PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 558

Marik
Thu, 09-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Franky-House - MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gzznyjjnqnh) - SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/f1sj36) - One Manga (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/558/01)

Binktopia - Direct Download (http://dl02.mangashare.com/One_Piece_558%5BBinktopia%5D.zip) - Online Viewing (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-558/page001.html)

Munsu
Thu, 09-24-2009, 01:05 PM
Another cool chapter. At the end of the chapter I though that Luffy had hit his grandpa.

Marik
Thu, 09-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Yeah, it was another great chapter. I loved how everyone including Buggy, was surprised to hear that Luffy was Dragon's son. Hancock's reaction was my fave, with her not caring if he was the son of demons <3. I hope that Blackbeard shows up soon.

Assertn
Thu, 09-24-2009, 01:41 PM
I suppose this more or less confirms Kuma's affiliation with the revolutionaries

Archangel
Thu, 09-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Maybe he allowed himself to join the Shichibukai as a spy for the revolutionary army

Anyway it's awesome to see Luffy kicking that much ass in such a large scale battle, even though using gear three in the middle of war might not have been the best idea with the side-effects and all

And obviously the best part in all of this is that i still have no idea how this is gonna turn out

Munsu
Thu, 09-24-2009, 01:53 PM
I suppose this more or less confirms Kuma's affiliation with the revolutionaries
Question, should we assume that everyone is aware of there being different types of Kuma? Are all the Kumas really the same (like some sort of shared brain)? Would it be possible for one of them being affiliated with the revolutionaries while the others being against it?

Archangel
Thu, 09-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Question, should we assume that everyone is aware of there being different types of Kuma? Are all the Kumas really the same (like some sort of shared brain)? Would it be possible for one of them being affiliated with the revolutionaries while the others being against it?

No, because Kuma had to eliminate one of the PXs who was about to kill Luffy

The only one i would assume being in league with them would be the original, the one with the paw paw fruit

FireEmblem
Thu, 09-24-2009, 01:58 PM
What's going to happen next??? I can't even guess!

RyougaZell
Thu, 09-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Its going to be hilarious when Luffy becomes small at the beginning of next chapter.

RasenDori
Thu, 09-24-2009, 02:53 PM
It's chapters like this that make me love One Piece.

Is that even the same Kuma? He used a beam. I'm thinking its another one, and what was with that comment that he gave Luffy before sending him flying. "You will never see me again." I think this Kuma is a fake. Something was done with the Paw Paw one as punishmet for the Shabondy incident. At least that's how I see it.

Archangel
Thu, 09-24-2009, 02:58 PM
It's chapters like this that make me love One Piece.

Is that even the same Kuma? He used a beam. I'm thinking its another one, and what was with that comment that he gave Luffy before sending him flying. "You will never see me again." I think this Kuma is a fake. Something was done with the Paw Paw one as punishmet for the Shabondy incident. At least that's how I see it.

Nope, i considered that already

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-555/page007.html

He's the real thing

poopdeville
Thu, 09-24-2009, 03:05 PM
I wonder if Dragon is watching this on TV.

The PX Kuma's have laser cannons in their hands. The real Kuma has Paw Paw, and a laser cannon in his mouth.

Marik
Thu, 09-24-2009, 03:39 PM
it's awesome to see Luffy kicking that much ass in such a large scale battle
Yeah. I just wish that Mr. 2 was there along side him kicking ass as well. It's just too bad he had to stay behind. I wonder what's happening to him at Impel Down.

Archangel
Thu, 09-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah. I just wish that Mr. 2 was there along side him kicking ass as well. It's just too bad he had to stay behind. I wonder what's happening to him at Impel Down.

Well i love the character but i hope Oda doesn't try and weasel out of the situation by having him escape by some unseen means

Tyreal
Thu, 09-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Well i love the character but i hope Oda doesn't try and weasel out of the situation by having him escape by some unseen means

It's still more than possible that Mr. 2 survives. Remember Blackbeard is still at Impel Down.

6Zabuza9
Thu, 09-24-2009, 11:50 PM
The epicness almost make me shed a tear at the end of the chapter.

poopdeville
Fri, 09-25-2009, 01:02 PM
What's going to happen next??? I can't even guess!

Luffy is going to rescue Ace.

Blackbeard STILL hasn't shown up. He'll swoop in at the end and take out Whitebeard, or an Admiral.

If he's really ambitious, he'll be slowly spreading darkness over the battlefield (like, in the shadows, Shikamaru style) and eliminate the entire battle field.

FireEmblem
Fri, 09-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Well, there will obviously be some sort of resolution to the Ace problem by the time this is done, but HOW it will happen is what I can't guess. I don't think Luffy can just go on the platform and just untie Ace and take him home. Something needs to happen for the rescue to work out.

Also there's the matter of Sengoku's secret plan.

The Chancellor
Fri, 09-25-2009, 05:20 PM
He'll swoop in at the end and take out Whitebeard, or an Admiral.

Maybe. For all we know, he could be well on his way to the NW with a new crew member now. And what? Take out an admiral? I don't think even with his fruit he's that strong. Maybe Kizaru if only for literal natural enemies, but no one else.

Assertn
Fri, 09-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Everybody feels like they're sandbagging so far. There were more lasers flying around during the shabondy archipelago arc.

The Chancellor
Fri, 09-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Everybody feels like they're sandbagging so far. There were more lasers flying around during the shabondy archipelago arc. I agree but only half. If you're implying that people are being lazy with their powers then I disagree. If you're saying that everyone needs to be something more in general and just go more all out, then I agree.

joker-kun
Fri, 09-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Also there's the matter of Sengoku's secret plan.

Maybe Sengoku's plan involves Blackbeard. It's kind of odd that he has not mentioned anything about him being gone right after he was awarded the rank. Doubtful, but possible.

Archangel
Fri, 09-25-2009, 11:17 PM
Maybe Sengoku's plan involves Blackbeard. It's kind of odd that he has not mentioned anything about him being gone right after he was awarded the rank. Doubtful, but possible.

I'm not 100% sure but i think i recall sengoku complaining about how he didn't know where blackbeard was

poopdeville
Sat, 09-26-2009, 02:04 AM
It's worse than that, if Blackbeard is a part of Sengoku's plan. Sengoku knows where he was, anyway.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/542/03/

Assertn
Sat, 09-26-2009, 03:58 AM
I hope Blackbeard doesn't show up. That's just unnecessary.

The Chancellor
Sat, 09-26-2009, 12:28 PM
I hope Blackbeard doesn't show up. That's just unnecessary. How do you figure sports fan? I mean I agree he made his peace with ID and left so he shouldn't be showing up anytime again for a while. But I'm curious as to why you think that.

Assertn
Sat, 09-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Cause it would be more interesting if Blackbeard's plans were something beyond the war taking place.

Archangel
Sat, 09-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Cause it would be more interesting if Blackbeard's plans were something beyond the war taking place.
You know, i wouldn't be that surprised if this whole war was what Blackbeard had in mind all along when he captured Ace

I mean this is all going so conveniently for him, it can't all just be a coincidence right?

poopdeville
Sat, 09-26-2009, 12:59 PM
I don't see how. Luffy was his original target. On the other hand, circumstances change. And good strategists change their plans to fit the circumstance.

Blackbeard might not even want to show his face. Whitebeard will go out of his way to kill Blackbeard.

joker-kun
Sat, 09-26-2009, 01:38 PM

Like someone on the last page said, I would enjoy if BB just used this as his chance to run off to the New World. WB is fighting at Marineford, Kaidou and Shanks are fighting one another... maybe he'll just go kill the other one and take their spot as Yonkou, or just use this opportunity to take some territory for himself.

FireEmblem
Sat, 09-26-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm just wondering what the point of showing Blackbeard get owned by Magellan was. This means that Magellan will have to show up at Marineford. If not, then Oda could have just had Blackbeard beat Magellan.

That fight/match is something that intrigues me very much. Magellan floored Blackbeard and his crew, yet Ace lost to BB. Is it the difference in fighting experience or what? Is Magellans fruit just better suited to fight BB, because he absorbs everything, including the poison?

poopdeville
Sat, 09-26-2009, 04:29 PM
That fight/match is something that intrigues me very much. Magellan floored Blackbeard and his crew, yet Ace lost to BB. Is it the difference in fighting experience or what? Is Magellans fruit just better suited to fight BB, because he absorbs everything, including the poison?

Magellan was in a big hurry to capture the escapees. He basically told Blackbeard, "I don't have time to deal with this now" and immediately splattered him with goop. It was "almost" a surprise attack. You could almost see the look of "!" and "?" on Blackbeard's face.

On the other hand, Ace confronted Blackbeard. They had a chat about their powers. Ace gave Blackbeard a chance to fight at full strength.

Maybe Blackbeard "really" is stronger than Magellan, and maybe Ace is too. But the situations are too different to compare directly, I think.

For contrast, I don't think Magellan would necessarily be an effective force on the current battlefield.

Splash!
Sat, 09-26-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm just wondering what the point of showing Blackbeard get owned by Magellan was.

...only to get saved by Shiryuu later

I think the whole point of that was showing that Blackbeard is a bit of a lucky idiot (despite his ambitious and thought out plans), much like Luffy. Blackbeard could have easily beaten Magellan if he had been more careful. Either way, fortune smiles on him and thats not good news for his enemies.

Archangel
Sat, 09-26-2009, 05:52 PM
...only to get saved by Shiryuu later

I think the whole point of that was showing that Blackbeard is a bit of a lucky idiot (despite his ambitious and thought out plans), much like Luffy. Blackbeard could have easily beaten Magellan if he had been more careful. Either way, fortune smiles on him and thats not good news for his enemies.

He possesses the will of D after all

If i had to guess i'd say that the final boss to Luffy's dream is either gonna be Blackbeard or Shanks himself

Carnage
Sat, 09-26-2009, 09:19 PM
He possesses the will of D after all

If i had to guess i'd say that the final boss to Luffy's dream is either gonna be Blackbeard or Shanks himself

No the final boss will be the mountain bandit from chapter 1. Feel it in your bones, you know it to be true.

Archangel
Sat, 09-26-2009, 10:20 PM
I considered it, but then i remember he was eaten (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/40/)

But wait... he lived inside the sea kings stomach for 2 years while feeding on shanks arm and as so gaining his powers... after that he rose to fame in the shadows as Dragon's second in command and now awaits the time when he will be able to strike his foes and become King of the Bandits

poopdeville
Sun, 09-27-2009, 03:56 PM
@Arch: You mentioned you think Sanji is going to learn Okama Kempo on Kamakura Island in the Ep 419 thread. But, why? He fought with Mr 2 and they were pretty evenly matched. On the other hand, I saw some of the okama in the anime using something very similar to "death wink". That could be a seriously powerful tool for Sanji, especially since he has that distinctive curly eyebrow.

Also, what's your theory about Chopper's powerup?

Archangel
Sun, 09-27-2009, 04:11 PM
@Arch: You mentioned you think Sanji is going to learn Okama Kempo on Kamakura Island in the Ep 419 thread. But, why? He fought with Mr 2 and they were pretty evenly matched. On the other hand, I saw some of the okama in the anime using something very similar to "death wink". That could be a seriously powerful tool for Sanji, especially since he has that distinctive curly eyebrow.

Also, what's your theory about Chopper's powerup?

I said combine, as in getting the best out of both styles. And i wouldn't consider Death Wink to be a okama technique, more like something he came up with himself as a derivative of the hormone fruit

As for my other theory i was referring to the newly discovered "awakened zoan type". It might be a bit of a stretch, but by going back to mother nature it may be possible for him to control that state which i would assume is something between his normal form and monster point.