PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 236

Nadouku
Tue, 09-08-2009, 07:34 PM
[Dattebayo] Bleach - Episode 236: SD (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/b236.torrent)

immortal squish
Wed, 09-09-2009, 01:44 AM
A moderately good episode, animation-wise. The fighting was okay, but too much jumping around between fights for my tastes.

Well, at least it's now confirmed that the main baddie is doing mind hax on all the rebelling zanpakutou. I was hoping they'd find a more novel explanation, but this is filler after all. I should just be happy that it's been pretty enjoyable so far.

Let me tell you, my bullshit-o-meter was about to go off the charts when Renji started letting loose with the kidou spam (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BeamSpam), but then I noticed most of them were blowing up in his face (oh, Renji, you stubborn idiot, you!)

Vorlath
Wed, 09-09-2009, 02:13 AM
Can someone explain what Renji did at the end? I didn't get it at all.

Looks like my theory from the last ep was somewhat correct, that Muramasa used the Zampakutou's instincts against their owners. But I was wrong on the Shinigami being able to summon their own power. That would have been cool. Then again, I don't get what Renji did.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 09-09-2009, 03:44 AM
Renji had an ability, at least when he was using bankai, than when his zanpaktou got smashed to pieces, he could control the pieces. Apparently he used the same ability on his shikai.

And yeah, Renji spamming fireballs was lame at first, until you notice that every 3rd or 4th one was blowing up in his face. Sooo Renji. :p

The rest was cool. I would have totally geeked out if when calling on Hichigo's powers, his shikai's colors had reversed.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 09-09-2009, 04:49 AM
I thought that the Black/Red Getsu Gatenshou was the signature for Hichigo and not for Zangetsu. That was Black/Blue. That's the only thing that I saw that was wrong in this ep.
The rest was just awesome. I was kind of hoping that Ichigo himself would be laughing due to Hichigo's influence but sadly that didn't happen.

Oh and Renji used that move on Aizen when he broke his Shikai. That was the first time he used it if I recall it correctly.

Nadouku
Wed, 09-09-2009, 07:40 AM
I kind of knew that it was manipulation on Muramasa's part, and that his master is still alive. He may have claimed to kill him, but that's just a lie. We'll see, though.

Episode was good, and Ichigo seems to have synchronized with Hollow Ichigo, even if it was for a brief moment in the fight. Too bad he had to beat him down in the canonical story just to gain his mask powers, and even that suffers a little bit.

Kraco
Wed, 09-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Too bad he had to beat him down in the canonical story just to gain his mask powers, and even that suffers a little bit.

There's nothing bad about that at all. Hichigo is his darker side, willing to fight and do all the other juicy stuff Ichigo himself is too goody-goody to ever do. Getting Ichigo to fight in the first place is already a small victory for Hichigo. Plus Ichigo's body is still as much his as it is Ichigo's, even if he's not in control most of the time. It's only natural he'd do anything to protect it (though that anything is fortunately quite unlike Ichigo's anything).

Nadouku
Wed, 09-09-2009, 07:50 AM
I was hoping for a stronger power-up with the mask, but every opponent he's fought with it is either equal or more powerful than him. Rarely do we see him overpower someone in his own fashion and the purpose of the mask training was to make him at least as powerful as the enemies or even better, just that his training time got cut short. If time was allowed, I believe he would probably overpower the enemies with little effort, but at the rate he's going at, he really needs to find a new way to power himself up, and only this arc has it with synchronization.

Kraco
Wed, 09-09-2009, 08:13 AM
He has easily enough power already to offer a veritable challenge to the toughest of opponents. That's not the problem. The problem is his lack of willpower and aggression. Or like I have said multiple times in the past: His total lack of the will to cut. I don't honestly know anymore what could help him further. As long as he's unwilling to risk killing or permanently wounding an enemy, he's going to need to be five times stronger than anybody else and how likely is that with all the arrancars and Aizen's company?

In short, he doesn't need more power, only the guts to use what he has.

Edit: Typo.

Nadouku
Wed, 09-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Sadly, nothing in this arc will be carried over to the current one since Ichigo seems more determined in this. The guts to actually defeat Zangetsu may be a one time thing, but still! :o

DarthEnderX
Wed, 09-09-2009, 10:17 AM
I like that they made a point to kind of show that Hichigo hates the Hollow Mask.

David75
Wed, 09-09-2009, 12:51 PM
I like that they made a point to kind of show that Hichigo hates the Hollow Mask.
And I wonder why he would hate the mask.
I thought it was a sign that Hichigo was in control (even partly). I then don't understand why the mask is troubling him, when he should want it to take over Ichigo's body even.

Or is it he thinks that's a problem having such a mask in SS with so many Shinigamis around?

The only idea I get from this, is that this mask is the sign of a true hollow, but low level one, a beast. When Hichigo seems to be in fact a lot smarter than Ichigo himself. The mask could then show that Ichigo only uses a small fraction of Hichigo's power, and not the one Hichigo likes/is proud of. I would not like Ichigo having a third entity in him...

Other than that, I was also suprised the Zangestu's Bankai Getsuga Tenshou was red/black.

Logrus
Wed, 09-09-2009, 02:50 PM

Yeah was thinking the same. But also i hope they continue explaining the conversation between Hichigo and Muramasa when Hichigo said that ichigo isen't supressing him.

Wonder why Hichigo is allowing it. My personal view if "waiting for the pig to fatten before going to the slaughter house".

immortal squish
Thu, 09-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Looking back at H/Ichigo's "The King and his horse" conversation, the only reason Hichigo isn't running things is because Ichigo proved his will was stronger (to be in control, anyway), and the moment that isn't the case, Hichigo will rise up and show him who's boss.

Although they've been going away from it recently, I've always liked that Hichigo was so powerful just because he was willing to go farther than Ichigo. Of course, nowadays hollowfied Ichigo is tossing Ceros and super regenerating at will... but then again, Hichigo is usually the first one to use new powers. Who's to say Ichigo couldn't do the same via his mask if he were determined enough?

Now that I think about it, I'm sure we've already seen one of the Vizard tossing a Cero....

Marik
Fri, 09-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Indeed. I also found it funny that Hollow Ichigo, refers to Ichigo as his landlord.

I enjoyed the Ichigo and Renji fights, but I could have done without the Kira/Hisagi vs Kazeshini battle. I really dislike all this jumping around between multiple fights. I wish they would just focus on one or two in each episode.

Edit: I just noticed that Ichigo & Zangetsu were replaced by Kira & Wabisuke in the ending.

[Nipponsei] BLEACH ED20 Single - Mad Surfer [Asai Kenichi].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20BLEACH%20ED20%20Single%20-%20Mad%20Surfer%20%5BAsai%20Kenichi%5D.zip.torrent )

DarthEnderX
Fri, 09-11-2009, 10:08 AM
And I wonder why he would hate the mask.
I thought it was a sign that Hichigo was in control (even partly). I then don't understand why the mask is troubling him, when he should want it to take over Ichigo's body even.I think that since the Vizards taught Ichigo how to more or less completely control the mask, the mask is probably like shackles to Hichigo. It allows Ichigo to use all of Hichigo's power, without letting Hichigo out for fun at all.

Also, on a tangent, since last weeks episode showed Renji having a flashback from the Heuco Mundo arc, this arc must take place after the "current" Bleach arc.

Vorlath
Fri, 09-11-2009, 10:12 AM
NeoCybercoin, I thought the same thing about the colors, but it's actually shikai or bankai that determines the colors. Shikai is blue and Bankai is black.

Shadow Skill
Fri, 09-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Sounds like Muramasa is seeking a new owner/master.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 09-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Maybe Ichigo will end this arc with FOUR guys inside him!

Shadow Skill
Fri, 09-11-2009, 10:34 PM
That'd be weird... don't know how they'd work that in to the main story. :/

After re-watching some episodes, maybe Muramasa has a time limit for whatever he is trying to accomplish. :/

DarthEnderX
Sat, 09-12-2009, 04:13 AM
That'd be weird... don't know how they'd work that in to the main story. :/It was a joke. If Ichigo was gonna cram someone else inside him, it would have to be someone less lame than Muramasa.

November 11
Sat, 09-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Once again, I'm abit disappointed with Ichigo. Renji won the battle with some wits but Ichigo ends up overpowering his opponent in an aura clash, predictably.

He needs to show some tactics but looks like its not going to happen anytime soon.

lelouch
Sat, 09-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Once again, I'm abit disappointed with Ichigo. Renji won the battle with some wits but Ichigo ends up overpowering his opponent in an aura clash, predictably.

He needs to show some tactics but looks like its not going to happen anytime soon.

This is shounen anime. Sheer willpower is far more useful than any tactics or special techniques.

Archangel
Sun, 09-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Maybe Ichigo will end this arc with FOUR guys inside him!

There are so many ways to misunderstand this...

Uberbaka
Sun, 09-13-2009, 06:59 PM
That'd be weird... don't know how they'd work that in to the main story. :/

After re-watching some episodes, maybe Muramasa has a time limit for whatever he is trying to accomplish. :/

What? You mean like introducing an invisible character inside ichigo as opposed to 3 bloody filler dolls?

And with him in place they can more easily spin off into other fillers to boot... It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

anospaply
Fri, 11-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Bleach has done this before. Fillers in the middle of an ark.

The manga is very close so I understand why. Maybe they should start animes later so the manga is already ahead.

When I first watched Bleach I was 200 episodes behind. So I was able to skip the fillers. Now its annoying that I have to wait weeks for the next cannon episode.