PDA

View Full Version : Game: Dungeon Fighter Online

Idealistic
Wed, 09-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Has anyone heard of this? If you enjoy old school arcade beatemups, along with some mmorpgish elements, you'll probably enjoy this game.

It's from Nexon, f2p game. http://dungeonfighter.nexon.net/

You guys are probably like, damn, another grindy Korean MMO right? Yes and no. There is some grind to it, though it's not as bad so far. But what makes it fun is that it plays like an old school arcade beatemup! So it's hardly a grind at all. And you can also use your own controller for the game.

Here's a gameplay vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwZaNgkYKMg

Also, they did a good job with the classes and you get lots of different abilities to play around with and perform combos with them while your in the dungeons or PvPing. PvP is really fun as well. They have PvP tournaments in Korean for this game, that's how good it is!

Open beta began yesterday so go download it!!!!!!!

Oh and the soundtrack to this game rocks!

KrayZ33
Thu, 09-24-2009, 01:58 PM
this looks pretty cool..actually

might try it out

animus
Thu, 09-24-2009, 11:32 PM
Pretty fun so far, have a level 11 gunner.

The fatigue points is fucking ridiculous.

Archangel
Fri, 09-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Reminds me of conquer online

animus
Fri, 10-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Anyone still playing? I've got a 25 Ranger now. It's fun, but the grind is ridiculous. I loved me some old school Streets of Rage, and I've always been a fan of sidescrolling beat'em ups.

KrayZ33
Fri, 10-02-2009, 03:52 PM
downloading the game now... lets see

I'm going to be a fighter/brawler
or a male mage, if that's possible

animus
Fri, 10-02-2009, 04:17 PM
No male mages. Though in the korean/japanese versions who're ahead, there's a female gunner and a thief (who is female).

KrayZ33
Fri, 10-02-2009, 04:24 PM
uhm, how do I play the game, I get an error message, something like AHNS HSUpdate Fail.

and the DFOLauncher.exe closes automatically, after starting it and confirming the message "This is Neople Launcher for Game"

edit: HURRR this shit is US only. racist!

bagandscalpel
Fri, 10-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I've heard about this game from other sources, and am considering it solely due to the beat'em up aspect.

Now, hotkeys aside, is there controller support for the game?

animus
Fri, 10-02-2009, 06:37 PM
There is, but not for the US Open Beta release (which it is atm), hopefully there will be support soon.