PDA

View Full Version : Movie: G.I. JOE

darkshadow
Sat, 08-08-2009, 08:39 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/00/Gijoeofficialposter.jpg

Remember kids, G.I. JOE: Rise of Cobra is freaking badass and you should all watch it trice! Oh and there is nothing after the credits!

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle ;).

Geeeee Eyee JOEEEEE!

P.S.

Snake eyes, Army of Two and Crysis were badass.

RyougaZell
Sat, 08-08-2009, 10:10 PM
I went to watch Harry Potter today for 2nd time. The IMAX machine broke before they started so they gave me 2 free tickets. They said they were going to proyect the normal non-imax version and that we should wait. Ten minutes later they said they couldn't do so and that we were free to enter any other movie apart from the already free 2 tickets.

I went to see GI JOE.

Freaking good.

Baroness and Scarlet were so hot... lol.

And the ending screams sequel...

Was there really nothing at the end credits? I left in a hurry as soon as it ended, because I hadn't eaten yet and I lost 1 hour with the other movie breaking down.

darkshadow
Sat, 08-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Yep nothing, I was really hoping for something though ;(. But yeah scarlett, oh my.

NarutoAngel221
Sun, 08-09-2009, 10:31 AM
I havent watch it yet but I have seen that a lot of cinemas are opened with just the same movie G.I Joe so I wonder if this is something nice to watch for kids?

shinta|hikari
Wed, 08-12-2009, 04:06 AM
Lots of killing, and explosions, so yes.

I loved Snake Eyes. The movie should be titled after him. Something like "Snake Eyes and the rise of hot girls"

Idealistic
Wed, 08-12-2009, 09:34 AM
This movie wasn't that good. Weak plot, mediocre acting(especially Duke), cliche and predictable.

Lots of action though so the movie wasn't all that bad. It's just that to me, action isn't everything.

Psyke
Wed, 08-12-2009, 10:16 AM
I wrote a short review (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/user/716221/reviews/view.php?type=2&id=1193682) for this movie after watching it today. I liked it. :)

darkshadow
Wed, 08-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Nice review, though I liked snake eyes a whole lot more then storm shadow. Even though he didn't speak any lines, Ray Park managed to give snake eyes a great presence in pretty much every scene.
And yeah their origin story was very corny, but it didn't bother me that much. Also Heavy Duty also said "Yo Joe" when they arrived at the underwater base, iirc.

Overall, even though the plot was mediocre, I thought it was highly enjoyable because of the great pacing, and ofcourse the awesome action.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 09-04-2009, 09:17 PM
I thought this movie was alright. Action was good, but I wasn't quite able to suspend my disbelief. It didn't help that the sonic guns that fire bubbles looked kind of bad.

This was mainly because I didn't know this had a cartoon.

I liked both Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. Storm Shadow because of his attitude, and Snake Eyes because I was hoping to see his face every time he got screentime.