PDA

View Full Version : WTF New Berserk-anime coming!?!

MFauli
Fri, 08-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Ahoi,

apparently, some drunk guy revealed that his friend who works for Studio 4c is working on a new Berserk-anime. Says that itīll be a rather short thing, and posted 4 screenshots.

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e1bt4j.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/11lo6lf.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/5dtm4m.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/15oi0xk.jpg

i have no idea if thats real or not, maybe you guys know more.

damn, and just when we talked about it in the "what manga would you like to see as anime?"-topic, haha.

Board of Command
Fri, 08-14-2009, 04:47 PM
I'll believe it when I see it (or get official confirmation).

Carnage
Fri, 08-14-2009, 04:55 PM
I swear to god if this is a troll I will rage SO hard.

If not, I will cum SO hard.

TheBladeChild
Fri, 08-14-2009, 04:57 PM
I swear to god if this is a troll I will rage SO hard.

If not, I will cum SO hard.

Lol, with all this hullabaloo over Berserk, I really should get around to reading it through all the way.

digitalrurouni
Fri, 08-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Never read Berserk though I heard its good!

MFauli
Fri, 08-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Lol, with all this hullabaloo over Berserk, I really should get around to reading it through all the way.

First, watch the old Berserk-anime
Second, read the manga that is not exactly like the anime and features more content.
Third, read the manga all the way and damn the mangaka for being so slow

Carnage
Fri, 08-14-2009, 05:47 PM
First, watch the old Berserk-anime
Second, read the manga that is not exactly like the anime and features more content.
Third, read the manga all the way and damn the mangaka for being so slow

Are you nuts, first read the manga, THEN watch the anime.

Munsu
Fri, 08-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Even if this is not real, I just got a hardon.

Ryllharu
Fri, 08-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Then watch the English dub outtakes.

The anime is great, but they cut out a lot of the subtle side plots in order to end it at a reasonable spot in the 25 episodes.

I have huge doubts this is real given the claimed source (sister's cousin's roommate), and whatsherface (obvious, but avoiding spoilers) looks a little generic and strange, but that might just be the photo angle.

If that first scene is what I think it is...definite hardon

bagandscalpel
Fri, 08-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Well, shit. I'm really not sure what to make of this.

First off, it'd be awesome if this were true, of course.

But then we get to the screenshots themselves. Now, if this were a sprawling, 300-episode epic OVA, I couldn't be more pleased. However, those scenes are from all over the storyline. This makes me fear the probable half-baked, re-cap job.

Penner
Fri, 08-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Oh My GOD.

This better not be something that drunk tard made up, or i'll focus all my awesome brainpower to make him suffer horrible, horrible things!

Marik
Fri, 08-14-2009, 06:59 PM
I pray that it's real.

Pandadice
Sat, 08-15-2009, 12:53 AM
can you post a link to the place you got the screens?

well if 4°C is doing it, i'll definitely have to watch it.

MFauli
Sat, 08-15-2009, 02:35 AM
google+"neogaf new berserk anime"
ah well, i have it still open, lol, eres the link
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=330057

the heck, no. the manga is much more richer than the anime. if you read the manga first, you wont enjoy the anime as much.

Carnage
Sat, 08-15-2009, 08:21 AM
the heck, no. the manga is much more richer than the anime

Exactly, you'll ruin it if you watch the anime first, because you wont find half the beginning as interesting because you know what happens. Better to enjoy the manga at its best than the anime.

MFauli
Sat, 08-15-2009, 09:05 AM
no, because the anime still is great. and when i read the manga after watching the anime, i wasnt bored at all, i loved the manga...which, as i said, has many differences and additions when compared to the anime-adaption.

Belial
Sat, 08-15-2009, 09:19 AM
if this is true it is quite possibly the greatest news EVER

Carnage
Sat, 08-15-2009, 09:22 AM
no, because the anime still is great. and when i read the manga after watching the anime, i wasnt bored at all, i loved the manga...which, as i said, has many differences and additions when compared to the anime-adaption.

Its probably one's own taste then. Did you watch the anime first?

MFauli
Sat, 08-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Its probably one's own taste then. Did you watch the anime first?

yes. and i definitely wouldnt have enjoyed the anime as much if i knew everything beforehand.

Ryllharu
Sat, 08-15-2009, 10:49 AM
I watched the anime second, and I enjoyed it just as much. It's nice to see a lot of the scenes animated. Though the author is really good at conveying motion (specifically Guts' sword cleaves), full motion is a nice touch.

That and both the English and Japanese casts are great.

Y
Sat, 08-15-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm gonna vote that these are cinematics from a new Berserk videogame. Seems like the only reason a neogaf poster would have these and no one else.

darkshadow
Sat, 08-15-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm gonna vote that these are cinematics from a new Berserk videogame. Seems like the only reason a neogaf poster would have these and no one else.

I find this hard to believe, since the production values are sky high and there really aren't enough people waiting on a berserk game to warrant that kind of budget.

Even more so because 4C also did the cinematics for Street Fighter 4, a very high profile game, yet the production values of said cinematics were pretty low.
The prologue video and the actual one hour anime however were both much higher in quality but still not on the level that is show in those shots.

The production values look only a tad lower then the upcoming Halo anime project, which 4c is also doing.

Carnage
Sat, 08-15-2009, 02:32 PM
yes. and i definitely wouldnt have enjoyed the anime as much if i knew everything beforehand.

I would have to say the same thing about the manga.

itadakimasu
Sat, 08-15-2009, 02:55 PM
FMA, Inuyasha....

Why not remake berzerk. Those screen shots look awesome.

I only read the first 5-6 volumes of the manga and I did like the anime.

MFauli
Sat, 08-15-2009, 03:52 PM
I would have to say the same thing about the manga.

even if you ruin that part of the manga by watching the anime first (which is nonsense, because the manga has more content that isnt featured in the anime), the manga goes far beyond the anime, so iīd rather ruin myself the first 3 volumes of the manga than the whole anime. just my opinion, though.

Carnage
Sat, 08-15-2009, 04:40 PM
even if you ruin that part of the manga by watching the anime first (which is nonsense, because the manga has more content that isnt featured in the anime),

Im referring to the probably 60-70% of the content that's shared, I'd rather experience it in its original form first than be able to anticipate whats going to happen next generally, in the plot. So no, it isn't nonsense. I'd like to enjoy the better medium of this story at its fullest.

the manga goes far beyond the anime, so iīd rather ruin myself the first 3 volumes of the manga than the whole anime. just my opinion, though.

It wouldn't be the first 3 volumes, it would be the first 13.

MFauli
Sat, 08-15-2009, 04:41 PM
thats still only small part of the berserk-manga. i think my point was made clear enough.

Carnage
Sat, 08-15-2009, 08:25 PM
I just can't see who would put in so much time to make this troll. I mean these pictures are amazing if they are fake.

Prof. Chaos
Sat, 08-15-2009, 10:03 PM
I just can't see who would put in so much time to make this troll. I mean these pictures are amazing if they are fake.

That's what I'm thinking.

Also, FAPTASTICAL if true.

Idealistic
Sun, 08-16-2009, 01:50 AM

That's what many said about the Zelda april fools.

But god, please let this be true.

kAi
Mon, 08-17-2009, 03:33 AM
Do not fuck with me!!

btw, Manga first.

TheBladeChild
Mon, 08-17-2009, 05:27 AM
Oh crap..damn my head hurts...

Spent the whole weekend reading all of berserk and I mean all....from beginning to end. I really hope they do follow the manga faithfully if they are truly working on a new series.

This shit is awesome.

Atheist
Mon, 08-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Hope this is real! But I have a hard time believing it.

Ryllharu
Mon, 08-17-2009, 06:37 PM
But I have a hard time believing it.
I can't say I'm surprised.
;)

Atheist
Fri, 09-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Any news about this rumor?

MFauli
Fri, 09-25-2009, 01:56 PM
FFS, just yesterday i though about how there hasnt been any news on this, now i saw this bump, happily click , and...THIS

you made me a sad, sad pana, dude