PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 464

Marik
Thu, 09-17-2009, 06:27 AM
SleepyFans - SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/wwttxe) - MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ydxmzktdwdu) - One Manga (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/464/01)

Death BOO Z
Thu, 09-17-2009, 06:42 AM
"Naruto, I'm more special than you"
"Gaara, my absolute defense is more absolute than yours..."

next time, in "NARUTO (although it can be called SASUKE)", Sasuke confronts Tsunade: "My cleavage is bigger than yours!".

maybe we can have a scene shift next time? maybe some filler about Sakura and Ino arranging flowers? anything other than this, please...

poopdeville
Thu, 09-17-2009, 06:44 AM
Sasuke looks happy that he gets to finally fight Gaara.

Kankuro is using Sasori.

I think Karin is starting to figure out that Sasuke is a sorry sack of crap, like Gaara just did.

RasenDori
Thu, 09-17-2009, 07:19 AM
I'm glad Gaara didn't pull a Naruto in this situation. Naruto's gotta learn that same composure in other to become a good Hokage.

And, wow. The Raikage and Darui just get cooler and cooler each chapter; although it seems that Shi is just a support ninja. It's a wonder Kishimoto didn't make him a female.

I figured that Kankurou would stop using Sasori's hand me downs after that ass kicking he got, but to use Sasori him self. That's funny.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 09-17-2009, 09:29 AM
I was listening to The Gathering's "Sand & Mercury", very coincidentally, while reading this chapter. They worked so well together to enhance each other's emo xD.

Psyke
Thu, 09-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Sasuke's really pulling eveything out since he's "special". As for the Raikage, I initially thought "no worries he'll just grow it back" but that's a different manga......

RyougaZell
Thu, 09-17-2009, 10:26 AM
He cut his own left arm. Then why is he getting his right slump healed on page 7?

FireEmblem
Thu, 09-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Why didn't the raikage just remove that piece of metal from his arm and then cut his hand off instead?

I'm willing to bet that there's a way for him to get his arm back...

The Chancellor
Thu, 09-17-2009, 05:33 PM
This was actually a simple really well done chapter. I liked it. @RZ, yeah I was scratching me head about that too. Maybe just a perspective slip up.

Is it just me, or does Sasuke amateratsu protect him like Gaaras sand does? Then again his eye was open and he was looking straight up at the Raikage coming down on him. So it could be either but if it is him controlling it then I think he's passed his brother in mastering it.

I was really impressed by the way Kankuro helped the samurai out. At first I was confused about what was actually happening there but then it got made clear after you saw the samurai without his gear. Looks like normal wind currents can't help extinguish the flame.

RasenDori
Thu, 09-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Why didn't the raikage just remove that piece of metal from his arm and then cut his hand off instead?

I'm willing to bet that there's a way for him to get his arm back...

Because to cut it off requires that he touch it with his other hand. Also some of the flames were on his hand as well. It was a goner. I really do hope Shi has some hax move that will grow it back. Raikage's too cool to lose a hand to a punk like Sasuke.

EDIT:
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/464/13/
When did Kankurou become a cloud ninja? Looks like an assistant fucked up.

Pastor Cookies
Thu, 09-17-2009, 08:26 PM
This Chapter was greatness! Enton kagustuchi, Gaara, tear drop, triple triad + 1 attack, black susanoo, this list goes on. Sasuke turning his flames into spikes was unexpected. I wasn't expecting him to evolve this much from this fight. He went from a junior bacon cheseburger, to a fudrucker sandwich in two fights.

UChessmaster
Thu, 09-17-2009, 08:32 PM

uhmmm wheres the mistake?

EDIT: oh yeah! i see it now :P

FireEmblem
Thu, 09-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Because to cut it off requires that he touch it with his other hand. Also some of the flames were on his hand as well. It was a goner. I really do hope Shi has some hax move that will grow it back. Raikage's too cool to lose a hand to a punk like Sasuke.

EDIT:

I know his hand was on fire, that's why I said he could have just cut his hand off. Oh well.

It wouldn't surprise me if they could regrow it back. We've seen medical ninjutsu regrow tissue before (Neji) and when Jiraya's arm was cut off he didn't seem to be panicking too much.

Rikudo
Thu, 09-17-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm predicting that Gaara will finally get kill this time while protecting Kankuro and Temari. He got away last time but if they can kill Jiraiya off why not Gaara.

Carnage
Thu, 09-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Sasuke's really pulling eveything out since he's "special". As for the Raikage, I initially thought "no worries he'll just grow it back" but that's a different manga......

I see what you did there. ;)

Sidnne
Thu, 09-17-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm predicting that Gaara will finally get kill this time while protecting Kankuro and Temari. He got away last time but if they can kill Jiraiya off why not Gaara.

Because Gaara is part of the generation that the story is centered around. Jiraiya represented an old generation that has been dying off in order to pass the torch on to this new one.

Besides, it doesn't make much sense for Kishi to go through all that trouble of saving and having someone sacrifice their own life for him if he is just going to die again the next time he makes an appearance.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 09-17-2009, 10:19 PM
i knew gaara was gonna get involved... I just got lucky guessing he would save sasuke though.

Just cause its not naruto the one playing lead badass right now doesnt mean these are bad chapters. Im loving the story right now even though its predictable that sasuke cant die here and hes gonna face naruto in the ultimate showcase showdown.

Im thinking this susanoo is the last of the power ups we'll see from sasuke until the Pay per view.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 09-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Gaara didn't save Sasuke. He saved the Raikage. He even explained it himself.

He would have still done it though if Sasuke was going to die, just to try out if he has the Naruto talent in him (which he apparently doesn't since emo against emo doesn't work). Maybe he is considering starring in his own shounen manga.

Archangel
Thu, 09-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Lets stop addressing Sasuke as emo ( even if only because the word is annoying ) and use a more proper adjective, asshole

He's a cunt, a jerk, a fag, a tool, a wannabe anti-hero with no redeeming qualities who only persists to this day thanks to the man-love kishi has on him since day 1

I don't care if he's possessed by the Venus Flytrap or whatever it is, he's a villain that stopped being interesting 200 chapters ago and needs to be killed already to leave room to the true big bad in this manga, Naruto's mom.

Yes, i'm calling it right here ( sure the theory is retarded but at least it would make this interesting to read again amirite? )

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 09-18-2009, 02:38 PM
It's not so ridiculous at all. One series actually pulled that off quite nicely. NOBODY saw that one coming. Cookies to whoever remembers which one.

Archangel
Fri, 09-18-2009, 02:43 PM
It's not so ridiculous at all. One series actually pulled that off quite nicely. NOBODY saw that one coming. Cookies to whoever remembers which one.

... Alias?

shinta|hikari
Fri, 09-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Code Geass R2, but no, they did not pull that off nicely either. It was rather random, even if I was one of the few people that called it a while before it happened.

Archangel
Fri, 09-18-2009, 07:37 PM
You called it?? O_o

I demand posts as proof

shinta|hikari
Fri, 09-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Proof (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=395708&postcount=1396)
How I called it and why I thought it sucked (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=396075&postcount=1410)

Strange that the link doesn't directly go to the post, but you can simply read my posts in that thread to see them.

Archangel
Fri, 09-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Oh i thought you meant you called her not being dead and surviving through geass

shinta|hikari
Fri, 09-18-2009, 07:56 PM
I called that too, but I think someone did that before I did so credit goes to them.

Proof since you may ask for it (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=395412&postcount=1340)

Pastor Cookies
Fri, 09-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Im thinking this susanoo is the last of the power ups we'll see from sasuke until the Pay per view.

If he fights against Kabuto he may yet again evolve some more. But with both the Leaf and Danzo after Kabuto I doubt we'll ever see that match up.

I was thinking that Sasuke has yet to develope his own personalized mangekyou techniques. Madara stated that Itachi gave him his own techinques but should'nt Sasuke aquire his own techs since his eyes are supose to 'surpass Itachi's. We've seen him add his own creativity to Amaterstu making it more useful but its still not his move originally.

samsonlonghair
Sun, 09-20-2009, 09:08 PM
This is an awesome chapter. I love the panel work on page fourteen (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/464/14-15/). That's a very cool off-centered two page spread. There were a number of small mistakes like Raikage's arm, and Kankuro's headband, but that spread rocks. The placement of the panels is very dynamic.

Maybe there's a new artist assisting Kishimoto. That would explain the perspective slip-ups, and give Kishimoto time to work on that spread.

Edit: By the way, Binktopia's version is here (http://dl02.mangashare.com/Naruto_464%5BBinktopia%5D.zip)

Pastor Cookies
Sun, 09-20-2009, 09:51 PM
I just thought of something. Sasuke is probably gonna have Susanoo's spirt sword and sheild in the next chapter. That would be insane! Thanks Samsonlonghair for Binktopia's version as well!

Spaceaprion
Sun, 09-20-2009, 09:58 PM
I think its a bit premature to write Sasuke off as a two dimensional villain. The transformation from helping Akatsuki for his own purposes to blindly following orders from Madara is too sudden and unexplained. Whether he's being controlled as some people have suggested, or it goes further back, to some plan based on info he might have gotten from Itachi in his dying moment. There has to be a reason beyond what Madara has told Naruto.

Even if this turns out to be untrue, his character is still more dimensional than Raikage. Talk about a thin personality, the dude's a playing card!

Pastor Cookies
Sun, 09-20-2009, 10:08 PM
I agree completely. Sasuke is using Madara just like he used Orochimaru, but Madara in my opinion is a lot more cautious than Oro was.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 09-21-2009, 01:46 AM
Even if this turns out to be untrue, his character is still more dimensional than Raikage. Talk about a thin personality, the dude's a playing card!

idk why really... theres just something that makes me want him on my team.

...other than the fact he cuts through amaterasu.

enkoujin
Mon, 09-21-2009, 02:11 AM
I guess a lot of people here were "shocked" to see the Raikage "on fire".

Is it just me, or does Sasuke amateratsu protect him like Gaaras sand does? Then again his eye was open and he was looking straight up at the Raikage coming down on him. So it could be either but if it is him controlling it then I think he's passed his brother in mastering it.

Yeah, Sasuke's just using Amaterasu, not as a shield, but more of a film (medium, layer, etc.) at that time to inflict more damage on the Raikage even though his Susanoo looked premature then. His current Susanoo now just seems to be wrapped around in Amaterasu flames, which might prove to be advantageous now. If anyone's noticed, but in the last chapter on page 7, one of Susanoo's premature ribs broke off, which may imply that Sasuke's Susanoo at that time was not as absolute as it is now reinforced with the flames.

shinta|hikari is right, Gaara did save the Raikage, not Sasuke. Amaterasu is not much of a defensive technique against the Raikage. Even though the flames are claimed to be "hotter than the sun", it is not like a person cannot bypass through the flames because the compisition of fire is [thermal] energy, not matter. Between a fire and a brick wall, you can throw a fist through a fire and go through it, but you cannot do so easily with a brick wall (although one might say that the body's natural response to stimuli may perform a reflex back, preventing you from proceeding with the follow-up).

samsonlonghair
Mon, 09-21-2009, 08:12 AM
I just thought of something. Sasuke is probably gonna have Susanoo's spirt sword and sheild in the next chapter. That would be insane! Thanks Samsonlonghair for Binktopia's version as well!

Thereby completing surpassing Itachi. I think that's what this fight is about: showing us that Sasuke is now stronger than Itachi was.

Assertn
Mon, 09-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Still waiting for tsukuyomi

Tyreal
Tue, 09-22-2009, 12:17 AM
Still waiting for tsukuyomi

He already used it on a nameless Ninja when Hawk was looking for the 8-tails.

See: http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/408/03/

Archangel
Tue, 09-22-2009, 12:44 AM
He already used it on a nameless Ninja when Hawk was looking for the 8-tails.

See: http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/408/03/

That was jedi mind control, not tsukuyomi.

This is tsukuyomi (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/413/09/)

Pastor Cookies
Tue, 09-22-2009, 03:27 AM
Too bad tsukuyomi is useless against Bijuu host though. i was thinking he was gonna use tsukuyomi on the raikage but they saying the Raikage is too fast for the sharingan. Forget about speed! What happened to making eye contact with your opponent!

Sasuke could've use it here http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/463/01/ but i fight would'nt been as awesome as its been up to this point. he'll try and pull it off against Naruto but by that time Naruto will probably already caught on to how to counter it if and when he meets up with the eight tails.

Thereby completing surpassing Itachi. I think that's what this fight is about: showing us that Sasuke is now stronger than Itachi was.

I see it as gauge of surpassing Nagato in Madara's eyes. But then again he has been using and modifying Itachi's hand my downs with the exception of tsukuyomi. This is also why I think he might develope his own mangekyou techinques showing that his eyes have truly evolved past the point of Itachi's therby surpassing him. Not only in technique usage but he also seems to be showing just how much stamina he has with his chakra levels. Hes been using his Mangekyou for along time now!

FireEmblem
Thu, 09-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Wasn't Itachi just toying with Sasuke? How can we gauge how much stronger than Itachi he is when we've never seen Itachi fighting seriously?

I'm just saying. Because Itachi "lost" to Sasuke before he had all of these Mangekyou techniques and Madara said everything was planned by Itachi. If Sasuke beat Itachi without Mangekyou, then Itachi is garbage in comparison. Taking that and the fact that Itachi DIED on his own from some "disease" I think it's fair to say that we've NEVER seen what Itachi can actually do.

You also have to keep in mind that Itachi was keeping Madara in check. Madara needed Itachi out of the way, that much is obvious, but logically speaking, wouldn't he just have done it himself if he could?

Pastor Cookies
Thu, 09-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Itachi was just toying with Sasuke throughout the fight but what some of us are saying is from what we've seen already that Sasuke has surpassed Itachi when it comes to using the mangekyou techiques. IMO I still think Itachi is stronger than Sasuke even now.