useless episode in this series so far and that's saying a lot since most of them have been useless. Only the last scene was of any importance, and could affect things in some imaginable way. Either to make Charlotte stay in the city or make her try to capture Aria again, foolishly thinking that would make the Emperor acknowledge a bastard daughter.

Iron (steel) was a highly precious material during medieval times so Luke and Lisa gathering it cheaply or for no price was a poorly thought-out scene. Especially strange considering this is anime and iron/steel in Japan was even more precious than elsewhere (except for Americas where they never discovered it). It would have been more likely people would have brought them scrap iron as a partial payment for any new items they would have required.

Archangel
Sun, 11-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Yay, finally an episode so bad that leaves me no choice other than to drop this crap :)

Maybe i'll get the uncensored versions later, just to lol at the weirdly round tittays

Death BOO Z
Sun, 11-15-2009, 04:16 PM
did we ever see Boobily's mom before? I think this was her first appearance.
the entire domestic thing makes her look even worse, she's got a badass maid lady (who has smacked up the three girls who tried killing her last episode) and her mom seems pretty decent (in those womanly things, like caring, understanding others, and knitting), and yet, she's not only useless, she's oblivious to all that.

back at ZnT, Louise was at least aware of how bad she was, and that gave her some sort of personality, it made her bursts of bitchiness seem justified. now it's nothing, she's going around "I never knew I had a combat maid..", "I never knew I had a weapon storage room in the back of my house...".

at least they confirmed two things about the demon swords, that the demon swords aren't always alive, and that they are born from the death songs (probably of pure virgin girls, except purple flame lady, who got corrupted postmortem.) maybe the other demon swords have simply died in their human forms before, so they can't be as strong.

and then there's the subject of Liza. maybe she's his sister, but more likely, not.
I hate Cecily, but I don't think she deserves to play vertigo on Luke's guilt trip.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Either to make Charlotte stay in the city or make her try to capture Aria again, foolishly thinking that would make the Emperor acknowledge a bastard daughter.

From the way things have been building up, I predict the four girls will change their identities and live in the city. Cecily and the guy who read the order will turn a blind eye and say they escaped.

@Archie: Watch Queen's Blade. Be surprised

Archangel
Mon, 11-16-2009, 09:55 AM
@Archie: Watch Queen's Blade. Be surprised

I was, just not in a good way

Kraco
Sun, 11-22-2009, 06:27 AM
Serene Blacksmith:

Episode 8 - gg (http://t.bt.is-ingenio.us/t/%5Bgg%5D_The_Sacred_Blacksmith_-_08_%5B6E7D8C8F%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - - - -

In retrospect it doesn't make me too happy I was at least partially correct: They indeed tried to abduct Aria again in order to gain the Emperor's favor. At least Charlotte wasn't a part of such an unsightly, desperate and plainly idiotic plan. This episode did, though, reveal that the demon weapons aren't after all so common and cheap, because someone purposefully gave the four weapons to these girls, against the Empire's wishes.

The best part of the episode was of course Cecily declaring she's an idiot. Although she sounded a bit too proud of it...

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-23-2009, 04:38 AM
Must they really defect to another nation? Can't they just, you know, hide?

I suppose if Siegfried knew of them already, then it's not possible. But otherwise, just employ them as maids or something.

As for intel, what can a few girls tell them what spies could not? Especially girls who have been outcast by the Empire and probably never set foot in the castle.

Kraco
Mon, 11-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Maybe the intel part is more to officially seal their status as traitors to the Empire, less to actually gain valuable information. I'm sure any interrogator will notice in little time they are too idiotic to know anything useful. Charlotte never cared about anybody else but her dead mother anyway, and I doubt the other nation will be interested in anybody's dead mom.

In the end they are going to be tools for propaganda if anything. Should a war occur and the other nation win, they could marry Charlotte to their own second prince and place them to rule over the former Empire. It could grant a bit more validity to win over some subjects, perhaps.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Yeah, that's as much sense as one can make out of all this I think.

Talking about making sense, didn't Cecily claim to prove how stupid she was? I thought she was trying to kill herself attacking them to show just how suicidal and pointless the girls' own plans were. Then she goes to defeat them all in a not-so-stupid way.

Was her point that stupidity wins battles or something?

This arc felt like a really roundabout way to show that Siegfried is up to something. Like we didn't know that. Other than that, all I can see in these girls is that they somehow become useful to the militant country and come as reinforcements when Cecily/Luke face off against those evil Imperial folks.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Was her point that stupidity wins battles or something?

Her point was that she is stupid. She said so herself.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 11-24-2009, 02:24 PM
well, it just happened right before she acted least stupid ever.
it was even a decent battle, even if she never had that much control over Aria...

so, basically, Siegfried sets the girls out on the journey, planning that they'll steal Aria (one way or another), and then they'll give the weapons to his blond 2nd in command (who I can't tell if is a man or a woman), and after that.. well, screw them, they've filled their purpose.

Other than having Boobily powering up, I don't see much point to this arc, we didn't even learn something about the empire.

two last things... Boonbily wears her breastplate for dinner? really?
and why can Aria create shockwaves underground, it's so unfair that no other sword can do all that.

Logrus
Tue, 11-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Does anyone know how come the Empire want Luke the blacksmith?

shinta|hikari
Tue, 11-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Well, other than the fact that he is abnormally strong and can make katanas, I don't think they have revealed anything specific yet.

Penner
Thu, 11-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Question, is GG the best subbers of this?

I'm currently downloading ep 1-7 from INP, because their file size is consistent at about 249mb per ep, whilst GG's releases is all over the place from 148mb to 273mb...sup with that?

Kraco
Thu, 11-26-2009, 01:32 PM
This isn't really a series good enough to pay extra attention to subs (that is, the series is so bad that it in itself robs all your critical attention), but gg's new philosophy didn't overly much affect this series anyway, from what I could see. Must be a different translator/editor. So, in short, gg's subs are watchable.

Kraco
Sun, 11-29-2009, 06:29 AM
No way! Actual development in Sekuhara Boobsmith?

Episode 9 - gg (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=100967)

- - - - - - - -

We learned something of Luke's morbid past in this episode. Cecily was as foolish as ever but at least nobody had to tolerate her foolishness (except for us viewers). However, maybe she will start to treat Luke a little better after this episode now that she knows she doesn't know anything about him.

Quite a cliffhanger as well, in more ways than one.

Archangel
Mon, 11-30-2009, 06:18 AM
* Topic is 'Hi fags, welcome to #gg || Recent: Sacred Boobsmith 9, Kampfer 9, Seakittens 22, Kobato 7, Aoi Bungaku 1v2 - 3 || -----> XDCC List: http://gg.is-fabulo.us/ <----- || Recruiting: New translator for Sacred Blacksmith

I loled .

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-30-2009, 06:30 AM
So after toying with use for 9 episode so the DVDs will have some boobage, Manglobe finally writes a story?

It was interesting how Luke lost his eye. It wasn't physically attacked in any way. It just....burst. His rudeness and ability always gave me a Sasuke vibe, and this episode added to that.

Siegfried The man in black sure has bad luck. His plans never work out.

Kraco
Mon, 11-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Siegfried The man in black sure has bad luck. His plans never work out.

Can't blame him for any lack of trying, though. He surely tries more than anybody else in this story.

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by gg irc channel
* Topic is 'Hi fags, welcome to #gg || Recent: Sacred Boobsmith 9, Kampfer 9, Seakittens 22, Kobato 7, Aoi Bungaku 1v2 - 3 || -----> XDCC List: http://gg.is-fabulo.us/ <----- || Recruiting: New translator for Sacred Blacksmith .

I seriously need to get another subber for this show... who else is doing this?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-30-2009, 09:43 AM
I seriously need to get another subber for this show... who else is doing this?

AniYoshi, Koharubi, Nuke, Instantz, KyouNoSubs & Solstice.

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-30-2009, 09:52 AM
AniYoshi, Koharubi, Nuke, Instantz, KyouNoSubs & Solstice.

Are any of those good? Never heard of any of them.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-30-2009, 09:56 AM
I've downloaded a few shows from AniYoshi. They're an older group with good track record. Somewhat erratic release schedules sometimes however.

Koharubi I've gotten a few episodes of (Aoi Hana I think). Nothing wrong with them

I've grabbed some Tears to Tiara from Solstice. Watchable, don't tend to notice much error with them.

Never tried Nuke or Instanz. Never heard of KyouNoSubs.

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Im not entirely conviced after seeing this comparison =/

http://www.ji-hi.net/blacksmith/index.html

I'll stick to GG hoping their new translator doesn't follow their rececent bitchiness... odly enough, Kampfer and Sacred BlackSmith had not suffered from their recent policies. As bad as this show can get sometimes, I still somewhat enjoy it and don't want crappy subs.

Thanks Bill.

Pandadice
Mon, 11-30-2009, 01:22 PM
huh.. i dunno if I find any of the groups better than each other in that comparison O_o.

i liked how half of them translate her introduction as third city, and the other half third street.

Logrus
Fri, 12-04-2009, 06:23 AM
That was a hat he gave her that time at the bridge? I seriously thought it was a dessert like pudding or something :S

Penner
Sat, 12-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Man i just watched ep 1 through 9 back-to-back and i was expecting a massive shitfest from reading some of these comments, but i seriously don't get what all the whining was about.

It has some comedic elements, good action, and a little fanservice thrown in here and there, this was nowhere near as crappy as this thread made it seem, but that's a good thing because i was pleasantly surprised ^_^

Totally going to follow this.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Man i just watched ep 1 through 9 back-to-back and i was expecting a massive shitfest from reading some of these comments, but i seriously don't get what all the whining was about.

It has some comedic elements, good action, and a little fanservice thrown in here and there, this was nowhere near as crappy as this thread made it seem, but that's a good thing because i was pleasantly surprised ^_^

Totally going to follow this.

Marathoning always make slow or crap episodes less painful.

And here's the OST

[Nipponsei] The Sacred Blacksmith Original Soundtrack.zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20The%20Sacred%20Blacksmith%20Orig inal%20Soundtrack.zip.torrent)

Penner
Sat, 12-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Marathoning always make slow or crap episodes less painful

I completely agree, but i probably would have liked this show even if i didn't watch em all at once. I'm a sucker for swords, knights, magic and stuff :rolleyes:

shinta|hikari
Sat, 12-05-2009, 10:42 PM
The show doesn't suck. The heroine does.

Kraco
Sun, 12-06-2009, 03:57 AM
This show has been totally gray, rather than sucking. Although in practical terms there's not always a difference between those two definitions. Still, a sucking series would normally be one you dislike, but this show really fails to elicit much of a response, for good or bad. Except for Cecily who has been quite annoying indeed.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-06-2009, 08:31 AM
The show doesn't suck. The heroine does.

I'd like to call this "wasted potential".

I've said it once before in another thread, that the setting and everything allows for something big. The fact that they've ignored that up till now to focus on Cecily's daily life is the wasted part.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 12-08-2009, 05:57 PM
I was a bit of schedule, with the computer going under and my schoolwork getting in the way. But I'm cool now.

I don't like boobily being a replacement girl, it seems rather cruel that she's both horribly weaker than Luke, and less experienced than him in relationships. also, the full blown red face\inner monologue was a bit too much, the watchers can understand the situation if you do just one of them...

anyway, Luke and Lisa went together to the mountain of horror, and reached the inner circles of evil, and not one adult thought that they should put a fence inside the doom mountain? a big "DO NOT ENTER" sign to stop these kinds of things?
is it just me or does Vandalbidily look like a cactus?
http://www.navon.org.il/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/dsc03312-large.jpg

I simply don't care about the last part of the episode, if the guy with the lightning sword can't win in the middle of a rain storm, then nobody can.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-10-2009, 06:53 PM
gg will be delayed.

Koharubi - Episode 10 (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=30949)

------------------

Oh, Man-in-Black, your plans have been foiled again. Wait, he's unmasked now?!

Finally. So let's get this show on the road since his petty sneaky attempts never work out anyway.

Aria x Cecily battles continue to show no skill whatsoever. She mentioned that guy had resolve, so what does she have? (besides the obvious). The way Elsa sought her goal didn't make sense neither. Was her fatal wound really necessary for the old guy to see an illusion of his daughter? Maybe if they showed a quick flashback comparing the two's wounded states, but as it stands, that was a bit of a wtf moment.

Talking about wtf moments...the cloaked blond in the carriage.....Lisa?!

Luke getting pressed in battle was a good change for once. I bet you if Siegfried came out to do his own handiwork rather than relying on rather unreliable henchmen, he'd be done already.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 12-11-2009, 07:59 PM
well, as long as the plot moves forward...

however. the big-strong-wise army dude (Hannibal?) saw Siegfried. if he couldn't tell on spot that this is the guy the were looking for (tall, wearing dark), then what the hell were they doing all that time? searching for a guy dressed in black that hides his face? that's like looking for a shouting 'death to the infidels' when trying to identify a terrorist. but never mind.

I think that if Elsa would have turned into a normal (non sentient) sword it would have made a better impact. and what was the deal with the scar over that guy's body? wasn't he supposed to turn into a demon?

also, since when was magic an important part of their life? I recall about 3 times of magic usage, and most of those times were combat oriented uses...

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-11-2009, 08:02 PM

I think that if Elsa would have turned into a normal (non sentient) sword it would have made a better impact. and what was the deal with the scar over that guy's body? wasn't he supposed to turn into a demon?

They did say he offered an internal organ, but I can't remember what he got in return. I will have to assume it's the demon sword.

Pandadice
Mon, 12-14-2009, 02:54 AM
so any idea on how long gg'll be stalled, or should i just go ahead and grab Koharubi's release?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-14-2009, 03:35 AM
gg's (new) translater will resume the project after Dec 18th.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 12-18-2009, 07:26 PM
episode 11... can't acess Tokyothoso, so I can't post the link (Marik?)
anyway, 3 minute monologue of explaining everything that was obvious, just to make sure no one thinks Luke is a bad person.
why bother getting everyone to the conference if all you're gonna do is discuss someone's love life? don't all you high-ups have anything better to do?

other than that, boobily makes another step towards being less of an ass (and more of a tits)

Marik
Fri, 12-18-2009, 08:01 PM
episode 11... can't acess Tokyothoso, so I can't post the link (Marik?)
Hrmm, this is the only 11 I see.

[Amber] The Sacred Blacksmith 11 [480p] [B6F55844].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=103650)

Marik
Sat, 12-19-2009, 02:05 PM
[ (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=104681)Amber] The Sacred Blacksmith 12 END [480p] [5C875369].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=104681)

Archangel
Sat, 12-19-2009, 02:32 PM
END??? Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu !! :( :( :(

Penner
Sat, 12-19-2009, 02:52 PM
what the hell? its only 12 eps? i think i'll skip the ones i have left to watch and drop this now.

I hate it when shows are this short, they should make some rule that the minimum a show can get is like 50 eps. 12 is just a tease, theres no way u can properly establish background/story/characters in that amount of time, and way too short to get people to even "care" about the characters.

Logrus
Sat, 12-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Havent seen it yet but it miight just have been a test run and they are taking a break?

Death BOO Z
Sat, 12-19-2009, 06:43 PM
really, really, not worth it.
maybe, if they've dropped all the useless padding (half the characters, basically), we'd have enough time to make a series out of this.
but why bother, if you can throw loli at our faces?

best part in the episode : {sarcasm}

Skills don't matter!

I hate this shit, they deserved to be canceled (or what not).

the ED made it seem like they had plans for other stuff (concerning the princess of filler), but I guess we won't see any of it.

RyougaZell
Sun, 12-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Decent group to see the final episodes since GG is delaying them so much?
And somewhere to get the torrents now that tokyotosho is going through a moving...

Death BOO Z
Sun, 12-20-2009, 04:12 PM
it's fine, there's nothing that screams out wrong, the only problem is that they use "Lisa" with quotations to refer to the old Liza. other than that, they're good enough.

also. Manga (http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/5017)

we'll see how this one goes, in terms of releases, and maybe take it to the Manga forum.

Yukimura
Mon, 12-21-2009, 10:53 AM
GG drops officially (http://www.ggkthx.org/2009/12/20/blacksmith-dropped/)

From the comments here I'm not sure I want to bother spending the 40 min it would take to finish this off either.

RyougaZell
Mon, 12-21-2009, 12:23 PM
GG drops officially (http://www.ggkthx.org/2009/12/20/blacksmith-dropped/)

Amber it is then.
And if they are any good... I shall replace all of GG's versions. Guess its time to finally stop downloading from them.

EDIT:
Nevermind. It seems Amber its a group that just finished the series. Ah... Im too lazy to redownload all anyway. I'll keep this like this and archive it.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 12-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Wait....what?

They really did ruin a potential good anime. If the entire thing focused around Luke and the actual forging of a holy sword, that is. Good thing I didn't expect a thing from the show.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-22-2009, 12:18 AM
The art in the anime makes them a lot more child-like. Luke and Cecily look a lot more mature and cooler in it. Lisa looks more or less the same.

They started with a great premise and all, but it the end it was about Siegfried the madman. Whatever happened to Vanbanill or what's his face.

Oh well, time to move on.

Pandadice
Tue, 12-22-2009, 04:28 PM
mm I like the animation in the seires.

But I don't like the "we'll meet again!" open ended, sequel hinting, disappearing villain ending..

overall the series wasn't that great.. I don't think I'd watch a sequel or be recommending the series to anyone anytime soon <.<

RyougaZell
Wed, 12-23-2009, 05:50 PM
The series isn't as bad as some said here yes you who are reading this
But its definitely not a series you would remember after its ending. I doubt we'll get a sequel either.

Kraco
Wed, 01-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Finished this thing with Koharubis's subs (11 (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=31423) | 12 (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=31481)). Not really a series to remember. I'll have to think twice whether to archive this or not. I wouldn't otherwise, but if there's even a slim chance it gets a second season, I might regret it later. Well, I'll have to think about it.

As was said, this didn't conclude absolutely anything. But at least they developed the characters a bit to a point where they would be useful should the series continue (which it probably won't since I've a hard time seeing this a financial success). I was hoping Lisa would have transformed into a weapon herself for the last fight but I suppose her powers are limited to forging weapons, after all.

Quite a waste of time to be honest. The only good parts were in the first episodes when Luke still treated Cecily coldly.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 01-06-2010, 08:36 PM
I liked the romantic tension near the end with Cecily trying to understand Luke, while Luke was trying to do everything himself.

But overall I agree with Kraco that this was a waste of time. They could have done so much with this.

Archangel
Wed, 01-06-2010, 08:44 PM
I liked the romantic tension near the end with Cecily trying to understand Luke, while Luke was trying to do everything himself.

Queen's Blade has trained you well in finding the faint dim of light amidst the darkness

Buffalobiian
Wed, 01-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Queen's Blade has trained you well in finding the faint dim of light amidst the darkness

I've said this before. Queen's Blade had some decent plot and mystery by S2 that was a vast improvement. It kept you watching much the same way as 11eyes did. (it's bad but good at the same time.)

That's all I"ll say here in the Blacksmith thread.