PDA

View Full Version : Manga that has left you wanting more...

TheBladeChild
Sun, 08-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Whats a manga that just ending too early for you?

Adarshan no Hanayome
-Really would have liked to see, Euti grow up as the story progressed.

Himegimi no Tsukurikata

Marik
Sun, 08-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Suzuka & Cross Over, both are done by Seo Kouji. Suzuka felt super rushed at the end and Cross Over just seemed to end out of nowhere. I really wanted to see who Ogata would end up with and how far he and the team would go, but that didn't happen. Chapter 59. made me go, wtf that's it!?

There's supposed to be some short Suzuka 2 thing coming out, according to his current series Kimi no Iru Machi. I can't wait to see it.

Ryllharu
Sun, 08-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Hands down Mx0.

It sort of just abruptly ended because if I remember right it got dropped from the magazine it was in. Kano Yasuhiro (Pretty Face) wedged in an ending that was as good as he could make it, but it just felt lame. He's only done oneshots since then unfortunately. I really like his art.

Izo's Lover too. Short one volume series that had good art and a decent storyline about a courtesan who killed herself in a jealous rage and returns as a demon to try and seduce her lover's descendant.

Blood Alone too, but that seems to be more of an issue of the licensor not releases volumes anymore, and the very strange release schedule of the series. It is in a monthly magazine, but there never seems to be available chapters. It is a lot like Adarshan no Hanayome, with a lot of things going on in the background and a deep backstory. Misaki is one the best "young" vampires in fiction too.

vejita613
Sun, 08-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Love Hina, Mx0, Ayu Mayu, and most recently Onani Master Kurosawa.

mage
Sun, 08-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Shamo, unfortunately it seems the author and artist had a falling out with one sueing the other. It seems to have stopped on volume 25, right before the fight I wanted to see most.

Carnage
Sun, 08-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Berserk.

Munsu
Wed, 08-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Shamo, unfortunately it seems the author and artist had a falling out with one sueing the other. It seems to have stopped on volume 25, right before the fight I wanted to see most.
What are you talking about? 26 volumes are out. The scanlations are simply done by a private group and are hard to find. Where did you hear anything about the author and the artist having problems?

Series that has left me wanting for more has been Togari. It simply ended because it got cancelled or something. Tokko is another one, and Rose Hip Rose. Zombie Powder.

Berserk.

?

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 08-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Berserk.

More like wish he would come out with it on a regular basis.

Carnage
Wed, 08-12-2009, 05:14 PM
No it was just a cruel joke, because it's never going to end.

mage
Wed, 08-12-2009, 05:50 PM
What are you talking about? 26 volumes are out. The scanlations are simply done by a private group and are hard to find. Where did you hear anything about the author and the artist having problems?

25, 26.. whatever.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-06-28/shamo-manga-artist-sues-creator-for-150-million-yen

.. and from Wikipedia, "The manga is currently not being produced and the writers are both working on separate projects."

Munsu
Wed, 08-12-2009, 06:49 PM
25, 26.. whatever.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-06-28/shamo-manga-artist-sues-creator-for-150-million-yen

.. and from Wikipedia, "The manga is currently not being produced and the writers are both working on separate projects."
Well that was an article in 2008, and it mentions 25 volumes, and volume 26 was recently released by the scanlators... so maybe this is not currently an issue?

I had no idea about those problems though.

Edit: OK, just browsed through the scanlations. Chapter 57 says final chapter and at the end the scanlators put "Shamo will return when Kabukimon ends and Akio Tanaka gets his 1.5 million from Izo Hashimoto, currently on a legal battle"

This sucks major ass, thanks for bringing it up. Hopefully he'll continue it later on.