PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 461

Marik
Thu, 08-27-2009, 10:50 PM
SleepyFans - SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/2n11ts) - MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nyzmymgzzz1) - One Manga (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/461/01)

Binktopia - SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/la8aax) - MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fnjmzhmxvom) - Online Viewing (http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-461/page001.html)

Psyke
Thu, 08-27-2009, 11:19 PM
Nice chapter, with some good action. Though, I would have loved for Sasuke to get beaten in one hit. :p

Rikudo
Thu, 08-27-2009, 11:27 PM
I can't imagine who would actually win in a fight with the Kages' bodyguards. Just my opinion, I think the Earth would come in last follow by the Sand, the Mist, the Leaf and the Cloud would come out on top. But personally, I would like for the Mist's bodyguards to win.

rockmanj
Thu, 08-27-2009, 11:32 PM
And Temari looks even hotter :p but yea, good action, and the Cloud's complementary techniques work very well, but the Raikage looks to be a monster!

Prof. Chaos
Fri, 08-28-2009, 01:04 AM
The Raikage would have to be a monster for Killer Bee to look up to him. Not talking just being a brother thing, but in pure skill.

Also Mizukage is still as hot as ever.

Rikudo
Fri, 08-28-2009, 01:17 AM
The Raikage would have to be a monster for Killer Bee to look up to him. Not talking just being a brother thing, but in pure skill.

Also Mizukage is still as hot as ever.

If the current Mizukage has a fuck genjutsu, I wouldn't mind being trap as long as its with her.

Pandadice
Fri, 08-28-2009, 02:03 AM
mm suigetsu's sword broke.. and here i was hoping for him to fight that other mist swordsman... maybe they're still fight and suigetsu will win and take his sword.

lol, the samurai was impressed with all the ninja stuff.. they really do seem pathetic xD but then again it is a pretty top-line battle going down.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Danzo:
"You should really make me king of all ninja. it's all for the good of you, anyways, it's not like I want it at all. it's the best for everyone, if only you'd understand why I feel so strongly about this... see how important it is that you make me ninja-king? it's so important that it made me take control over the peacemaking samurai, and by using a technique I've stolen from a fallen comrade who died in suspicious circumstances which I might have created. do you now understand why it's so important that you give up all checks and balances of the ninja villages? why can't you rise above yourselves and see things objectively through my eyes?"

the battle itself a real cock-tease, I'm all pumped up to see Sasuke kicking the bucket, and he still doesn't take a hit. god dammit. also, what's with the translations lately? was it only an illusion? or was Sasuke wrong, I can't get a thing.

speaking of which, what did Gaara ask them hokages? I can't make sense of it.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 08-28-2009, 09:13 AM
I think Gaara basically meant "When did you all lose your compassion/sell out/became monsters?"

I'm glad no one is putting up with Danzo's horseshit. It's looking like his plan to get the Jounin of Konoha to accept him after the council of Kages recognized him as Hokage is going straight to hell. If this series is anywhere near its end in terms of story points left, I think we'll see Naruto as the next Hokage, even if it's just in name while he studies to gain the skills to effectively run a village and command troops.

Sasuke is turning out to be the stupidest character of any series that takes itself seriously. This kid has had puppet strings on him since we've met him. First Itachi's, then Orochimaru got his on there, and now Madara's. Madara needs to be able to control Sasuke like he said to Zetsu after Pain's fall. By causing Sasuke to make an enemy of everyone in the ninja world (which is working quite nicely), the only ones Sasuke'll have to turn to is Madara and Akatsuki. I can't think of another logical way for Sasuke to come out of this alive. The only option would've been if Sasuke was able to gather forces for himself and make himself a warlord of sorts, but again, Sasuke's made no friends other than the members of Taka. And he's lost most of the ones he had in Konoha. His character became kind of pathetic after Itachi died.

Archangel
Fri, 08-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Wasn't his goal to collect all the swords? He didn't seem all that shaken up about having his dream/goal broken like that

Sasuke is turning out to be the stupidest character of any series that takes itself seriously. This kid has had puppet strings on him since we've met him. First Itachi's, then Orochimaru got his on there, and now Madara's.

Hahaha, so true

FireEmblem
Fri, 08-28-2009, 02:01 PM
The Raikage and his subordinates are on point with this shit. I love how they're confident too that they can take these guys 3vs2 right now!

I hope Juugo can do something impressive in his bloodthirsty mode though and actually put up a fight. A fight really needs to be put up here for me to not be angry if the Cloud ninjas lose.

I'm also upset that Kishi's shitty foresight (or lack of actually thinking what he wants the story to be like) kinda sets up Kakashi as a weak Hokage if he ever becomes it. Kakashi is indeed powerful, but he hasn't elevated to the next level yet. Even with Mangekyou, unless he has improved on that technique, he still isn't at a level where he could defend Konoha vs. Akatsuki (besides maybe Hidan, were he still alive). Whereas with the Raikage, it's already obvious that he is no joke, and he probably would have been able to beat like Kakuzu 1v1. We can base that simply on his speed and power alone.

darkshadow
Fri, 08-28-2009, 02:21 PM
I think Kakashi is more then able to defend konoha from akatsuki, cept Pein was just.... well fucking Pein, and so far madara seems to be untouchable to anyone. But besides those 2, I'm sure Kakashi could've handled all of the other ones.

Archangel
Fri, 08-28-2009, 02:33 PM
I think Kakashi is more then able to defend konoha from akatsuki, cept Pein was just.... well fucking Pein, and so far madara seems to be untouchable to anyone. But besides those 2, I'm sure Kakashi could've handled all of the other ones.

Wasn't Kisame kicking Guy's ass with like a third of his strength or something like that?

FireEmblem
Fri, 08-28-2009, 03:10 PM

My point is based on the fact that Kakashi has fought members of Akatsuki already and has not "handled" them. With Deidara, Naruto was there (eventhough he was being a dumbass) and Deidara did not have enough explosive clay to really fight the way he would have (which we saw when he fought Sasuke). With Kakuzu, he didn't pop out the Mangekyou, but he was also not alone in that fight. I doubt that Kakashi would have been able to overpower Kakuzu in a 1v1 situation.

I feel that for the most part, most Kages should be able to take on a member of Akatsuki 1v1, excluding Pain and Madara mostly. If a kage does not signify at least the strength to defeat most other non-kage ninjas, then what is the point of putting emphasis on it? Hell even Gaara probably would have won against Deidara if it wasn't for him protecting the actual village. The best example is Jiraiya. After seeing him fight in Sage mode, it became kind of obvious that Jiraiya was strong enough to defend Konoha vs. any member of Akatsuki (barring Madara). Even Pain admitted that if Jiraiya knew his secret, he would have lost. Kakashi needs to be at least as strong as Jiraiya!

My point is that Kishi needs to write a few more fights where Kakashi elevates his status to Kage level before actually making him the Hokage if he intends for that to happen. If not, he's just setting up Kakashi as high-level fodder, which is lame as hell.

depthcharge
Fri, 08-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Kakashi defeated 2 out of 5 Kazuku heart.
(with minimal help from ShikaInoCho)

Kakashi does seem pretty weak. His fights really lacks finesse.
Now if, he is able to summon as many giant dogs as Naruto summons frogs, he might have a chance.

XanBcoo
Fri, 08-28-2009, 03:18 PM
This chapter was pretty dense and wordy without much actually happening. The dialog at the bottom of page 9 is pretty indicative of the whole chapter.

Karin (hiding): I can't do anything since that guy is looking for me. I better hide my Chakra.

Suigetsu: I bet Karin can't do anything because she's hiding. She's hiding her Chakra. She can do that. Hide her chakra, I mean. It's one of her abilities.

Juugo: Yes, it seems that guy is looking for her, indeed. I will attack him now.

Also the entire interaction between the Kages seemed really weird to me. Did anyone else notice that? I just hate superfluous uses of filler words like "moreover" and "however" and "even if you say that..." that anime tends to employ. None of what they were saying seemed really important.

darkshadow
Fri, 08-28-2009, 03:30 PM
Kakashi was alone in that fight, in fact, it was 2 on 1 remember, hidan and kakuzu where doing all kinds of team attacks against him. When naruto arrived he simply wanted to fight him alone, and heck Hidan was destined to be defeated by shikamaru. Still they failed in defeating kakashi even before the rest arrived.

Kakashi has never been pushed so much that his own technique offed him, this only happened with Pein. In the other fights he never even used mangekyou, that's as if Itachi fought him the first time without tsukiyomi, it would've lasted MUCH, MUCH longer I can assure you.

I also think it is highly unfair to want jiraiya level power from anyone just so they can be a leader. So far we've only seen a few nin with godly level power. Which pretty much were only salamander Hanzou, sandaime Sarutobi and Pein and after that we have Minato, jiraiya, 3rd kazekage and (non-sick) Oro. We don't know too much about madara and shodai so I wouldn't know where to place them.

But really in Kakashi's generation I really don't see anyone being stronger then him, perhaps Killerbee, but for konoha there really isn't anyone better atm imo.

Pastor Cookies
Fri, 08-28-2009, 04:08 PM
This chapter was better than the last one at least! The cloud jounins proved to be badass like I had hoped. I like how the black cloud jounin totally changed from a polite guy to a complete badass on the field. The way he switched from a water to a lighting justu was sweet.

Sauske needs to get his head outta his ass man! His fighting potential drops by leaps when hes in emo mode. He always rans in face forward and he ups almost getting sacked by the cloud nins. This is like the fourth time his comrades had to get him outta trouble. On the other hand, he is fighting against "Top Flight" ninjas with awesome time work skills...But anyway its gonna just get better and better from here.

What I wanna see happen next chapter:

Raikage whoop some ass!

Madara talk to about Sasuke!

The Stone Kage break his hips!

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 08-28-2009, 07:31 PM
I really don't think Kakashi is going to become Hokage right now. There's no room in the story to let Kakashi shine, unless the story somehow gets extended. I personally think Kakashi is on par with members of Akatsuki: A sharingan and access to at least four elements and supposedly thouands of techniques puts him there. Combined with his brilliant battle sense, that is. That Mangekyou eye technique probably makes him one of the stronger ones. If he could've baited Kakuzu into getting caught by that technique, that would've been the end for him, much like it was the end vs. Naruto's Rasenshiruken.

That's besides the point though. They're building Naruto up. FINALLY they've given him controllable power. FINALLY, he's accomplished something public enough to gain recognition other villages, at least with regards to his combat abilities. FINALLY he's getting some real character development since before the time skip. He's actually a main character now. Furthermore (sorry Xan) the development he's getting seems to be aimed at him coming to a conclusion on how he's going to change the ninja world. This combines with his natural ability to make friends/gain respect/gain allegiance from even the most hostile of people. So much thought and effort is being put into gearing Naruto up to become a leader.

And now, Kakashi is going to be made Hokage? No way, I don't see it.

Also the entire interaction between the Kages seemed really weird to me. Did anyone else notice that? I just hate superfluous uses of filler words like "moreover" and "however" and "even if you say that..." that anime tends to employ. None of what they were saying seemed really important.

Forgive that. It's the writer doing two things: 1) Emphasizing that the Council is NOT ok with what Danzou pulled, and 2) giving us more insight into the viewpoints of the kages with relation to the moral dilemma Naruto's facing. It lets us know a good deal of what he's up against and what he's got going for him if he decides he's going to try and change the world. Maybe it was done poorly (I actually think it was done alright) but it was a good idea.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 08-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Looks like Zabuza Sword can be beat.

XanBcoo
Sat, 08-29-2009, 02:27 AM
Forgive that. It's the writer doing two things: 1) Emphasizing that the Council is NOT ok with what Danzou pulled, and 2) giving us more insight into the viewpoints of the kages with relation to the moral dilemma Naruto's facing. It lets us know a good deal of what he's up against and what he's got going for him if he decides he's going to try and change the world. Maybe it was done poorly (I actually think it was done alright) but it was a good idea.
I just thought the dialog was clunky and awkward. It didn't seem like a conversation, but rather one, long, poorly-worded speech after another. In any case, they didn't actually seem that upset that Danzou basically tried to usurp the ultimate position of power in Narutoland. Tsuchikage just told him "look man, that ain't gonna work," and no more was said.

The "furthermore" thing also only seems to happen when the character has nothing to say and just trails off. I see it all the time and it bugs me. Something like:

Naruto: I want to be the Hokage.
Sakura: Even if you say that, a ninja like you...

It's just redundant filler and completely awkward. This chapter had a lot of that kind of dialog.

digitalrurouni
Sat, 08-29-2009, 10:13 AM
While I do agree that Sasuke is being played like a puppet...he has to because he is the anti Naruto so to speak. He lacks all that Naruto has which mainly is the determination to never give up and a heart. He cares about everyone...perfect Hokage material...whereas Sasuke can be seen as the opposite. I think Naruto is going to intervene and knock some sense into Sasuke's head. That is what is going to happen and they are going to be best friends and live happily ever after at the end. No way Sasuke is going to get killed.

samsonlonghair
Sat, 08-29-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm pretty pumped up to see Juugo transform. I want to see an all-out fight between him and Raikage. Thank god we finally get to see some action. All this anticipation has been killing me.

Pastor Cookies
Sat, 08-29-2009, 02:35 PM
Juugo is in kid mode forever now? Thats crazy! I remember when he shrunk after healing Sasuke but I'm just now noticing him small again...I hope Samuel Raikage whoops everyones ass...and then celebrates by smoking a dubee!

The Chancellor
Sat, 08-29-2009, 03:05 PM
All this anticipation has been killing me. Me too. I think the best thing about it is that he's so fucking fast and strong. He's a kage and Kishi is finally letting us froth over one of their fights. This should be good to see.

I think the way Kishi is setting it up (this is just my opinion) is to have each kage have a problem and someone to fight over that problem, and then leave the meeting to head to the fight one by one. The only person it's hard to make a call on is the earth kage because he's so old and he already said in this chapter that he can't. I really want to see what the mizukage can do.

Pastor Cookies
Sat, 08-29-2009, 07:56 PM
The Mizukage looks deadly...I to would love to see what she could do. That Aoi guy seems like a badass. Did anyone notice that he has explosive tags as earrings...insane! Also the guy from the stone village is pretty cute! I could see her and the sand trio all going to check out the fight. I can also see Gaara saving Sasukes ass from a near death experience.

Aside from Juugo and C about to match up the fight is gonna be two water and lighting types going at it. Suigetsus at a disadvantage because hes pure water...once they find that out then Sasukes gonna have to counter with his lighting. He may also have to bust out with the amarestu tech which can't be put out with fire.

redcat
Sat, 08-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Juugo is in kid mode forever now?
did I miss something?

Pastor Cookies
Sat, 08-29-2009, 11:14 PM
No Red cat. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who didn't catch it. I was saying that ever since Juugo healed sasuke and shrunk into a kid hes reminded in that form this whole time.

Stitch
Sun, 08-30-2009, 12:53 AM
So that's basically an entire month without a good chapter. Cool.

Gaara used to be totally bad ass. There was a time when he would just walk out of the meeting or kill somebody. Now he's asking people metaphysical questions like a poor man's Naruto. Unless Kishimoto is setting up a bromance to take place between Naruto and Gaara, I'd really like to just see somebody die already.

-=DS=-S.W.A.T3
Sun, 08-30-2009, 04:36 AM
So that's basically an entire month without a good chapter. Cool.

Gaara used to be totally bad ass. There was a time when he would just walk out of the meeting or kill somebody. Now he's asking people metaphysical questions like a poor man's Naruto. Unless Kishimoto is setting up a bromance to take place between Naruto and Gaara, I'd really like to just see somebody die already.

what are you talking about Gaara is still bad ass he just pretty much spit in the old mans face

redcat
Sun, 08-30-2009, 08:17 AM
No Red cat. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who didn't catch it. I was saying that ever since Juugo healed sasuke and shrunk into a kid hes reminded in that form this whole time.
never mind. I remembered him fixing the huge hole in sasuke's chest but I forgot all about the kid part.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/414/03/

if they didn't mention it I don't think I would be able to tell. looks about the same to me. he's prolly gonna have to grow his way out of it.

Pastor Cookies
Sun, 08-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Random though but I think were gonna see Sasuke use amaterasu with his added style. He was suprised when he found out that you could but the flames out plus a couple of chapters ago it seemed as if he was on to something.

Prof. Chaos
Sun, 08-30-2009, 09:41 PM
Random though but I think were gonna see Sasuke use amaterasu with his added style. He was suprised when he found out that you could but the flames out plus a couple of chapters ago it seemed as if he was on to something.

But it takes so much out of him that it turns into his ace in the hole.

poopdeville
Sun, 08-30-2009, 11:43 PM
I just thought the dialog was clunky and awkward. It didn't seem like a conversation, but rather one, long, poorly-worded speech after another. In any case, they didn't actually seem that upset that Danzou basically tried to usurp the ultimate position of power in Narutoland. Tsuchikage just told him "look man, that ain't gonna work," and no more was said.

Why would they be upset? They're all ninjas... they all would have tried it if they had the Sharingan.

XanBcoo
Mon, 08-31-2009, 01:44 PM
Because it doesn't ring true of a bunch of political leaders forming a coalition. It just seems contrived and a way to quickly write off the fact that Danzo committed a huge crime.

Who knows, maybe they'll crucify him in later chapters, but my point was in response to Barles, who said "the Council was NOT ok with what Danzo pulled," when clearly they don't really seem to mind all that much. At least not now, at least.

That said, they have bigger problems to deal with at the moment.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 09-02-2009, 01:00 AM
I have a strong feeling gaara is gonna save sasuke and fend off the kage's. Then possibly a leaf and sand vs. all scenario

fahoumh
Wed, 09-02-2009, 09:37 PM
I have a strong feeling gaara is gonna save sasuke and fend off the kage's. Then possibly a leaf and sand vs. all scenario

Good god, I hope not.

Archangel
Wed, 09-02-2009, 10:01 PM

A: Why the fuck would garra take his entire country to war against 4 other nations to help some faggot on a never ending acid trip

B: Why would said faggot accept his help? Especially since he seems to be feeling moody lately and is attacking everything in his sight as to ease his inner pain while singing Linkin Park tunes and touching up his eyeliner

XanBcoo
Wed, 09-02-2009, 11:57 PM
I actually hope the Raikage kills Juugo in their fight.

Not because I hate Juugo or anything. I just think he's a solid enough character to kill off, and the Raikage needs to fuggen kill someone.

poopdeville
Thu, 09-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Sasuke isn't going to like that... expect to see new Sharingan shenanigans if Juugo dies (as if that "chakra monster" inside him wasn't one already)