PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 551

Marik
Fri, 07-24-2009, 06:13 AM
Jimbei - Online Viewing (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/551/01)
Binktopia - Direct Download (http://dl02.mangashare.com/One_Piece_551%5BBinktopia%5D.zip) - SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/4jlasl) - Online Viewing (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-551/page001.html)

----

All hell is about to break loose.

UChessmaster
Fri, 07-24-2009, 07:58 AM
Oh !@#$%! Whitebeard!

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Buggy is a dork.

Will Hancock betray the goverment as soon as Luffy arrives? I hope so.

I still don't understand why Ace hates Roger.

joker-kun
Fri, 07-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Buggy is a dork.

Will Hancock betray the goverment as soon as Luffy arrives? I hope so.

I still don't understand why Ace hates Roger.

Maybe he is still talking about Dragon in those flashbacks??

To be honest, I don't see why all 5 of the remaining Shichibukai don't just defect and completely destroy the World Government. But even if all of them don't I think Kuma and Hancock will.

Most of you probably disagree with me, but with all the ships be coated I have suspicion Raliegh is somewhere close too, and I am still hoping Dragon is going to show. There is still the possibility of Shanks too...

To be honest, even with the admirals, I don't see how the World Government isn't fucked here.

Maybe the other Yonkou will show up, and then in the middle of all the fighting one will strike down Whitebeard. No more World Government, and no more Whitebeard... would shape up to be interesting.

darkmetal505
Fri, 07-24-2009, 10:08 AM
Amazing chapter. I just want to see Luffy's part in all of this.

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-24-2009, 10:12 AM
BTW... WTF Ussop? Fat Ussop?

Kaya is going to be SO dissapointed... lol.

Carnage
Fri, 07-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Im still placing my bets on Buggy "killing" Whitebeard.

I'd say right now it's about even, Whitebeard vs Admirals and Pirate Captains vs. Schichibukai and Marine Captains such as Smoker, it matches up. But if anyone like Rayleigh, Dragon, or another Yonkou shows up, well tough shit. It was nice knowing you WG.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-24-2009, 10:51 AM
actually, with this much men, I'm pretty sure Whitebeard should be able win.

of course, he won't since he's going to take the bullet for ace, but still.

also, submarines? I know that Franky had a mini sub, but I was under the impression that no such thing existed in the one piece setting. maybe the governments super weapon is that they re-created the islad as a war-sub.

rockmanj
Fri, 07-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Wow, what a bad-ass entrance! And I literally laughed out loud at fat Usopp! Even though it was 16 pages, it was very well paced. It felt longer than reading bleach chapters, but in a good way.

Assertn
Fri, 07-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Strange, in the spoilers I was reading, one of the new world captains is supposed to have a bounty over 600M. The scale of the fight really should be interesting...we've seen very minimal action from people in the new world.

Hancock is indeed in an interesting situation, though...I'm sure she'll defect, but I'm not sure how she'll find the opportunity.

Usopp.....is disappointing...

also, submarines? I know that Franky had a mini sub, but I was under the impression that no such thing existed in the one piece setting. maybe the governments super weapon is that they re-created the islad as a war-sub.
Did you forget about the ship coating? You know, for ships to get to merman island? The four ships that surface in this chapter are all shiny looking cause of the coating job.

Splash!
Fri, 07-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Upon the arrival of Whitebeard and his fleet, everyone is freaking out, even Sengoku. Yet the 3 Admirals are the most calm and composed. They aren't even slightly nervous in the presence of Whitebeard. I still don't think Whitebeard has the upper hand and I don't believe he will until we see some sort of look of fear from even one of the of 3 admirals.

Also, Oda might be a masterful story teller but boy, does he have god awful character designs. This would have been an even more epic moment if those pirate captains looked a bit more normal. Why can't we have more people looking like the admirals (despite their awkward proportions) or even Whitebeard (despite his moustache that seems to be made of bone).

The Chancellor
Fri, 07-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Upon the arrival of Whitebeard and his fleet, everyone is freaking out, even Sengoku. Yet the 3 Admirals are the most calm and composed. They aren't even slightly nervous in the presence of Whitebeard Which means that they are getting ready to bust out some white coat logia can of whoop ass on him. I'm actually surprised that that really old strategic vice admiral lady, said something about the formation.

And I guess we finally know who Dadan actually is. It looks like Oda's doing his best to try and hide it but you can clearly see he's one of the five government heads. Looks to be the youngest one on the far left. The short haired blonde one with his hands in his pockets. Does it bother anyone else that we don't know how old as fucking WB opened the GOJ? I mean really man cmon Oda wtf. And Buggy needs to die. I'm getting really sick of him. And no not just because I'm deathly afraid of clowns.

Plus, why does every, single, NW ship have an animal obsession? What's up with that. Not one of those ships didn't have an animal on the front. And, personally, I'm kind of dissapointed in Odas crack design team. They need to read more on pirates and watch some more Pirates of the Caribbean or something. The designs are really of weak sauce. So are the captains actually.

Augury
Fri, 07-24-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't think Oda intends to make Whitebeard's pirate allies awesome or important. They're newly introduced characters just for the purpose of making this fight more even, so he went with his usual joke designs.

I'm looking forward to how Oda handles the upcoming battle.

Also, at the cover page... first Sanji, now Ussop?

FireEmblem
Fri, 07-24-2009, 05:29 PM
The art is what MAKES all of the pirates in this manga so damn awesome! I would never forget it, if I got my ass handed to me by a super strange looking pirate.

And damn this is so epic. I really want the Thousand Sunny to be one of those 47 ships. Please please please please please please please please please make it happen!

The Chancellor
Fri, 07-24-2009, 06:20 PM
The art is what MAKES all of the pirates in this manga so damn awesome! I would never forget it, if I got my ass handed to me by a super strange looking pirate.

And damn this is so epic. I really want the Thousand Sunny to be one of those 47 ships. Please please please please please please please please please make it happen! First of all.I was just playing around. Almost every ship looks great and the designs are awesome in usual Op style. My favorite captain is probably the crazy looking brothers on the far left. They look ballsy.

And yeah it's 43 ships man not 47. I like how they're actually there for Ace and want to make sure he's fine. This should be fun. I just hope that at least a good amount of those captains, either are or have devils fruit users on their crews. Other wise, they better have something else. Oda has a perfect record. I'd hate for him to break his bad ass record with something weak like that. He should easily be able to come up with something creative.

FireEmblem
Sat, 07-25-2009, 01:56 AM
Haha yeah I think I was too excited when I typed the number to look back to make sure. Though it technically is 47 boats!

Splash!
Sat, 07-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Won't the pirates start attacking Luffy & Co. when they see a marine battleship in their midst?

Assertn
Sat, 07-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Won't the pirates start attacking Luffy & Co. when they see a marine battleship in their midst?
I hadn't thought of that, actually...but considering that the gates of justice have opened for them and nobody else is in the current, I'm thinking they might already know Luffy's there.

Technically, Crocodile, Mr. 1, and Buggy are enemies of Whitebeard though... at least they will be during the war.

joker-kun
Mon, 07-27-2009, 11:23 AM
This topic looks pretty dead, so who knows if I will get a reply. But how many of you think that Luffy might actually see Shanks again (in the current arc)?

There's a good chance Shanks will show up, and we know Luffy is. It would be interesting if they seen each other for the first time in a long time.

Who knows maybe Shanks and WB will both die along with half of the Marines.

Augury
Mon, 07-27-2009, 04:48 PM
There is a chance that Shanks will show up, but I am betting that he won't. Since he tried to persuade Whitebeard to stop Ace from going after Blackbeard, he probably predicted that Ace would lose and these events would happen. Shanks seems like the type of person that doesn't want to get involved in unnecessary conflict if his friends aren't involved.

Assertn
Mon, 07-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Shanks is already busy with his own battle. He's fighting one of the Yonkou that was trying to stop Whitebeard from attacking the WG.

The Chancellor
Mon, 07-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Shanks is already busy with his own battle. He's fighting one of the Yonkou that was trying to stop Whitebeard from attacking the WG. Yes. He's fighting Kaidow. Although, how long can the battle be? It depends on how we look at it. If we see it as a distraction for WB to get away, then he's probably still fighting him even though WB already bailed. However if we see it as a friend helping out a friend (aka, Shanks helping WB) then he's probably still making sure he's staying where he is, and most likely a crazy battle by now. There's also a third way to look at it. If Kaidow came to attack WB and stop him, and WB has so many ships to spare, then he probably left some behind in the new world to help Shanks hold him off as a thank you. And, there are 14 division captains there with him now at marine ford. Wb's total crew has 16. Which means that he must have left two behind for shanks or something.

Another thing to consider is that Kaidow is a yonkou so he's been around the new world and grand line for years now exploring and building a crew up to become a yonkou. So I'm thinking (and once again just a thought) that he knew about Aces true bloodline and wanted to stop it from getting any further and stop Ace from becoming the PK. So he tried to stop WB's crew from going to protect Ace and stop the execution. That way he lets the government to the dirty work for him and he can stay in the NW looking for new places and progressing without having to worry about Ace.

Assertn
Mon, 07-27-2009, 08:29 PM
The impression I got was that Kaidou didn't want the balance of powers to topple out of the Yonkou's favor as a result of the war.

The Chancellor
Tue, 07-28-2009, 12:29 AM
The impression I got was that Kaidou didn't want the balance of powers to topple out of the Yonkou's favor as a result of the war. How is that different from what I said?

Assertn
Tue, 07-28-2009, 02:28 AM
How is that different from what I said?
Its different in that its in no way related.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 07-28-2009, 03:18 AM
And, there are 14 division captains there with him now at marine ford. Wb's total crew has 16. Which means that he must have left two behind for shanks or something.

14 with WB at the marine place.
1 dead (killed by Black Beard)
1 Ace.

I can't see Shanks coming, but who knows.

Archangel
Wed, 07-29-2009, 06:10 AM
The impression I got was that Kaidou didn't want the balance of powers to topple out of the Yonkou's favor as a result of the war.

Either way, both sides are sure to be met with heavy casualties

How doesn't that work in favor of the other Yankous?

Munsu
Wed, 07-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Some volumes ago, Shanks and Whitebeard where going to fight or something right? What happened there? Also, I wonder if the reason that Shanks and Whitebeard might be at odds is because Whitebeard is trying to make Ace Pirate King, while Shaks is protecting Luffy's interest.

Well, also Shanks was part of Roger's crew, so the animosity might come from there. I wonder what Shanks thinks of Ace and him being part of Whitebeard's crew.

FireEmblem
Wed, 07-29-2009, 01:10 PM
With the latest revelations about Ace, I think Shanks wanted to stop THIS from happening. He knew that Blackbeard was someone that Ace would not be able to capture/defeat, and that the result would be this. That's why before their fight, Shanks mentioned to Blackbeard about his 3 scars, and how he had received them before Blackbeard even had a devils fruit. It was obviously Shanks talking up Blackbeard's fighting ability.

depthcharge
Tue, 08-04-2009, 09:05 PM
The scar on Shank's eye. Unfortunately it wasnt deep enough, otherwise we can install a hook on his left arm plus an eye patch on his left eye. Then he would really look like a pirate.

Unlike the Crocodile who make believe that he lost a hand... and wore a hook over it.

poopdeville
Tue, 08-04-2009, 09:40 PM
That was a mistake by Oda (or his assistants). He fixed it in the volumes.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/File:Croco2.jpg

depthcharge
Wed, 08-05-2009, 01:06 AM
Hmm, I remember seeing it in anime that the hook crack or something when he fought Luffy.

Or he released it to do some sinister move.

Dont remember exactly which episode. Maybe ill go back and search around.

Either way, if I was the goverment, I would not allow Crocodile-chan to keep his hook when I send him to the brick.

Edited: Anyway, I still have probably the highest respect for Shanks and his crew. Cool yet terrifying powerful.