PDA

View Full Version : Naruto chapter 456

fireheart
Thu, 07-16-2009, 07:32 AM
onemanga (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/456/)

RasenDori
Thu, 07-16-2009, 08:36 AM
So no Sakura and Sai on this mission... man... I really wanted to see Sakura vs Karin. Has she done anything since the Sasori fight? Better yet has Sai done anything since ... his first appearance. I thought that a lot would happen with Sai since his loyalty is being questioned by root, but I guess he's getting written out of this arc.

A brief history on the Hidden Mist. That was good I was starting to get confused about them. They seemed to happy-go-lucky to be the village formerly known as the Bloody Mist. I wonder if that was Madara's era.

Danzou thinks this meeting will work out for him... too bad Sasuke's gonna out his dirty deeds. All that crap that he threw out at the emergency meetings gonna get thrown in his face. I'm glad they addressed Danzou's dirty deeds in this chapter. I was starting to think that the Hokage was not a desirable position for him. A lot of Danzou's could actions of "protecting the village" could potentially intigate war, and unless there's something to gain that isn't really desirable for the Leaf or the Fire country. In the past the Hokage could deny involvement and avoid disaster, but with Danzou in the open the village will have a harder time denying corrupt actions. Danzou, in trying to protect the village, could potentially destroy it.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 07-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Samurai's huh? How can they be any better than Ninja?

Patriot
Thu, 07-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Yeah seems a bit random. Hope they have powers just like Ninja or equal too. Because Sword techniques aren't going to do squat against Charka enabled ninja.

RasenDori
Thu, 07-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Well the hidden villages don't mess with them. They've got to be good. I wonder how samurai use chakra.

Archangel
Thu, 07-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Samurais? lol

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 07-16-2009, 09:27 AM
The new Mizukage must have had some bad experiences with relationships.

Sidnne
Thu, 07-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Naruto's right eye is bandaged... I'll bet he has sharingan too! Or maybe he is Madara!!

Actually, it would be funny if Naruto arrived at the meeting before Danzou and everyone mistook him for Danzou because of the bandages. People probably don't know much more about Danzou than that he is bandaged, and the sand nins are the only ones who know Naruto. If the others see a bandaged guy show up with two of Konoha's strongest ninjas, then they could very well assume he is the Hokage, lol.

rockmanj
Thu, 07-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Naruto's right eye is bandaged... I'll bet he has sharingan too! Or maybe he is Madara!!

Actually, it would be funny if Naruto arrived at the meeting before Danzou and everyone mistook him for Danzou because of the bandages. People probably don't know much more about Danzou than that he is bandaged, and the sand nins are the only ones who know Naruto. If the others see a bandaged guy show up with two of Konoha's strongest ninjas, then they could very well assume he is the Hokage, lol.

That would actually be laugh out loud funny. "Right this way hokage..." Naruto: "huh?"

Pandadice
Thu, 07-16-2009, 01:33 PM
dude, those samurai looked like the cops in Jin-Roh, this is getting awesome. can't wait to see them fight.

overall this chapter just seemed too all-over-the-place... found it hard to follow.

samsonlonghair
Thu, 07-16-2009, 03:28 PM
I usually don't like manga about samurai (too traditional I suppose), but these guys look awesome. I'm psyched to see them fight.

Actually, it would be funny if Naruto arrived at the meeting before Danzou and everyone mistook him for Danzou because of the bandages.
That would be damn funny I can actually imagine that happening.

By the way, binktopia is out. (http://binktopia.org/showthread.php?t=359)

Sidnne
Thu, 07-16-2009, 08:45 PM
In regards to the Samurai... Historically speaking, a samurai would kick a ninja's ass any day of the week. Ninja were not the uber-skilled, kick-ass fighters that Hollywood has made them out to be, however the Samurai were. A ninja sword was not even very sharp and was used primarily for defense. Ninja were stealth assassins, not great warriors; they killed with things like poisons or by waiting for hours in darkness for a chance to ambush their target.

If a ninja had to fight a samurai in a 1v1 battle, the ninja would not have a chance. I know that doesn't matter much in a manga, but still, I wouldn't be so quick to laugh at the samurai, and I hope they put up a good fight and aren't just cannon fodder for Falcon.

The Chancellor
Thu, 07-16-2009, 09:18 PM
In regards to the Samurai... Historically speaking, a samurai would kick a ninja's ass any day of the week. Ninja were not the uber-skilled, kick-ass fighters that Hollywood has made them out to be, however the Samurai were. A ninja sword was not even very sharp and was used primarily for defense. Ninja were stealth assassins, not great warriors; they killed with things like poisons or by waiting for hours in darkness for a chance to ambush their target.

If a ninja had to fight a samurai in a 1v1 battle, the ninja would not have a chance. I know that doesn't matter much in a manga, but still, I wouldn't be so quick to laugh at the samurai, and I hope they put up a good fight and aren't just cannon fodder for Falcon. I agree. In fact I'll do you one better and say that Kishi already kind of baked it in with the Earth kage saying that no one lays a finger on them. We don't why, maybe an agreement or something with the other countries, but it could be because they own as guardians and as over all fighters too. Just a theory.

Psyke
Thu, 07-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Boring chapter, but it's been a while since we last saw hand seals. :p

Patriot
Fri, 07-17-2009, 08:46 AM

Yeah especially since he has that blanket or whatever on him. I'm calling this one. That we will be quoting you in one or two weeks time. Its how they get in to the meeting.

Assertn
Fri, 07-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Yep...
Then all the jounins will approve of Naruto being Hokage and he will become Hokage by technicality.

Sam98034
Sat, 07-18-2009, 11:46 PM

If a ninja had to fight a samurai in a 1v1 battle, the ninja would not have a chance. I know that doesn't matter much in a manga, but still, I wouldn't be so quick to laugh at the samurai, and I hope they put up a good fight and aren't just cannon fodder for Falcon.

I'm not sure, but I think it was more of a caste system. Samurais were at the top, then farmers, and merchants were at the bottom. You were born a Samurai, you didn't have to pass through some test. It was a privileged class. You were also the only ones allowed to carry swords. That's the way I heard it.

Sidnne
Sun, 07-19-2009, 01:15 AM
I'm not sure, but I think it was more of a caste system. Samurais were at the top, then farmers, and merchants were at the bottom. You were born a Samurai, you didn't have to pass through some test. It was a privileged class. You were also the only ones allowed to carry swords. That's the way I heard it.

They were considered nobles, yes. Just as knights were. But they were the military of Japan, they were born into it and trained from birth to be great fighters. They weren't just born with the title "Samurai" though; you could be noble and not be a Samurai. But if you were from a Samurai family, chances are you were learning the sword as soon as you could walk, its what would have been expected of you.

Stitch
Mon, 07-20-2009, 07:24 PM
The capes that Naruto, Kakashi, and Yamato are wearing are way more bad ass than Madara's, and Naruto doesn't hide behind a mask either.

Akatsuki's capes have all this flowery and cloudy shit on them. No wonder its members are being picked off one by one by Konaha's elite.

samsonlonghair
Mon, 07-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Yep, that's Akatsuki's great weakness: feminine clothing. How can Akatsuki conquer the world if their fashion brings up questions about their sexuality? Come to think of it, Deidra did seem a little limp-wristed.

Anyway, I want to see Kisame fight one of those Samurai. Then I want to see Chojuro join in the fight. Hasn't Sasuke been carrying a sword around since before he killed Orochimaru? There are an awful lot of swordsman in this manga that so far has had almost no swordfights.

poopdeville
Tue, 07-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Heh, a little limp wristed? Deidara's haircut was more gay than men kissing.

Archangel
Tue, 07-21-2009, 03:36 PM
It was a pony tail and emo bangs...

It wasn't that bad, i liked his design actually

itadakimasu
Tue, 07-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Sid : That's a great idea... Naruto being mistaken for danzou and let into the meeting. I will lmao of that happens. That will be awesome ^^

I'm pretty curious to see if Gaara is still a bad ass without his beast inside him.

rockmanj
Tue, 07-21-2009, 04:24 PM
Sid : That's a great idea... Naruto being mistaken for danzou and let into the meeting. I will lmao of that happens. That will be awesome ^^

I'm pretty curious to see if Gaara is still a bad ass without his beast inside him.

I think he still has a lot of chakra and sand control; although its probably diminished greatly. I don't know if its right, but do you think the Hosts all have naturally high chakra capacity?

Archangel
Tue, 07-21-2009, 04:43 PM
I think i read somewhere that kishi stated that his abilities were exactly the same except he can't transform into the ichibi now

I might be wrong about this though

ForteCross
Tue, 07-21-2009, 06:36 PM
ichibi was the weakest beast... so if gaara is a genius (almost all the characters are genius at something....) he might be able to be strong like before

The Chancellor
Tue, 07-21-2009, 08:04 PM
How many akatsuki are left? Three? There's three right? Kisame Madara and Zetsu?

Archangel
Tue, 07-21-2009, 08:47 PM
ichibi was the weakest beast... so if gaara is a genius (almost all the characters are genius at something....) he might be able to be strong like before

Ichibi was by no means the weakest, kishi has stated time and time again that the number of tails has nothing to do with the beast's power level

The nine tails is indeed the strongest though

darkshadow
Wed, 07-22-2009, 08:24 AM

This is one of those other things you people need to stop doing. The ONLY thing shukaku ever did for gaara was automatic defense, so that is probably the only thing he has lost. He wasn't on speaking terms with his Bijuu so he never used its chakra. Him being an insomniac to keep Shukaku from taking over and him running out of chakra when fighting Kimimaro/Deidara prove this.

Heck the only reason why Naruto can use Kyuubi's chakra is because the seal was designed that way and as shown too much of it can cause Kyuubi to take over.
I don't think Gaara would even joke around with giving Shukaku even the slightest window of opportunity.

Gaara is still as badass as before.

UChessmaster
Wed, 07-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Talking about Gaara and his lack of Bijuu, i don`t remember too well, but i think Gaara has those black things on his eyes either because he has the Bijuu or because he can`t sleep, shouldn`t those have dissapeared already by now then?

rockmanj
Wed, 07-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Maybe the 16 years of sleeplessness or so made those rings under his eyes permanent. However, I'm not sure that crazy just goes away like it did for him.

The Chancellor
Wed, 07-22-2009, 01:53 PM
This is one of those other things you people need to stop doing. The ONLY thing shukaku ever did for gaara was automatic defense, so that is probably the only thing he has lost. He wasn't on speaking terms with his Bijuu so he never used its chakra. Him being an insomniac to keep Shukaku from taking over and him running out of chakra when fighting Kimimaro/Deidara prove this.

Heck the only reason why Naruto can use Kyuubi's chakra is because the seal was designed that way and as shown too much of it can cause Kyuubi to take over.
I don't think Gaara would even joke around with giving Shukaku even the slightest window of opportunity.

Gaara is still as badass as before. Wasn't it the priests spirit attached to the sand some how that allowed him to be defended and use the sand how ever he wanted? I thought it was something like that. Or something like his moms spirit? And yeah I don't remember Kishi ever saying that the tailed beasts were stronger or weaker one way or the other in terms of how many tails they had.

XanBcoo
Wed, 07-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Wasn't it the priests spirit attached to the sand some how that allowed him to be defended and use the sand how ever he wanted? I thought it was something like that. Or something like his moms spirit?
Yeah, I recall Gaara's uncle saying something about how since Gaara's mom died in childbirth, it was her spirit and chakra that was inside the sand, protecting Gaara.

I miss Yashamaru. Unfortunately he didn't fall into the black and white morality scale in Naruto's world and was killed off all too soon.

Abdula
Wed, 07-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I recall Gaara's uncle saying something about how since Gaara's mom died in childbirth, it was her spirit and chakra that was inside the sand, protecting Gaara.
Yeah, that was a lie they told Gaara to make him feel better about himself.

Wasn't it the priests spirit attached to the sand some how that allowed him to be defended and use the sand how ever he wanted?
The spirit you're referring to is Shukaku.

XanBcoo
Wed, 07-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah, that was a lie they told Gaara to make him feel better about himself.
I really wish this were true. Certainly would have added a layer of realism to Gaara, in that he really was just an inconsolable child.

Assertn
Wed, 07-22-2009, 10:31 PM
I really wish this were true. Certainly would have added a layer of realism to Gaara, in that he really was just an inconsolable child.
It is true. The truth is that Gaara's mom detested Gaara.

Archangel
Wed, 07-22-2009, 10:41 PM
?

I think the one who hated him was his aunt right?

Assertn
Wed, 07-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Aunt? You mean uncle?

His uncle hated him. His mom hated him. His dad hated him.
Don't you remember the whole theme of Gaara during the chuunin exam was "never love and never be loved"?

-=DS=-S.W.A.T3
Thu, 07-23-2009, 12:26 AM
and now out comes the 10 tailed wolf-.- just throwing this out there so i can call it if it happens

Archangel
Thu, 07-23-2009, 01:15 AM
Aunt? You mean uncle?

His uncle hated him. His mom hated him. His dad hated him.
Don't you remember the whole theme of Gaara during the chuunin exam was "never love and never be loved"?

I can't put my finger on it but wasn't the reason why his aunt protected him at first because his mom loved him?

Assertn
Thu, 07-23-2009, 01:25 AM
I can't put my finger on it but wasn't the reason why his aunt protected him at first because his mom loved him?
Lol, are you just going to keep guessing until I do all the work looking up the chapter?
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/131/07/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/131/08/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/131/09/

Archangel
Thu, 07-23-2009, 01:27 AM
Lol, are you just going to keep guessing until I do all the work looking up the chapter?
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/131/07/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/131/08/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/131/09/

Lol i guess it turned out that way, sorry about that

Psyke
Thu, 07-23-2009, 06:53 AM
Talking about Gaara and his lack of Bijuu, i don`t remember too well, but i think Gaara has those black things on his eyes either because he has the Bijuu or because he can`t sleep, shouldn`t those have dissapeared already by now then?

Nah he just likes to use his brother's make up. :p

Patriot
Thu, 07-23-2009, 09:57 AM
and now out comes the 10 tailed wolf-.- just throwing this out there so i can call it if it happens

Yeah the 10 tailed wolf is a Samurai. He doesn't count because there is a rule that no shinobi will count him as a tailed beast.

LOL

The Chancellor
Thu, 07-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Lol i guess it turned out that way, sorry about that Don't apologize that's what he's here for. He enjoys being an manga hunting work horse. Trust me I know him.

darkshadow
Thu, 07-23-2009, 01:33 PM
You know steve? Omg tell me, whats he like in real life?

Assertn
Thu, 07-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Don't apologize that's what he's here for. He enjoys being an manga hunting work horse. Trust me I know him.
What? No I don't. I just like proving people wrong, and its easy with onemanga. On my first guess, I found the chapter where Gaara had his flashback

Abdula
Thu, 07-23-2009, 01:43 PM
What? No I don't. I just like proving people wrong
See and I get accused of being such a horrible person and I don't even like proving people wrong. I correct people simply because I would want to be corrected if I was doing something wrong.

I dislike you man.

poopdeville
Thu, 07-23-2009, 01:46 PM
See and I get accused of being such a horrible person and I don't even like proving people wrong. I correct people simply because I would want to be corrected if I was doing something wrong.

You'll notice Assertn posted some links, not a diatribe about how stupid other people are. (Admittedly, I am more guilty of that than you)

Abdula
Thu, 07-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Lol, figured you would have something to say.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 07-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Just because the bitter uncle says it, does not make it true. It is strictly hearsay as to his own feelings toward Gaara.

XanBcoo
Thu, 07-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Just because the bitter uncle says it, does not make it true. It is strictly hearsay as to his own feelings toward Gaara.
Well, he does state that she gave him his name and died cursing the village.

In any case, that doesn't refute my point at all. I never said his mom's love was protecting him, just that his mom's spirit was inside the chakra protecting him. As far as we know, that was probably true (this being Naruto and all). Yashamaru's revelation only proves that it was protecting him to ensure his "eternal existence" and to let her grudge survive in the world.

But yeah, I guess you gotta take his words with a grain of salt. Or sand, rather.

Assertn
Thu, 07-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Well, he does state that she gave him his name and died cursing the village.

In any case, that doesn't refute my point at all. I never said his mom's love was protecting him, just that his mom's spirit was inside the chakra protecting him. As far as we know, that was probably true (this being Naruto and all). Yashamaru's revelation only proves that it was protecting him to ensure his "eternal existence" and to let her grudge survive in the world.

But yeah, I guess you gotta take his words with a grain of salt. Or sand, rather.
If it was that easy, wouldn't everyone's mom's spirit give them a passive sand shield?

I assure you abdula, if I own your ass about anything that you're wrong about, its nothing personal.

XanBcoo
Thu, 07-23-2009, 11:53 PM
If it was that easy, wouldn't everyone's mom's spirit give them a passive sand shield?
In a world where Naruto's father is essentially "alive" in his body, then yes, I'm totally willing to accept that Gaara's mother's will was inside the sand, protecting him.

Anyway, they're both hosts, so it's not completely out there. Hokey as it is, it's probably what Kishi intended.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-24-2009, 09:15 AM
Is it so hard to just accept what Kishi wrote when he said that Gaara was lied to? The only "spirit" that was protecting him was shukaku.

Abdula
Fri, 07-24-2009, 11:54 AM
I assure you abdula, if I own your ass about anything that you're wrong about, its nothing personal.
Good to know but I don't plan on giving you the opportunity.

The Chancellor
Fri, 07-24-2009, 12:20 PM

Ha, you're assuming that everyone's moms love them enough to care to give them one if the did in fact have that possibility.

Assertn
Fri, 07-24-2009, 12:21 PM
In a world where Naruto's father is essentially "alive" in his body, then yes, I'm totally willing to accept that Gaara's mother's will was inside the sand, protecting him.

Anyway, they're both hosts, so it's not completely out there. Hokey as it is, it's probably what Kishi intended.
Naruto's father is also the legendary 4th Hokage, and used a seal he developed himself on Naruto. Even despite this, his imprint of himself only lasted long enough to deliver a message and renew the seal.

Gaara's mother is just some soccer mom that died with regret.

Archangel
Fri, 07-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Ha, you're assuming that everyone's moms love them enough to care to give thme one if the did in fact have that possibility.

We're discussing anime here, not your sad childhood

Try DrPhil.com

The Chancellor
Fri, 07-24-2009, 01:10 PM
We're discussing anime here, not your sad childhood

Try DrPhil.com Wow ever heard of a joke? Or a general statement?