PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 459

Marik
Thu, 08-06-2009, 11:00 PM
SleepyFans - SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/rp19sg) - MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?v3zmzidtmtn) - One Manga (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/459/01)

No Shounen Jump next week.

RasenDori
Thu, 08-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Wait a minute! Isn't the byakugan sealed upon the death of a branch family member? It didn't seem like Neji and Hinata's grandfather was killed. I thought that was him in this scene: http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/105/12/ Where on earth with Ao get that byakugan?

Kudos to Naruto's allies for making their decision, and it seems that Sakura gained some resolve at the end. I wonder what it is that she wants to do.

Man... Zetsu totally narced on Sasuke. His home village is still unknown. It would be really funny if Zetsu ended up being a Hidden Cloud ninja. That would shut Raikage up a bit. :D

LaZie
Thu, 08-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Who was Uchiha Shisui again? Was he Itachi's best bud?

Marik
Thu, 08-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Who was Uchiha Shisui again? Was he Itachi's best bud?
Yeah, that's him. The one he killed to obtain the Mangekyou Sharingan.

My favorite part of this chapter, was Ino's ooh ooh.

Sam98034
Thu, 08-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Yep. I think so. Now for the conspiracy theories. Did somebody "invent" the condition of getting MS in order to get a certain somebody else killed?

The Chancellor
Thu, 08-06-2009, 11:52 PM
His home village is still unknown. It would be really funny if Zetsu ended up being a Hidden Cloud ninja. That would shut Raikage up a bit. :D That would a lol for the ages. And an awesome twist.

unandpw
Thu, 08-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Zetsu's appearance on the last page reminds me of The Shining. "Here's Johnny!"

And what the hell is with people stealing eyes now? Are they from New Jersey?

Sam98034
Fri, 08-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Explain the Jersey reference please.

unandpw
Fri, 08-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Explain the Jersey reference please.
I'm guessing you live there. I was referring to the recent corruption charges over people illegally selling organs.

Sam98034
Fri, 08-07-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm guessing you live there. I was referring to the recent corruption charges over people illegally selling organs.

Nope, don't live there. I do recall hearing about that somewhere, though. Weren't there rabis involved as well?

RyougaZell
Fri, 08-07-2009, 12:20 AM
This chapter was simply great.
Eye stealing seems to be the newest trend.

I dunno what sudden decision Sakura came to, but for fucks sake... I hope its something along the line of stopping Sasuke even if they kill him. He has committed just too many crimes already to be forgiven at the end.

Zetsu was hilarious.

Rikudo
Fri, 08-07-2009, 12:21 AM
So did Danzou made a seal, hence Aoi noticing the chakra change in Danzou's arm and shoulder.

And it seems like Madara wants the Kages' to split up and look for Sasuke so he can pick them one by one.

FireEmblem
Fri, 08-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Shikamaru displaying his kage-level decision making skills and leadership!

This chapter was amazing. Ao telling his partner to knuckle up was slick as hell. I gained a little respect for Kishi for not making these bodyguards just fodder characters (for now). That guy totally revealed Danzou and gave us an explanation to his Sharinganigans and if he is actually using that Doujutsu on Mifune, also revealed why Mifune was so quick to pick Danzou.

Shit was about to get crazy, and at that point it was an already great chapter, but then Zetsu coming out like that. He looked creepy as fuck, and coming out right in the middle just added to the badassness! So I wonder what will happen now at this meeting. This could go in so many directions at this point!

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 08-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Did not expect much from this chapter due to how it started, but the way it end was pretty sweet. Nice to have Danzou outed. I was hoping that it wasn't going to be this long drawn out secret.

Sam98034
Fri, 08-07-2009, 01:08 AM
So, any predictions? Is Madara trying to get rid of Sasuke or the Kages, or maybe something else completely. Where's Naruto in all this, by the way?

Assertn
Fri, 08-07-2009, 01:16 AM
I thought Zetsu was from the grass village....

Pandadice
Fri, 08-07-2009, 02:08 AM
I dunno what sudden decision Sakura came to, but for fucks sake... I hope its something along the line of stopping Sasuke even if they kill him. He has committed just too many crimes already to be forgiven at the end.

wait, what crimes has he committed? killing Orochimaru, and failing to capture the 8-tails?

awesome chapter. too bad there isn't one next week :x

rockmanj
Fri, 08-07-2009, 02:58 AM
wait, what crimes has he committed? killing Orochimaru, and failing to capture the 8-tails?

He's a missing nin. He willingly defected from his village, and was working for Akatsuki.

depthcharge
Fri, 08-07-2009, 03:44 AM
Nah, Sasuke isnt a missing nin. He was under orders by the village elders/Danzo to infiltrate Orochimaru's organization.

A secret top rank A++ mission.

At least thats my theory.

When Naruto and Sakura finally kills Sasuke, he will reveal to them, I was a spy working for the village. Dont think bad of me. Peace and love forever. Oh, both of u can take one of my eye each. Additionally, I have stored vials of my sperms in XX secret facilities at old Orochimaru hideout.

Revive my clan for me!!!

Revelation of the Shisui eye and arm. Only supports the theory that Shisui was one of the most powerful Sharingan user at he time the rebellion was planned. Evil Danzo got win of it and took part in the battle with Itachi to kill him.
Amazing that non of the Uchiha police took note that somethings were missing from Shisui and Danzo. Surely all the ?Hyuga who were around should have scanned these naughty thief.

RasenDori
Fri, 08-07-2009, 07:23 AM
I thought Zetsu was from the grass village....

It's only assumed that he's from the hidden grass because, well... he looks looks like a venus fly trap. But we've never seen a headband on him, and according to the last data book his village is unknown.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-07-2009, 08:29 AM
well, so above all the other bad things he's done, Danzou now had Itachi kill Shisui so he could get a sharingan eye?

although, for his defense, it should be the village rule. maybe the anbu wouldn't be so useless if they were given a sharingan eye. I'm willing to bet that there are enough ninjas who would agree to the deal.

Archangel
Fri, 08-07-2009, 08:32 AM

Yes, you're perfectly right

It's not like attempt at murder is wrong at all, because it didn't work!

I say they welcome Sasuke back to Konoha with beers and whores and let bygones be bygones

The Chancellor
Fri, 08-07-2009, 08:42 AM
And it seems like Madara wants the Kages' to split up and look for Sasuke so he can pick them one by one. That's what I found most interesting actually because it seems like it could actually happen. For the people wanting something more from Madara, this could be a chickens before they hatch scenario, but it would a hell of a thing for Kishi to pull off.

RyougaZell
Fri, 08-07-2009, 09:09 AM

1) Defecting his own village
2) Attempting to murder a comrade with Chidori
3) Working under an S-class Missin-nin (who murdered 3 Kage)
4) Could have caused war if his actions against KillerBee were blamed to Konoha.
5) Becoming a member of Akatsuki (at least this is what everybody believes since he wears its cloak)
6) He intents to destroy Konoha and / or kill the 5 Kage.

So you are right. He hasn't commited any crime. Like Archie says, lets welcome him back with a glass of beer and open arms!

Someone said a spy for Danzou? That's retarded.

Pandadice
Fri, 08-07-2009, 12:51 PM
He's a missing nin. He willingly defected from his village, and was working for Akatsuki.

oh right, since running away from home is such a morally wrong and sociably inexcusable action. people who run away should be shot on sight, regardless of any kind of reasons they have.

what kind of dictatorship world do you guys see the Narutoverse as, that someone can't just go away from the village to do what he wants? why are the ninja so set-in-stone that they can't leave? that's just retarded. plus, he ran away from home so he could kill another missing nin from Konoha. so if you're looking at it from a "end justifies the means" viewpoint, yeah, pretty much everything he's done so far is perfectly acceptable. killing the missing nin, killing Orochimaru (someone who wanted to, and attempted to destroy Konoha)

I say they welcome Sasuke back to Konoha with beers and whores and let bygones be bygones

1 murder attempt? man, all those crimeS are seriously building up now. a ninja attempted to kill an innocent ninja from another country? Preposterous!!

already covered, boy.

who? Naruto? naruto threw a rasengan right back at him so don't even give me that, boy.

who he later killed. saving the rest of the world from the bad-mans evil agenda. plus, he did go around to some of his prisons and free the innocent humans. but you're right, him doing that is a crime. unforgivable

4) Could have caused war if his actions against KillerBee were blamed to Konoha.
seriously? isn't that what diplomacy is for? yeah, a missing nin did something to another country, not his fault that the country is too dumb to realize he's not associated with his home anymore. plus it's KIllabee's fault for running away. something that you guys seem to think sasuke needs to be killed for.

5) Becoming a member of Akatsuki (at least this is what everybody believes since he wears its cloak)
calling stretch, because this is a purely "from the kages viewpoint" accusation. plus, the kages themselves use akatsuki bro. so whats the big deal if he's doing the same?

the only dude he wants to kill is danzou or the village elders. if Shikamaru or someone took over the village I don't think he'd have any problem at all with who's in charge.

So you are right. He hasn't commited any crime. Like Archie says, lets welcome him back with a glass of beer and open arms!

awesome sarcasm bro. just shut your mouth next time, okay?

i'm sure i'm gonna get plenty more neg reps for this post. D:

XanBcoo
Fri, 08-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Pandadice, are you being serious or are you trolling?

You did not offer one valid refutation of RZ's points. None of those arguments make any sense whatsoever. I don't think you understand that just because you, the omniscient viewer, haven't been affected by Sasuke's actions, doesn't mean the other characters haven't.

Edit: I hope Ao's Byakugan fits in to the story on some deeper level than "Kishimoto needed a way for someone to out Danzo for manipulating everyone"

Surely he could have sent Neji along if that was the case.

Edit 2: I'm so happy it was revealed Danzo has mind-control powers. That explains the stupidity of him being elected Hokage/Ninja Emperor.

It's still very Deus-Ex but at least we know the characters themselves aren't completely brain-dead.

Archangel
Fri, 08-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Edit: I hope Ao's Byakugan fits in to the story on some deeper level than "Kishimoto needed a way for someone to out Danzo for manipulating everyone"

Surely he could have sent Neji along if that was the case.

Edit 2: I'm so happy it was revealed Danzo has mind-control powers. That explains the stupidity of him being elected Hokage/Ninja Emperor.

It's still very Deus-Ex but at least we know the characters themselves aren't completely brain-dead.

Neji wouldn't be able to identify the chakra as being Shisui's (sp?)

And i hadn't thought about that, i'm very happy about it too now

XanBcoo
Fri, 08-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Neji wouldn't be able to identify the chakra as being Shisui's (sp?)
There's an entire sub-village of people living in Konoha that already has the Byakugan. Surely one of the Hyuuga would have seen Shisui's chakra inside Danzo.

Either there's another reason Kishimoto decided to give a random character the Byakugan, or he wrote himself into a wall and needed an out.

Keno
Fri, 08-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Not to add more fuel to the Madara/Danzou fire, but what if Tobi/Madara's intentions of sending Sasuke in are to make the Kage's accept Danzou as leader once he "disposes" of the "evil Akatsuki" member known as Uchiha Sasuke? Everything clicks at this moment. Think about it, first he sends Sasuke to get the 8-Tails and now that the Raikage seems the less inclined to accept Danzou, Danzou goes and disposes of Sasuke. He would gain the respect of him and everyone else, add to that the possibility that they are the same person (or at least they are working together) and you have an Empire. 5 Villages + Akatsuki, with Danzou/Madara as leader.

Doesn't sound too far fetched to me. Although the little "!!" when Zetzu appeared makes it seems like he (Danzou) was surprised as if he didn't know anything about it.

Can't wait to see WTH is really going on in this mess.

Archangel
Fri, 08-07-2009, 01:52 PM
There's an entire sub-village of people living in Konoha that already has the Byakugan. Surely one of the Hyuuga would have seen Shisui's chakra inside Danzo.

Either there's another reason Kishimoto decided to give a random character the Byakugan, or he wrote himself into a wall and needed an out.

Yes, but why would Danzou willingly bring someone who could blow his cover?

You're probably right about the wall, it wouldn't be the first time

XanBcoo
Fri, 08-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Yes, but why would Danzou willingly bring someone who could blow his cover?
Well, I meant it more as a "Why has this never been brought up before?"

How long has Danzo had the right half of Shisui? And no one's ever noticed that before?

Sam98034
Fri, 08-07-2009, 02:05 PM

It's probably because you can only see the chakra while using the mind contol technique. So Danzo would probably just not use it around people with Byakugan.

Archangel
Fri, 08-07-2009, 02:14 PM
It's probably because you can only see the chakra while using the mind contol technique. So Danzo would probably just not use it around people with Byakugan.

Exactly, probably because if it was in constant use it would be impossible for him to maintain that eye, the same as kakashi

PS: Kakashi is loosing cool point fast, with all these special eyes popping out of nowhere

XanBcoo
Fri, 08-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Exactly, probably because if it was in constant use it would be impossible for him to maintain that eye, the same as kakashi
Except Kakashi's Sharingan is always in constant use. That's why he covers it up. This would seem to be the case with Danzo.

That's assuming quite a lot. Also Ao sees the chakra in Danzo's right arm as well as his eye, so it's got nothing to do with the sharingan at all. The image shown is the same one we see that every Byakugan user sees. To my knowledge the Byakugan can't tell what kind of jutsu is being performed, and Ao simply recognizes Shisui's chakra. He never actually says "Danzo is controlling everyone."

Pastor Cookies
Fri, 08-07-2009, 04:36 PM
The chapte was awesome! I'm starting to think that Danzo and Madara gotta be connected some how...Zetsu just happens to show up right when Danzo is about to be interrogated about his eye. Dammit Madara and thank you at the same time for the extra dose of drama with the change of events. Now instead of the heat being on Danzo its on Sasuke. Madara's playing team hawk right back into his grasp. He can't control Sasuke but he can always have Sasuke working for him by assigning him a mission and then purposely screwing it up for him. The way this is going Sasuke with never be able to get away from Madara unless Naruto steps in and they join forces.

Shikamaru and the gang coming together to take out Sasuke is another awesome part of this chapter. Finally were gonna see the next gen of baddasses all work together when they are older. I haven't been this excited in along time....There are so many possiblity of goodness about to happen its bananas!

rockmanj
Fri, 08-07-2009, 04:55 PM
oh right, since running away from home is such a morally wrong and sociably inexcusable action. people who run away should be shot on sight, regardless of any kind of reasons they have.

what kind of dictatorship world do you guys see the Narutoverse as, that someone can't just go away from the village to do what he wants? why are the ninja so set-in-stone that they can't leave? that's just retarded. plus, he ran away from home so he could kill another missing nin from Konoha. so if you're looking at it from a "end justifies the means" viewpoint, yeah, pretty much everything he's done so far is perfectly acceptable. killing the missing nin, killing Orochimaru (someone who wanted to, and attempted to destroy Konoha)

1 murder attempt? man, all those crimeS are seriously building up now. a ninja attempted to kill an innocent ninja from another country? Preposterous!!

already covered, boy.

who? Naruto? naruto threw a rasengan right back at him so don't even give me that, boy.

who he later killed. saving the rest of the world from the bad-mans evil agenda. plus, he did go around to some of his prisons and free the innocent humans. but you're right, him doing that is a crime. unforgivable

seriously? isn't that what diplomacy is for? yeah, a missing nin did something to another country, not his fault that the country is too dumb to realize he's not associated with his home anymore. plus it's KIllabee's fault for running away. something that you guys seem to think sasuke needs to be killed for.

calling stretch, because this is a purely "from the kages viewpoint" accusation. plus, the kages themselves use akatsuki bro. so whats the big deal if he's doing the same?

the only dude he wants to kill is danzou or the village elders. if Shikamaru or someone took over the village I don't think he'd have any problem at all with who's in charge.

awesome sarcasm bro. just shut your mouth next time, okay?

i'm sure i'm gonna get plenty more neg reps for this post. D:

I hope this really is trolling...

I'm just going to bring up one very salient point about the missing-nin thing.

Ninja villages do not want their secrets getting out, because they do not want other countries knowing of them. So, usually when a ninja goes missing, they put a hit out on them so that they don't give up the village secrets. Now, in Sasuke's case this goes double, as he is the last known natural Sharingan user, which would be of great value to opposing nations if it was acquired. This is the prime reason that Sasuke is a criminal in the Naruto world (in Konoha's eyes), and Tracking down missing-nin is one of the jobs of ANBU

RyougaZell
Fri, 08-07-2009, 06:52 PM
I'll ignore such blatant troll... those answers seemed to show someone who never has seen this show before...

If we follow this logic... then none of Akatsuki are evil. Just misunderstood little bunnies :rolleyes:

Well, I meant it more as a "Why has this never been brought up before?"

How long has Danzo had the right half of Shisui? And no one's ever noticed that before?

My guess is that Danzo lost an eye during the war. Probably during the battle alongside Hanzo against Nagato. Thus, no one found it strange that he wore a bandage on his head all his life.

What intrigues me, as you mentioned it, is how the hell did he manage to not let people notice he had a new arm?

All this time I though he was missing one btw.

He probably stole that half the very same night Itachi killed Shisui... or... Itachi never did kill Shisui, but Danzou did. No nevermind... this wouldn't make sense.

Danzou probably had his body attached to Shisui's after Itachi fleed. And probably killed the medics (Rin maybe? we never knew her fate)

But yes... wtf have the Hyuuga been doing the past decade? Or did he use his new eye to distract them?

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-07-2009, 07:14 PM
well, it was said that Shinsui's suicide note was in his own handwriting.

Spaceaprion
Fri, 08-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Well, whatever reason Madara has for sending in Sasuke, we can be fairly sure it isn't to get him killed. He still needs Sasuke for the giant statue.

Sidnne
Fri, 08-07-2009, 08:52 PM
My guess is that Danzo lost an eye during the war. Probably during the battle alongside Hanzo against Nagato.

Danzou didn't fight alongside Hanzo against Nagato.

UChessmaster
Fri, 08-07-2009, 09:13 PM

Didn`t he now?

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/446/13/

RyougaZell
Fri, 08-07-2009, 09:27 PM

Do tell then what happens in this page? I see both Hanzo and Danzou together against Nagato's faction.

However... do note he already didn't had an eye here, so discard the theory of him losing the eye here. But the battle DID take place.

Sidnne
Fri, 08-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Didn`t he now?

No. He didn't.

Do tell then what happens in this page? I see both Hanzo and Danzou together against Nagato's faction.

Danzou isn't actually there with Hanzo. His image appears because Nagato mentioned his name. Its pretty clear that the ONLY frame Danzou appears in during that flashback is a recollection frame due to the black background and him not being out in the rain like everyone else.

poopdeville
Fri, 08-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Then why is he wearing his sword? He's Roots ANBU. Are you sure he's not wearing a mask and fighting?

Sidnne
Fri, 08-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Then why is he wearing his sword? He's Roots ANBU. Are you sure he's not wearing a mask and fighting?

Its just his image appearing due to his name being mentioned. I don't know why that would be difficult to understand for anyone who isn't new to manga.

samsonlonghair
Fri, 08-07-2009, 10:36 PM
I love that Shikamaru and crew are teaming up to take Sasuke matters into their own hands.

Where the hell is Naruto in this chapter? The damn book is named after him, but he only gets one page plus one panel out of the whole chapter. He spent his whole time laying on the floor pouting about Sasuke. Hell of a main character.

UChessmaster
Fri, 08-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Sidnne is right that was my bad.

Pandadice
Sat, 08-08-2009, 01:56 AM
I hope this really is trolling...

I'm just going to bring up one very salient point about the missing-nin thing.

Ninja villages do not want their secrets getting out, because they do not want other countries knowing of them. So, usually when a ninja goes missing, they put a hit out on them so that they don't give up the village secrets. Now, in Sasuke's case this goes double, as he is the last known natural Sharingan user, which would be of great value to opposing nations if it was acquired. This is the prime reason that Sasuke is a criminal in the Naruto world (in Konoha's eyes), and Tracking down missing-nin is one of the jobs of ANBU

if tracking down missing nins is so important, then why wasn't Orochimaru and Itachi killed sooner?

plus, he only became a missing nin to kill another missing ninja. if the death of ninja who "betray" they're village is so important, then shouldn't he get some credit for killing two of konoha's most powerful missing nins?

Orochimaru went to war with the village, and Sasuke killed him. and he gets nothing at all for doing that? he gets nothing for killing the man who killed the 3rd hokage?

the only reason he should be regarded as a criminal is because of his attack on Killabee. Which is only viewed as a bad thing because Killabee decided to run away from his village after the failed attempt. if he had gone back to the cloud-kage, and been like "yeah, akatsuki attacked me, but i'm too strong" then i doubt this whole meeting would have ever come about.

Sam98034
Sat, 08-08-2009, 02:09 AM
if tracking down missing nins is so important, then why wasn't Orochimaru and Itachi killed sooner?

Who in the village could kill them after they tracked them down? Have you read this manga or seen the show?

Archangel
Sat, 08-08-2009, 09:17 AM

plus, he only became a missing nin to kill another missing ninja. if the death of ninja who "betray" they're village is so important, then shouldn't he get some credit for killing two of konoha's most powerful missing nins?

Orochimaru went to war with the village, and Sasuke killed him. and he gets nothing at all for doing that? he gets nothing for killing the man who killed the 3rd hokage?

the only reason he should be regarded as a criminal is because of his attack on Killabee. Which is only viewed as a bad thing because Killabee decided to run away from his village after the failed attempt. if he had gone back to the cloud-kage, and been like "yeah, akatsuki attacked me, but i'm too strong" then i doubt this whole meeting would have ever come about.

We're done with this, stop with the fucking trolling already

Pandadice
Sat, 08-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Who in the village could kill them after they tracked them down?

sasuke..

FelixZeroAlastor
Sat, 08-08-2009, 10:29 AM

To begin, Itachi and Orochimaru are in whole different leagues of power. It took the Hokage's life just to get his arms >.>. Do you really think some lowly ANBU would've stood a shadow of a chance. They didn't even know what Orochimaru looked like at the beginning of the series. He changes bodies if you even watched/read this series. It wasn't until the end of the Exams that they found out who he was and even then it was too late. Also add on the fact that Orochimaru is no idiot and wasn't going to get caught with all of his diguises/plans/and hideouts.

Itachi was part of Akatsuki and originally in ANBU. Like he would be caught by the people he worked for. On top of that his power was far surpassed Orochimaru's. If it took a Hokage's death to slow down him what makes you think any other ninja were up to the task of killing Itachi. And yes Itachi was stronger than Orochimaru. Orochimaru admitted this himself.

Now even though Sasuke killed one of those Ninja (Itachi killed Orochimaru. If you read this series then you would know this.) he did it for his own reasons. That doesn't make him a hero. Now if he killed him then went strait back to the village WITH his body then it may have. But seeing as he turned right around and joined a group that wants the world under their rule alone, I see that him being killed is justified. Add in that he got Killerbee (of course ONLY WE the viewers/readers and Akatsuki know that he is alive) and nearly started a war himself.

And to end this Sasuke is known to be a definite member of Akatsuki because he was seen and he wears their colors. This makes him top priority because they have identified him and he has directly affected a country.

BTW being in Akatsuki is sufficient reason for being killed. If you read this series then you would know Akatsuki has committed countless atrocities. Nearly destroyed the Sand Village, nearly killed Garra, destroyed Konoha, manipulated countries, captured the tailed beasts, is comprised of powerful missing nin, killed many Ninja, incited war... the list goes on for days.

Also technically Orochimaru is dead and at the same time he is not as confirmed by Konoha ninjas. If Kabuto loses then Orochi is back.

And to your above post I say no. Clearly you just proved right there that you skimmed this series and didn't even READ IT. Sasuke wasn't even on their level when he was in the village nor anyone else except Jiriya. and he was training Naruto. So yeah... good job there.

depthcharge
Sat, 08-08-2009, 10:45 AM

Please dont take this offensively. Regardless of how much hatred on people who betrays. Just look at how Itachi turned out.

If what Madara/Tobi said about Itachi is even close to the any part of the truth, Itachi did not betray his village. He obeyed an order to prevent an uprising. He should no longer be classified as a missing-nin, rather a agent that really got his bottom taken out because of the secrecy of his mission.

However, Itachi was labeled as a missing-nin, despite the knowledge of this by the 3rd Hokage, elders and Danzo? They keep the secret and not openly declaring to have Itachi eliminated?

Sasuke, did in the eyes of the whole village betrayed them, by leaving to join Orochimaru.
He left because he wanted power to get rid of the mass murderer Itachi. While the end means, is for his clan and village, the way he went about it was wrong. Despite labeling it wrong, Sasuke did made a conscious effort not to kill his best friend off and just walked off, saying he would get power without killing his best friend, lesser of 2 evil.

That alone is good enough for his friend, I am sure this is not a sign of utter viciousness/disloyalty. Sasuke did do a lot of good, as we know he didnt kill people wantonly and in all cases just disabled, like the Gundam seed hero(Kira) - cant say the same about Jugo, Sound five like Kimmimaro, Orochimaru's previous bodies.

As for attacking killabee, that is once again due to the Akatsuki evil leaders, for now he has the goal of killing Danzo for what he did to his brother, therefore he follows once again bad company. But if he is capable of killing Orochimaru, we can only keep our finger crossed that he can eliminate the Akatsuki.

depthcharge
Sat, 08-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Now even though Sasuke killed one of those Ninja (Itachi killed Orochimaru. If you read this series then you would know this.) he did it for his own reasons. That doesn't make him a hero. Now if he killed him then went strait back to the village WITH his body then it may have. But seeing as he turned right around and joined a group that wants the world under their rule alone, I see that him being killed is justified. Add in that he got Killerbee (of course ONLY WE the viewers/readers and Akatsuki know that he is alive) and nearly started a war himself.

Well, in case you have forgotten, Sasuke's mission was not over yet, at least his own goal was to kill Itachi and no one could have predicted that he would not have just went back to Konoha after taking out Itachi. It was interception by Tobi that prevented Naruto from meeting Sasuke after Itachi died, which I am sure he would have been able to calm him down.

Pandadice
Sat, 08-08-2009, 11:07 AM
To begin, Itachi and Orochimaru are in whole different leagues of power. It took the Hokage's life just to get his arms >.>. Do you really think some lowly ANBU would've stood a shadow of a chance. They didn't even know what Orochimaru looked like at the beginning of the series. He changes bodies if you even watched/read this series. It wasn't until the end of the Exams that they found out who he was and even then it was too late. Also add on the fact that Orochimaru is no idiot and wasn't going to get caught with all of his diguises/plans/and hideouts.

Itachi was part of Akatsuki and originally in ANBU. Like he would be caught by the people he worked for. On top of that his power was far surpassed Orochimaru's. If it took a Hokage's death to slow down him what makes you think any other ninja were up to the task of killing Itachi. And yes Itachi was stronger than Orochimaru. Orochimaru admitted this himself.

and sasuke killed them.... the most powerful, un-catch-able evil nins, and sasuke tracked them down and killed them. sure, it took 3 years, but he still did it...

wait, you mean when sasuke is fighting itachi, and that small part of orochimaru who latched onto sasuke came out? okay, even though itachi finished off the fragment of orochimaru's spirit that was residing in sasuke until that moment, Sasuke took all of his power and freed his prisoners, and prevented him from committing anymore atrocities.

And to end this Sasuke is known to be a definite member of Akatsuki because he was seen and he wears their colors. This makes him top priority because they have identified him and he has directly affected a country.

is isn't a real akatsuki member. Hawk still functions as it's own entity. he's juts using akatsuki to fulfill his goal. (something that the kages do from time to time).

BTW being in Akatsuki is sufficient reason for being killed. If you read this series then you would know Akatsuki has committed countless atrocities. Nearly destroyed the Sand Village, nearly killed Garra, destroyed Konoha, manipulated countries, captured the tailed beasts, is comprised of powerful missing nin, killed many Ninja, incited war... the list goes on for days.

he isn't in akatsuki, he's in Hawk, who's teaming with akatsuki.

Also technically Orochimaru is dead and at the same time he is not as confirmed by Konoha ninjas. If Kabuto loses then Orochi is back.

Kabuto integrated fragments of orochimaru's corpse into him. orochimaru was more alive in Sasuke than he is in Kabuto. all that matters is that now Orochimaru has no power, and he can't do anything. stealing body parts from dead people and utilizing their power is common in their world...

depthcharge
Sat, 08-08-2009, 11:27 AM

Someone said a spy for Danzou? That's retarded.

1. I would not say he did not break any rules, laws or regulation of the sectarian Ninja village.
If he lived in a democratic society, having a change of a Teacher is perfectly fine. He made a choice, it may be good or bad, you cant judge him just based on the fact that it was against the rule.

2. He did attempt to murder Naruto. But when it really mattered he did not finish Naruto off, he had a shred of good in him. This must be brought up so as not to continuously bash Sasuke.

3. When you obey mindlessly what your teacher orders you, you do all kind of bad things and good ones. But his goal of becoming powerful, he pretty much only did the lesser evil of all things. Remember the field of ninjas? and Orochimaru commenting that he is not killing all those people whom he defeated.

4. Couldnt have caused a war against Konoha, Konoha cooperated immediately by providing information on Akatsuki. The lightning village was more or less begging Konoha for information, while Konoha being ravaged by Akatsuki itself was more then willing to cooperate.

5. Once again, Sasuke even though has the Sharingan, has not prove to be entirely great at preventing himself from being manipulated by old timer. It is a bad decision to just believe in what Tobi tells him.

6. Wow, where did he announce that he wants to destroy the entire Konoha, that is way too strong, because I dont think he would want to kill the Ramen vendor. Please correct your believe.

From the point of view of the Kage summit, yes a hunt on anyone of the Akatsuki member would be valid. Do not just focus on Sasuke. That would be prudent.

From the point of view of the individual villages, they might want to hunt specific Akatsuki members, or harbor them based on "emotional" events as I have listed above. Only certain subset of members in the village would feel that way.

I take offense that you have went and insulted my idea as retarded. As I had written, it is a theory, a possible plot that Danzo was using Sasuke as a spy to kill Orochimaru and or now Akatsuki. If you have your mind closed, and unable to read beneath the line, that is where you fail. This is a ninja manga for fuck sake, dont just take everything for granted and like its the unbreakable rule.

rockmanj
Sat, 08-08-2009, 11:53 AM
>_< I don't know what else to say...this trollery is out of hand.

I do not know what more explanations either of you all possibly need. It seems like you all either did not read the series, or did not properly comprehend it. If someone is associated with an international criminal group, they might as well be a part of it, especially if they are carrying out missions for them; essentially they are one and the same at that point. And I don't think anyone cares about what Sasuke almost didn't do or who corrupted him, or how he feels. According to the Law of the land in Naruto, He is a criminal, plain and simple. Even Tsunade knew this, but she just wasn't hardline enough to have him done in. However, if he had been caught, I doubt Konoha would have just forgiven him for running away.

On another note, I wonder who is policing Konoha now? Surely they must have gotten a new police force since all the Uchihas died.

darkshadow
Sat, 08-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Sasuke hasn't killed anyone yet, he sealed Oro but was slowly losing control. Itachi practically committed suicide because he wanted to rid his precious little brother of Oro and make him a hero of Konoha.

This however proves that Sasuke is a dumbass cause it just backfired since Sasuke has run away and sided with the wrong people and he DID say he would kill the elders of konoha, and even if they might've had some sort of evil agenda (danzou excluded ofcourse), that would still be a very hostile act against the village.

So he became somewhat of a hero, but then he committed several hostile acts:
1. Joining akatsuki - hostile against everyone.
2. Attacking Killerbee, and hawk killing Jay - Hostile against lightning.
3. Plotting to kill danzou and elders - hostile against konoha (ok, I don't think anyone would care about danzou really, but the others seem alright).

To the rest of the ninja world Sasuke just appears as a missing-nin with a very random hostile agenda and is clearly a criminal no matter what his motives are. If he just went back to konoha with itachi's body..... I think everything would've been fine.

poopdeville
Sat, 08-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Pandadice and depthcharge make good points.

Sasuke has probably done more good for Konoha than bad, either on accident or on purpose. We will have to wait and see why that is, if there is a cohesive reason at all. I suspect the Third and Fourth Hokages know something we don't. Unfortunately, if only the Third knew this hypothetical secret, he took it to the grave.

Either way, lets take stock of what he has done. He killed Orochimaru, Deidara, and Itachi. Three Akatsuki. Because of Itachi's Amaterasu, Sasuke knows that Amaterasu isn't effective against Madara's space-time jutsu (and neither is raikiri) and is looking for a weakness. Through accident and on purpose, Sasuke has tried to kill Akatsuki's leader twice.

Killing Itachi wasn't such a win for Konoha, but certainly Danzou must have cheered a little bit inside. Konoha's leadership considered Itachi a missing-nin despite knowing the truth of his story. On the other hand, I don't expect the Sandaime Hokage to have sent out many ANBU teams after Itachi.

Killing off Deidara and Orochimaru are clear wins for Konoha.

Also, missing-nin status is rather odd. Jiraiya and Tsunade left Konoha for years at a time, and we've seen Jiraiya do it without "body guards" to protect the secrets of his body. He didn't even ask for permission to teach Nagato and the kids. He just stayed.

Tsunade was literally missing. Jiraiya and Naruto had to seek her out. Being a missing nin is obviously not that serious on its own, and in fact seems like a label villages use to distance themselves from rogue ninjas politically.

Let's not forget that Danzou is an unambiguous enemy of Konoha too, at this point. His stupid Sharingan shenanigans have done more to start a war than Sasuke's attack on Killerbee. Using your Sharingan's hypnotic powers to become Hokage is betrayal too. Killing Danzou isn't exactly a bad thing, even if Konoha doesn't know it yet.

The rest are what-ifs and maybes. Some point to Sasuke being beyond redemption. Some point to Sasuke being ANBU, like Itachi and Kakashi before him at his pre-timeskip age. Unfortunately for Sasuke, most of what Konoha's characters know about points to the former. I can understand why they feel the need to eliminate him.

But if we're going to judge the merits of that position, we need to either do it from an omniscient perspective, or from Konoha's perspective. Konoha doesn't know anything about Sasuke wanting to kill Danzou and the elders. So that should not enter into Konoha's considerations. From Konoha's point of view, the only thing he has done that is unambiguously bad is attacking Killa Bee.

RyougaZell
Sat, 08-08-2009, 06:43 PM
1. I would not say he did not break any rules, laws or regulation of the sectarian Ninja village.
If he lived in a democratic society, having a change of a Teacher is perfectly fine. He made a choice, it may be good or bad, you cant judge him just based on the fact that it was against the rule.

He betrayed the village. Period. He became a criminal once he decided to leave the village and join one of their worst enemies.

2. He did attempt to murder Naruto. But when it really mattered he did not finish Naruto off, he had a shred of good in him. This must be brought up so as not to continuously bash Sasuke.

Do you remember that no one knew Naruto was the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki? Therefore, he tried with all his might to kill him when he impaled him with Chidori.

Lets say someone tries to kill you. They hurt you. A lot. And at the end they decide not to kill you. Oh well, what does it matter? You are alive! Let that person go free! He didn't kill you so it doesn't matter!

3. When you obey mindlessly what your teacher orders you, you do all kind of bad things and good ones. But his goal of becoming powerful, he pretty much only did the lesser evil of all things. Remember the field of ninjas? and Orochimaru commenting that he is not killing all those people whom he defeated.

Sasuke may have decided to not kill in order to not do what his brother said. Correct. But he still was following a wanted criminal. Willingly.

4. Couldnt have caused a war against Konoha, Konoha cooperated immediately by providing information on Akatsuki. The lightning village was more or less begging Konoha for information, while Konoha being ravaged by Akatsuki itself was more then willing to cooperate.

The was wasn't caused because Konoha said Sasuke was a missing nin. If they hadn't, they would have declared war.

5. Once again, Sasuke even though has the Sharingan, has not prove to be entirely great at preventing himself from being manipulated by old timer. It is a bad decision to just believe in what Tobi tells him.

And yet he joins another wanted criminal. Oh yeah. He's innocent.

6. Wow, where did he announce that he wants to destroy the entire Konoha, that is way too strong, because I dont think he would want to kill the Ramen vendor. Please correct your believe.

Sasuke: I will crush Konoha.
Source: http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/402/17/

From the point of view of the Kage summit, yes a hunt on anyone of the Akatsuki member would be valid. Do not just focus on Sasuke. That would be prudent.

From the point of view of the individual villages, they might want to hunt specific Akatsuki members, or harbor them based on "emotional" events as I have listed above. Only certain subset of members in the village would feel that way.

I take offense that you have went and insulted my idea as retarded. As I had written, it is a theory, a possible plot that Danzo was using Sasuke as a spy to kill Orochimaru and or now Akatsuki. If you have your mind closed, and unable to read beneath the line, that is where you fail. This is a ninja manga for fuck sake, dont just take everything for granted and like its the unbreakable rule.

Who said they should just hunt Sasuke? We mentioned Sasuke is a criminal. he ain't a cute little innocent bunny.

Sasuke NEVER would have worked for someone else while he still hunted Itachi. He was always thinking of himself. None of Danzos promises could have made him agree to spy for him. He only cared about killing Itachi.

Sasuke may have done good to Konoha, unwillingly, but the fact remains. He betrayed them. He intends to destroy them.

Itachi was labeled a missing-nin as a scapegoat. They could not publish the fact they ordered a full clan to be slaughtered. It doesn't mean its right. But its how they work on that world.

You may find that your leader is the worst criminal (Mizukage Madara). But he is still your leader. If you defect the village you are a criminal. At least for your village.

Missing nin equals criminal in this world.

Tsunade and Jiraiya left Konoha? True. Under permission. They never fled against orders nor they tried to kill a fellow Konoha nin.

Now let the troll end.

FireEmblem
Sat, 08-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Didn't Sasuke also tell Madara that he wanted to destroy Konoha. Period. Not just Danzou and the elders. The whole village should be destroyed because they were trash that worshipped the Senjuu. Didn't he say that after he originally said he would only go for the leaders. Madara even questioned him about it, and he said he only said he'd target the leaders because Hebi was there in the room.

Also, Sasuke intended to kill Naruto when they first met after the time-skip. That's what HE said. Are we to believe that he was just randomly lying?

Sasuke is pretty emo. Not sure if he's like fully evil yet. But he's stupid and emo as hell which causes him to do evil shit. I'm also waiting to see that he's trying to trick Madara somehow.

In the end though, it's obvious why Sasuke should be hunted down. Arguing that he has done good for Konoha is stupid considering that he wanted to destroy the whole village.

Pastor Cookies
Sat, 08-08-2009, 07:15 PM
I wanna get other peoples opinions on why Madara would send Sasuke on a assination mission and then spoil it for him when he gets as close as hes probably ever gonna get. Here are a couple of reasons why I would think Madara would implement such tactics.

#1 Madara and Danzo have some type of connection and Madara timed Zetsu's appearance right when the heat was on Danzo. I'm pretty sure manipulating a country leader into putting you into power is a serious crime and Danzo could possibly be put into prison for such actions. With the Akastuki showing up in the middle of their meeting and bringing up Sasuke its possibly the last thing everyone will be thinking about is to check Danzo out for a sharingan eye.

#2 Madara knows Sasuke is a loose cannon being hard to control so he purposely screwed up Sasukes chances of completing his mission of killing Danzo so Sasuke can yet again owe him another favor staying under Madara's watchful eye and under his wing.
Being labeled as Public enemy #1 and having all 5 ninja villages know that your right around the corner Madara could be trying to direct Sasuke right back into his lair being that its probably the only place where team Hawk can seek refuge. Ok theres also the place where the cat lady lives but i doubt Sasuke will retreat there.

Prof. Chaos
Sat, 08-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Come on guys. Lets look at it like this.

Who else is excited to see the Mizukage fight?

But seriously, regardless if Danzo has parts of Shisu, then it shouldn't matter if he is currently using the part, there would still be the chakra flowing. However, he could have mastered having control over shutting it off so it does not appear.

And judging from the flashback to Hanzo, it seems Danzo's been missing his eye for a while. That just gives him more of an alibi for having the Sharingan implanted since years would have passed.

depthcharge
Sat, 08-08-2009, 11:35 PM
I will just play nice and not drag everyone thru this again.

Please read carefully.(may be paraphased)

I said " When it really mattered, Sasuke did not kill Naruto at the end of the battle"
Others said so I mean to say "Just because he didnt kill Naruto at the end of the battle that his attempted murder charge should not mattered at all. "(which isnt true)

Guilty attempted murder charge - involuntary confinement for life with chance of parole.(remorse)
Guilty attempted murder chage - confinement for life with no chance of parole
Guilty murder charge - death sentence.

Big difference. While I did not study or practice law in Konoha village. That much I can tell there is a difference in severity.
How the village enforces its law is being discussed? Or how the Justice system constitute fairness?

Criminal - guilty of crime, a person convicted of a crime.

Suspect - believed to be guilty, false, undesirable, defective, bad, etc with little or no proof.

As we are at a stage of investigating what Sasuke have done, a discovery stage that would allow information to be submitted in regards to the suspected crime, all the information on Sasuke should be presented, not just partisan.

Therefore, my intention is to prevent "trolls" from just lynching the suspect.

A idea presentation of what Sasuke is suspected of being guilty.

1. Defecting from village while under the influence of a extremely strong mind altering event(traumatic) and drug addiction(curse seal). (could be split into dozens of more charges, while also negligence on the part of the Village ANBU not providing adequate asset insurance.)

2. Attempted murder of companion with a self conviction to repent.

3. Assisting criminal, with a personal agenda to prevent unnecessary death.

4. Case regarding Itachi is the most complicated and a dilemma of all.

5. Kidnapping of individual - must be captured alive or intact to voluntarily or involuntarily assist in investigation.

X.*decided that this would not be considered yet by the 5kage unless Zetsu do some shit. Suspect of plot to assassinate leaders of villages - an assistant not a master mind.
Which then really tells you who the master mind is.

Want to know why ANBU enforcement is the supposedly not as powerful as you may want it to be. IT is hard to fight to kill, harder to fight to not kill.

Someone once said " What it means to be family? It means you can say I want to kill you without really intending to do it." And the declaration to kill Naruto or otherwise, does have a connotation of such a relationship. The forgiveness is between the family members themselves though. Unless, Naruto lodge a complaint nothing will stick as Naruto will deny it.

depthcharge
Sat, 08-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Now let the troll end.

I can agree with all that you said about Sasuke, but dont ignore other things about him too. That is all.

If everyone can agree, he is a member of great interest and not just a hardcore convicted
criminal that is being portrayed I would rest my case.

Sasuke = Unorthodox.

(btw - if we keep thinking of killing each other, it really wouldnt end. It started as far back as Uchiha clan thinking they will be eliminated as a clan, then plans an uprising, ends up really killed off. Sasuke thinking he wants vengence, then do it, now yet another mistake,
then decides to kill the people who decided to end the uprising... the cycle goes on and on really just like what they depicted as per Shikamaru.)

Trollery leads to Trollery... but I am for a well balanced presentation of constitution.

depthcharge
Sun, 08-09-2009, 12:08 AM
I wanna get other peoples opinions on why Madara would send Sasuke on a assination mission and then spoil it for him when he gets as close as hes probably ever gonna get. Here are a couple of reasons why I would think Madara would implement such tactics.

This is good thinking. Despite so much being revealed, I still cant really tell what the next fight is going to be.

Killabee Vs Kisame?
Hebi Vs 5 Kage or guards?
Zetsu being potentially sealed away by the combo 5 kage?
Danzou cover blown? Vs 4 Kage

4th Great Ninja war - FFA

The focus just seems to be away from Madara. I think that alone is what he seeks the most. Which would give him time to find and get Naruto!

darkshadow
Sun, 08-09-2009, 12:11 AM
Why are you people still on that fruitless debate? The 3 points I described are pretty much all that matter against Sasuke in the ninja world. The Sasuke fanclub's (sakura & co.) opinion on the matter is completely irrelevant politically.

depthcharge
Sun, 08-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Hey hey, notice that I am not partisan. I agrees with everything everyone said.

enough said.

Stitch
Sun, 08-09-2009, 06:46 AM
Sharinganigans
lol

Narutoverse
lol

Pastor Cookies
Sun, 08-09-2009, 08:14 AM
This is good thinking. Despite so much being revealed, I still cant really tell what the next fight is going to be.

Killabee Vs Kisame?
Hebi Vs 5 Kage or guards?
Zetsu being potentially sealed away by the combo 5 kage?
Danzou cover blown? Vs 4 Kage

4th Great Ninja war - FFA

The focus just seems to be away from Madara. I think that alone is what he seeks the most. Which would give him time to find and get Naruto!

The Killabee Vs Kisame fight is coming up but not right. I think Kishis gonna focus on Team Hawk getting the hell outta dodge right now. Danzo cover blown Vs 4 Kage isn't the main issue anymore and I doubt they form an allience now that hidden Mist found out that Danzo is up to no good. It look like Sasuke was possibly listening to Madara and Zetsu talking so he may already know what they are up to with Zetsus sudden dissappearance.

fahoumh
Sun, 08-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Sorry to go a little O-T here, but am I the only one who's a little annoyed that we haven't seen Kisame since the Itachi vs Sasuke fight?

darkshadow
Sun, 08-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Kisame is hunting Killerbee.

Spaceaprion
Sun, 08-09-2009, 01:41 PM
you know, its been a long time since Kiba Shino and Hinata have been on a mission.
And whats with Shikamaru making his own mission to go take out Sasuke. With the Hokage gone shouldn't the Advisors be giving orders or something?

Hell, Konoha's biggest guns, Naruto, Kakashi and Yamato are out and about in the Iron country, if Shikamaru takes a team out, no one will be left in the village.

samsonlonghair
Sun, 08-09-2009, 03:51 PM
And whats with Shikamaru making his own mission to go take out Sasuke. With the Hokage gone shouldn't the Advisors be giving orders or something?

Good point. If Shikamaru runs off on a mission without approval, he's going AWOL. In Naruto terms, that practically makes him a missing nin. I wonder if he'll seek approval first (from someone other than Sakura) or if he assumes he won't be punished because he's going after Sasuke.

Naruto_RNG
Sun, 08-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Its retarded that in such an important meeting 5 ppl got in a place where they could clearly c everything without being noticed, when all the top ninja's from different villages are present there. Then zetsu just pop out of the ground and greets everyone. wtf come on are the 5 kages really that stupid.

If sasuke wants to kill danzou he just missed a perfect opportunity. Cause as far as I remember amatrasu(spelling) burns everything in the sight of the user. Add to the fact that the meeting is taking place in a cave like structure, what better place to use that technique when literally the enemy has no place to run to and has their back to the wall?

It just doesn't make any sense.

darkshadow
Sun, 08-09-2009, 05:40 PM
you know, its been a long time since Kiba Shino and Hinata have been on a mission.

Hell, Konoha's biggest guns, Naruto, Kakashi and Yamato are out and about in the Iron country, if Shikamaru takes a team out, no one will be left in the village.

Team Neji is still in the village, same with ino/dad, chouji/dad, kiba's/shino's and shika's family and the hyuuga's (hiashi and hanabi were somewere else during pein's attack). Also those random strong jounin that always popup, like the one with the shades/katon attacks, and the white anbu's. Anko and shizune as well.
Plenty of people if you ask me.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 08-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Also those random strong jounin that always popup, like the one with the shades/katon attacks, and the white anbu's. Anko and shizune as well.

His name is Aoba, and he just might be Danzou in disguise. or Madare.

Pastor Cookies
Sun, 08-09-2009, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=Naruto_RNG]Its retarded that in such an important meeting 5 ppl got in a place where they could clearly c everything without being noticed, when all the top ninja's from different villages are present there. Then zetsu just pop out of the ground and greets everyone. wtf come on are the 5 kages really that stupid.

Yeah when they first showed how easy it was for Team Hawk to infiltrate the iron country I was like come on kishimoto...For a place called the Iron Country you would think it would be impenetrable.

If sasuke wants to kill danzou he just missed a perfect opportunity. Cause as far as I remember amatrasu(spelling) burns everything in the sight of the user. Add to the fact that the meeting is taking place in a cave like structure, what better place to use that technique when literally the enemy has no place to run to and has their back to the wall?

Its not Sasuke's style to just burn a room full of people...and besides thats not exciting at all! He may be blinded by hate but his not stupid.

UChessmaster
Mon, 08-10-2009, 02:54 AM
Its not Sasuke's style to just burn a room full of people...and besides thats not exciting at all! He may be blinded by hate but his not stupid.

Remind me why using your technique that one shots thing againts the guy you want to one shot a bad idea.

depthcharge
Mon, 08-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Considering collateral damage? (I guess I am not allowed to fan the flames of Sasuke being kind...lol)

Sasuke is a couple of level from Pain and his mass destruction.

Besides that, I would not be surprise that the Kage present does have super fast sealing technique for aramatetsu, or a lightning fast summoning technique out of a dangerous situation.

The single most glaring mistake on the meeting is, I dont think the security is really as strong as they claim to be... they dont have "spells" ninjutsu detection sensors? (watch Harry Potter much?)

BTW All those guards jumping in front of their Kage is plain stupid. Instead they should be neutralizing Zetsu, bind him or something.

poopdeville
Mon, 08-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Good point. If Shikamaru runs off on a mission without approval, he's going AWOL. In Naruto terms, that practically makes him a missing nin. I wonder if he'll seek approval first (from someone other than Sakura) or if he assumes he won't be punished because he's going after Sasuke.

This is exactly what Jiraiya did when he taught Pein. He didn't seek permission from anybody. He just told Tsunade and Orochimaru he was staying. And he stayed. For three years.

Being a missing ninja isn't a big deal, by itself. This is why the declaration to the other villages that Sasuke is a missing-nin is important: it is blindingly obvious that doing it after three years is in response to his activities and their political ramifications. And honestly, considering his activities, it is MOSTLY because of the political ramifications. Naruto's fight with him was between them. A kids fight. They just happen to have super powers.

fahoumh
Mon, 08-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Kisame is hunting Killerbee.

Oh, I must have missed that. Well, I'm still irked we haven't seen more of him...plus Kishi was kind of alluding to a fight between him and Suigetsu and when they finally met we didn't see jack. Anyway, I'll stop my rant now as it's old news.

The Chancellor
Mon, 08-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Kisame is hunting Killerbee. Yeah and that should be the most interesting compelling fights in all of naruto history. I think it's obvious that Kisame was chosen by Kishi to hunt him because of his extreme storage of chakra and his ability to just be the kenpachi karaki of the akatsuki and just go nuts. A fellow chakra beast against one of the highest (non tailed beast) chakra capacities in the series. It should be pretty epic.

This would be one of the few fights I wouldn't mind having chapter after chapter after chapter just go on and on.

Sam98034
Mon, 08-10-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm wondering, do you guys think they're going to do anything with the whole "Samurai" thing? Are samurai going to be significant in this anime at all, or did Kishi just mention them to be cool?

The Chancellor
Mon, 08-10-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm wondering, do you guys think they're going to do anything with the whole "Samurai" thing? Are samurai going to be significant in this anime at all, or did Kishi just mention them to be cool? I think he will yeah. The way they were introduced was pretty significant and they look pretty damn strong patrolling around the village like that. So I think that they'll probably whomp on someone. Question is who and when. I think that it would most likely be either someone in Taka, or just Sasuke alone. I still hold out for seeing the kages fight. Most likely though, we won't be seeing anything happening from the convo with Zetsu because it'll most likely be just a talk.

poopdeville
Tue, 08-11-2009, 12:33 AM
I think he will yeah. The way they were introduced was pretty significant and they look pretty damn strong patrolling around the village like that. So I think that they'll probably whomp on someone. Question is who and when.

I like it. I hope they are all taijutsu masters. My guess is that Naruto will fight them, if anybody does. Probably on his way to the meeting, after something loud happens.

Also, this is the perfect time for Madara to capture Naruto. Kakashi and Yamato are strong, but Kakashi's biggest strength is also Madara's (and Madara's is supposedly stronger). On the other hand, between the three of them, they have at least wind, lightning, water, earth, "wood" elements and sage chakra. If Madara's spacetime jutsu uses a "chakra path" to travel (like Pein's thoughts did), then Naruto's Sage Mode can see it. This sounds like a good matchup to me.

How did Sasuke and the rest of Taka avoid Aoba's Byakugan? They can't all fit in his blind spot, and they had no reason to think he even has the Byakugan.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 08-11-2009, 02:53 AM
to be fair, his byakougan spectrum covers less than 50% of his radius. it's possibly that they even his in his blindside by dumb luck.

Sidnne
Tue, 08-11-2009, 10:43 AM
There's also the matter of range. Sasuke is outside somewhere and we don't know how far away he is from the meeting. I think we can rather easily just conclude that he is out of Ao's range.

Idealistic
Tue, 08-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Sakura is going to give Naruto a kiss.

poopdeville
Tue, 08-11-2009, 12:20 PM
I think Kishimoto did some retconning in this chapter, to fix up that plothole. Sasuke was indoors, staring right at Danzou from above, in 457.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/457/16/

And now he and Zetsu are outside, suddenly.

Sidnne
Tue, 08-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Sasuke is inside the meeting hall...

Since when?

poopdeville
Tue, 08-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Well, I edited my post before/while you replied. Sorry. Since 457, when he was indoors staring at Danzou from above.

Sidnne
Tue, 08-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Well, I edited my post before/while you replied. Sorry. Since 457, when he was indoors staring at Danzou from above.

Even if he was indoors there, it wasn't in the meeting hall. It appears that they may be just outside the entrance to the village at that point. At the bottom of that page someone greets him and you can clearly see that it is outside of a large gate. That could be the gate to either the village or to the hall, but on the next page you can see the hall surrounded by a series of walls with gates, so it could have been outside the first wall.

Regardless, when Sasuke sees Danzou, its before Danzou goes inside.

Edit: Actually, due to the shading, it is mostly likely that they are in one of the three cave mouths and that would be the main gate to the village, with Sasuke and co. hiding up on a wall inside the cave. Then when we see Sasuke again in 459, he has made it inside the village.

samsonlonghair
Wed, 08-12-2009, 08:09 PM
There are so many super powerful ninjas in one place, plus the introduction of Samurai. All this build-up is driving me crazy. When will we see some action?

The Chancellor
Thu, 08-13-2009, 04:38 PM
All this build-up is driving me crazy. When will we see some action? Me too man me too. I actually think Kishi is taking a page out of Odas playbook and trying build it up to the best point he can, then have an epic battle scene. And if not, then he should. It could potentially save this already becoming boring arc.

Stitch
Wed, 08-19-2009, 12:46 PM
What the hell is taking chapter 460 so long?

Marik
Wed, 08-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Jump wasn't released last week.

Stitch
Thu, 08-20-2009, 07:56 AM
Oh, so are we guaranteed to get chapters 460-461 at once? If I were Bill Gates rich, I would pay Kishimoto to hire all the staff he needs to pump out a chapter every hour. I would employ the whole nation of Japan. I don't care.

redcat
Thu, 08-20-2009, 10:23 AM
should buy a sweatshop to color it too. a million kids with a million crayons. it would be like a giant runny nosed color printer.

FireEmblem
Thu, 08-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Me too man me too. I actually think Kishi is taking a page out of Odas playbook and trying build it up to the best point he can, then have an epic battle scene. And if not, then he should. It could potentially save this already becoming boring arc.

This arc is one of the most exciting arcs in the entire series so I'm gonna have to disagree with this.

However I do think that Kishi may be reading some One Piece right now and taking a few notes. Both mangas are at very similar cross-roads right now, but I think only in the sense that there will be big changes after the respective arcs are done.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 08-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Heh..hehehe...Hey Stitch...maybe you can go ahead and rack up a few million of those stocks, hope for it to go up by 50 cents and then sell real quick. Instant millionaire baby! Then you could pimp Kishi into doing the manga for ya xD.

samsonlonghair
Thu, 08-20-2009, 06:42 PM
A week without Shonen Jump is like a week without sunshine (and Japanese pun names).

kmoses666
Thu, 08-20-2009, 07:13 PM
itll probably come out tomorrow...man im dyin with anticipation......:D

Stitch
Thu, 08-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Heh..hehehe...Hey Stitch...maybe you can go ahead and rack up a few million of those stocks, hope for it to go up by 50 cents and then sell real quick. Instant millionaire baby! Then you could pimp Kishi into doing the manga for ya xD.
Man, that would be sweet, but it sounds like a master plan that Assertn should already be on top of!

The Chancellor
Fri, 08-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Man, that would be sweet, but it sounds like a master plan that Assertn should already be on top of! I personally know him. Trust me he isn't. He has much better plans for his cash.