PDA

View Full Version : Fall 2009 Anime Season

Archangel
Wed, 07-29-2009, 05:07 AM
So here we go

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2286/fall2009v1.th.jpg (http://img199.imageshack.us/i/fall2009v1.jpg/)

Fairy Tail, i hope they don't mess that one up

Dark Dragon
Wed, 07-29-2009, 05:44 AM
Fairy Tail and Asura Cryin 2 for me

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-29-2009, 05:59 AM
Wow, this next season is loaded. Crappy resolution picture though, I can't read anything other than the title.

Without synopsis and promotional vids, it's:

Certain: (sequels)

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza
A Certain Scientific Railgun
Darker than Black: Comet of Gemini
Natsu no Arashi 2
White Album 2

Interested:

11eyes
Seitokai no Ichizon
Nyan Koi!
The Sacred Blacksmith
Sasameki Koto
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Armed Librarians

So yeah......pretty much everything.

---------------------------------------
Edit: These look good too:

Winter Sonata
Kampfer
Fairy Tail (just to see what all the hype is about)
Asura Cryin 2 (if I ever check out and like Asura Cryin)

....So failing next this semester....

Archangel
Wed, 07-29-2009, 06:14 AM
I've updated with a better resolution picture Mr. Picky ...

KrayZ33
Wed, 07-29-2009, 06:41 AM
Romance of the three kingdoms sounds awesome

and Fairy Tail

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-29-2009, 07:01 AM
I've updated with a better resolution picture Mr. Picky ...

Thanks.

After reading, most of the newer series get taken down a notch. I don't think I like Seitokai no Ichizon that much anymore, but Fairy Tail sure sounds interesting.

If Nyan Koi! is a comedy series then it sounds alright. If not, then I might pass on it.

I'm having mixed feelings about Romance of the Three Kingdoms too, due to it being a collaboration between Chinese and Japanese studios.
Without discriminating against Chinese animators in general, I've had bad experiences with the last collaboration anime I watched - Legend of Condor Heroes.

The Japanese crew dropped out after the anime turned out to be more popular offshores (to Japan). There was almost an immediately apparent drop in quality, most noticeably the recycling of scenes.

Harima Kenji
Wed, 07-29-2009, 07:11 AM
Inuyasha for sure. I'll have to see about the rest..

Marik
Wed, 07-29-2009, 07:24 AM
White Album 2
InuYasha: Kanketsu hen
To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou
Queen's Blade: Heir to the Throne
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza
Fairy Tail
Kampfer

White Album was my favorite show when it was airing, highly anticipating the 2nd half.

Pandadice
Wed, 07-29-2009, 08:38 AM
one thing i noticed.. What's the deal with the Miku Hatsune in Heaven's Lost Property? well, it sounds interesting.. hopefully it'll be worth watching, and not just an ecchi harem <.<.

lets see.. i might end up checking out

Heaven's Lost Property
Kimi no Todoki (if only because it's I.g.)
mm maybe Letter Bee
definitely Sasameki Koto
Kampfer
Seitokai no Ichizon
White Album 2 (mm might as well finish up the series :\)

man, there's a ton of sequels but I haven't actually watched any of the first series basically, I need to watch darker than black, to aru Majutsu no Index, and Nogizaka Haruka.. if I can get each of those watched before the seasons start premiering, then i'll probably pick up each of their related shows.

is it just me or does Fairy Tale look exactly like One Piece?

i await a V2. with OVAs and more series.

RyougaZell
Wed, 07-29-2009, 08:57 AM
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
Fairy Tail

Archangel
Wed, 07-29-2009, 08:58 AM
A certain scientific Railgun
Fairy Tail

Who would have known

And Pandalice, Fairy Tail looks exactly like OP because the author was a student of Oda-sensei

darkshadow
Wed, 07-29-2009, 09:01 AM
is it just me or does Fairy Tale look exactly like One Piece?

Oda and the fairy tale mangaka went to the same school and I think he was Oda's assistant for awhile.

Anyway the manga is BADASS, I mean it was so good I stopped reading the manga at ch70 because I almost ran out of chapters :x, so it's on my to watch list now, along with:
Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
Nyan Koi.
Sasameki Koto
Kimi no Todoke
Haruka!!!

The rest just sounds stupid, but at least its better then summer season which only offered bakemonogatari.

KitKat
Wed, 07-29-2009, 09:33 AM
At last, Darker than Black sequel! This is the best anime season EVER! *dances around in happiness*

Testarossa Autodrive
Wed, 07-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Wow, pretty disappointing stuff to look forward to. >_>

Looks like Darker Than Black will be the only one I'm interested in. And possibly InuYasha, but I was never really into that series in the first place.

Penner
Wed, 07-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Armed Librarians - i'll check this out based on the picture alone
The Sacred Blacksmith - i like Knights and Swords!
A Certain Scientific Railgun - weird name, but it has psychics in it
Queens Blade - Havent seen the first one yet, but i will.
Fairy Tail - from what ive read, this should be awesome
11 Eyes
InuYasha

Carnage
Wed, 07-29-2009, 01:29 PM
InuYasha
Fairy Tail

Looks better than this Summer Season at least.

Death13a
Wed, 07-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Darker then black
Letter Bee ( i really like the manga)
Romance of three kingdoms
Fairy tail
Kobato (Clamp series)

MFauli
Wed, 07-29-2009, 02:20 PM
i dont get how you guys always find SO much stuff that you look forward to.

In my opinion, since the end of Death Note, anime have been getting worse from season to season. After Death Note there was Claymore, which as still pretty good. After Claymore there was Code Geass which was, again, still pretty good.

But there´s always less appealing stuff (imo of course).
I mean, last seaons, Eden of East was the big hyped up show, and though i enjoyed the series, it doesnt come even close to the 3 above named series.

Now i look at this overview in the OP and....all i see are generic fantasy-anime and romantic-anime. And maybe 1 oder 2 scifi-anime that are ruined by a female lead.

I know that ill find 2-3 shows that ill enjoy, but still...i miss the days of the .... masterpieces, like Death Note. Just remembering the feeling of following Death Note...man, good times.

Ill probably watch White Album season 2, and then...whatever proves to be interesting. At the moment, though, im utterly disappointed.

My dream-advice: Maka a second season of the Berserk-anime, there should be enough stuff for 2 or 3 more seasons until they reach the current manga chapter. But no, thats not going to happen, instead the studios put out one more "Shikai, i love you - Oh, Katou, i love you too"-anime...

Carnage
Wed, 07-29-2009, 02:43 PM
My dream-advice: Maka a second season of the Berserk-anime, there should be enough stuff for 2 or 3 more seasons until they reach the current manga chapter. But no, thats not going to happen, instead the studios put out one more "Shikai, i love you - Oh, Katou, i love you too"-anime...

I'd rather they start it all over again. And if possible do an Ultimate OVA series, like they did with Hellsing.

Sapphire
Wed, 07-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Sounds awesome:
Trapeze - I should watch Mononoke! Also this sounds interesting
Fairy Tail - The guy looks like Black Star!
Armed Librarians - I like the art, reminds me of Tenjou Tenge
A certain scientific railgun - I need to see To Aru!
Letter Bee - Looks kewl
Kimi no Todoke - sounds awesome
11eyes - Could be interesting or terrible

Must see:
Inuyasha! - I hope the first ep isn't awesome and then complete slow paced crap like in Naruto. But considering the manga is finished, it might have good pacing
Darker than Black - Yaay

lol series:
Jungle Emperor Leo - LOLLLLLLLl Reminds me of Guin Saga
Stich 2 - Why!
Romance of three kingdoms: Reminds me of a mix of Samurai 7 and Guin Saga
Winter Sonata - Saw Live action sister series, Autumn Late (or tale?) was first asian show I ever saw.. was a tearjerker... !!
Kampfer: Looks like a lulz fest will ensue

Ryllharu
Wed, 07-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Will Watch:
A Certain Scientific Railgun - It's Index without Index! Plus loads more Kuroko.
Darker than Black: Comet of Gemini - Finally acquired all the episodes of season 1, loved it.
White Album 2 - The series finally got interesting right at the cliffhanger to the first season.
Queen's Blade 2 - The first season was so bad...that somehow I need more of it.

Will try:
Fairy Tail - Big fan of the manga, and I'm very interested in who's playing Lucy and Erza. The only reason it isn't a definite is dependent on whether or not they artificially drag out the arcs or not. Short arcs are one of the things I like the most about Hiro Mashima's works.
Sora no Otoshimono (Heaven's Lost Property) - I saw the promo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqpdFT8wHh8) to this a few weeks ago, and it actually looks impressive. It should be a good mix of ecchi/harem and comedy. The serious scenes are animated very nicely.
Kampfer - I just started reading the manga of this. It's a little strange but amusing and the art is good. The plushies are really weird (like their guts are spilling out).
EDIT:
Kimi no Todoke - Upon review of the chart, I've been needing a new "nice" romance series like Itazura na Kiss or Bokura ga Ita. Not harem, not overly slapstick comedic, and not quite as angsty as White Album 2 might be. This looks right up that alley.

Anything else will be determined as things go.

Pandadice
Wed, 07-29-2009, 06:04 PM
i dont get how you guys always find SO much stuff that you look forward to.
i find so much to look forward to, by having a great deal of optimism.

In my opinion, since the end of Death Note, anime have been getting worse from season to season. After Death Note there was Claymore, which as still pretty good. After Claymore there was Code Geass which was, again, still pretty good.

But there´s always less appealing stuff (imo of course).
I mean, last seaons, Eden of East was the big hyped up show, and though i enjoyed the series, it doesnt come even close to the 3 above named series.
dude, death note code geass, and claymore (which actually came out after code geass) are all 2006-2007 series. and then code geass r2 is a 2008 series. it's only been a year since code geass r2, so maybe it'll just take a bit more time for another masterpiece like you're looking for.

Now i look at this overview in the OP and....all i see are generic fantasy-anime and romantic-anime.
well you have to remember. the production studios are trying to keep themselves in business. they can't just pump out whatever they want. they've gotta make what sells.

And maybe 1 oder 2 scifi-anime that are ruined by a female lead.
oh yeah, because an intelligent woman is an oxymoron. chicks are there for tits, not to talk. it's always a waste of time whenever a woman actually does something.

I know that ill find 2-3 shows that ill enjoy, but still...i miss the days of the .... masterpieces, like Death Note. Just remembering the feeling of following Death Note...man, good times.
i say just give it time.. and know what to watch. something'll come along. you know Box of Goblins was made by the same studios, and the director actually worked on (but not directed) Death Note. but it isn't even fully subbed...

RyougaZell
Wed, 07-29-2009, 06:45 PM
Will Watch:
A Certain Scientific Railgun - It's Index without Index! Plus loads more Kuroko.

Amen :) :)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Queen's Blade 2 - The first season was so bad...that somehow I need more of it.

If you're willing to admit it, I might as well....:o

Even though it was "bad", it still had some sort of story lying under all those naked bodies. The first season ended at a nice cliffhanger too.

Board of Command
Wed, 07-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Darker Than Black
Railgun
Winter Sonata
Kimi no Todoke
Sasameki Koto
Natsu no Arashi 2
White Album 2

shinta|hikari
Wed, 07-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Definites:

Darker Than Black 2 - Absolute must, since I loved the first season. Even if Loli-C.C. is not there anymore, Yin is still too strong a jailbait for me.

A Certain Scientific Railgun - I have read some of the manga, and I must say, I like this a lot more than the Index counterpart. Aside from not having Index, Touma is just much cooler in this version.

Sasameki Koto - Yuri dose for the season, and a good solid one at that.

White Album 2 - Got a bit too emo during the first season, and is sure to get even more emo than that this time around, but I have to know how everything will turn out.

Probably:

Natsu no Arashi 2 - I watched the first season, and while I am not too impressed, I still want to know how it will all end.

Kimi ni Todoke - Might be good to have a balanced romance story one in a while.

Armed Librarians - Falling in love with the enemy is a favorite theme of mine, no matter how trite.

The Sacred Blacksmith - I feel Regios vibes from this. I like protagonists that are initially strong, so we don't have to get dragged around the shounen power-up crap.

Fairy Tail - I am a fan of the manga, but it will all depend on how they animate Erza. If she gets detailed armour, swords, and retains her cold appeal, I will watch this.

Kobato - Sounds like Tsubasa Chronicle and Aria combined. It might have potential if it does not go too slow.

Possible:

Asura Cryin 2 - I had to muddle through the last few episodes of this, and I actually don't like it, but I will still give it a chance because I already wasted half a season on the first half.

Ryllharu
Thu, 07-30-2009, 04:46 PM
I read a bit of Kimi ni Todoke, and it reminds me a lot of Angel Densetsu if you made that shonen comedy into a shoujo romance comedy. Sawako and Kitano are very similar people, both horribly misunderstood. This is switching to a definite watch.

Pandadice
Thu, 08-27-2009, 12:40 PM
The Sacred Blacksmith is Manglobe?

dude, how could i miss that? i'm definitely gonna watch that

Archangel
Thu, 08-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Obviously, the best anime season in a while comes around the same time school starts

Pandadice
Thu, 08-27-2009, 01:36 PM
isn't the fall season always the best?

fall '07 and '08 were both super awesome seasons, packed with series that i'm still trying to find time to watch. and though this fall season doesn't look as good as the past two years, it definitely looks like it's got some quality show.

masamuneehs
Sun, 08-30-2009, 07:16 AM
every season so many shows come out... and so many of the ones I'm interested in aren't subbed at all... really only see myself adding two or three of these news shows, so trying to be a bit more realistic with this post...

Letter Bee might be interesting for me... i have no idea why, but i think i'm just in love with post-apocaylpse settings.

Nyan Koi seems absolutely stupid, but as I despise cats myself, I think it might be the light comedy dose I've been lacking since Akikan

... ... that's it? jesus. i honestly don't think i've ever seen a season preview set that's failed to interest me as much as this one does. MFauli, you do strike a pretty good point (testarossa also). I feel like it's just more and more of the same, unoriginal show-types...

Dark Dragon
Sun, 08-30-2009, 09:06 AM

i miss the days of the .... masterpieces, like Death Note. Just remembering the feeling of following Death Note...man, good times.

I do agree that the new season is rather lackluster but to quote Pandaice from above, most of the stuff that you mention are fairly recent. Both Death Note and Code Geass are rather flawed (i really can't call them masterpieces, but that's a matter of personal opinion) and the anime version of Claymore was butchered.

If you can't find anything new to be worthwhile to watch then i suggest trying some of the older series from the 90's.

To add onto my list:

Kampfer: i recently started reading the manga and the premise is not bad, so that'll give me 3 show to watch. Even though i'm kinda tempted to not bother with Asura Cryin 2 since the last few episodes of the first one was so bad.

Carnage
Sun, 08-30-2009, 10:18 AM
I'll be watching Fairy Tail and InuYasha, that's about it.

Pandadice
Sun, 08-30-2009, 10:33 AM
Even though i'm kinda tempted to not bother with Asura Cryin 2 since the last few episodes of the first one was so bad.

last few? i can't bring myself to watch past ep 3 >.<...

Pandadice
Sun, 09-13-2009, 03:20 PM
v2 of the chart is out

http://chartfag.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/fall-2009-v2-export1.jpg

Ryllharu
Sun, 09-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Holy Shit.

The new Kiddy Grade is finally airing.

Archangel
Sun, 09-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Shakugan no Shana???

What is it? Some recap OVA?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-13-2009, 05:35 PM
What is it? Some recap OVA?

AFAIK, a sequel OVA to Shana II.

I pretty much want to watch everything. Hopefully I'll cut back some after PVs.

Archangel
Sun, 09-13-2009, 05:57 PM
AFAIK, a sequel OVA to Shana II.

I pretty much want to watch everything. Hopefully I'll cut back some after PVs.

I came

I remember reading about Shana 3 a while back, whatever happened to that?

RyougaZell
Sun, 09-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Holy Shit.

The new Kiddy Grade is finally airing.

Holy shit indeed. I can't wait to see it :D

Lets see...
Railgun? Check
Darker than Black? Check
Shugo Chara? Check
Shana Ova? Check
Negima Ova? Check
Fairy Tail? Check
Kiddy Grade? Check

Its a good season. Although full of sequels.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-13-2009, 07:42 PM
Kiddy Grade looks like a good dose of cute yuri goodness. I might go check out the first series.

Marik
Sun, 09-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Kiddy Grade looks like a good dose of cute yuri goodness. I might go check out the first series.
Yuri, eh? Interesting, I'll check it out.

I'm definitely gonna check out the Akikan! OVA. It'll be nice to see Yell-chan, Miku, and of course my favorite Airin-kun (Kizaki-desu) again.

Ryllharu
Sun, 09-13-2009, 09:18 PM
I don't think you really understand what Kiddy Grade is about.

Fanservice (http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7097/eclair4.jpg), most definitely. Yuri...not so much.

masamuneehs
Mon, 09-14-2009, 04:04 AM
really can't say anything strikes my interest except for Blue Literature. I'll try Letter Bee and Nyan Koi, but, well...

that's about it for me for this season. i think it's nuts how you see almost no seinen titles and so many romance/ecchi/shounen for this season. not a trend i can be enthusiastic about...

shinta|hikari
Mon, 09-14-2009, 04:55 AM
What about Darker than Black? It is shounen, but geared towards a bit more mature audience.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-14-2009, 05:56 AM
One of the Shana manga is considered Seinen, but I think the majority of the franchise is aiming for a younger demographic.

Archangel
Mon, 09-14-2009, 07:29 AM
I missed the Negima OVA

Man this season is giving me one hell of a woody

Pandadice
Mon, 09-14-2009, 12:07 PM
really can't say anything strikes my interest except for Blue Literature. I'll try Letter Bee and Nyan Koi, but, well...

that's about it for me for this season. i think it's nuts how you see almost no seinen titles and so many romance/ecchi/shounen for this season. not a trend i can be enthusiastic about...

most of that romance/ecchi is considered seinen.

sacred blacksmith at first i thought was gonna be really ecchi/just be fanservice, but after watching the trailer, i don't think it will be. plus it's manglobe, and yeah michiko to hatchin had fanservice, but it was still a great show.

then like Romance of the Three Kingdoms will probably most definitely be seinen. Armed Librarian also looks seinen.

but really, with shows like Kampfer and Heavens Lost Property.. There's a reason those shows will air at 2am you know..

Kraco
Mon, 09-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Even a new Kiss x Sis episode.

Pandadice
Mon, 09-14-2009, 02:49 PM
^the final one :(

new to-love ru, kanokon, shakugan no shana, and today in class 5-2 as well ^^. also some naruto thing that i'll watch :\

Buffalobiian
Tue, 09-29-2009, 02:12 AM
Preview at RandomC is out:

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009/09/29/fall-2009-preview/

Pandadice
Tue, 09-29-2009, 08:56 AM
well that was interesting to read.

he might've sold me on Darker Than Black 2.. if it takes place in russia, and is 13 epiosdes, and in stead of doing the part-1 part-2 story format that the first season did, it's just one continuous arc.. then i might watch it after all.

i liked what was said about Sacred Black Smith. it doesn't initially look that good, but it is manglobe, so we should be cautiously optimistic.. definitely gonna watch it though.

Ryllharu
Tue, 09-29-2009, 04:22 PM
i liked what was said about Sacred Black Smith. it doesn't initially look that good, but it is manglobe, so we should be cautiously optimistic.. definitely gonna watch it though.
It has Ayumi Fujimura (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=53711) in it as a main character. I always enjoy her voice, so I'm definitely going to try it.

Narasho
Thu, 10-01-2009, 12:57 AM
Another meh season for me. I'll check out the anime adaptation of Fairy Tail, and stick to manga otherwise.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-02-2009, 07:10 PM
CrunchyRoll's licensed a whole heap of shows this season. I hope it doesn't put groups off so much that our only options are [HorribleSubs].

http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_FALL_2009

Archangel
Fri, 10-02-2009, 07:19 PM
CrunchyRoll's licensed a whole heap of shows this season. I hope it doesn't put groups off so much that our only options are [HorribleSubs].

http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_FALL_2009

Oh man that would be hell

Sapphire
Fri, 10-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Okay, remembering my first exposure to real live action asian media (which happened to be the sappy Korean drama Autumn Tale - total tearjerker!) I had to check out it's most certainly sappy cousin Winter Sonata, expecting to snicker at the sappy tearjerkerness.

But instead I was sucked into the plot! I totally want to see it now!!!

Pandadice
Fri, 10-02-2009, 07:29 PM
yeah, crunchyroll has like as many shows this season as there are sequels, and honestly, that's saying something.

Board of Command
Fri, 10-02-2009, 09:58 PM
SFW is going to do Winter Sonata. At least that's the tentative plan.

poopdeville
Sun, 10-04-2009, 08:33 PM
I'll watch Railgun, but I didn't even finish Index. Fairy Tail sounds interesting. Maybe. Armed Librarians sounded interesting until I read the description. It was better in my imagination. Darker than Black 2 has potential.

Nothing on that list sounds better than DBK or the new FMA or One Piece. (Notice I didn't mention Naruto, hehheh)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-07-2009, 08:06 AM
http://www.ggkthx.org/2009/10/05/fairy-tail-sasameki-koto-seitokai-no-ichizon-dropped/

We’ve been purposely trying to avoid overlap with our nakama groups, hence why we will be avoiding Railgun and Shin Koihime Musou as well.

I'm not sure what the "four nakama groups in the JAED Fansubbing Cabal ", but it's reassuring that they have something like this, even if it's self-proclaimed by gg only.

With crunchyroll monopolizing the place, at least these guys are trying to sub different shows, rather than oversubbing some and neglecting others.

Initially I had hoped JAED involved AnimeOne (and that they'll sub Railgun), but the "A" more likely meant Ayako. (Which is fine, providing better raws come out.)

Of all things though, Eclipse had to pick Seitokai....

shinta|hikari
Wed, 10-07-2009, 08:16 AM
What is wrong with Seitokai? I think that show deserves good subbers because of the content (references and wordplay jokes). Railgun should be easy to translate in comparison.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-07-2009, 08:24 AM
What is wrong with Seitokai? I think that show deserves good subbers because of the content (references and wordplay jokes). Railgun should be easy to translate in comparison.

After the first episode, nothing..

Just that from what I heard about the novels, I'm not anticipating it to keep up this level of entertainment.

It also means that we may have to wait for Eclipse to sub the first episode before we get the second, while gg now has to find a new show to translate if they were to replace it with something.

Board of Command
Wed, 10-07-2009, 04:36 PM
SFW is releasing Kimi ni Todoke tonight.

Archangel
Thu, 10-08-2009, 07:37 AM
Version 3, hopefully the last one

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/6903/fall2009v3export1.th.jpg (http://img126.imageshack.us/i/fall2009v3export1.jpg/)

masamuneehs
Thu, 10-08-2009, 08:29 AM
oh, some more Akikan? while this season is heavy on comedies, i do think i'd like to see more of that one.

that aside, i'm really starting to jones for some good action, particularly futuristic action... guess it's a good thing i saved some spring '09 series for now...

Archangel
Thu, 10-08-2009, 08:41 AM
oh, some more Akikan? while this season is heavy on comedies, i do think i'd like to see more of that one.

that aside, i'm really starting to jones for some good action, particularly futuristic action... guess it's a good thing i saved some spring '09 series for now...

Well if the new Kiddy Grade is anything like the last one it should fill your hunger quite nicely

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-08-2009, 08:55 AM
11eyes just got licensed by CRoll.

I'm loving this season.

Dark Dragon
Thu, 10-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah i can honestly say that i'm loving this season too.

I came in expecting only 1 or 2 interesting show, but many of the first episodes manage to catch my interest.

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-08-2009, 01:20 PM
11eyes just got licensed by CRoll.

I'm loving this season.

Triple fuck.

I wanted to see 11 eyes... :(

masamuneehs
Fri, 10-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Triple fuck.

I wanted to see 11 eyes... :(
gah. i completely echo this sentiment. CR might offer their services to free in alot of places, but it doesn't mean there aren't a good number of people out there who aren't included in that lot.

guess that's one off my list.

edit - or not. looks like a group called 'Tomodachi' is going to be subbing it, even with CrunchyRoll streaming it. cheers to those guys.

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-09-2009, 03:10 PM
CR might offer their services to free in alot of places, but it doesn't mean there aren't a good number of people out there who aren't included in that lot."Free" is up for debate. Assuming you are in an area where CR even works, if you want anything better than low-res youtube quality and a week late[1], you're paying, and that means you are paying for translation and subtitles that do not apparently go through QC for more than five minutes.

[1]The week late I could probably deal with, since that's just a fight against instant gratification, which I can't justify hating just because I'm impatient.

MFauli
Fri, 10-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Btw. any news on the new Kaiji-season? Has there been anything since that revealing-video`?

Pandadice
Fri, 10-09-2009, 05:12 PM
there's a new Kaiji anime coming out?? awman, i haven't heard anything about that. i know a live action movie is coming out, and by the trailer it's covering stuff the anime did, but it still looks interesting.

Archangel
Sun, 10-11-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm loving this season, it's just started and i've already got 4 animes on my watch list