PDA

View Full Version : Dattebayo is back to business

antiravage
Thu, 09-17-2009, 05:41 PM
http://dattebayo.com/pr/122
http://www.takafansubs.com/?p=news&id=62
It seems like they merged with taka and will sub Naruto again, I hope that means we’re getting faster releases like when they were still subbing.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 09-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Troll much?

Firstly, what happened to DB's stand on not subbing Naruto?

Secondly, 1080p @ 170MB? I don't think so.

Thirdly, Naruto doesn't even air this week.

Marik
Thu, 09-17-2009, 08:58 PM
9/17 - no ep.
9/24 - eps 127 & 128 1 hour Jiraiya Special
10/1 - no ep
10/8 - eps 129 & 130 another 1 hour Jiraiya Special

Buffalobiian
Thu, 09-17-2009, 09:10 PM
2 Jiraiya specials? Who's got the stamina for that? Now he's definitely going to die.

Archangel
Thu, 09-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Seriously, nobody is this retarded

I'm willing to bet that antiravage is a DB member desperately trying to make people fall for this shit

Kinda sad when you think about it

arondruiz
Thu, 09-17-2009, 10:03 PM

I'm willing to bet that antiravage is a DB member desperately trying to make people fall for this shit

Trust me, a lot of people really are that stupid. There were thousands of people who fell for every single one of DB's trolls back in the day.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 09-17-2009, 10:24 PM

I don't really care that DB are doing it, but if this trend continues, taka will be the new DB, which is unfortunate.

Uberbaka
Thu, 09-17-2009, 10:39 PM
After a good 6 years of seeing subbing groups come and go for Naruto I couldn't really care less.

Archangel
Thu, 09-17-2009, 10:53 PM
After a good 6 years of seeing subbing groups come and go for Naruto I couldn't really care less.

You care so little you insisted on coming here and posting how little you cared?

I'm changing my stance on this, i also don't care

DarthEnderX
Thu, 09-17-2009, 11:16 PM
I care SO FUCKING HARD!!

The1LittleMchale
Fri, 09-18-2009, 01:14 AM
I agree with Darth... this is so fucking important

Archangel
Fri, 09-18-2009, 02:44 AM
The epic retardness of this thread is luring old and new members alike

ASSpirine
Fri, 09-18-2009, 04:15 AM
Don't understand that someone from Taka is playing along with this...
As susual, many many people will fall for this troll

Sapphire
Fri, 09-18-2009, 06:41 AM
What, is Shippuden suddenly worth watching now? (Just wondering)

Marik
Fri, 09-18-2009, 06:48 AM
I'd say yes. The last few episodes have been great.

antiravage
Fri, 09-18-2009, 08:55 AM

Dude, some taka members already confirmed it was true, and taka never trolled before, they have no reason to. Anyway, it’s obvious that the file is fake, but the news is the real deal, and I’m waiting for you to admit next week, in case db does return, that you’re the retarded one.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 09-18-2009, 09:22 AM
Dude, some taka members already confirmed it was true, and taka never trolled before, they have no reason to. Anyway, it’s obvious that the file is fake, but the news is the real deal, and I’m waiting for you to admit next week, in case db does return, that you’re the retarded one.

My stance is still "I'll believe it when I see it."

It still makes no sense for DB to absorb Taka. If they're directly involved with directly subbing Naruto, then they'll add to their reputation of eating their words. After such a serious statement previously, you really can't take anything DB says for real. If that's the image they want from the community, then good for them.

On the other hand, if DB wants to keep their stance regarding the matter, then what does absorbing Taka do for them other than all the potentially bad talk they'd get.

I don't get why Taka would join them neither. They've been doing pretty well by themselves. Video quality's good, and albeit slower, they're definitely subbing better than DB ever did. Only reason I can think of is if they're that desperately low on staff.

Talking about staff, did you know gg's absorbing...like everybody?
http://www.ggkthx.org/2009/09/13/updated-fall-09-announcements/

Meanwhile, the former recent bigshots like Shinsen and m.3.3.w are quite low on the activity scale.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 09-18-2009, 10:18 AM
The real joke is that Taka was actually just DB members using different names all along!

Dude, some taka members already confirmed it was true, and taka never trolled before, they have no reason to. Anyway, it’s obvious that the file is fake, but the news is the real deal, and I’m waiting for you to admit next week, in case db does return, that you’re the retarded one.Even if that did happen, you still fell for the fake episode when there wasn't even an episode out this week. So I guess you'd BOTH be the retarded one then.

TNTxTNT
Fri, 09-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Well I downloaded to check, sometimes their troll videos can be amusing. This is what it was:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM4JzgZdkt4

Kraco
Fri, 09-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Well I downloaded to check, sometimes their troll videos can be amusing. This is what it was:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM4JzgZdkt4

If nothing else, at least it had more action than an average Naruto episode.

poopdeville
Fri, 09-18-2009, 11:01 AM
My stance is still "I'll believe it when I see it."

Funny, Dattebayo's stance has always been "Believe it!"

DarthEnderX
Fri, 09-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Is it really a stance? Or just the localization of their name? :p

Penner
Fri, 09-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Yah, ive never watched the english dubbed version of Naruto but doesnt he say "Believe it!" instead of "Dattebayo" at the end of his sentences?

Sapphire
Fri, 09-18-2009, 12:10 PM
I'd say yes. The last few episodes have been great.
Great "great for shippuden" great, or great actually great?

Penner
Fri, 09-18-2009, 12:22 PM
They have actually been good, not Chuunin exams good but pretty much on par with regular Naruto good, way above the quality you would usually expect from (most of the) Shippuuden episodes.

Archangel
Fri, 09-18-2009, 01:45 PM
They still suck compared to the manga Sapphy

KrayZ33
Fri, 09-18-2009, 01:54 PM

I'd say that 99% of the people who download it do it on purpose...
I dled a few too back then because it was interessting to see what it really is

one troll was the first episode of "5cm per second" for example.
and another one was a "resubbed" version which was really funny too.

ASSpirine
Fri, 09-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Shippuuden became great again from the moment they aired Kakashi Gaiden. After that it had been basically good every episode.

But the Hidan/Kakuzu fights were also great. They finally learned from their mistakes I think.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 09-18-2009, 06:53 PM
But the Hidan/Kakuzu fights were also great. They finally learned from their mistakes I think.

Don't remind me. All that "all new Naruto" stuff with him using clones properly lasted for all of one episode.

When they told him he couldn't use Rasen Shuriken anymore, he just dropped everything he learned.

Pandadice
Fri, 09-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Talking about staff, did you know gg's absorbing...like everybody?
http://www.ggkthx.org/2009/09/13/updated-fall-09-announcements/

is that all legit? i knew they were monopolizing on like all the series this past season, but now they're monopolizing all the fansub groups O_o.

after all that all that's gonna be left are those low-quality freshman sub groups who only ever sub one show, one season, and then fall apart :\.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 09-18-2009, 10:11 PM
is that all legit? i knew they were monopolizing on like all the series this past season, but now they're monopolizing all the fansub groups O_o.

after all that all that's gonna be left are those low-quality freshman sub groups who only ever sub one show, one season, and then fall apart :\.

Is that legit you ask?

God knows. Nah, not him even.

gg enjoys trolling just as much as DB. While DB does it in their obvious, annoying, overused-but-still-effective way, gg trolls in their own weird tastes.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 09-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Yah, ive never watched the english dubbed version of Naruto but doesnt he say "Believe it!" instead of "Dattebayo" at the end of his sentences?In the beginning, yeah. Eventually they kinda stopped doing it though because they realized how stupid it sounded in English having him say "Believe it!" every couple minutes.

Archangel
Sat, 09-19-2009, 10:40 PM
In the beginning, yeah. Eventually they kinda stopped doing it though because they realized how stupid it sounded in English having him say "Believe it!" every couple minutes.

I wonder if the -bayo gets annoying for the japanese too. Personally i rarely notice it anymore but then again i focus more on the subtitles then the voice acting

Sapphire
Sat, 09-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Probably not any worse than the frequent "desu"s in Rozen Maiden

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Does Dattebayo actually translate to "believe it", or is it something completely different, maybe even meaningless?

Archangel
Sat, 09-19-2009, 11:47 PM
Does Dattebayo actually translate to "believe it", or is it something completely different, maybe even meaningless?

It's as meaningless as the character who's shouting it every 5 seconds

AngryGumball
Mon, 09-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Shippuuden became great again from the moment they aired Kakashi Gaiden. After that it had been basically good every episode.

Ok I'll ask since I pop in an out(downloading) of naruto lately....which shippuden episodes were the kakashi gaiden in? Or am I not understanding what this guy is saying?

Edit: guess i'll ask here to since I asked in Queen's blade gen discussion thread....Anyone have a guess which groups either horrible or taka is flagging me thru charter cable such that charter is threatening to ban me for bittorrrenting naruto now.

ASSpirine
Mon, 09-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Ok I'll ask since I pop in an out(downloading) of naruto lately....which shippuden episodes were the kakashi gaiden in? Or am I not understanding what this guy is saying?

Edit: guess i'll ask here to since I asked in Queen's blade gen discussion thread....Anyone have a guess which groups either horrible or taka is flagging me thru charter cable such that charter is threatening to ban me for bittorrrenting naruto now.

This guy is saying, episode 119-120 (hour special) for Kakashi Gaiden ;)
Really worth the trouble of downloading, and for your other question. I'm sorry, don't know.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-21-2009, 07:11 PM

Anime subbing groups don't flag you, the copyright holder does. Was it an old or new episode? Which tracker was it from?

sairane
Wed, 09-23-2009, 03:01 AM
I think DB and taka are having a competition for most recorded downloads of the torrent for the troll. Although i have no idea if said counters are editable... honour among trolls?

The1LittleMchale
Thu, 09-24-2009, 05:13 PM

I believe it has no direct translation... It is just meant to add great emphasis on what he says.

For example, if he says "I'm gonna beat you" but adds "dattebayo" to it. It becomes something more along the lines of "I'm gonna punch through your gut, rip out your hard shit filled intestines, tie them into nun chucks and beat you to death with them" (Slight exaggeration)

And pardon my French (AKA homosexuality)

poopdeville
Sun, 09-27-2009, 08:24 PM
The young Naruto was supposed to be understood as an uneducated and dumb ninja.

There is no one word "dattebayo". It is just "datte" with the '-bayo' suffix. Sometimes Naruto would ask, "Nandattebayo?!", which is just "nanda" with the '-ttebayo' suffix. You're best off thinking of it as a plain superlative, like LittleMchale said.

This sort of thing has a root in poetry (adding nonsense but superlative or negative sounding syllables to fit a rhythm). Supposedly, the lower class Yakuza members go around saying -ttebayo all the time now.

I wonder if the -bayo gets annoying for the japanese too. Personally i rarely notice it anymore but then again i focus more on the subtitles then the voice acting

He doesn't do it anymore.