PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 554

Marik
Thu, 08-20-2009, 03:37 AM
SukiKim Scans - SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/ocohl8) - MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yizdmmzcgto) - One Manga (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/554/01)

Binktopia - SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/2x5a1g) - MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dtnzzmgtdte) - Online Viewing (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-554/page001.html)

---

A short chapter with a bunch of double pages again.

Dark Dragon
Thu, 08-20-2009, 06:11 AM
The chapters definitely feel shorter but i personally think it's worth it, having all of these double pages makes it seem more epic somehow.

Phoenix, Magma, Light.

I'm starting to think that this battle is literally going to set the world on fire. Oz's kid is on Whitebeard crew, who would've thought. That 3rd division commander guy is ridiculously strong, i wonder if that's a fruit power or is he just permanently on steroid.

Last but not least, If i'm not mistaken, that female giant along with all of the giant vice admirals is the first female giant we've seen.

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-20-2009, 08:37 AM
A zoan type with logia characteristics? Overkill!!!!

And Oz / Oars Jr? Lol. Never would have expected that.

Akainu looks old... Lava-man?

I want Luffy to crash the party but... with all this big powers loaming around... what can he do? Aside from make several Shichibukai betray the goverment that is...

Im excited to see DoFlamingo finally fight.

rockmanj
Thu, 08-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Now we know why he's the "Red Dog"; a magma man. And the marines have some sort of spider person working for them? Freaky.

animus
Thu, 08-20-2009, 11:10 AM
The Strawhat Crew is still missing 1 crew member correct? It would be good if the last one had a badass power. At the moment the crew itself (besides Franky) is kinda on the boring side. A logia user on the crew would add to the variety they kinda lack, that is on the devil fruit side.

Archangel
Thu, 08-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Lava man... it was predictable enough

Phoenix fruit is like the most awesome thing ever, i can't help but do some fanboy shrieks every time i think about it

I can't wait to see all of this animated

UChessmaster
Thu, 08-20-2009, 11:42 AM
The Strawhat Crew is still missing 1 crew member correct? It would be good if the last one had a badass power. At the moment the crew itself (besides Franky) is kinda on the boring side. A logia user on the crew would add to the variety they kinda lack, that is on the devil fruit side.

We`re missing 2 members.

Assertn
Thu, 08-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Where was Oz Jr. hiding? In one of WB's ships? I love that Oda brought him back, now we'll be sure to get more action from the shichibukai next week.

This is getting out of hand...I need to see an overview of the state of the battlefield thus far.

That 3rd division commander guy is ridiculously strong, i wonder if that's a fruit power or is he just permanently on steroid.
He ate the diamond fruit.

Archangel
Thu, 08-20-2009, 11:57 AM

I've already mentioned this but i think that a logia fruit is something only final bosses should have

And if anything i feel like paramecia fruits are a lot more interesting, since Oda manages to always bring the best out of the most mundane/weird powers

Who among us could have come up with gears 2 and 3?

UChessmaster
Thu, 08-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Where was Oz Jr. hiding? In one of WB's ships?

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/551/12-13/

Check the left, that`s his ship, i think he`s one of the captains helping WB.

poopdeville
Thu, 08-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Well damn, the sail says "OARS II" (Oz the Second) on it.

Short chapter, just 15 pages. Whitebeard is Akainu's natural enemy. Is Marco immortal?

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-20-2009, 06:04 PM
I just remembered. There was a bag-man in there. He took out a hammer from a pocked in his neck. Creepy.

The Chancellor
Thu, 08-20-2009, 09:30 PM
I just remembered. There was a bag-man in there. He took out a hammer from a pocked in his neck. Creepy. That just makes the New World more epic and dangerous. It was a giant hammer too. Scary stuff. It makes you wonder though. If these guys have all made a name for themselves in the NW already, they've had to get through the Archipelago, deal with an admiral, kuma bots and Sentomaru, and get through fishman island.

This chapter was beyond epic and easily the best chapter yet. This is a great fight. I agree though the double pages are getting a little on the over used side. I'm glad all three admirals are logias. That's actually a relief to get that finally out of the way. And I'm surprised whitebeard has that many peeps. Oz's kid is a nice surprise. It also seems like you have to have something special and unique to stay alive in the new world. We have many logias showing themselves in this fight. I mean there are currently 4 here. Marco (technically he might as well be labeled as one) the 3 admirals, and I'll count Jozu but I wouldn't be sure because technically, no one will ever be able to cut into him to find out if he can grow an arm or a leg back or something back. Seeing whitebeards crew at work too, makes me think he has more of them. And people with weird and powerful abilities. Not just Marco.

I honestly don't think there are logias floating around the new world. I think they're all taken by someone. But I do think that each yonkou has one on his crew. Or, now that we've seen one of the Yonkous right hand men @ work, maybe the top guys of the crews have a mythical or logia fruit.

UChessmaster
Thu, 08-20-2009, 10:05 PM
That just makes the New World more epic and dangerous. It was a giant hammer too. Scary stuff. It makes you wonder though. If these guys have all made a name for themselves in the NW already, they've had to get through the Archipelago, deal with an admiral, kuma bots and Sentomaru, and get through fishman island.

I doubt any of them bitch-slaped a tenryuubito... or two

depthcharge
Fri, 08-21-2009, 02:10 AM
Where did the iceberg come from?

Tremendous amount of power being thrown around. This is indeed the headquarters of the Marines!

The double page single panel, cause by those big attacks and giants, may be worth it. It makes those ants look really small.

If we are going to see all these big shots, I would imagine that they would split those "normal" fodder from these fight. As they really stand no chance against these monsters.

Augury
Fri, 08-21-2009, 05:42 AM
I was wondering about the iceberg at first too, but after looking at it more I think he grabbed a chunk of the sea that Aokiji froze and then chucked it over his head backwards.

Carnage
Fri, 08-21-2009, 06:15 AM
If these guys have all made a name for themselves in the NW already, they've had to get through the Archipelago, deal with an admiral, kuma bots and Sentomaru, and get through fishman island.

There is absolutely no proof of that.

depthcharge
Fri, 08-21-2009, 07:10 AM
There was a chapter that read, fishman island, the one below Marie Joe is under the protection of WB pirates.

Therefore, I doubt pirates needs to "deal" or endure Admiral or Sentoumaru at fishman island. Then again, someone already mentioned they probably didnt punch a Tenryubito.

However, it is without doubt they do need to have their ship coated at the mangrove.

depthcharge
Fri, 08-21-2009, 07:16 AM
Well damn, the sail says "OARS II" (Oz the Second) on it.

Short chapter, just 15 pages. Whitebeard is Akainu's natural enemy. Is Marco immortal?

Supposedly, legend has it that a Phoenix will be reborn from its ashes and its tears have healing powers. I doubt any of the One Piece character could achieve immortality, just because of the kairouseki. That stuff is nasty for all Devil fruit consumers.

Assertn
Fri, 08-21-2009, 02:30 PM
I love that Moria gets to fight Oars II.
Only thing though...most of his strength came from his (now nonexistent) zombie army.

The Chancellor
Fri, 08-21-2009, 02:48 PM
There is absolutely no proof of that. Because there's another gateway to the new world? The only other argument you can have against that is the amount of pirates gathering this time for the marines to see a need to send Sentoromaru and Kizaru over there. Other than that you got nothing. And why wouldn't the marines send them every time? That place is a haven that's right next to the HQ, and every strong pirate has to stop there on their way to getting to the new world. Furthermore I don't think that back in the day it was easier to get through there, have Rayleigh coat your ship and be on your merry way with no marines trying to stop you.

Archangel
Fri, 08-21-2009, 04:20 PM
I love that Moria gets to fight Oars II.
Only thing though...most of his strength came from his (now nonexistent) zombie army.

And even then his strength was pretty pathetic compared to the rest of the shichibukai

poopdeville
Fri, 08-21-2009, 04:41 PM
No way. The Zombie Army was way stronger than Baroque Works, for example. And Moria's shadow powers are strong. Moria's problem is discipline.

Archangel
Fri, 08-21-2009, 05:26 PM
I always thought that the only thing Moria was good for was running away

Carnage
Fri, 08-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Because there's another gateway to the new world? The only other argument you can have against that is the amount of pirates gathering this time for the marines to see a need to send Sentoromaru and Kizaru over there. Other than that you got nothing. And why wouldn't the marines send them every time? That place is a haven that's right next to the HQ, and every strong pirate has to stop there on their way to getting to the new world. Furthermore I don't think that back in the day it was easier to get through there, have Rayleigh coat your ship and be on your merry way with no marines trying to stop you.

You're a fucking retard, that's the whole point of having your ship coated to go through Merman island. So that they won't have to deal with the Marines. If the Marines bothered sending Admirals to the Archipelago every time, then they would simply have the entire area under lock down. Do you really think every single one of those Pirate Captains that are aiding Whitebeard could take on an Admiral?

The Chancellor
Fri, 08-21-2009, 08:43 PM
You're a fucking retard, that's the whole point of having your ship coated to go through Merman island. So that they won't have to deal with the Marines. If the Marines bothered sending Admirals to the Archipelago every time, then they would simply have the entire area under lock down. Do you really think every single one of those Pirate Captains that are aiding Whitebeard could take on an Admiral? Am I now? So what they have factories where mass coatings for tons of ships going on? One ship and crew at a time. Which means unless there's one crew at a time there (which I fucking doubt) then other crews have to wait. And yes I think Rayleigh is the only one who coats on the archipelago. And he's old so it takes forever just for one crew. He's still probably not done with the SH's ship. Which means unless they hide from an admiral, they're toast. And yes I do think (not everyone but most) of those captains can take down or fight an admiral.

Even though we've seen it now that Marco is insanely powerful. I don't think WB has 90% or even half of the power of the new world under his control like so many people seem to think he does. These captains made a name for themselves in the new world. Not the first half like a bunch of pussies but more dangerous second half. I'm sure they can fight an admiral toe to toe.

Assertn
Fri, 08-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Am I now? So what they have factories where mass coatings for tons of ships going on? One ship and crew at a time. Which means unless there's one crew at a time there (which I fucking doubt) then other crews have to wait. And yes I think Rayleigh is the only one who coats on the archipelago.
We already know Rayleigh isn't the only coater. Hachi said himself that there are other coaters on the island, but he only wanted to find Rayleigh cause he trusted that he wouldn't mess it up and capsize the ship. How do you think the other supernovas got their ships coated if Rayleigh's been missing, anyway?

Carnage
Fri, 08-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Am I now?

Yes, you are.

And yes I think Rayleigh is the only one who coats on the archipelago.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/504/02/

How could he have his ship being coated while Rayleigh was in prison? I thought so. It doesn't have to be mass manufactured, but there is certainly more than one coater.

Even though we've seen it now that Marco is insanely powerful. I don't think WB has 90% or even half of the power of the new world under his control like so many people seem to think he does. These captains made a name for themselves in the new world. Not the first half like a bunch of pussies but more dangerous second half. I'm sure they can fight an admiral toe to toe.

This is a completely baseless conjecture. Im not even going to bother.

Edit: Damn Assertn, you beat me to it.

UChessmaster
Fri, 08-21-2009, 09:33 PM
For the second time, the only reason the straw hats had to fight an admiral, sentoumaru and the kuma bots was because luffy and ussop hit a tenryuubito, so no, the pirates in the NW probably didn`t had to go through the same ordeal our guys went through.

Augury
Fri, 08-21-2009, 09:34 PM
About Moria:
In theory, couldn't he one-hit kill anybody right here by severing their shadow? The sun is out. Of course, I don't think it's plausible that Oda would do that to any significant character.

About getting to the New World:
The Strawhats experience at the archipelago was definitely abnormal. The only reason why an admiral was dispatched to Shabondy was because he was summoned by a world noble. Sentomaru and the Kuma clones were part of his landing force and are not a regular presence. I would expect marine interference to be around or a bit stronger than what we saw at the auction house if the government was not busy dealing with Whitebeard.

As Carnage and Assertn have stated, Rayleigh is most definitely not the only coating mechanic on the archipelago.

About the strength of New World pirates:
I think it's safe to assume that the other three emperors have crews and allies comparable to but weaker than Whitebeard's army. However, it would be a huge leap of faith to think that most New World pirate crews can match an admiral's strength. The only people we've seen an admiral fail to one-shot are Rayleigh, Whitebeard, and Marco.

Sentenal
Fri, 08-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Moria is a Shichibukai, so even without his zombie army, he probably has other tricks and powers that he could use to be a threat. Didn't Moria used to rival one of the Yonkou, before he started building his Zombie army, anyway? I mean, he was still defeated by (I think) Kaidou, but being said to rival a Yonkou must mean he isn't a pushover.

Tyreal
Fri, 08-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Moria is a Shichibukai, so even without his zombie army, he probably has other tricks and powers that he could use to be a threat. Didn't Moria used to rival one of the Yonkou, before he started building his Zombie army, anyway? I mean, he was still defeated by (I think) Kaidou, but being said to rival a Yonkou must mean he isn't a pushover.

From memory he was never said to of rivaled a Yonkou just that he fought with and was totally defeated by one. I'm also of the oppinon that Moria is relativley weak when compared to the other Schichibukai without his Zombie army.

Archangel
Sat, 08-22-2009, 07:21 AM
About Moria:
In theory, couldn't he one-hit kill anybody right here by severing their shadow? The sun is out. Of course, I don't think it's plausible that Oda would do that to any significant character.

He doesn't have his scissors right now, therefore he's even more useless :p

Assertn
Sat, 08-22-2009, 12:14 PM
He doesn't have his scissors right now, therefore he's even more useless :p

I'm sure he's hiding them somewhere. He pulled them out during his and Oz's fight against the strawhats.

....or maybe he can force Inazuma to help him :p