PDA

View Full Version : Religious Fanatic Kidnaps Airplane in Mexico 09/09/09

RyougaZell
Wed, 09-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Today a religious fanatic, from Bolivia, kidnapped an airplane after leaving Cancun and that was heading towards Mexico City.

104 passengers were kept kidnapped for over 45 minutes as the Kidnapper demanded to speak with President Calderon. He suddenly allowed them all to leave the airplane and he threatened to blow up the aircraft if he didn't speak with the president.

At the end the guy was captured and he revealed his 'holy message'. he said that today was the 9th day of the 9th month in the 9th year... 999... and that seeing the number upside down we got 666. He said he had a holy message from god to Mexico. That an earthquake was gonna happen soon.

Unbelivable...

Source (in spanish)
http://lta.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idLTASIE5881X620090909
A short source in english that doesn't have the full story
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread499859/pg1

At first we thought it was going to be something serious. The last time an airplane had been kidnapped in Mexico was back in 1972. In the end it was a fanatic amateur who makes us look at him incredously.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 09-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Poor messenger must have lost his way getting down to Earth. He's 2000 years late.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 09-10-2009, 12:23 AM
well, that still doesn't explain why he kidnapped the plain.
if the earthquake was going to be so bad, it would have messed up the airports and landing roads, and being stuck on the air would be twice as bad as being around when the earthquake hit.

someone should check if he tried gambling two years ago (7/7/7) because of the holy message.

Sapphire
Thu, 09-10-2009, 08:35 AM
I hope this doesn't give the US government an excuse to jack up security here..

Buffalobiian
Thu, 09-10-2009, 08:52 AM
I hope this doesn't give the US government an excuse to jack up security here..
Religious fanatic screening test? I don't think there's terribly much more the US can do to tighten up their security within reason anyway. Thinking about this, I think that while the guy's not right in the head, he's an example that not all plane hijackers have ill intent. They just want some attention.

Kraco
Thu, 09-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Thinking about this, I think that while the guy's not right in the head, he's an example that not all plane hijackers have ill intent. They just want some attention.

That doesn't mean anything, if not making it even worse. After all, the worst deeds in the human history have been made with the best of intentions. And there's little reasoning with a person who fervently thinks he's doing the right thing.

Sapphire
Thu, 09-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Religious fanatic screening test? I don't think there's terribly much more the US can do to tighten up their security within reason anyway. Thinking about this, I think that while the guy's not right in the head, he's an example that not all plane hijackers have ill intent. They just want some attention.US airport security is horrible, not even uniform, and somehow could probably get worse. They molest old ladies for no reason and randomly pick people to do a megasearch on based on name.

I'm still trying figure out how the government got away with banning liquids over three ounces on planes. (And a lot of TSA agents don't even know how big three ounces is and pick things to ban arbritrarily)

Kraco
Thu, 09-10-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm still trying figure out how the government got away with banning liquids over three ounces on planes.

Those liquid quantity restrictions are in effect over here as well, so it's not so strange.

dragonrage
Thu, 09-10-2009, 05:15 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/09/09/mexico.hijacking/index.html

^^^^^^ English source, if anyone was interested ^^^^^

TSA sucks arse, they are under trained and suck at random checks.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 09-10-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm still trying figure out how the government got away with banning liquids over three ounces on planes.

Why? That's one of the things that actually make sense.