PDA

View Full Version : TV: FlashForward

Munsu
Sat, 09-26-2009, 09:24 AM
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9492/flashforward5.jpg

New show on ABC, it's airing on Thursday nights @ 8pm. The crop of new drama shows this fall hasn't been good in my opinion, but of all the new drama shows this is the one that shows most promise. Watched the episode last night, and I thought it was a good one.

Anyone else watched it?

Here's a promo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XVeYwHJJq8&feature=related

Here's the first episode:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/97929/flashforward-no-more-good-days#s-p1-so-i0

What if you saw your future 6 months from now? A glimpse of where you will be and who you will be with. Would you look forward to what was coming...or would you try to stop it?

A mysterious global event causes everyone to black out simultaneously for two minutes and seventeen seconds, and each person sees a glimpse of their lives six months from now. When they wake up, everyone is left wondering if what they saw will actually happen.

Los Angeles FBI Agent Mark Benford (Joseph Fiennes) is desperate to uncover why this happened and who or what is behind it. And he's not the only one. Before long, everyone starts asking, "What did you see?" As Mark and his team struggle to figure out what caused this bizarre event, they begin to piece together the future by creating a huge database of people's flash forwards from all over the world - The Mosaic Collective. No one knows what these flash forwards mean or exactly what the future really holds. But it is clear that across the globe people who've never met will somehow be intimately connected and will have an impact on each other's lives in the next six months. Some will fear what's coming, others excited; but not a single person will be unaffected.

Adapting award-winning author Robert J. Sawyer's revolutionary novel, executive producers David S. Goyer (co-writer of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight), Brannon Braga (24, Star Trek: Enterprise), Marc Guggenheim (Brothers & Sisters, Eli Stone), Jessika Borszicky (Revelations) and producer Mark H. Ovitz (October Road) invite you to embark on a journey to answer the question, "if you knew what your future held, what would you do?"

http://abc.go.com/shows/flash-forward

Animeniax
Sat, 09-26-2009, 10:58 AM
I watched it, pretty interesting plot and storyline. I don't normally like these kinds of shows because they are too chaotic and people just do the dumbest stuff in full panic mode. But this show seems interesting and if handled correctly, has great potential. It's a bit of a human drama (how would you handle knowing your future) and a bit of scifi (the future prescience) and a bit of action/mystery (FBI investigation with the lone waker).

I'll keep watching it unless it gets too convoluted or people starting panicking and doing dumb stuff.

Penner
Sun, 09-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Watched the first ep last night, and i really liked it.

Very much looking forward to watching this show, and i hope they dont fuck it up somehow.

Assassin
Tue, 09-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Just saw the first ep myself...definately a very interesting beginning. I kndia wish it was more sci-fi and less fbi investigation (or atleast that the investigation was being conducted by a science team), but thats just my personal bias towards sci-fi shows and concepts.

A friend of mine put forward the theory that the blackout was caused my a merger of universes, which is something i found really interesting (hence my wish that this takes a more sci-fi route). What do you guys think was the cause?

Animeniax
Tue, 09-29-2009, 09:53 PM
I'd say government experiment led to the blackout. Or alien intervention. The multiple universes angle is also possible, though a bit too far into the realm of scifi for a prime time show that seems more geared toward drama. I think the show will deal more with the human side of knowing your own future, rather than the cause of the flash forward itself.

Assassin
Fri, 10-09-2009, 06:45 PM
So eps 2 and 3 are out..anyone keeping up?

Sapphire
Fri, 10-09-2009, 06:47 PM
I completed ep one but completely lost interest when I realized this would probably be just like Lost, which multiple plot twists and no real answer to the mystery, ever..

Assassin
Fri, 10-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Well, they have the 6 month deadline within the show, so there is some kind of 'end' or at least climax to the storyline (hopefully). Plus, the final scene of ep 3 seems to suggest a solid lead in explaining what happened.

Penner
Sat, 10-10-2009, 04:23 AM
Aye, still following this and still liking it ^^

The Mighty BamBam
Wed, 10-14-2009, 05:55 PM
I have been hearing so much about this show but havnt watched it yet. This week I am going to try and catch it to see if it lives up to its expectations. It sounds like an interesting Idea.

Assassin
Sun, 10-18-2009, 10:17 PM
It is an interesting idea, but the acting seems off. I just dont buy any of the characters or their reactions, it all seems so fake.

Also, can't say i didn't see the dad being involved, that was obvious from the start. Its good to see Charlie though, i've always liked him as an actor.

Killa-Eyez
Sat, 08-07-2010, 07:03 AM
So anyone still following this? I'm at ep 12 and it's still good. The lead character looks like an emo douche though, I don't like his eyebrows. The only characters I did like were Dimitri (Harold!!!), the black guy who killed himself to save the children and the intelligent one, Symco's colleage. Good actors.

Penner
Sat, 08-07-2010, 08:37 AM
I was following it until it got cancelled, then i kinda felt like "whats the point?" :P

Killa-Eyez
Sat, 08-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Got cancelled? Didn't know that... :confused: Bummer...