PDA

View Full Version : Shippu Konoha Gakuen Den

RyougaZell
Sat, 08-01-2009, 12:57 AM
A small 8 minute special that came in one of the DVD's

Its based on the alternate universe of one of the ending sequences.

[TF] Shippu Konoha Gakuen Den [640x480][B6FFE6FC].​mkv (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=26159)

Pandadice
Sat, 08-01-2009, 01:57 AM
wait, is this that manga-with-voices/music high school OVA thing?

obake
Sat, 08-01-2009, 10:48 PM
wait, is this that manga-with-voices/music high school OVA thing?

Yes, except the above torrent is subtitled in some Eastern European language that I don't recognize (Turkish, maybe?).

Entertaining, nonetheless. My Japanese isn't great, but the gist of it is that Naruto is a new transfer student to Konoha Gakuen. His goal is to be the head of all yakuza in the country (or something), so he decides to fight all the strongest people at Konoha Gakuen. He beats the crap out of Chouji, Lee, Neji, Kiba, Ten-Ten, and some punk. He's also become a rival with Sasuke, who he fought to a draw (thanks to an accidental kiss between the two) upon first transferring to the school.

Meanwhile, the punk Naruto beat the crap out of decides to take revenge, but instead of going after him, knowing he'd just get his ass handed to him again, he and his gang kidnap Sakura, Hinata, and Ino to lure him to a trap, where they can gang up on him. Naruto gets the crap beaten out of him, but Sasuke shows up and they team up, resulting in the successful rescue of the girls and the defeat of the gang.

It then goes into a "life at school" montage, of sorts. Hinata and Naruto go on a date (the bench they're sitting on collapses and she falls on him while Sakura et. al. spy on them). Gaara and the Sand show up as foreign exchange students (or something like that). Akatsuki shows up at Konoha Gakuen, targeting Naruto. Orochimaru and Kabuto show up as transsexuals targeting Sasuke, who leaves with them. Sai shows up as a new transfer student (apparently).

It then goes into the anime ending where Hinata asks why Sakura cut her hair. Turns out she had gum in it.

Wow, that was a lot longer than I intended it to be. It's less of an OVA than an audio drama with manga panels, but it was still fun to watch.

Marik
Sat, 08-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Yes, except the above torrent is subtitled in some Eastern European language that I don't recognize (Turkish, maybe?).
There are english subtitles on there as well, just need to select it.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-02-2009, 12:30 AM
When you watch stuff like this, you have to wonder at what's stopping them from doing a decent job with the regular episodes.

Archangel
Tue, 08-04-2009, 12:22 PM
When you watch stuff like this, you have to wonder at what's stopping them from doing a decent job with the regular episodes.

Their never ending thirst for profit?

LaZie
Tue, 08-04-2009, 05:58 PM
The transvestite Orochimaru is nasty.

RyougaZell
Tue, 08-04-2009, 05:58 PM
So true.
I would prefer this kinda filler instead of what we've seen so far.

Heck... it would be funny to see this as an actual manga. Akatsuki as a school gang makes me lol. Transexual Oro too.

Archangel
Tue, 08-04-2009, 05:59 PM
The transvestite Orochimaru is nasty.

Sasuke smiling at him was nastier...

Anyway, they should totally make an OVA out of this

depthcharge
Tue, 08-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Seems like the people who have commented so far liked it. I was sceptical since it wasnt a shippuden eps.

Not to piss on anything, but so far I have found a higher percentage of fail for non-manga eps.

Ill probably dl it if I dont have anything else to watch.

Anyone with a recommendation? I had been watching OP, bleach, FMA Brother, Tokyo Mag9 and some stupid repetitive anime.

poopdeville
Wed, 08-05-2009, 12:33 PM
There's a thread for anime recommendations.

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=15334

Still, I enjoyed Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter x Hunter and would recommend them.

depthcharge
Wed, 08-05-2009, 11:16 PM
I was a HXH fan till they stop publishing even the manga once in couple of months.

Hmm Yu yu hakusho. Kay guess ill have to look that up.

Thanks. Ill probably also dl this eps and check out what good is it.