PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Penner
Sun, 09-13-2009, 04:48 AM
The fourth installment in the Pirates of the Caribbean series just got a title.

Here's a little more info (http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/15124/fourth-pirates-gets-a-title)

Sure 2011 is far far away but i'm still psyched because damn how i love these movies.

And if the rumors of Keira and Orlando not returning are true, im even more psyched.

Sapphire
Sun, 09-13-2009, 07:07 AM
THERE'S MORE???????

Wow, I sort of lost track of the storyline during the third movie.. It was probably the most convoluted movie I've ever seen in my life.. I wonder if I should bother with the fourth?

Animeniax
Sun, 09-13-2009, 07:59 AM
After the 2nd movie, I didn't bother seeing the 3rd. I won't see the 4th unless I've seen the 3rd first.

@Penner: You'd rather Keira wasn't in the movie? I don't like it when they change actors/actresses for roles. It'd be like using someone besides Carrie Fisher for Leia in RotJ.

Penner
Sun, 09-13-2009, 09:31 AM
From what i've read/heard neither Keiras nor Orlandos characters are coming back in the 4th movie, wich i find great because they are the ones that i liked the least and annoyed me the most, sure Keira was very nice as eyecandy but thats not enough.

And the ONLY thing ive ever liked Orlando as was Legolas.

If their characters do appear in the 4th movie i would ofcourse want them to return.
Switching actors but keeping the characters is one of the lamest things ever. ^_^

Logrus
Sun, 09-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Well heres a shootdown.

I read somewhere that Zac Efron is going to be on that movie. So i guess that makes Pirates of the ~ dead to me

Animeniax
Sun, 09-13-2009, 11:58 AM
From what i've read/heard neither Keiras nor Orlandos characters are coming back in the 4th movie, wich i find great because they are the ones that i liked the least and annoyed me the most, sure Keira was very nice as eyecandy but thats not enough.

And the ONLY thing ive ever liked Orlando as was Legolas.

If their characters do appear in the 4th movie i would ofcourse want them to return.
Switching actors but keeping the characters is one of the lamest things ever. ^_^
oic, so it'd be Captain Jack Sparrow and a new cast of supporting characters? I wonder if that's better or worse.

Well heres a shootdown.

I read somewhere that Zac Efron is going to be on that movie. So i guess that makes Pirates of the ~ dead to me
As much as I don't want to hate on the guy just for making the most of what little life has given him, I have to say Efron is one of the more obnoxious teenage "heartthrobs" in recent history.

Penner
Sun, 09-13-2009, 01:01 PM
I seem to recall reading something a while back that while Orlando and Keira wont be returning, Barbossa (and his crew i think) would be.

And Barbossa is just too awesome not to have in the movie, seriously, hes like the spitting image of what a pirate is, the way he talks in true 'Arrr' fasion and everything, simply awesome ^_^

None of this is probably 100% confirmed yet but im guessing its true to some degree (i should have remembered the source where i read this stuff but i didnt think of that at the time O.o)

Logrus
Sun, 09-13-2009, 02:29 PM
I actually like these movies one of my favorite actually. And yeah Barbossa is a great add to them but if i see Zac Efron there i just might snap. Wish to god he commands a bus or train into him

Animeniax
Sun, 09-13-2009, 04:10 PM
If Efron is in the movie, he'll probably be covered in makeup and pirate clothes, like Depp, so you won't have to look at his pretty face.

Logrus
Sun, 09-13-2009, 05:02 PM
If Efron is in the movie, he'll probably be covered in makeup and pirate clothes, like Depp, so you won't have to look at his pretty face.
I wouldnt settle wiith anything less then a plastic bag over his head. Hopefully he might die in it also

darkshadow
Mon, 09-14-2009, 01:19 AM
What's with all the Efron hate, I liked him in 17 again. >_>

Penner
Mon, 09-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Its just one of those people you instinctively dislike and get annoyed by, like Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker... or Rosie Perez...or Rosie O'Donnel.. the list goes on.

Logrus
Mon, 09-14-2009, 02:45 PM
Its just one of those people you instinctively dislike and get annoyed by, like Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker... or Rosie Perez...or Rosie O'Donnel.. the list goes on.

Yeah that was a great answer. But i saw 17 again ( for 5 min until i noticed that efron was in it).
Really if he died i would host the worlds greatest party.
And i know for hating him so much im talking alot about him, so this is the last time i will mention him cuz i also consider it a jinx to say his name out loud.

Penner
Fri, 03-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Arrr, posters o'hoy!

(Click for bigger versions)

650 651 652 653 654

Killa-Eyez
Sun, 06-19-2011, 12:08 AM
Seen it, definitely the weaker of the 4 but never been a big fan of the movies. But for JD's performance only, it's worth it.