PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Anime

Killa-Eyez
Wed, 07-29-2009, 07:53 PM
These Marvel Anime TV series are being created as a way of merging the beloved Marvel Super Heroes of western culture with the bold animation tradition of Japan. The resulting product will be four visually groundbreaking anime series featuring popular Super Heroes redesigned and repurposed as emerging from the fabric of Japanese culture. The series is expected to begin appearing on the Animax channel in Japan in spring of 2010.

Marvel.com (http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.8808.SDCC_2009~colon~_Marvel~slash~Ma dhouse_Anime_Team-Up) on the case.

The first 2 are gonna be;

Iron Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_ej7ZlS2oQ

&

Wolverine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyy-KBFvKPg

Wolverine without buffness, shit ain't gon' fly.
Looks promising otherwise, keeping my eye on this..

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-29-2009, 08:11 PM
They look so Americanized.

Wolverine's version actually looks more Japanese in style, but I had a funny TMNT vibe watching that.

Iron man, on the other hand, while having less radical changes, looks more like a really well animated film from a US studio.

I'm guessing it's a collaboration effort between Eastern and Western animation staff.

Wren
Wed, 07-29-2009, 08:43 PM
i have to say, the wolverine one just looks so...wrong. he was always more of a rough and tumble type, unkempt and all. that one just looks FAR too effeminate for a wolverine IMO. though considering they are doing a joint project with the japanese, i can't say i'm all that surprised by it. the iron man one looks far more promising to me.

Penner
Thu, 07-30-2009, 12:25 AM
Yea, Iron Man looks pretty damn sweet!

But the Wolverine one was a little iffy, that dude doesnt even remotely resemble Logan, only thing that was Wolverine in that one was the claws, without those i wouldnt even have known what it was.

Carnage
Thu, 07-30-2009, 06:03 AM
The Iron Man looks impressive.

The wolverine looks like utter shit.

Dark Dragon
Thu, 07-30-2009, 06:41 AM
I agree, Iron Man looks amazing.

Wolverine is just terrible, that looks so wrong.

Idealistic
Thu, 07-30-2009, 12:34 PM
They look really cool. I agree about Wolverine though. But it could have potential.

Anyways, although the Batman one isn't Marvel, I just hope these two will be a lot better. Batman disappointed me.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 07-31-2009, 10:13 AM
Wolverine shouldn't be a pretty boy with claws......

Pandadice
Fri, 07-31-2009, 02:14 PM
rofl, Wolverine looks ridiculous xD

he looks like such a stereotypical white-trash American. with the mullet and the cut-off jean jacket.. why would they change his character design so much when there are so many awesome designs for him already?

the Ironman one looks pretty sweet. it looks just like I'd expect an Ironman anime to look like. the armor's design looks exactly like the armor from the movie, which is pretty cool.

can't believe they chose ironman over spiderman :\

Wren
Fri, 07-31-2009, 02:32 PM
can't believe they chose ironman over spiderman :\

probably because iron man was the more recent comic book movie than spiderman.

Pandadice
Sat, 08-01-2009, 01:52 AM
true. movie wise i can see how ironman would be equally as big as spiderman.. but only because of the recent film. overall Spiderman is incomparably more popular than Ironman. I mean, he got a whole trilogy before Ironman even got his first film.

it's just like Spiderman and the X-Men, particularly Wolverine, are definitely the marvel characters I think of first. (actually, I'd think of about 10 different X-men before I ever thought of a different marvel character/series. but only because I used to follow x-men so much..)

itadakimasu
Sat, 08-01-2009, 09:36 AM
I was about to start this thread!

are these going to be stand-alone movies? or an actual series?

I'm in agreement that wolverine does look rediculous. I like the idea of maybe doing a hardcore series... I'd love to see an anime style remake of the xmen cartoon and make it dark and graphic ^^ that would just be awesome. I wanna see cable and bishop in the mix.

Psyke
Sat, 08-01-2009, 10:03 AM
You guys are saying Ironman looks better because he is masked. Wait till he shows his face and look exactly like Sasuke. Only more emo.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-01-2009, 10:38 AM
I was initially put off by Wolverine too, but I revised my opinion after some thought. I'm not really interested in an animated film that looks like animated frames from a Marvel comic book. To quote what I was expecting:

These Marvel Anime TV series are being created as a way of merging the beloved Marvel Super Heroes of western culture with the bold animation tradition of Japan. The resulting product will be four visually groundbreaking anime series featuring popular Super Heroes redesigned and repurposed as emerging from the fabric of Japanese culture. The series is expected to begin appearing on the Animax channel in Japan in spring of 2010

Did Ironman look good?
Yeah, it was visually pleasing.

Did it look familiar?
Yeah, it's like I was watching the Ironman movie animated.

Could I tell if it was Marvel or a Japanese studio that made it?
No. Convince me that Marvel couldn't have done it in a high budget American studio that didn't borrow anything "anime".

From what I saw, you could scratch out Bold and Tradition of Japan. I saw nothing Japanese in that. I'm all open for how animation techniques differ between Japanese and Western studios, but the most defining thing that puts anime apart from other forms of animation is the art style. What happened to being "redesigned"?

Sure, Wolverine looks off, but at least they're living up to being bold and redesigning him. They didn't get it quite right, and I'm all too happy to that out. After all, no body learns to walk right from the get go.

Ironman chose to walk the safe zone. It's all too familiar and is nothing groundbreaking like they're making it out to be.

Pandadice
Sat, 08-01-2009, 01:00 PM
I was initially put off by Wolverine too, but I revised my opinion after some thought. I'm not really interested in an animated film that looks like animated frames from a Marvel comic book. To quote what I was expecting:

Did Ironman look good?
Yeah, it was visually pleasing.

Did it look familiar?
Yeah, it's like I was watching the Ironman movie animated.

Could I tell if it was Marvel or a Japanese studio that made it?
No. Convince me that Marvel couldn't have done it in a high budget American studio that didn't borrow anything "anime".

From what I saw, you could scratch out Bold and Tradition of Japan. I saw nothing Japanese in that. I'm all open for how animation techniques differ between Japanese and Western studios, but the most defining thing that puts anime apart from other forms of animation is the art style. What happened to being "redesigned"?

Sure, Wolverine looks off, but at least they're living up to being bold and redesigning him. They didn't get it quite right, and I'm all too happy to that out. After all, no body learns to walk right from the get go.

Ironman chose to walk the safe zone. It's all too familiar and is nothing groundbreaking like they're making it out to be.

dude, what do you mean ironman didn't look like "anime"? they stole the villain's character design straight from 07 Ghost. I mean, if they're borrowing characters from anime, then of course it's gonna look "anime".

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/307/ironmandude.jpg
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/627/07ghostt.jpg

also, that chick in the car, and the car, and i'd say pretty much everything but the ironman armor, looked very "anime". when you start watching it with subs over the japanese voice actors, then you'll really get a feeling for it's "anime" appearance.

Sapphire
Sat, 08-01-2009, 03:46 PM
The hawt curly white haired man is probably seen in 100 anime. Totally tropalicious.

Mer to the animes, the characters look a little too stiff and Americanized for my tastes, but I'll probably watch Wolverine for the hot character designs.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-01-2009, 08:20 PM
I agree about the dude with white hair (his design screamed Galaxy Express 999), but not the girl.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 08-04-2009, 07:06 AM
I wonder if the stories for these are gonna be based at all on Marvel's Mangaverse line.

Pandadice
Sun, 11-08-2009, 12:56 PM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-11-07/madhouse-iron-man-next-spring-wolverine-in-summer

On November 3, the American company Marvel Entertainment confirmed in its Third Quarter 2009 financial results that the Japanese-animated television adaptations of Iron Man and Wolverine will run in Japan in the middle of 2010. More specifically, Marvel Anime: Iron Man will run on the Animax channel during the second quarter (April-June), while Marvel Anime: Wolverine will run during the third quarter (July-September). Both 12-episode series are also slated to air in the United States in 2011.

well at least thats something to look forward to in the next spring and summer seasons

Illrenmazou
Sun, 07-25-2010, 04:54 AM
New Ironman trailer (http://g4tv.com/videos/47623/Marvels-Anime-Series-Iron-Man-Coming-to-G4-in-2011/)

What the hell happened to the glorious animation style of the first trailer? And, of all things, they're using CG this time. What a let down. :(

Pandadice
Sun, 07-25-2010, 09:21 AM
New Ironman trailer (http://g4tv.com/videos/47623/Marvels-Anime-Series-Iron-Man-Coming-to-G4-in-2011/)

What the hell happened to the glorious animation style of the first trailer? And, of all things, they're using CG this time. What a let down. :(

That was a pretty sweet teaser.

I didn't think it looked that different from the older trailer they put out. I mean, of course they were gonna use CG for the robots and junk, who doesn't use CG for that stuff these days? You'll be hard pressed to find any new anime coming out that is entirely traditionally animated.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-26-2010, 02:37 AM
That was a pretty sweet teaser.

I didn't think it looked that different from the older trailer they put out. I mean, of course they were gonna use CG for the robots and junk, who doesn't use CG for that stuff these days? You'll be hard pressed to find any new anime coming out that is entirely traditionally animated.

Almost every new anime is produced using computers these days, but not all are that obvious. I personally prefer them to remain more subtle.

Illrenmazou
Mon, 07-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Like what Buffalobiian said, I'm fine with CG as long as they keep it subtle. Full blow 3D animation tends to look terrible in anime(SRW OG: Divine Wars anyone?) and it seems that the 3D fights in this show are moving that way.

However, for the plus side, I'm glad Tony gets to keep his 'stache.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5595/fourmarvelanimatedserie.jpg

Illrenmazou
Sat, 10-02-2010, 05:27 AM
Subs are out:
[Force-Works] Iron Man - 01 [A66813DB].​mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=162064)
Unofficial xvid:
[FA][Force-Works] Iron Man - 01 [XviD].​avi (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=162123)

Should we make a new thread solely for Iron Man?

Kraco
Sat, 10-02-2010, 07:41 AM
Should we make a new thread solely for Iron Man?

Go ahead.