PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 231

Marik
Tue, 08-04-2009, 08:11 PM
[DB] Bleach 231 [5FF9DB67].avi (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/b231.torrent)

depthcharge
Tue, 08-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Woot. Thanks, really looking forward to this new arc after the interesting 1 eps.

The Chancellor
Tue, 08-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Things are moving smoothly along. It was well paced. This is shaping up to be really well written. I didn't like how they managed to "seal away" the head commander and we didn't get to see his swords spirit. Makes sense though. He's been with it for so long there's no way he'll go with the others so easily.

Byakuya going missing is a nice mini filler twist. If anytime for Kubo to pull it off, now would be. It was by his former weapon, with his former main attack. It was nicely done in my opinion.

Kraco
Wed, 08-05-2009, 07:39 AM
While I think I'll enjoy this filler quite a lot if this level of quality remains, I still can't shake the feeling the premise is pretty strange. The zanpakutous are made far too strong. Forgetting individuals like Kenpachi and possible Byakuya with his magic spells, I find it hard to believe the shinigami relying more on their swords would in fact be the minor characters and the blades the main players. Although if these incarnates never display powers above shikai, it just might make sense. The incarnates using shunpo look like a pure plot device, though. There's no reason for a sword to have a skill only relevant to shinigami.

All things considered, I have high hopes the plot is quite deep and sufficiently complicated to offer explanations even to things that now look like errors.

Other than that, I'm glad we will probably see more of old man Zangetsu. The conversations between Ichigo and Zangetsu are always so funny with Ichigo barely understanding half of what Zangetsu is saying, no matter how simple words and concepts poor Zangetsu patiently tries to use.

However, if Kenpachi makes no appearance due to the supposed incompatibility with the story, I'll be majorly pissed off.

Archangel
Wed, 08-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Yes, i'd estimate that the power levels in this filler will be a bit messed up ( Ichigo is going bankai in the next episode already ), but i'm prepared to look the other way since it's a filler and a pretty good one at that

As for shumpo, if the shinigami were able to use their swords abilities wouldn't it make sense for it to work the other way around too? Their power comes both from their own bodies and from their swords too after all.

And yes, if they take Zaraki out of the picture with this out in a mission business i'll be ranting nonstop

depthcharge
Wed, 08-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Maybe, just maybe Kenpachi will finally meet his zanpakutou in person. Fight it and found that he is more powerful then the zanpakutou and go melee from then on. Throwing away his sword. LOL.

As for the shunpo, yeah, Rukia's ZPT is kind of OP to just use shunpo. After all, if you didnt have a pair of legs all those time... its kind of impossible to suddenly jump a mile high when u grew them? Then again they were hiding for like what couple of weeks?

One thing is for sure, they cant use kidou. *however its not confirmed. they do have reiatsu.

If their goal is to rule over shinigami, I doubt they will kill them. Rather they are going to train low rank shinigami without a "proper" zanpakutou to discover/draw out stronger zanpakutou armies.

I wonder how arrancars are going to like it when they too have a rebellious zanpakutou?

When the zanpakutou boss(whats his name) anyway released the 7th captain's zanpakutou, he did some kind of "wind" aoe release. Getting also Byakuya and the Freak captain's zpt. At the same time, we get the old man Zangetsu saying he heard a voice, !!! they have intra-dimension communication like the macross frontier bugs.

So the level of power is as follow.

1. sword *Kenpachi's only lvl. lol.
2. shikai
3.?
4. bankai
5. Vaizard release.
6. True form release:physical body formation release.

Harima Kenji
Wed, 08-05-2009, 12:21 PM
I understand that Zaraki's sword has always been in shikai, I believe he said so in his fight with Ichigo.. Because it was too powerfull to be condensed into a normal sword.
Maybe I'm slow, and you've already seen it.. but at the beginning of the episode, with the Zanpakutou explanation, the sword we see is Tensa Zangetsu, you can see it at the hilt.

It's nice to see that Ryuujin Jakka didn't agree to help them.. otherwise it would have been Game Over for the whole lot :D

2 Episodes of filler and I'm still excited over it.. I like it :)

Uberbaka
Wed, 08-05-2009, 12:48 PM
The less I see of those bloody filler dolls the better...

DarthEnderX
Wed, 08-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Clearly what the shinigami need is some Bount reinforcements.

Nadouku
Wed, 08-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Hmm, this gives me the illusion that the beginning will be great and the ending will be... some lame explanation of why the Soul Slayers started to revolt. Still, this was a good episode.

The Chancellor
Wed, 08-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Still, this was a good episode. Yes it was. I don't think it'll be lame but I do think it will be confusing to many people. What I want to know is why those three soul slayers spirits were used to trap the general captain away. Don't get me wrong the captains who have them are really strong, but I'm curious as to why they weer sent by Muramasa instead of some other ones. And he said reiatsu was used to trap him. So clearly they have a really strong reiatsu or something, I'm just curious why them though?

One top of that, they must be really strong or something to be able to seal away the strongest shinigami ever. Plus there's a lot going on for only the second episode. So far we have:

- a good half of the forces immobilized
- Numerous people are getting thrown into the mix from the past and real world (Yoruichi, Urahara)
- the 12 division captain (Kurotsuchi?) is already doing research on the subject
- Ukitake is forming a plan and becoming the head of it
- Soifon and the 2nd division are already looking (and trying to wrangle I assume) the spirits
- and Byakuya is missing

For all of that to happen in only two episodes, is pretty damn good writing in my opinion. In fact, this could be the best bleach, or any filler or even episode writing I've seen in a while. Very good stuff.

Archangel
Wed, 08-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Hmm, this gives me the illusion that the beginning will be great and the ending will be... some lame explanation of why the Soul Slayers started to revolt. Still, this was a good episode.

I'm having flashbacks about a pseudo-jinchuriki ...

Penner
Wed, 08-05-2009, 03:12 PM
They damn well better put some Zaraki in this filler arc at some point or my nerd rage will boil over!

What the hell kind of mission is he on anyway -.-

Yukimura
Wed, 08-05-2009, 03:34 PM
What I want to know is why those three soul slayers spirits were used to trap the general captain away. Don't get me wrong the captains who have them are really strong, but I'm curious as to why they weer sent by Muramasa instead of some other ones. And he said reiatsu was used to trap him. So clearly they have a really strong reiatsu or something, I'm just curious why them though?

I would wager that it has a lot to do with the fact that those three zanpakutou have been shown the least in the series. We have no idea what Kyouraku or Ukitake's zanpakuto can do and all we've seen from Unohana's is the healing monster thing. Filler can't really expand on stuff that hasn't been revealed. That being said, those three are also (seemingly) the oldest captains other than Yamamoto. If we assume that Shinigami (and thus zanpakuto) get more and more powerful with time then those three are probably the most powerful zanpakuto around. For sealing someone as badass as the Captain-Commander I think it makes sense that Muramasa would have to use the best to pull it off.

The Chancellor
Wed, 08-05-2009, 05:02 PM
warned for spoilers

I would wager that it has a lot to do with the fact that those three zanpakutou have been shown the least in the series. We have no idea what Kyouraku or Ukitake's zanpakuto can do and all we've seen from Unohana's is the healing monster thing. Filler can't really expand on stuff that hasn't been revealed. That being said, those three are also (seemingly) the oldest captains other than Yamamoto. If we assume that Shinigami (and thus zanpakuto) get more and more powerful with time then those three are probably the most powerful zanpakuto around. For sealing someone as badass as the Captain-Commander I think it makes sense that Muramasa would have to use the best to pull it off. If you're saying that it'd be a good to show what those spirits can do, then I agree with you. If you're saying it's a bad idea, then I disagree.

I want to see what all of them can do, but mostly just Kyorakus. We just saw someone posting manga spoilers in the anime section... (-admin). So seeing their swords spirits at work would be something special. Especially in their raw pure power form.

depthcharge
Wed, 08-05-2009, 08:44 PM
At the end of this arc, all shinigami will have to deal with the fact that their alter ego betrayed them and went with this Muramasa dude.

How big a betrayal is that? For some like Renji, it would be a big wake up call, improve ur damn kidou. But for Bykuya, he is just as cool as ever.

Like I mention before, Kenpachi would be the coolest of all to just throw away his sword and fight melee thereafter.

Archangel
Wed, 08-05-2009, 08:58 PM
At the end of this arc, all shinigami will have to deal with the fact that their alter ego betrayed them and went with this Muramasa dude.

How big a betrayal is that? For some like Renji, it would be a big wake up call, improve ur damn kidou. But for Bykuya, he is just as cool as ever.

At the end of this arc, they'll resume the Ichigo vs Ulqiora fight and this will never be spoken of again...

Either way the shinigami would just blame themselves for their own weakness or some other lame reason

depthcharge
Wed, 08-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Damn, somehow it felt like... damn more of the lame stuff.

just joking. Never seen anyone bash the original story.

Shadow Skill
Wed, 08-05-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm wondering why it took them 20 minutes for Ichigo to decide to go to SS...

Rukia explained everything...

YET! He decides to go when Rukia goes missing, again. :/

Same pattern...

I'm starting to think they'll mess this arc up...

Kraco
Thu, 08-06-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm wondering why it took them 20 minutes for Ichigo to decide to go to SS...

Rukia explained everything...

YET! He decides to go when Rukia goes missing, again. :/

Yeah, following usual shounen mannerism he should have headed over there immediately. I'm pleased he didn't and instead decided to wait until Yoruichi and Urahara can come up with some answers. But now with Rukia disappearing he obviously doesn't have such a luxury anymore.

The one making a mistake here is Rukia, not Ichigo.

UChessmaster
Thu, 08-06-2009, 04:25 PM
I feel dirty looking forward to the next filler episode while feeling meh for the next manga cannon episode.

Although if these incarnates never display powers above shikai, it just might make sense.

???

We already saw 2 of them going above shikai.

Archangel
Thu, 08-06-2009, 04:31 PM
I feel dirty looking forward to the next filler episode while feeling meh for the next manga cannon episode.

I just giggle

It's funny that Kubo has gotten so pathetic that fillers of his own anime are surpassing the shit he's come up with

Kraco
Thu, 08-06-2009, 04:59 PM
???

We already saw 2 of them going above shikai.

Did we? That's really too bad. But in the end you can't expect too much from filler writers. They must have burned out already a few brains to manage to make something this interesting in the first place. Demanding perfect details - well, even Kubo doesn't do that from himself.

The Chancellor
Thu, 08-06-2009, 05:11 PM
???

We already saw 2 of them going above shikai. Who besides Byakuyas was it then? I don't remember anyone else. Maybe Rukias? I don't recall.

UChessmaster
Thu, 08-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Who besides Byakuyas was it then? I don't remember anyone else. Maybe Rukias? I don't recall.

Byakuya used shikai only, i refer to Zabimaru and Ashisogi Jizo wich already appeared in their Bankai shape during the flashbacks.

Archangel
Thu, 08-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Who besides Byakuyas was it then? I don't remember anyone else. Maybe Rukias? I don't recall.

We've seen Zabimaru's baboon bone canon already too

Sam98034
Fri, 08-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Whose Zankpakto is Muramasa, by the way?

Nadouku
Fri, 08-07-2009, 12:23 AM
We don't know, yet. We have made speculations, though.

Archangel
Fri, 08-07-2009, 08:36 AM
We've already seen his sword form, and i don't think it matched any known character

The Chancellor
Fri, 08-07-2009, 08:47 AM
I don't think he is anyone's zanpaktou. I think he's just a guy.

@ Nadoouku: We have? Who has speculated and what was the speculation? Who's spirit do we think he is?

Archangel
Fri, 08-07-2009, 09:02 AM
I don't think he is anyone's zanpaktou. I think he's just a guy.

@ Nadoouku: We have? Who has speculated and what was the speculation? Who's spirit do we think he is?

Guys don't usually materialize their swords out of purple flames

Nadouku
Fri, 08-07-2009, 12:59 PM
We have? Who has speculated and what was the speculation? Who's spirit do we think he is?

Some people have said that Muramasa belonged to Zaraki while I say that he belonged to a new filler character that will probably come up soon enough.

Vorlath
Fri, 08-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I don't think they can change what the manga hasn't dealt with yet. They'll probably say that Zaraki slept through the whole thing. I wouldn't mind. These are the best two eps since the town battle started. And they're fillers. I know they'll have to hit the reset button at the end, so I won't be too disappointed when they'll have to mess up the ending and put everything back the way it was.

One thing I find curious though is that in the beginning of the series, didn't they say that no Zampaktu would do what their owners demanded unless they could defeat them and overpower them? So does that mean that somehow the Zampaktus have become MORE powerful than before? There's gotta be a source for that power. I bet they'll find the source, destroy it, and then everything will go back to normal. This would also mean the only ones that aren't following this new guy are the ones where the owner was still stronger even after the power boost.

Crazy theory, or better than what the fillers will come up with for the ending?

The Chancellor
Fri, 08-07-2009, 04:32 PM
One thing I find curious though is that in the beginning of the series, didn't they say that no Zampaktu would do what their owners demanded unless they could defeat them and overpower them? So does that mean that somehow the Zampaktus have become MORE powerful than before? There's gotta be a source for that power. I bet they'll find the source, destroy it, and then everything will go back to normal. This would also mean the only ones that aren't following this new guy are the ones where the owner was still stronger even after the power boost.

Crazy theory, or better than what the fillers will come up with for the ending? No no that's a solid theory you got going there. I remember that being stated that if the Zanpakto were to get or feel any more powerful than the user of it (the assigned shinigami owner) then the said Zanpakto, would break free, and say "bitch please what happened to you?" to the shinigami. This is what the fillers might be about. I mean they're already busting out some crazy moves on even the higher up captains. They had to run from the poison baby bankai. They were blown away by the baboon cannon and even Byakuya had his ass handed to him by his own singnature move. I think the more powerful theory can be applied here.

Plus, it seems to me, that they have no problem using any and as much power as they want. Which means they captains and squads are going to have a hell of a time taking them down and getting them back.

Kraco
Fri, 08-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Btw, didn't we see not too long ago in the canon arc that Kurotsuchi Mayuri has altered his zanpakutou unable to go against him? It seems like running away from that one isn't really a high priority. Unless the filler script writers have chosen to forget that detail, of course...

Archangel
Fri, 08-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Btw, didn't we see not too long ago in the canon arc that Kurotsuchi Mayuri has altered his zanpakutou unable to go against him? It seems like running away from that one isn't really a high priority. Unless the filler script writers have chosen to forget that detail, of course...

Well... it's in its spiritual form now so maybe Mayuri's protection method doesn't work with it

Anyway, stop trying to find flaws :)

Good Bleach is something i've been missing for a long time so i'm not gonna overthink it and i'll just enjoy the ride

depthcharge
Sat, 08-08-2009, 05:12 AM
I am in very strong denial that we might not see Zaraki fight his zanpakutou.

Damn it, it doesnt really matter whether Zaraki knows his zanpakutou's name/form or not. All that really matters is that Zaraki is way more powerful then some stupid zanpakutou.

Dont forget this, its the 2 hands that worked. Not the 1 hand and a sword that worked. The sword is only getting in the way for Zaraki to get even stronger!

Then again, if the story is well written, at least we might get to see Zaraki's silhouette or possibly his nameless zanpakutou(doesnt matter what form... it can be anything since the other zanpakutou wasnt talked about in the main story anyway, except for Zangetsu.)

ZARAKI IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

DarthEnderX
Mon, 08-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Btw, didn't we see not too long ago in the canon arc that Kurotsuchi Mayuri has altered his zanpakutou unable to go against him? It seems like running away from that one isn't really a high priority. Unless the filler script writers have chosen to forget that detail, of course...Except that this arc probably takes place before the "current" arc. So maybe this arc is WHY Mayuri alters his Zanpaktou.

Kraco
Mon, 08-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Haha, a good save. Or would be if I considered these filler arcs to actually take place before or after the current canon arcs, which I don't. They seem more likely to be running in an alternative universe where the current canon arc never happened. The characters tend to possess all the powers they already had right when the filler started, not only those they had before the current manga based arc, after all.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 08-10-2009, 07:36 AM
I actually think that they left Kenpachi and Kusajishi out on purpose. It is unlikely that they will bring them in for 2 reasons. Kenpachi can easily defeat most of the Zanpakuto on his own. Secondly we have not seen Kusajishi's release yet. So they would have to invent one for these filler eps, which has probably happened before, but I doubt it.

Still a very good filler arc so far though.

depthcharge
Mon, 08-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Would it be boring to see an unreleased Zaraki Vs his unreleased Zanpakutou battle? No is my answer.

I dont really think that the power of Zaraki lies in his releasing/knowing his Zanpakutou name/form above what he is at now. All he needs is take alot of damage, laugh maniacally, then wack and win.

Seriously, if they simply skip Zaraki*without proper explaination or some kick ass action, it would be very sad. Even if he doesnt battle his own Zanpakutou, it would be important at least if he shows the punk Hourinmaru who is the boss.

The Chancellor
Mon, 08-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Seriously, if they simply skip Zaraki*without proper explaination or some kick ass action, it would be very sad. Even if he doesnt battle his own Zanpakutou, it would be important at least if he shows the punk Hourinmaru who is the boss. Well from what we've been hearing, this filler is going to be quote long, because there were articles with interviews with Kubo of him saying that this is something he would push the espada saga back for. In fact he even said that he wanted to integrate this into the regular series, but decided it would be hard to integrate with the main storyline.

David75
Mon, 08-10-2009, 02:39 PM
I really do hope they continue to gove some quality eps after these 2 ones.
I fear we get endless batles from the moment Ichigo comes to SS till the end of the filler arc.

I wouldn't mind seeing Zaraki fighting his own zanpaktou, lear its form and name and someday upgrading to an incredible badass shinigami that could be the equal of the commander.
The espada arc has been incredibly boring as of yet, this filler arc looking so hot is proof of that too. I wouldn't mind they close the espada arc in 2 eps after the end of fillers and move forward to something else.

UChessmaster
Mon, 08-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Theorycraft time!

Let`s see if we can id all of the swords released forms.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7149/bleach1.th.jpg (http://img265.imageshack.us/i/bleach1.jpg/)

Kazeshini, Gegetsuburi, Hozukimaru, ???, ???(zabimaru?)

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9572/bleach2a.th.jpg (http://img265.imageshack.us/i/bleach2a.jpg/)

Tobiune, Suzumebachi, Wabisuke, Ruriiro Kujaku, ???, Sode no Shirayuki.

Any idea?

EDIT: I just noticed something from the ending, the chick with a chained kid at the ending becomes Zabimaru during the credits, so these guy may NOT be the real released forms.