PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 413

Marik
Sun, 08-16-2009, 08:22 AM
UN-TAN

HD - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YRA90ND6) - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=80728)

SD - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C3XPDFQ6) - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=80612)

Kraco
Sun, 08-16-2009, 09:37 AM
Pretty nice episode. Although the whole haki thing is feeling a bit slapped on right now. It's not like this would have been Luffy's first time to be desperate either. But whatever, I won't be complaining because it will probably start to fit into the bigger picture in time well enough.

RyougaZell
Sun, 08-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Shanks used Haki to save Luffy from the SeaKing
And this ain't the first time Luffy uses it. He also used it against Duval.
And I think CP9 used it as well.

My point... haki has been around since forever... Luffy just doesn't know how to properly use it.

Death13a
Sun, 08-16-2009, 11:16 AM
CP9 never used haki only their physical strength but it seems that mantra from Skypiea can be considerate as form of haki.

Penner
Sun, 08-16-2009, 11:27 AM
BOOBS!

Good ep, but mostly buildup for the fight in the next one.

Dark Dragon
Sun, 08-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Luffy was due for another powerup and this one isn't anymore random than Gear Second/Third. Oda already showed us Haki a few times way back with Shanks, the most notable being during his meeting with White Beard where half of the crew on White Beard's ship fainted. Only thing he really did now was use a proper name and gave Luffy a special one.

Like RZ said, Luffy himself used it on Duval's bull a while back. What Rayleigh did to make all the people at the auction house fainted is probably Haki also.

Assertn
Sun, 08-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I don't think it's random at all. Oda just decided to finally divulge us on the details of something that's been around throughout the series. I'm sure at some point he'll finally explain the origins of devil fruit or how an inanimate object can consume a devil fruit.

Marik
Sun, 08-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Boa looked so pretty when she tucked her hair back. <3

BOOBS!

There sure was a lot of focus on them in this episode. Like when Boa looks up to look down on Luffy, they sort of just jut out at you. The giant snakes with boobies in bikini tops, just looks so weird.

Marik
Sun, 08-16-2009, 07:03 PM
HD version - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YRA90ND6) - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=80728)

Raven
Sun, 08-16-2009, 08:18 PM
This just suggests even more to me that Boa and Luffy are mother and son, seeing they're the only two with that particular type of Haki.

I liked how Luffy didn't even realize what he did, he just thought they were being reasonable, lol.

Assertn
Sun, 08-16-2009, 08:35 PM
The scene when he uses the king's disposition is awesome. Very dramatic.
I think this episode further underscores my stance in the earlier discussion about Haki being a technique rather than a feeling. It was definitely tossed around multiple times that its something learned and mastered, which wouldn't make sense if it was just ambition.

Raven
Sun, 08-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Maybe you have to have the ambition or desire to start with, then actually using it in a physical sense is the technique or method that needs to be mastered.

So, if someone had mastered the technique but simply had lost the will to live and didn't care any more, maybe they couldn't do what we've been seeing.

Assertn
Sun, 08-16-2009, 10:14 PM
and one out of a million people are chosen to have the ambition for king's disposition?

Dark Dragon
Sun, 08-16-2009, 10:30 PM
and one out of a million people are chosen to have the ambition for king's disposition?

I think rather than chosen, it's a very rare powerful type of ambition that only manifest in certain special individual. Luffy for example always had a solid belief that he would be pirate king and that nothing was going to get in his way.

Haki is probably along the line of a technique that that uses the amount of "ambition" that you have and channel it into power.

Another thing that i've been wondering is Boa ability to make everyone fall in love with her. I'm willing to bet that the king's disposition has something to do with it.

Assertn
Sun, 08-16-2009, 10:41 PM
So Boa's one-in-a-million ambition is to have everyone love her?

Dark Dragon
Sun, 08-16-2009, 10:50 PM
So Boa's one-in-a-million ambition is to have everyone love her?

Maybe.

Boa ability to make everyone love her seem unnatural. Luffy is the only one who has resisted it so far and he also happen to have the same type of one-in-a-million ambition, so it's probably not too far fetched to assume that her haki has something to do with it.

Raven
Sun, 08-16-2009, 11:28 PM
The way they spoke about the King's disposition and the fact that Boa's the only one who has it, it seemed like it was a separate thing from her ability to make people love her. Dunno, just the impression I got.

My guess is that she ate some kind of love-love fruit which gives her the abilities we've seen so far, and separate to that she has the ability to use the special Haki which is what makes her all the more dangerous and gave her the title of one of the 7.

And, if she is indeed Luffy's mother, then she's passed down that ability to him through birth, even though he doesn't know he has it, doesn't know how to use it and occasionally uses it by accident.

Kraco
Mon, 08-17-2009, 01:01 AM
King's disposition could still easily be explained and integrated in Assertn's general theory. It just needs someone with a stupidly strong desire and belief in something. Luffy's aim of becoming the pirate king has been shown to be based on rather naive and stubborn belief and little else, seeing how it's basically the shounen plot alone that has kept him alive in many fights against opponents stronger than him. Boa on the other hand has a similar belief in her own beauty and the right to do anything because everybody will forgive someone as beautiful as her. That's hardly different from Luffy's dream.

If such feelings are genuine, it means they will stop at nothing save death on their way to their goal. One can't have a much stronger ambition than that and thus stronger power source for this haki technique.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 08-17-2009, 05:43 AM
So apparently, there's different kinds of Haki.

So Mantra was actually a type of Haki all along. Since one of the sisters has it.

And the other sister's is the same as Sentomaru's, which lets her hit Luffy and have him actually feel it. Which makes me believe even more that it's Haki that let Raleigh physically hit Kizaru.

I think it's weird though that they say Luffy's Haki is one in a million, when not only does Boa apparently have it, but we've seen both Shanks and Raleigh do the exact same thing. So that's 4 people right there.

In fact, Raleigh must have at least two kinds of Haki. The one where he knocks people out, and the one that lets him strike Kizaru.

Raven
Mon, 08-17-2009, 06:11 AM
Sounds like you're reading too much into it IMO. Raleigh's haki is probably just that strong that he can perform a vast amount of seemingly impossible tasks.

It seems to me that there's the defensive haki (used by CP9), the offensive haki (different degrees of strength; Shanks, Raleigh, Boa and Luffy have the strongest) and the pre-cognitive type (used by the sister and the priests in the Skypia(sp?) arc).

Just a guess, of course. I really have no idea.

animus
Mon, 08-17-2009, 01:00 PM
The way they spoke about the King's disposition and the fact that Boa's the only one who has it, it seemed like it was a separate thing from her ability to make people love her. Dunno, just the impression I got.

My guess is that she ate some kind of love-love fruit which gives her the abilities we've seen so far, and separate to that she has the ability to use the special Haki which is what makes her all the more dangerous and gave her the title of one of the 7.

And, if she is indeed Luffy's mother, then she's passed down that ability to him through birth, even though he doesn't know he has it, doesn't know how to use it and occasionally uses it by accident.

Uh, I'd say Boa is only 5-10 years older than Luffy, max. So I really doubt she's his mother.

Anyways, whenever I hear Boa issue orders I always think shes gonna say "Lohengrin, Fire!" next.

Raven
Mon, 08-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Uh, I'd say Boa is only 5-10 years older than Luffy, max. So I really doubt she's his mother.

You think? She strikes me as being about 35 or so, and Luffy's late teens/early 20s isn't he? It's plausible. Depends how you interpret it.

Assertn
Mon, 08-17-2009, 07:29 PM
It was stated earlier that amazon women only give birth to women. I think Hancock would know if she had a son.

Archangel
Mon, 08-17-2009, 11:25 PM
I'd agree that there are various types of Haki, since so far we've witnessed quite a few abilities that could be explained by that

Vision Haki AKA Mantra - We've first experienced this in the Skypea arc, and if this turns out to be Haki then Oda is my fucking hero

Strengthening Haki - The type seen in the Amazon's arrows and the fat snake's staff

Defense Haki - Could be just the above mentioned haki only applied to specific parts of you own body, or something else entirely since we've only seen a few people do it. Would also explain why the sumo wrestler from back then claimed to have the best defense in the world, perhaps he possesses the strongest defense haki in the world. Could also have something to do with CP9's Tekkai

King's disposition - From what i can tell, the only Haki that can be used as a weapon all by itself. Can't tell if it actually does any physical damage but just knocking people down looks pretty awesome by itself too.