PDA

View Full Version : Manga that you want to be turned into a anime

TheBladeChild
Sun, 08-02-2009, 01:37 AM
Wasnt sure whether to put this in the General Anime or Books and Manga section. Anyway is there any particular manga you are reading right now that you really want to be made into an anime.

for some I want are:

Adarshan no Hanayome
Ice Revolution
Vinland Saga
Akagami no Shirayukihime

Marik
Sun, 08-02-2009, 02:05 AM
AIKI
Kimi no Iru Machi
Change 123
No Bra
Nana to Kaoru
Beach Stars
Highschool of the Dead

..are the ones I'd like to see.

TheBladeChild
Sun, 08-02-2009, 02:29 AM
AIKI
Kimi no Iru Machi
Change 123
No Bra
Nana to Kaoru
Beach Stars
Highschool of the Dead

Dam i forgot about:

Change 123
Beach Stars
Highschool of the Dead

MFauli
Sun, 08-02-2009, 03:15 AM
More than anything else:

Berserk

TheBladeChild
Sun, 08-02-2009, 03:53 AM
More than anything else:

Berserk

It already has a anime, though I believe it doesnt completely follow the manga.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-02-2009, 03:59 AM
It already has a anime, though I believe it doesnt completely follow the manga.

I believe he means the rest of Berserk.

DDBen
Sun, 08-02-2009, 04:24 AM
I'm also going to have to go with the rest of Berserk.

Yes it has a Anime but I'd still rather seen it continued or started over more then any other manga I'm reading currently.

Atheist
Sun, 08-02-2009, 05:25 AM
Imo they should remake Berserk the way they did with Hellsing Ultimate.

Penner
Sun, 08-02-2009, 05:33 AM
Ye, Berserk is top choice.

I would also like to see more Claymore.

Ryllharu
Sun, 08-02-2009, 05:57 AM
Well, some of these are actually complete, but I think they would really be improved with an animated version.

- Koibana Onsen (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=9974)
It's a bit on the mature side of ecchi, but it is a cute romance about hot spring resort run by three sisters that is famous for deepening the bonds between couples. The protagonist gets dumped after making a reservation there, but the girls are committed to ensuring he leaves with a positive view of their business (not that way!). He immediately falls in love with the middle sister and starts working there. Put it on a satellite channel and it will be fine.

- Salad Days (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1186)
Like a much longer version of Hatsukoi Limited. Some of the stories don't have perfectly happy endings, and the main storyline has all the twists and turns one would expect.

- Change 123 (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=11058)
I don't know if I would want to do this one because there is still a lot more to the story, but casting alone would be very interesting. It would be a lot better if they only chose one actress for the 5 roles, and while it has been done before (Satomi Arai (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=26718) in Mahoraba) it would be harder when the series is less of a comedy. Haruka Tomatsu's sometimes unbelievable range would be well suited, but she's a little too cutesy sounding sometimes. The Mikiri side of the role when compared to the four would be the hardest part. Mamiko Noto (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=3166) is usually typecast, but I think her range has the correct mix of character types. Reserved Motoko (School Rumble, Ichigo 100%), outgoing and explosive Hibiki (Moyashimon, Witchblade), quiet and dignified Fujino (Index, Queen's Blade), and the childish and playful Mikiri (Witchblade and Moyashimon, but played younger and more hyper). Yu Kobayashi (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=16095) might be able to do it too. Sanae Kobayashi (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=3160) for that matter as well.

- High School of the Dead (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=4989)
A truly dark zombie series that really grabs at the best and worst parts of humanity during a crisis like that is something anime could use a bit more of. Satelitte channel as well, censorship (of the violence) would kill the series

- Mysterious Girlfriend X (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=4771)
A very weird, oddly alluring, but endearing high school romance series.

- Peridot (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=133)
If his crappy series Okusama wa Joshikousei (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1622) was given an anime, surely his better work deserves one too. Fights, girls, self-sufficient heroine, and a healthy dose of humor.

- Shin Angyo Onshi (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=164)
Sort of like the Berserk argument, an movie/OVA isn't enough for this series. It needs to be done properly, a series as well written and well fleshed out as this one deserves nothing less.

- Superior (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=6685)
Superior is interesting. It starts as an almost comedy-romance, with a powerful Demon Lord falling in love with the hero that is supposed to kill her. Then it turns into a legitimate and very entertaining action-adventure, with the romance side still prominent, but not as central. Sheila is amazingly strong, and she switches between innocent lovestruck catgirl and imperial queen of destruction at all the right times, just in case you forgot who she really is.

- Yankee-kun to Megane-chan (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=10829)
It's funny, and...I really don't have anything else to add to this. If you've read it, you'd understand why it would only be even better animated.

DDBen
Sun, 08-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Ye, Berserk is top choice.

I would also like to see more Claymore.

I'd also love more Claymore but like Berserk for this to happen they would have to modify certain episodes of the existing source material to make this really doable.

Speaking of finished Manga's that need the rest of the story animated. Beck anyone?

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 08-02-2009, 07:30 AM
Change 123

Claymore- True to the Manga

Mysterious Girlfriend X

Psyren- Because I think it could turn out to be pretty awesome. Has humor and good action.

AIKI- Well...it's kind of interesting.

Air Gear ( season 2...please....I need it)

Zetman(!!!!!!!)- If you don't know this manga then go read it.

Alive the Final Evolution-Rather interesting to see this one animated as well.

I think that's about it for now.

darkshadow
Sun, 08-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Black God.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Black God.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10262
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=16826&highlight=kurokami

animus
Sun, 08-02-2009, 08:56 AM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10262
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=16826&highlight=kurokami

I think he means a good anime adaptation. The current one is awful.

Dark Dragon
Sun, 08-02-2009, 09:08 AM
A faithful adaptation of Negima.

darkshadow
Sun, 08-02-2009, 10:12 AM
I think he means a good anime adaptation. The current one is awful.

Spot on.

Idealistic
Sun, 08-02-2009, 10:32 AM
I'd have to also say Berserk and Claymore. Ah and Kekkaishi too.

Archangel
Sun, 08-02-2009, 11:41 AM
A faithful adaptation of Negima.

You are a wise man

Also, "psyren" and "the world god only knows"

shinta|hikari
Sun, 08-02-2009, 11:55 AM
The World God Only Knows, with Jun Fukuyama as Keima, and Aki Toyosaki or Ayako Kawasumi as Elsea.

Archangel
Sun, 08-02-2009, 12:02 PM
The World God Only Knows, with Jun Fukuyama as Keima, and Aki Toyosaki or Ayako Kawasumi as Elsea.

I think we can all agree on this one

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 08-02-2009, 12:35 PM
I would like to add Kurohime as well.

darkshadow
Sun, 08-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Oh and I want more GANTZ, with the same animation fidelity of the first season of course. GANTZ was great but the last arc was pretty meh, especially seeing how the buddha arc was downright amazing.

Marik
Sun, 08-02-2009, 12:54 PM
I want more Moyashimon: Tales of Agriculture. The one that they released already, was only 11 episodes and they skipped a lot of things. I would like to see a remake covering all the old stuff and the current story.

Ryllharu
Sun, 08-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Crap, I forgot Blood Alone (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2994).

One of the more fleshed out vampire worlds in manga. Misaki is adorable too.

Archangel
Sun, 08-02-2009, 01:12 PM
This thread is depressing the hell out of me >_>

So many great adaptation possibilities just lying there and we've been getting such weak animes lately

Ryllharu
Sun, 08-02-2009, 01:21 PM
So many great adaptation possibilities just lying there and we've been getting such weak animes lately
Come on, they're not that bad. Japan is just focusing on the easy stuff, like mystery and h-games. There are an equal number of those that have been neglected (for legitimate reasons or otherwise). There isn't even a decent Tsukihime anime, all the stupid comedy that comes with an X-Change series, Brave Soul (more Mogudan artwork like Scrapped Princess), or even the sequel to Fate/Stay Night. Where is my casual clothes Caster!

/apologies for being off-topic

darkshadow
Sun, 08-02-2009, 01:38 PM

That depresses the hell out of you? Haha, there there Archy *pat* *pat*, I guess you are even a bit more emo then I thought you were ;o

/offtopic

Archangel
Sun, 08-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Come on, they're not that bad. Japan is just focusing on the easy stuff, like mystery and h-games. There are an equal number of those that have been neglected (for legitimate reasons or otherwise). There isn't even a decent Tsukihime anime, all the stupid comedy that comes with an X-Change series, Brave Soul (more Mogudan artwork like Scrapped Princess), or even the sequel to Fate/Stay Night. Where is my casual clothes Caster!

/apologies for being off-topic

I guess the fact that the anime industry isn't doing so hot these days doesn't help the matter

Yes, i also want my magical girl Tohsaka with cat ears

That depresses the hell out of you? Haha, there there Archy *pat* *pat*, I guess you are even a bit more emo then I thought you were ;o

/offtopic

Lol

Good old DS, that actually got a chuckle out of me

As for the topic, i'd also enjoy an adaptation of Kimi No Iru Machi

Marik
Sun, 08-02-2009, 02:17 PM
As for the topic, i'd also enjoy an adaptation of Kimi No Iru Machi
Indeed, so would I. Someone needs to make it happen.

TheBladeChild
Sun, 08-02-2009, 02:51 PM

:(

Didnt mean to take the wind outta your sails man by making this thread, I was just interested in what people wanted in their future animes. This thread was really spur of the moment after marathon of reading mangas yesterday.

/offtopic

Carnage
Sun, 08-02-2009, 03:05 PM
1.) Ultimate Berserk adaptation starting from Volume 1
2.) Vinland Saga Series
3.) Finish Gash Bell
4.) GANTZ series, but i dont know how much they would censor it, perhaps they would be permitted to show everything in an OVA series?
5.) Re-animate E21 without all the fillers

Archangel
Sun, 08-02-2009, 03:30 PM
A D.Gray-Man without fillers or massive censorship would also be nice

Pessu
Sun, 08-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Elfen lied and history's strongest diciple Kenichi comes into mind.

Archangel
Sun, 08-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Elfen lied and history's strongest diciple Kenichi comes into mind.

What? The Elfen Lied manga was crap, the anime adaptation was way better.

RyougaZell
Sun, 08-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Highschool of the Dead
Bakuman
A faithful and complete Mahou Sensei Negima adaptation

Pandadice
Mon, 08-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Afuganisu-Tan, Boiling Head, Imouto wa Shishunki and Ohikkoshi. i'd love to see any of those get an anime.

(well.. Boiling Head kinda already did.. but i want more)

Pessu
Mon, 08-03-2009, 09:21 AM
What? The Elfen Lied manga was crap, the anime adaptation was way better.

And thats why i want it turned into anime -_-

Archangel
Mon, 08-03-2009, 09:27 AM
And thats why i want it turned into anime -_-

Wait... what? :confused:

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 08-03-2009, 09:58 AM
I think he means that it COULD look better animated.

Ahh and I totally forgot Kenichi. The manga is rather good at the moment...so why aren't they making the second season yet? DX

Ahh Highschool of the dead seems good. Just started reading it. They should do this one too.

darkshadow
Mon, 08-03-2009, 11:08 AM
I think he means that it COULD look better animated.

Ahh and I totally forgot Kenichi. The manga is rather good at the moment...so why aren't they making the second season yet? DX

Ahh Highschool of the dead seems good. Just started reading it. They should do this one too.

I think they are holding off kenichi so they can do another 52 ep run, which is fine by me.

Narasho
Mon, 08-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Bitter Virgin
Kimi no Iru Machi

but most of all, that the Hunter X Hunter anime would be continued.

EinReB23
Tue, 08-04-2009, 05:40 AM
but most of all, that the Hunter X Hunter anime would be continued.

I second the HxH continuation..

As for my choices:

Mx0
Suzuka (continuation)
Bokura Ga Ita (continuation)
Ichigo 100% (faithful adaptation)

And who would forget Full Metal Panic!

TheBladeChild
Tue, 08-04-2009, 05:44 AM
Wow just realized that everyone(including myself) forgot about Ubel Blatt.

MFauli
Tue, 08-04-2009, 07:13 AM
oh, and let me add:

Hunter X Hunter (just continue it)

Archangel
Tue, 08-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Bitter Virgin

It would be hard as hell to get any channel to transmit this one

RyougaZell
Tue, 08-04-2009, 08:30 AM
It would be hard as hell to get any channel to transmit this one

Haven't read that manga (Bitter Virgin)... but if they managed to air Queen's Blade...

Archangel
Tue, 08-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Haven't read that manga (Bitter Virgin)... but if they managed to air Queen's Blade...

They're both mature, but in very different ways

Bitter Virgin deals with topics such as rape, incest, teen pregnancy, stillborns ... Not what i would call a light read

RyougaZell
Tue, 08-04-2009, 09:14 AM
I need to read that...no wait...

Archangel
Tue, 08-04-2009, 09:28 AM
It's an interesting read, but a bit of a downer too

Pandadice
Tue, 08-04-2009, 10:15 AM
how about Pastel :D

Marik
Tue, 08-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Suzuka (continuation)

I would love to see that.

DDBen
Tue, 08-04-2009, 03:51 PM
oh, and let me add:

Hunter X Hunter (just continue it)

Is there actually anything to continue for Hunter X Hunter?

They have been on this ant thing for so long I'm not positive but isn't it the arc following greed island and its still not finished anyway so they actually have nothing to animate.

I can't believe I didn't say Air gear that is definitely one I want a lot more of anime wise.

MFauli
Tue, 08-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Is there actually anything to continue for Hunter X Hunter?

They have been on this ant thing for so long I'm not positive but isn't it the arc following greed island and its still not finished anyway so they actually have nothing to animate.

I can't believe I didn't say Air gear that is definitely one I want a lot more of anime wise.

Nah, afaik Greed Island came before the whole ant-thing. The anime stopped when Gon got out of Greed Island, used some cards to get to Jin and thats the end.

RyougaZell
Tue, 08-04-2009, 05:02 PM
It's an interesting read, but a bit of a downer too

I just finished reading Bitter Virgin.

Now I want an anime of that one...

Archangel
Tue, 08-04-2009, 05:08 PM
I just finished reading Bitter Virgin.

Now I want an anime of that one...

That was quick! O_o

TheBladeChild
Tue, 08-04-2009, 11:11 PM
That was quick! O_o

Wow hes right, that was dam fast O_O

RyougaZell
Tue, 08-04-2009, 11:30 PM
32 chapters (4 volumes) ain't that long.

I couldn't do my test cases at work anyways. The testing server was being redirected towards the real server, for real tests. Bleh.

And I couldn't create a new requirement because other two co-workers hadn't sent me their own requirements so we can just create a new one instead of three.

TheBladeChild
Wed, 08-05-2009, 12:19 AM
Im glad this is turning out to be one of my few semi-successful threads.

Archangel
Wed, 08-05-2009, 04:30 AM
Im glad this is turning out to be one of my few semi-successful threads.

Only because of me

THANK ME DAMMIT !!

NarutoAngel221
Fri, 08-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Actually I wanna see anime turned into live action movie instead ...Anyway I think that most manga right now are turned into anime already

Pandadice
Fri, 08-07-2009, 12:55 PM
^No! no more live-action anime movies, please! :(

Paulyboy
Fri, 08-07-2009, 03:01 PM
I wish they remade Berserk, But the one I have been wanting to see is Ares I wonder how they would do the animation. Claymore, I wish they had kept it on going.

fahoumh
Tue, 08-11-2009, 12:42 AM
I'd like to see Battle Angel Alita and BAA: Last Order turned into anime. I know there's already an OAV based on the first 2 volumes of the original series but I'd like to see both series animated in entirety with animation that looks like Yukito's drawings.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-11-2009, 01:19 AM
I'd definitely want to see more of Claymore. They should follow what Tsubasa Chronicles did: redo the ending and continue on with OVAs.

Archangel
Sun, 09-20-2009, 04:10 AM
AIKI
Kimi no Iru Machi
Change 123
No Bra
Nana to Kaoru
Beach Stars
Highschool of the Dead

Manga you'd like to be turned into an anime Marik, not an hentai :p

Marik
Sun, 09-20-2009, 04:26 AM
lol, did you just go and check that out or something?

Ryllharu
Sun, 09-20-2009, 05:01 AM
The amusing part...the title Archie highlighted isn't even remotely the series that most closely resembles hentai.

AIKI is about the same range that Tenjou Tenge and Air Gear are at, and those both got anime (the latter heavily censored).

Archangel
Sun, 09-20-2009, 05:13 AM
lol, did you just go and check that out or something?

I just got around to reading the manga that's all :)

The amusing part...the title Archie highlighted isn't even remotely the series that most closely resembles hentai.

AIKI is about the same range that Tenjou Tenge and Air Gear are at, and those both got anime (the latter heavily censored).

I'm working with what i got here dawg

Out of sadistic curiosity, just which one of those mangas is actually dirtier than AIKI?

Ryllharu
Sun, 09-20-2009, 05:36 AM
Out of sadistic curiosity, just which one of those mangas is actually dirtier than AIKI?
One? Well, High School of the Dead is about on the same level as AIKI and TenTen, but the character design of certain characters definitely falls into the Queen's Blade/hentai realm.

Of course, Nana to Kaoru is the one I meant. The author was more well known for being a hentai artist before he started more "mainstream" titles after all. That is not to say that I wouldn't wholeheartedly agree with Marik, though I'd be more curious who would be playing Nana. If they got away with Queen's Blade, they can (and should) get this on the air.

There is more story in 5 chapters than in all of Queen's Blade.

Archangel
Sun, 09-20-2009, 05:47 AM
One? Well, High School of the Dead is about on the same level as AIKI and TenTen, but the character design of certain characters definitely falls into the Queen's Blade/hentai realm.

Of course, Nana to Kaoru is the one I meant. The author was more well known for being a hentai artist before he started more "mainstream" titles after all. That is not to say that I wouldn't wholeheartedly agree with Marik, though I'd be more curious who would be playing Nana. If they got away with Queen's Blade, they can (and should) get this on the air.

There is more story in 5 chapters than in all of Queen's Blade.

There's more story in the back of a cereal box than in all of Queen's Blade >_>

Yeah i read the premise for Nana... holy shit comes to mind, not much else

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 09-20-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm gonna go and say that I would like to see "Code Breaker" as a anime. And as stated previously...Zetman...

Archangel
Sun, 09-20-2009, 10:32 AM
Oh God i went and read Nana to Kaoru and i liked it...

Gotwoot is a bad influence. No scratch that, Marik is.

I've been checking his list so far and Jesus Christ it ranges from transvestites to hardcore S&M >.<

Marik
Sun, 09-20-2009, 10:36 AM
lol, just enjoy the ride. :)

Archangel
Sun, 09-20-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm ashamed that i'm cool with most of what's on that list

So far i only have a problem with No Bra, strangely because i hate the art. Well that and because of my awkwardness before anything more than slightly gay.

Probably something to do with my own insecurities, I'll have a therapist check on that eventually