PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episodes 119 & 120

Penner
Thu, 07-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Edit:

Removed bad links and replaced with proper ones.

Thanks to LaZie for pointing out Takas release ^_^

[Taka]_Naruto_Shippuuden_119-120_[480p][CEE6DF7B] (http://www.takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_119-120_%5B480p%5D%5BCEE6DF7B%5D.mp4.torrent)

[Taka]_Naruto_Shippuuden_119-120_[720p][38868899] (http://www.takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_119-120_%5B720p%5D%5B38868899%5D.mp4.torrent)

Edit 2:
Just noticed Marik already posted this in the Naruto Release Info thread earlier so thanks to him aswell ;)

Oniken
Thu, 07-30-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm a fan of Taka's releases, they haven't released yet and say this is a fake :rolleyes:

Marik
Thu, 07-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Taka one is fake for sure, they've already said it's not their work.

TakaFansubs at Jul 30 2009 17:00 CEST
User
This torrent is not our (Taka's) work. Not sure what the contents are, but could it please be removed.

Edit: People say it contains a virus and a password stealer

n1xx
User
This contains a password stealer. DO NOT download!.

DeadSoul
User
Yup, this is fake, and with trojan virus.

Oniken
Thu, 07-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Might be safe to assume they're all fakes: http://tokyotosho.info/search.php?terms=naruto

No 119's

unandpw
Thu, 07-30-2009, 04:05 PM
[XRO]Naruto.Shippuden.119 Eng[480p][H.264+AC3]
Naruto.Shippuden.120 Eng[480p][H.264+AC3] (Unknown Subber)

I watched these earlier and they're fine. They're just Crunchyroll rips.

kmkze04
Thu, 07-30-2009, 07:01 PM
The GoGoAnime ones are also legit. They are Crunchyroll rips as well. No password stealers.

And all I have to say is... good eps, but THAT'S ALL??? Lengthen the filler, chop down the good stuff...

poopdeville
Thu, 07-30-2009, 07:07 PM
I wonder what happened to Obito's other eye.

unandpw
Thu, 07-30-2009, 07:17 PM
I wonder what happened to Obito's other eye.
Well, you see the thing on top of it was a giant rock. I'm inclined to believe that it got crushed. :p

Mugen
Thu, 07-30-2009, 11:56 PM
excellent episode, and i'm a pretty tough critic when it comes to naruto

Penner
Fri, 07-31-2009, 12:41 AM
Sorry if the ones i posted were fakes, but atleast some users seem to have watched a few of em without any problems at all?

Anyway, my bad.

Here's 119 & 120 taken from Tokyo Tosho atleast..

Naruto.​Shippuuden.​119.​480p.​Crunchyroll.​avi (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=77805)

Naruto.​Shippuuden.​120.​480p.​Crunchyroll.​avi (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=77806)

DarthEnderX
Fri, 07-31-2009, 09:13 AM
Great special.

Heh, Kakashi's dad looks like Kabuto. :p

Also, Kakashi's dad's chakra blade blows.

Mugen
Fri, 07-31-2009, 10:39 AM
didn't occur to me last night, but I wonder what happened to Rin

isso
Fri, 07-31-2009, 10:47 AM
No one knows what happened to her...

Great special. Great indeed, I just can't stop thinking about tobis mask and this episode, obitos transplantion of the left eye...

DarthEnderX
Fri, 07-31-2009, 01:50 PM
didn't occur to me last night, but I wonder what happened to RinWell, since Kakashi said everyone he cares about is dead, I'm guessing she dead. :p

Archangel
Fri, 07-31-2009, 01:55 PM
It's one of the mysteries in kakashi's life actually, even in the manga that hasn't been revealed yet

I hope a nice group gets this in a nice encode, i'd like to archive it

poopdeville
Fri, 07-31-2009, 05:09 PM
Also, Kakashi's dad's chakra blade blows.

Wind Element pun?

ASSpirine
Fri, 07-31-2009, 08:12 PM
Still nog Taka release or horrible subs?
Waiting for this episode for a long long time, and they release it later than usual...

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-31-2009, 08:16 PM
Still nog Taka release or horrible subs?
Waiting for this episode for a long long time, and they release it later than usual...

Notice the double episode?

ASSpirine
Fri, 07-31-2009, 08:49 PM
Notice the double episode?

I'm not downloading those from the opening post, and the other is a rip from the website. Right?

I can wait for a better quality episode, but just find it a bit strange that Taka is taking their time on this one... Usually they're one of the fastest

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 07-31-2009, 08:56 PM
It's one of the mysteries in kakashi's life actually, even in the manga that hasn't been revealed yet

I hope a nice group gets this in a nice encode, i'd like to archive it

I agree, the quality was poor, but it was probably the best eps I have seen in a long time. Great stuff right there!

Marik
Fri, 07-31-2009, 09:19 PM
I can wait for a better quality episode, but just find it a bit strange that Taka is taking their time on this one... Usually they're one of the fastest

About Kakashi Gaiden Release(119-120)
Secludedly @ 2009-07-31

Our encoder has run into some net problems and we're having a few technical issues with things we did not expect. Please be patient with us. Sometimes, unexpected things happen. It'll be out eventually, so just keep checking back.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-31-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm not downloading those from the opening post, and the other is a rip from the website. Right?

I meant the double episode could pose a reason for the delay, though it seems to be another issue.

As for the episode, I loved it!

Shippuuden always had a good soundtrack, but there was rarely a scene that did it justice thoughout these last 120 episodes. The whole death scene and crying still isn't quite as powerful as Zabuza x Haku's, but It's the closest thing to it.

Kakashi acknowledging he kept his dad's sword was a sign he's come to terms with the whole emotion thing, but it was also indicating that he had it (emotions) all along, just in self denial.

Taking that into account, I see Kakashi's obsession with the rules (and having everybody else follow) is subconsciously an act of caring. His dad saved a comrade and died in misery. Kakashi upholding the rules was to make sure it never happened to himself, or anyone else.

I really hope they do something just as good for Naruto's finale. I tried to imagine this whole scene with Team 7's members, but it just didn't quite work out, despite the similarities.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 07-31-2009, 11:33 PM
I really hope they do something just as good for Naruto's finale. I tried to imagine this whole scene with Team 7's members, but it just didn't quite work out, despite the similarities.Mainly because a rock falling on Naruto wouldn't do jack shit.

UChessmaster
Sat, 08-01-2009, 12:13 AM
saaaaaaaaaaay, obito`s voice sounds a lot like tobi`s... except tobi`s is more robotic :p

LaZie
Sat, 08-01-2009, 04:26 AM
Out by Taka. Really this time!
480p (http://www.takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_119-120_%5B480p%5D%5BCEE6DF7B%5D.mp4.torrent)
720p (http://www.takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_119-120_%5B720p%5D%5B38868899%5D.mp4.torrent)

ASSpirine
Sat, 08-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Great episode, they did justice to the manga

RyougaZell
Sat, 08-01-2009, 01:28 PM
This is the best episodes this seris has had so far. Fabulous from beginning to end. I wish all episodes were like this.

I do wonder how Rin ended up dying since Kakashi had said before all his loved ones are dead.

And I was surprised they gave the 4th's name just like that. They didn't name him in the manga when this was published.

Archangel
Sat, 08-01-2009, 02:43 PM
This is the best episodes this seris has had so far. Fabulous from beginning to end. I wish all episodes were like this.

I do wonder how Rin ended up dying since Kakashi had said before all his loved ones are dead.

And I was surprised they gave the 4th's name just like that. They didn't name him in the manga when this was published.

Is it really that big of a deal? It's not like his name gives anything away

KrayZ33
Sat, 08-01-2009, 03:44 PM
saaaaaaaaaaay, obito`s voice sounds a lot like tobi`s... except tobi`s is more robotic :p

I can't hear even the slightest similarity

well the eps were great... nice fighting, nice animation
felt like watching OVAs
this felt like a new anime to me, after watching Naruto only out of boredom for several weeks/months

Penner
Sat, 08-01-2009, 06:04 PM
This was easily the most fantastically awesome Shippuuden ep to date, this is how all Shippuuden eps should be made, but they probably won't.

ASSpirine
Sat, 08-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Just think about it, they used 6 chapters for a double episode. When was the last time they could do 3 manga chapters for 1 anime episode?
I think it's been a while

lelouch
Sat, 08-01-2009, 08:28 PM

I can't hear even the slightest similarity

That's because it's probably a spoiler. I don't read the manga but considering he's the second person to post that and tobi's voice sounds absolutely nothing like obito's, im assuming it's a spoiler and obito is tobi.

Abdula
Sat, 08-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Don't worry it's not a spoiler, just a stupid joke.

Jessper
Sat, 08-01-2009, 10:26 PM
And now you've confirmed that Tobi ISN'T Obito, thanks a lot Abdula! ;)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-01-2009, 11:59 PM
And now you've confirmed that Tobi ISN'T Obito, thanks a lot Abdula! ;)

Or that Tobi's identity hasn't been confirmed yet. It doesn't necessarily rule it out.

Pandadice
Sun, 08-02-2009, 12:09 AM
"see the movement and flow of Chakra" - he got the Byakugan? O_o

I thought the sharingan has something to do with movement, not chakra? thats why his special jutsu was too fast, but with the sharingan he was able to use it correctly... right?

so yeah, definitely the best episodes in a long time. man, to see the potential, and to just imagine that they could be doing this with the rest of the manga/series.. its really depressing :\

okay so the fight with the second dude (the one interrogating rin), that was super awesome, until he did that twirl around thing which looked super cheesy ... but then it got awesome again.

awman! i wish every weeks episode was like this :(

edit: lol, 428 post count. like Canaan.

arondruiz
Sun, 08-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Just think about it, they used 6 chapters for a double episode. When was the last time they could do 3 manga chapters for 1 anime episode?
I think it's been a while

There were a couple 3 chapter episodes back in the Naruto vs Sasuke fight, this is the first time Shippuuden has used anywhere near that much content. It looks like they're planning to keep a steady ~2 chapter pace from here on out though which will be refreshing.

Rikudo
Sun, 08-02-2009, 01:43 AM
The overall quality of these double episode is just too good, pacing, animation, bg music, etc. I enjoyed this more than any of the Shitpuuden movies to date.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-02-2009, 02:00 AM
That's because it's probably a spoiler. I don't read the manga but considering he's the second person to post that and tobi's voice sounds absolutely nothing like obito's, im assuming it's a spoiler and obito is tobi.While it would really suck if it turned out those people were spoiling asses, that would still be totally fucking sweet.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-02-2009, 03:15 AM
While it would really suck if it turned out those people were spoiling asses, that would still be totally fucking sweet.

Well, Tobi does have spiky hair....

And at least one eye....

Either he's one consistent actor, or that rock really did crush half of his head.

Or, he's not Orbito.

XanBcoo
Sun, 08-02-2009, 03:31 AM
Wow, I remember reading this in the manga about 4 years ago thinking it would be animated soon. I just happened to see that it had finally been done so I watched my first episode of Shippuden since the Gaara/Deidara fight.

I know y'all are saying the pacing was great, but to me it seemed really fast. Maybe that's because everyone is used to the regular slow-ass Shippuden pacing, but for me it seems like there were a few dramatic pauses that could have been left in.

Anyway, it was nice to finally see this animated. Even if the characters were off-model ever 2 minutes.

"see the movement and flow of Chakra" - he got the Byakugan? O_o

I thought the sharingan has something to do with movement, not chakra? thats why his special jutsu was too fast, but with the sharingan he was able to use it correctly... right?
The Sharingan's power has always included the ability to see Chakra flow. This is mentioned basically every time someone has used the Sharingan.

ASSpirine
Sun, 08-02-2009, 06:01 AM
Now you say it, the name Obito has the letters for Tobi, lol
Only one "o" is missing

But we cannot forget the awesome episodes for the Kakuzu and Hidan fights with Shika, those episodes were also amazing.

KrayZ33
Sun, 08-02-2009, 08:29 AM
ah btw... no one mentioned it yet

is the new opening about a new movie?
because it looks pretty good animation and action wise.

not that I know which studio made the kakashi-gaiden episodes but the animation style looks similar. (the colours and the sparks when 2 kunais/swords clash together)
and from what I can make out of it, Kakashi seems to play a big role in it.

Archangel
Sun, 08-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Yeah, it's the third movie and apparently it's gonna focus on kakashi

They always look good... that was never the problem with naruto movies

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-02-2009, 09:40 AM

I haven't seen another Naruto movie since the first one with the Ice Princess. It wasn't bad...I just couldn't be bothered.

KrayZ33
Sun, 08-02-2009, 11:13 AM

the last one looked like shit and was shit.
the other movies were actually pretty decent.

Archangel
Sun, 08-02-2009, 11:39 AM

Really? O_o

I always thought they were pretty boring, usually just with 1 or 2 good fights and a bad story that rarely made sense

Pandadice
Sun, 08-02-2009, 12:35 PM
The Sharingan's power has always included the ability to see Chakra flow. This is mentioned basically every time someone has used the Sharingan.

i don't remember it being exactly like the byakugan, but if it has those attributes and then some, i can see why the uchiha were so popular, while the hyuuga wasn't.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/12/06/

okay, so it can actually read the jutsu, so that makes sense that he could tell she was under genjutsu.

and it has the ability to copy the jutsu. and Kakashi is known as the guy who's copied 1000 jutsus.

man, he's got so many jutsus but all we ever see him use is chidori...

i haven't liked any since the first :\

Archangel
Sun, 08-02-2009, 12:47 PM
i don't remember it being exactly like the byakugan, but if it has those attributes and then some, i can see why the uchiha were so popular, while the hyuuga wasn't.

okay, so it can actually read the jutsu, so that makes sense that he could tell she was under genjutsu.

and it has the ability to copy the jutsu. and Kakashi is known as the guy who's copied 1000 jutsus.

man, he's got so many jutsus but all we ever see him use is chidori...

If i remember correctly, the sharingan can see the flow of chakra but not with the same precision as the byakugan, since the last can even spot the bodies chakra points

Patriot
Sun, 08-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Best eposode ever.... I cried, I laughed, i was captivated....wow...

XanBcoo
Sun, 08-02-2009, 01:29 PM

"Read the jutsu" is just a quick way of explaining that the Sharingan lets the user copy the physical motions as well as seeing the flow of Chakra in order to properly use the jutsu.

Obito says he can tell she's under a Genjutsu because her Chakra flow is disturbed, but he's really just guessing. All he can tell is that her Chakra is different than his or Kakashi's.

arondruiz
Sun, 08-02-2009, 04:36 PM
ah btw... no one mentioned it yet

is the new opening about a new movie?
because it looks pretty good animation and action wise.

Yeah, this movie very clearly has the best animation out of the 6 so far. It's actually being directed by the same person who directed episodes 35, 42, and 55 of Shippuuden. If you go back and look at those episodes you'll see the similar eye-candy artwork/animation. (especially in 35)

Pandadice
Sun, 08-02-2009, 04:52 PM
too bad it isn't the directer of episode 82. we need to get that guy back in here for like the whole series.

XanBcoo
Sun, 08-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Yeah, this movie very clearly has the best animation out of the 6 so far. It's actually being directed by the same person who directed episodes 35, 42, and 55 of Shippuuden. If you go back and look at those episodes you'll see the similar eye-candy artwork/animation. (especially in 35)
I believe you are referring to Norio Matsumoto?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFnKjKvx3Kg

Janusz
Sun, 08-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Now you say it, the name Obito has the letters for Tobi, lol
Only one "o" is missing

But we cannot forget the awesome episodes for the Kakuzu and Hidan fights with Shika, those episodes were also amazing.

Doesn't even come close. This was packed with amazing action (better than anything I've seen from Shippuden, prolly better than 99% of the original Naruto, both in choreography and animation), AND it was a tear-jerker. Imho this is this best Naruto episode ever, period. The raw emotion of it is shown not only in the aftermath of things, but also while fighting. That's what, for me, makes it more powerful than the Zabuza / Haku arc. Kakashi's inner battle, Obito's death just as they befriend eachother, and then Kakashi fights that dude with the tears still flighing out of his left eye.... Wow.

Archangel
Sun, 08-02-2009, 06:06 PM

I had never realized that that man was responsible for pretty much all my favorite fight scenes of all times...

Naruto, Kenshin, HxH... amazing, all of them

lilphatboi88
Sun, 08-02-2009, 06:22 PM
so I haven't watched Naruto/Bleach in nearly a year. Are fillers over yet?

arondruiz
Sun, 08-02-2009, 06:28 PM

Nah, the directors name is Masahiko Murata. There's a difference between the "animation directors" and "key animators", Norio mainly does key animation. To put it simply, I believe the Director draws the first and last frame of the animation, and the key animators try to copy his style while animating it.

Norio actually hasn't done very much at all for Shippuuden. He has only animated this part so far out of the entire show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh2bxxCI-BE

edit: Oh, one other thing he did was that little fight scene in the opening between Team Asuma/H&K. Here's another video showing pretty much all his stuff from part 1 Naruto, the one you linked left a bunch out: http://liquidskin08.multiply.com/video/item/21/21

Pandadice
Sun, 08-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Doesn't even come close. This was packed with amazing action (better than anything I've seen from Shippuden, prolly better than 99% of the original Naruto, both in choreography and animation), AND it was a tear-jerker. Imho this is this best Naruto episode ever, period. The raw emotion of it is shown not only in the aftermath of things, but also while fighting. That's what, for me, makes it more powerful than the Zabuza / Haku arc. Kakashi's inner battle, Obito's death just as they befriend eachother, and then Kakashi fights that dude with the tears still flighing out of his left eye.... Wow.

I have to disagree. 82 is still my favorite episode even after watching this. I mean, this was sweet, and yeah it's an amazing naruto episode, but 82 transcended naruto (pretty funny for an ep that I don't even think had Naruto in it).

RyougaZell
Sun, 08-02-2009, 08:28 PM

Yes. He must be him.

And since we have that logic, then it means that in One Piece Django, Bon-chan and Franky are indeed the same dude, because the sound exactly the same. Oh wait... that is because they have the same voice actor!!

A similar voice means nothing. Not now. Not ever.

XanBcoo
Sun, 08-02-2009, 09:30 PM
I still can't shake the feeling that these episodes felt rushed. Maybe it's because I knew the Sharingan reveal was coming, and the manga did a better job of building up to it, but it seemed like Obito went from not having Sharingan to having Sharingan in about 15 seconds, without any proper motivation.

Nah, the directors name is Masahiko Murata. There's a difference between the "animation directors" and "key animators", Norio mainly does key animation. To put it simply, I believe the Director draws the first and last frame of the animation, and the key animators try to copy his style while animating it.

Norio actually hasn't done very much at all for Shippuuden. He has only animated this part so far out of the entire show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh2bxxCI-BE
Why do I get the feeling I've just watched the only worthwhile animated fight in Shippuden so far? I was actually only guessing if you were referring to Matsumoto since I haven't seen basically any of it. What happens in the other episodes you were referring to? Are they as well done as Matsumoto's scenes?

Pandadice
Sun, 08-02-2009, 09:52 PM
I still can't shake the feeling that these episodes felt rushed. Maybe it's because I knew the Sharingan reveal was coming, and the manga did a better job of building up to it, but it seemed like Obito went from not having Sharingan to having Sharingan in about 15 seconds, without any proper motivation.

dude i completely agree with you. I definitely felt like they were rushed. maybe 3 chapters is too much for 1 episode.. maybe 2 is all they should do.

arondruiz
Sun, 08-02-2009, 10:16 PM
What happens in the other episodes you were referring to? Are they as well done as Matsumoto's scenes?

I can't say that they're as good as Norio, they are just beautifully animated episodes overall that stick out like a sore thumb from the rest of the series. It's pretty easy to spot the extremely high budget episodes. 26, 35, 42, 55, 82, 85 - If you look at any of those and compare them to other episodes you'll notice the gigantic gap in quality instantly.

Mugen
Mon, 08-03-2009, 02:20 AM
dude i completely agree with you. I definitely felt like they were rushed. maybe 3 chapters is too much for 1 episode.. maybe 2 is all they should do.

i gotta disagree, with all the filler crap we had to sit through, i hope they keep this pacing or something very close...

ASSpirine
Mon, 08-03-2009, 08:41 AM

In a extreme situation, powers come free. Have you not learned anything from DBZ? :p
It's the same for Sasuke right? He suddenly had the sharingan during the Haku fight, when in grave danger or powerful emotions, hidden powers are released.

The only thing I find a bit weird, is that Obito still had the sharingan in his eyes when he was as good as dead. Sasuke had troubles holding his sharingan when he was tired...
But that's just a minor "mistake".

Pandadice
Mon, 08-03-2009, 08:48 AM
I dunno. Sasuke's sharingan awakening was still a huge build up. this was just like obito turns around, gets it, next scene. it's not the way he got it, like in the story sense, more the pacing and revealing of it I guess.

well, Sasuke has trouble holding it when he's exhausted cause he's out of chakra. but Obito got crushed, so he could of still had tons of chakra he could use, just the inability to use it for anything other than keep his sharingan going...

XanBcoo
Mon, 08-03-2009, 12:23 PM
I dunno. Sasuke's sharingan awakening was still a huge build up. this was just like obito turns around, gets it, next scene. it's not the way he got it, like in the story sense, more the pacing and revealing of it I guess.
Yeah, this is what I meant.

This time it just felt like they slapped the Sharingan on Obito for the sake of it. They are in trouble, Obito suddenly decides it's time to have a Sharingan, he deals with the problem, then they move along as if nothing happened. It all happened so fast and without mention, it just felt tacked-on storywise. A convenient plot twist.

Really, that's not something to complain about after all the crap we've been getting on naruto
Yeah, I know and acknowledged this. It's just something I noticed after not having seen a Shippuden episode in a long time. I'm not used to the story going at a snail's pace, so this episode felt very rushed to me.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 08-03-2009, 12:43 PM
The Sharingan's power has always included the ability to see Chakra flow. This is mentioned basically every time someone has used the Sharingan.This is the first time I've heard it mentioned.

Originally, the normal Sharingan has always been described as allowing the user to see every minute detail. You mentioned they say it lets them copy their movements, and chakra flow, but what they said was it lets them copy their movements and hand seals.

Then once their third comma appears in their eye, the sharingan lets them see their opponents moves before they happen.

And then Mangekyo Sharingan apparently does different shit every time someone uses it.

Basically, Sharingan is just a macguffin that does whatever Kishi needs it to do at the moment.

XanBcoo
Mon, 08-03-2009, 01:13 PM
This is the first time I've heard it mentioned.
http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-063/page007.html

That's the only one I can remember right now, but I'm certain it was mentioned a few more times, at least offhandedly. At the very least it was mentioned again in this episode.

You mentioned they say it lets them copy their movements, and chakra flow, but what they said was it lets them copy their movements and hand seals.
Oh, well that's just my interpretation. I figure the Sharingan's "clarity of perception" is what allows the user to perfectly analyze enemy movements and copy them, and the ability to analyze chakra flow is what lets them see how the chakra should form. That's what's needed to perform any jutsu, after all.

Basically, Sharingan is just a macguffin that does whatever Kishi needs it to do at the moment.
Oh, undoubtedly.

Abdula
Mon, 08-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Uh Xan, that link is a spoiler.

XanBcoo
Mon, 08-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Sorry, I thought that had already happened in Shippuden. Removed.

Uberbaka
Mon, 08-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Re-read/watch the bit where Lee opens the gates during the exam. Kakashi uses the sharingan to read his chakra flow.

poopdeville
Mon, 08-03-2009, 03:05 PM

Key Animators draw "key frames", which are the starting and ending points of motion. He gives the key frames to his assistants to fill in. The director doesn't "do" production art so much as tell the animators what he wants. The art director basically does detailed story boarding.

Naruto, Kenshin, HxH... amazing, all of them

Yeah, he can do some really good work when the money for a high frame rate is there. A lot of the stuff in that YouTube video looks jittery.

arondruiz
Fri, 08-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Since this thread kind of derailed to talking about animation, I thought i would mention that ep 123 is being done by the same people who worked on episodes 82 and 85. So you can pretty much expect a legendary episode in 2 weeks.

Pandadice
Fri, 08-07-2009, 01:04 AM
yes!! the guy who did 82 and 85 is back :D!!

mm.. now to try and recall what point in the story they're gonna be at in a couple weeks...