PDA

View Full Version : Princess Lover!

TheBladeChild
Wed, 07-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Courtesy ANN:

Teppei Arima is a second-year high school student who lost both of his parents in a traffic accident on their way home from a family trip. His grandfather, Isshin Arima, happens to wield the puppet strings in Japan’s vast economy and demands that Teppei becomes his successor as the head of the Arima Group. To prepare for his debut into high society, Teppei enrolls in an elite academy for the scions of the rich and powerful.

Hitode-Fansubs:
http://a.scarywater.net/hitode/%5BHitode%5D_Princess_Lover_-_01_%5B5FAFB272%5D.avi.torrent

Slyvia reminds me soo much of Saber :)

shinta|hikari
Wed, 07-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Yeah, a saber look-a-like, some good fighting, strong main character, good art (hopefully consistent), I'm in.

Idealistic
Wed, 07-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Another female with a sword, I'm in too. Pretty interesting first episode. This anime is listed as a comedy/romance but seems like there will be some fighting/action involved as well.

Lucifus
Wed, 07-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Count me in. Certainly looks like it'll hold my interest.

Lets hope we keep getting some quality outta this one.

Kraco
Thu, 07-09-2009, 07:24 AM
This looked promising for sure, despite the sugary series name. Right from the beginning when the dude was shown practicing and then the short exchange of words with his old man, showing very healthy interests. Similarly when he didn't hesitate too much before going after the ruffians chasing the princess and when he immediately grabbed his sword and went for a bout with the Saber look-alike.

I don't really know where the focus of the series exactly will be but I hope it won't be all polygon romance drama from now on.

In any case, one thing I'd like to learn rather sooner than later is what exactly is the deal with the world they are living in. It looked like they were talking about real nobles there, not just some business magnates.

Nadouku
Thu, 07-09-2009, 10:24 AM
I like the chase scene and the butler's display of strength afterwards. It was hilarious.

Marik
Thu, 07-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Excellent first episode, I'm hooked already. Charlotte or Sylvia? Decisions, Decisions....

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Sylvia, duh. That Princess reminds me too much of that girl in RosarioVampire crap. Being haughty and playful doesn't work with the looks and the voice. It kind of felt forced and awkward. Unfortunately, being the first girl he meets and given the title of the show, we all know who will win in the end.

Here is to hoping for a Shuffle/AkaneIro ending.

Lucifus
Fri, 07-10-2009, 01:21 AM
Haha, that may be Shinta, but I'm sure you've always been a Saber fan like me eh?

Slyvia already came off as the more interesting character.
Heres to hoping. :D

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Competent main character? [tick]
Kickass butler? [tick]
Moka lookalike? [tick]
Saber lookalike? [tick]
Rin costume lookalike? [tick]
Cute maid? [tick]
Revenge plot? [tick]
Harem? [half-tick]

All-of-the-above Harem? [tick tick tick!]

From the previews I was expecting this to be just-another-harem series. That might still be the case, but for now it gets ticks all the way.

Booo.. to censoring though. Some things are better not left to imagination. :rolleyes:

Marik
Fri, 07-10-2009, 11:14 AM
I agree with all the ticks. I had no idea this show would be this awesome.

As far as the censoring goes, I hear that AT-X airs the uncensored version on Thursdays. I'm hoping someone subs that version.

Nice title, Buff.

TheBladeChild
Fri, 07-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Sylvia, duh. That Princess reminds me too much of that girl in RosarioVampire crap. Being haughty and playful doesn't work with the looks and the voice. It kind of felt forced and awkward. Unfortunately, being the first girl he meets and given the title of the show, we all know who will win in the end.

Here is to hoping for a Shuffle/AkaneIro ending.

Wow, took the words right out of my mouth, I was actually gonna post just that. I really hope this series doesn't go with the conventional ending.

Edit: w00t 500th post :)

Ryllharu
Sat, 07-11-2009, 01:01 PM
I think you are seeing the same thing Teppei saw in Charlotte when they first woke up, and misjudging her just as badly.

While Sylivia is great, and surely a tsundere, Charlotte is probably more than she seems. Personally, I'd be more than happy with either. There are two things that make me think she is far more than the sugary sweet princess type with a bit of a playful side.

One is the scene in the forest. She is not an innocent sweet princess type like Moka (regular, not Dark) from R+V. She lies (first hint) in a playful manner, but not the kind that ends with a simple "Tee hee, I lied" kind of way. Charlotte held it over him, and gave a mischievous smirk/wink. The same smirk she gave him to help her up, when she kissed him on the cheek, and an even more malicious one when she knew he had touched her breast. She intended to wait for him to wake up to play a trick on him. She comes off as someone who is used to having power, well versed in how to use it, and possesses insight instead of innocence. I think that there is a very sharp edge hidden behind that sweet and sugary exterior. Charlotte exposed a great deal about his personality to herself with only a little trick. She learned that he was honest about his rescue, that he isn't a playboy type, and that he certainly wasn't someone who knew her or was familiar with the world she occupies.

Charlotte is very familiar with the sycophantic atmosphere that overwhelms Teppei so much at the party. Lying, mind games, and giving off a false persona seem to be Charlotte's skill set. She is very much the opposite of how Slyvia came off during her brief appearance, someone very earnest and straightforward, much like Teppei himself. Charlotte reminded me more of Teppei's mother (and equally impressive bit character). It seems like this series may involve a number of noble political mind games in Teppei's pursuit of revenge, perfectly suited for Charlotte.

The second reason is actually one you mentioned. Charlotte is voiced by Ryoka Yuzuki. She is excellent at playing characters who appear ditzy, flighty, or sweet, but when pushed far enough lash out and show their authority with impressive force. Shamal from Nanoha, Eruru from Utawawerumono, Ino's earliest appearances from Naruto, and even Yukino from Candy Boy (see what happens to Saku-chan in eps 3 & 4). She also plays brash females too, ones who are very good at throwing around their power and authority (Haruka from Mai-Hime/Otome, and Tokiko from Buso Renkin). I would have a difficult time finding someone else as qualified to play someone who appears innocent, but knows how and when to throw around their authority.

Kraco
Sat, 07-11-2009, 01:12 PM
That's awfully lots of analysis after just one scene. Just as a word of caution I should remark that small inconsistency is a regular visitor in scenes where it will serve comedy. I think we need a couple of more scenes to judge the princess's character anywhere as far as you did, Ryll.

Ryllharu
Sat, 07-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Well, it just goes to show that you can reach for just as much in Charlotte's case in a positive light as shinta and BladeChild seemed to be doing for her negatively. Sylvia had even less screentime, but to say that Sylvia is "more interesting" by comparison with her lack of actual dialogue is not any better.

I felt that someone had to defend Charlotte, so I did. After I started writing I kinda kept going though...

We'll have to see if she lives up to my expectations.

KrayZ33
Sat, 07-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Watched this today, everything was alright and good
the only "annoying" things were the big breasts. (destroyed the fencing scene for me :/)

I expect them to explain a few things in the next episode, so this shouldn't be much of a problem.

Kraco
Sat, 07-11-2009, 05:03 PM
the only "annoying" things were the big breasts. (destroyed the fencing scene for me :/)

I expect them to explain a few things in the next episode, so this shouldn't be much of a problem.

They will explain the big breasts in the next episode? Hmm... I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to that.

KrayZ33
Sat, 07-11-2009, 05:07 PM
eh naturally i meant "the rest" (some minor things) not "this"

edit: the big breasts were already explained by charlotte btw :P japanese men/kids seem to like oversized breasts

Yukimura
Sun, 07-12-2009, 03:14 AM
This one looks like a good time to me. I'm hopelessly addicted to harem romances at this point despite all the grumbling they tend to induce. Seeing hints of action and political intrigue thrown into the mix makes me fell a lot better about this one though.

Based on just first appearances I'd probably join the Sylvie camp for her apparent competence and meshing skillset to Teppei. Still, I can't count Charlotte out just yet as the extent of her Aloof Ojouness has yet to be established. Things will probably change depending on which archetypes the two of them start filling into and how much they fill into them. Sylvie seems destined to embody the harsh and cold exterior path and I generally don't like that as much. Charlotte looks like she might take the Sheryl Nome style playful and accusatory path which I'm more partial to. Only time will tell...

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-12-2009, 03:31 AM
From the looks of things, Charlotte does seem to be the playful type. I'm not entirely sure about ditsy playful (she might be, who knows), but as Ryll said before, she doesn't hesitate to use Teppei's innocence and straightforwardness to her amusement.

When there's an all-round good-guy character who's relatively simple, I tend to die for characters who just play them into their fingers. Sylvie's cool, but Charlotte sure isn't losing at any rate.

I've got a feeling the only unintroduced girl of the love-pentagon may be even more mischievous. It's probably because she looks like Tohsaka Rin (relatively speaking).

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-14-2009, 10:43 AM
More princess lov'n

AoShen - Episode 2 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=74845)

TheBladeChild
Tue, 07-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Damn beat me to it, oh well.

Can wait to see the upcoming duel.

Ryllharu
Tue, 07-14-2009, 04:34 PM
I like how they censor panty shots still (rather well done this time with the subtle shadows) but show Charlotte in that very compromising position. I would think that panty shots are a little more innocent than having her legs wrapped around his waist.

Who is he kidding, Teppei didn't recognize Slyvia from her movements, he recognized her sizable personal assets.

Jokes aside, I like that Teppei can tell so much about a person from their swordplay, and he comes off as more of a Yanki with his fighting prowess and great desire to ride motorcylces to school. Meanwhile Seika (Emiri Katou (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=28606) playing another spunky twintails) isn't impressed with him at all, but it looks like he will join her club on Charlotte's advice. Hard to miss Charlotte's expression when Teppei said that he had a fiancée, much less that she is apparently Charlotte's close friend.

I can't be sure if her motives are pure or not though. It would be to her benefit to separate Teppei and Slyvia since she appears to be very interested in Teppei, but then again, Slyvia is her friend and she probably wants to help her as well.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Man, this episode's plastered with "Just reminding you this anime is sourced from a H-game."

Awesome. :D

Charlotte's intentions seem pure enough for now, since everything's just starting off. It should get more complex down the track when Teppei and Sylvia start getting more friendly and act more like a fiancee pair should. Since I see Charlotte as a good natured person, she'd only start any foul play when she's threatened. i.e. when Teppei becomes more distant from her.

For now, where she has the upper hand where it counts (spending time with Teppei), she's more than happy to help out her two friends.

AoShen would've been good to archive for their HD vid if they didn't cut the credits and preview...

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-14-2009, 10:49 PM
From the preview, it seems Teppei is going to use a katana to fight Sylvia. I wonder if he will get his ass handed to him while using a fencing sword first, before the maid arrives with the katana. I hope they actually reach a conclusion this time, even if it is Teppei who loses. I hate ties since they seem to make the whole fight/struggle/duel pointless.

Yukimura
Tue, 07-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Hard to miss Charlotte's expression when Teppei said that he had a fiancée, much less that she is apparently Charlotte's close friend.

I can't be sure if her motives are pure or not though. It would be to her benefit to separate Teppei and Slyvia since she appears to be very interested in Teppei, but then again, Slyvia is her friend and she probably wants to help her as well.

When I read this I immediately thought of Sekai from School Days which in turn raised the idea of a yandere/nice boat ending. As crazy as the idea seems given the way the show looks to be going I can't say I would be totally disappointed if Charlotte (or maybe Yuu) ended up overcome by unrequited feelings towards Teppei and decided to brutally eliminate all competition. Charlotte even has the pink hair and aloof yet bubbly and idealistic outlook that Euphemia had. Ah fantasies....

Anyway, after this ep my mind is pretty much made up that I like Charlotte, she radiates good fun and has the kind of attitude I love to see in anime girls (not freaking out about the pseudorape position). She also doesn't seem the type to let her negative feelings seep out and bring down people who are mostly unaware of them but it's still too early to be totally confident that she will hold it togeather.

So far the development path for her character seems fairly open, at least compared to Sylvies rather straightforward and probably narrow 'thaw out the ice maiden' path. Down one path I can see Charlotte continuing to be a supportive influence trying to help nudge Teppei and Sylvie together while building a platonic friendship with Teppei despite a her own romantic interest in him. Down another path I can she her slowly descend into melancholy/depression at being stuck in Teppei's friend zone as he works towards thawing out Sylvie, eventually letting her emotions spill out into her relationship with both Teppei and Sylvie and finally culminating with Teppei 'saving' her by choosing her over the reformed Sylvie. Or something completely different could happen *crosses fingers for nice boat*.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Currently for me it's:

Charlotte > Sylvie/Yuu > Seika.

Alternative subber:

Gleam - Episode 2 (720p) (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=75028)

Hopefully this comes with the preview and ED. By leaving the OP but cutting the preview, AoShen doesn't look like they're compromising with ordered chapters.

TheBladeChild
Wed, 07-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Sylvie>Yuu>Charlotte>Seika

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-15-2009, 09:56 AM
I just checked. Gleam's release does come with a preview and ED (who'd cut out the ED anyway, it's a feast!).

Personal thoughts: Gleam knows their English a bit better (there IS nobody vs there ARE nobody etc), but their release gives me a headache for some reason. AoShen's font looks better too.

David75
Wed, 07-15-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm sorry for the relatively low content question:
Is Aoshen worth watching for a speed-sub? because I've been refraining myself from downloading their release.

Is gleam alright too, for those who tried both?

I've been a tad unlucky in picking my fansubs lately. So I'm a little more cautious.

I guess that if the discussions started quickly after aoshen's, it could be a positive sign towards their subs, but I also know that a good show tend to create addicts that can overcome bad subs... and peacefully wait for a better release for rewatch.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Well, even though I said Gleam knew their English better (or just had a better QC), they don't capture the "feel" enough. It's more formal than what I'm used to as well (whether or not that's appropriate to emulate "posh" school language is up to you, or those who understand Japanese enough to judge).

edit: I take that back. It's no more formal than AoShen after watching AGAIN.

If it means anything, I like AoShen's release more. Gleam's fine though, and recommended if you must watch the ED/preview.

As for archiving, AniYoshi might be interested in this, but they've yet to release anything.

(Note: I think I do tend to be more biased towards versions I've watched first, almost like that's the "correct" version which everything else measures "up" to, so see for yourself. I'd like to see what others think too, to find out how biased I really was)

----------------------------

On episode content, I picked up the size difference between

ARIMA and
Teppei

on the blackboard when he introduced himself. Just to show no one really cares about Te- who? as long they recognise his family status.

Ryllharu
Wed, 07-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Charlotte = Slyvia > Yuu > Seika

(@Yuki: I've been having problems with Sekai vs Seika too, every time I write it or think it)

Personally, I'd be just as happy with either one at this point. Charlotte has her wonderful sides, and Slyvia does as well. Completely different, but totally equal. If Teppei could have both, he should! Probably won't happen, but one can hope.

Charlotte needed someone who didn't see her as what she is (a real princess), but as who she really is. She plays around with him, but her genuine disappointment shows how much she really needs someone like Teppei. We don't know if even Slyvia provides her with the kind of interaction she needs, but they both use pet names for each other (Sylvie and Charlo), so there is a good chance. It turns out even better for Charlotte, because Teppei turns out to be from a family where her hopeful relationship would be accepted by her family and peers.

Slyvia needs him in a similar way. She's cold, reserved, but also as Teppei pointed out, really has no one she could consider her peer. She fights weakly so that she can fit in, rather than doing her best. She's almost too polite. Slyiva needs someone like Teppei to break her out, and force her to let loose some of the time, before she either breaks under the pressure, or falls further into a distant relationship with everyone around her.

Kraco
Wed, 07-15-2009, 05:01 PM
I like this show even more after this second ep. Quite theatric in a good manner, very dynamic and the characters aren't certainly colourless. I've always liked characters who have personality and do what they want to do instead of just trying to follow the flow (which might be the stereotypic normal Japanese way in trying to blend in).

I don't really have a preference now between Charlotte and Sylvie. Charlotte indeed proved to be a playful character. A good thing. The maid is then the proper honours student type? I can't really see any chances for her in this show unless Teppei at some point starts to think he needs to change and become a serious businessman and leave all the games behind for good. It's hard to say yet what Sylvie is like without a sword in hand but Charlotte certainly wouldn't want Teppei to change at all, judging by this episode.

In any case I'm very much looking forward to the sword fight in the next ep.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 07-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Sylvie>Yuu=Seika>Charlotte

I just don't like Princess characters who aren't tsundere. Especially if they are all touchy and already like the main character from the beginning. There is just no sense of conquest in it.

Marik
Mon, 07-20-2009, 02:26 PM
[AoShen] Princess Lover! 03 [720p] [DDBCE9B9].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=75835)

[AoShen] Princess Lover! Opening [720p] [E44B7B3B].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=75833)

[AoShen] Princess Lover! Ending [720p] [E6285213].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=75834)

Didn't want to wait, so I'm watching their release.

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Wow, Seika is a bitch. Not the good tsundere type either.

She denounces Teppei for being brash and uncultured, and using his name to throw around his influence and corrupt young ladies (none of which is true, except for his lack of etiquette). Seika comes out and displays her truly ugly character. She projects the image she has onto him from some unrelated prejudice, and she herself is using her own name like a badge of honor and judging him because of his family name alone.

No matter what excuses she comes up with, or even as the tsundere "taming" process continues, I highly doubt that I would like her character the same way I like both Sylvia and Charlotte.

Seika's ugly character betrays her standing within the social club. I was hoping that Teppei or Sylvia would respond with how unslightly and judgemental she was being. Seika was everything she's ever accused Teppei of being.

The sword fight was shorter than I expected, but seeing Sylvia freak out when Charlotte ended up riding on top of him made up for it. I wonder if Charlotte ending up in a compromising position will be a running gag every episode?

Dark Dragon
Mon, 07-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Oh Yuu <3.

I like her more with every passing episode, the part where she instantly asked someone to bring her Teppei's sword the moment she heard of the duel was great.

I agree that Seika is a total bitch, she is definitely my least favorite character right now.

So far it's Yuu > Charlotte = Sylvie >>>> Seika.

I really wonder if Charlotte is completely innocent or does she really do all of those things just to tease Teppei.

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Charlotte is definitely doing those things on purpose. The question is whether she is doing it for fun and making them look like accidents, or is she trying to drive a wedge between Sylvia and Teppei so she can step in? Since the first two times occurred before she knew that Slyvia and Teppei were betrothed, it is far more likely the former than the latter.

Charlotte is calculating, but excellent at playing innocent. They spun around a couple of times to land on the desk last episode...where she immediately wrapped her legs around him. Here, she landed on top of him, and rather than get off, she proceded to bounce and incite Sylvia further. She's very skilled at playing coy.

Marik
Mon, 07-20-2009, 08:39 PM
I agree, Yuu is growing on me as well. I felt kinda bad for her, watching the other three entering the party and her being left out all alone.

Wow, Seika is a bitch. Not the good tsundere type either.
I concur. Terrible tsundere.

animus
Mon, 07-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Wtf? I thought Teppei was gonna perform some sword stuff at the party. But all he did was dance. What happened to Yuu's speech about doing something he knew.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 07-20-2009, 10:32 PM
It was about him maintaining a sense of etiquette when moving around. Kendo has a lot of those practices, such as bowing, speaking with respect to seniors, moving with grace, keeping the right posture and the like. He applied those to his demeanor and got better results than trying to adopt something he considers as foreign.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-21-2009, 02:02 AM
Charlotte:"What's that?"
Teppei:"Gum"
Charlotte"It's rather big..."
Teppei:"Big Gum"

rofl.

Knowing the possibility and likelihood of Charlotte doing that on purpose makes it all the funnier.

Man, and last episode I thought Seika might be likable too. Sylvia took a lot less warming up than I thought for the typical forced-fiancee. I guess she really was beyond lonely.

I actually thought Sylvia and Seika had a bit of a rough past from their confrontation earlier, but seeing as it disappeared later, it was probably Sylvia's righteousness kicking in.

Yuu not being able to join the Social Club balances the advantage she had for sharing more time with Teppei after hours, but if the OP is any indication, he'd be recommending her in. I really can't see how he can persuade or suddenly make her a distinguished person though (besides giving her half of Arima Corp), so I'm really looking forward to the method he comes up with.

Despite all this mannerism and image stuff, I hope Teppei turns up to school in a bike soon.

Marik
Wed, 07-22-2009, 04:45 PM
[Nipponsei] Princess Lover! OP Single - Princess Primp! [Hashimoto Miyuki].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Princess%20Lover%21%20OP%20Singl e%20-%20Princess%20Primp%21%20%5BHashimoto%20Miyuki%5D. zip.torrent)

Edit: For those that may want releases from the group that did episode 1 or just want previews.

[Hitode]​ Princess​ Lover​ -​ 02​ [D6D9CED2].​mkv (http://a.scarywater.net/hitode/%5BHitode%5D_Princess_Lover_-_02_%5BD6D9CED2%5D.mkv.torrent)
[Hitode]​ Princess​ Lover​ -​ 02​ [39DC2E93].​avi (http://a.scarywater.net/hitode/%5BHitode%5D_Princess_Lover_-_02_%5B39DC2E93%5D.avi.torrent)

[Hitode]​ Princess​ Lover​ -​ 03​ [F2B6BA4C].mkv (http://a.scarywater.net/hitode/%5BHitode%5D_Princess_Lover_-_03_%5BF2B6BA4C%5D.mkv.torrent)
[Hitode] Princess Lover - 03 [10021E69].avi (http://a.scarywater.net/hitode/%5BHitode%5D_Princess_Lover_-_03_%5B10021E69%5D.avi.torrent)

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 07-23-2009, 02:10 PM
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6355/shr005a.th.png (http://img132.imageshack.us/i/shr005a.png/)

She looks so different in the game....

Nadouku
Thu, 07-23-2009, 04:35 PM
I hate Seika, too, but I'm liking Charlotte even more than usual. Perhaps it's her playful nature? Anyway, I hope Teppei does some more sword fighting with Sylvia!

Marik
Thu, 07-23-2009, 06:14 PM
http://forums.gotwoot.net/gallery/files/1/3/9/9/3/princesslover.jpg

<3

Full size image in Gotwoot Gallery.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-23-2009, 07:48 PM
I hate Seika, too, but I'm liking Charlotte even more than usual. Perhaps it's her playful nature?

Translucent stockings.

It has to be translucent stockings.

Ryllharu
Thu, 07-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Translucent stockings.

It has to be translucent stockings.
There are some days you like translucent stockings (who doesn't?), and there are some days you like deep black ones more. That's why I cannot pick between the two.

I shouldn't admit how many times I watched Charlotte's legs as she walked down the hall in episode 2 to see what all the commotion was about (everyone trying to latch onto Teppei). If I did, I would have to admit how many times I watched the camera pan up during Sylvia's practice at the end of episode 1.

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Slyvia was only upset about Charlotte playing horse with Teppei because she didn't think of it first. >.<

[gleam] Princess Lover! - 04 [720p h264] (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=77322)

edit:

This episode was not as good as the previous ones. Not only because it focused on Seika with almost no appearance of Charlotte or Slyvia, but because it was dominated by fairly bland scenes (like the interview). Seika is still a bitch, but she's not as bad as she appeared. Her reason for hating the Arimas was just as shallow as I expected it to be. It doesn't paint Teppei's grandfather in a very good light, though it might explain why Teppei's mother left.

I think the short filler scenes with Yuu and that idiot were more memorable than the rest of the episode.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Seika's reason for hating Arima wasn't as shallow as what I was expecting. It puts her in more favourable light, as does all those magazine shots, but the introduction of some violent foot-stepping takes some points away.

I do think what we've seen here indicates Teppei's grandpa's past character, but not necessarily his current. In this episode, and a previous one with his discussion with Yuu shows that he's aware of how his forcefulness is affecting the people around him, and starts to rethink how he should act.

Still, it's that same character that probably made him the enterprise giant he is today.

This has happened before, but with the 4th episode, it's clear that Sylvia has no problems with Charlotte clinging onto Teppei like that.

Yuu.....what to think of her..... Considering how professional she is as a maid, and is not at all concerned with her master drooling on her, I find it a bit hard to believe she's genuinely scared of some guy sneezing. Perhaps some of Charlotte's traits are rubbing off onto her.

Marik
Mon, 07-27-2009, 10:05 PM
The preview for episode 5 was more interesting than the entire episode itself.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 07-27-2009, 11:31 PM
@Buff - It is not the sneezing. It is the entire freakish behavior. To be honest, even I would have been a bit freaked out if a guy like that appeared in front of me.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 07-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Looks like Teppei is starting to learn how to make use of his new position more. So that's a plus for me. Saika is still a bitch no matter how much time they give her. There wasn't enough Silvia on this ep. And yeah the preview looks very interesting. Has the time for the 2 friends to fight over Teppei come already?

Nadouku
Tue, 07-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Yea, when Nezu started having this green, glowing goo coming from his nose, that was just plain weird. Now, combined with his ackward behavior and it was totally creepy. Other than that, I didn't care much of this episode because nothing great came out of it, except for a backstory on Seika's hate on the Arima name.

narutosharingan
Tue, 07-28-2009, 08:58 PM
How are Hitode and gleam subs?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-28-2009, 09:04 PM
How are Hitode and gleam subs?

Both perfectly watchable. Gleam does both SD and HD encodes, but I've only seen Hitode SD torrents. They're latest SD mkv release is ridiculouly large for standard definition though, so something might have changed.

Marik
Thu, 08-06-2009, 03:07 AM
[Hitode]​ Princess​ Lover​ -​ 05 ​[9345F966].mkv (http://a.scarywater.net/hitode/%5BHitode%5D_Princess_Lover_-_05_%5B9345F966%5D.mkv.torrent)
[Hitode]​ Princess​ Lover​ -​ 05​ [30E5CC58].avi (http://a.scarywater.net/hitode/%5BHitode%5D_Princess_Lover_-_05_%5B30E5CC58%5D.avi.torrent)

---

Their release of episode 4 also.

[Hitode] Princess Lover - 04 [F94B0152].mkv (http://a.scarywater.net/hitode/%5BHitode%5D_Princess_Lover_-_04_%5BF94B0152%5D.mkv.torrent)
[Hitode] Princess Lover - 04 [0E0594A9].avi (http://a.scarywater.net/hitode/%5BHitode%5D_Princess_Lover_-_04_%5B0E0594A9%5D.avi.torrent)

Ryllharu
Thu, 08-06-2009, 04:36 AM
Bad news for Charlotte, I'm starting to sympathize with Slyvia, who has steadily become the underdog in their love triangle.

Little Sylvia was cuter than little Charlotte too.

I wonder about Charlotte's line, "when our countries used to get along," combined with Slyvia's father's lines about the two daughters staying happy in Japan rather than going home. I wonder if Charlotte's country is trying to take over Slyvia's.

Nadouku
Fri, 08-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Hmm... decent Charlotte dating episode, with some information revealed. What will Sylvia's decision be? Teppei is a nice enough guy to have around, though.

Marik
Fri, 08-07-2009, 01:00 AM
I lol'ed at the Charlotte censoring when she was laying on the bed, it looked ridiculous

I enjoyed this episode since it focused on my favorite girl. I liked Charlotte's speech about Teppei's parents while they were on the Ferris wheel, too bad they didn't actually kiss afterwards.

Little Silvie was so cute, it was nice to see some of her past.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Bad news for Charlotte, I'm starting to sympathize with Slyvia, who has steadily become the underdog in their love triangle.

Little Sylvia was cuter than little Charlotte too.

I wonder about Charlotte's line, "when our countries used to get along," combined with Slyvia's father's lines about the two daughters staying happy in Japan rather than going home. I wonder if Charlotte's country is trying to take over Slyvia's.

It certainly hinted at something like that. All that stuff about having Teppei remember her suggests she's going to have to go back or something. It's obvious she's hiding something but I can't work out what it is with the limited information.

Regarding our speculation before about whether Charlotte was trying to "steal" Teppei or not, I thought this episode made it pretty obvious that she still acknowledges him as Sylvie's fiance and "official" partner. She really has no intention of prying Teppei from her, but at the same time won't hesitate to ask for some free time with him.

I really hope this mentioning of dead parents wasn't just for dating-talk material, and that we'll get back to finding out whoever killed Teppei's parents later.

Suspiciously enough, Sylvie's mother also died in an "accident".

Ryllharu
Sat, 08-08-2009, 05:12 AM
By the end of the episode, it did look like Slyvia is starting to recognize that if she doesn't start actively spending more time with Teppei, that she might lose him before she can make a choice about accepting their engagement. Teppei courteously gave her the right to choose instead of accepting it himself and dragging her along. But he also wanted to continue to get to know her better.

Thus far, Sylvia has considered that to be friends/sparring partners and little else. The look on her face at the end and when Charlotte was asking to borrow him shows she may be starting to realize that if she does like him, she may already be losing her chance. She hasn't really been reciprocating the effort to get to know Teppei better. Teppei has had to find out about Slyvia from Charlotte.

I'm thinking this series will be a 24 or 26. They haven't even given Yuu a storyline, and while they could certainly leave Seika's where it is for all I care, I expect she will be given more than just a pair of episodes. So six or seven remaining episodes is not enough time to cover Yuu, more of Seika, and the Charlotte/Slyvia storylines.

Marik
Wed, 08-12-2009, 08:31 AM
[gleam] Princess Lover! - 06 [720p][da4ce772].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=79877)

---

Damn, that took an eternity. Slowest download ever...

The opening sequence was unexpected, but I enjoyed it. It kind of made it feel like you were watching the wrong show.

The rest of the episode was purely fanservice. It kinda felt like a DVD extra episode or an omake, and it was terribly censored :(.

EinReB23
Wed, 08-12-2009, 01:29 PM
An onsen episode! but the heavy censoring ruined it for me. And as for the previews looks like Arima will finally have a rival.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 08-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Damn fog and law-denying clouds.....

Also that guy is not a rival in my book because that way he will get Charlotte of Teppei's back so he can focus on Silvie.

Ryllharu
Wed, 08-12-2009, 04:08 PM
I think Sylvia and Yuu took this episode.

Slyvia for clinging so cutely to her sword, in and out of the bath, as well as her unintentional table tennis cheating strategy. What really settled it though, was the single braid over the front of her shoulder. (Reference Akiko (http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/5679/c11fba3c4fd05097a36699b.jpg) from Kanon). Most attractive hairstyle of all time.

Yuu, for her shivering in fear, from either Sylvia or being with the rich girls in general, as well as her comment about how it would have been fine if he had only ordered her to strip. Her outfit for the train and when they arrived at the inn was also very cute.

All of the girls had their moments, but Yuu and Sylvia rose above the rest.

animus
Wed, 08-12-2009, 07:18 PM
I can't wait for the uncensored DVD version of this episode. Assuming there is one, since it might've been on purpose since there was a comment about overtly thick fog.

Marik
Wed, 08-12-2009, 07:42 PM
I can't wait for the uncensored DVD version of this episode.
Indeed. I wonder just how much they'll actually show on the dvds.

Ryllharu
Wed, 08-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Indeed. I wonder just how much they'll actually show on the dvds.
You could see that the censorship was hiding creative censorship if you looked carefully. There might be a bare behind of Ayano or the green-haired girl who's name I already forgot, but it was otherwise clever "camera" angles.

The clothes shelves hiding Yuu and Charlotte, Sylvia's sword cleverly covering herself (if just barely) and Seika, Charlotte's shear size pushing it out of the frame, faucets and fog covering the rest, etc.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 08-12-2009, 08:33 PM
This is such a cheap way to sell DVDs, but I can't really blame them if it works. It is a business after all.

I agree with Ryll completely. The table tennis cheat is the most fantastic cheat of all time.

So, now Teppei has a Harem that admits they love him, and only on the 6th episode? I swear he must have broken a record or something.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Screw DVD, I need this episode in uncensored HD, even if they're encoded to waste bandwidth and HDD space.

It was quite an entertaining episode regardless. I found it particularly fun that they actually mentioned all their plot/censoring devices like the fog and the fat-nameless-guy-to-be-sacrificed.

Yuu and Sylvia shined this episode for the already mentioned reasons, but Charlotte's pinky-sucking move makes her a close second. Though her coyness was what made her initially attractive, the fact she's hiding something and not as "open" as the other girls is starting to a hit on her appeal.

Nadouku
Fri, 08-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Table Tennis cheat was pretty funny, but I really thought Nezu wasn't gonna be invited. :p

TheBladeChild
Fri, 08-14-2009, 05:01 PM
This is almost exactly like a certain episode from FMP Fumoffu, I believe. But regardless, this was entertaining nonetheless. The table tennis cheat was great.

Ryllharu
Fri, 08-14-2009, 05:07 PM
I believe some of the lines were even similar (if not eaxctly the same) to "The Goddess Visits Japan part II" episode of Fumoffu.

Marik
Tue, 08-18-2009, 08:34 AM
[gleam] Princess Lover! - 07 [720p][389cc8e0].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=81017)

Kraco
Tue, 08-18-2009, 10:05 AM
That should teach Teppei to check his phone every now and then.

This is looking like a strange mix of drama, dirty politics, and action. But nuclear weapons storage? That was a bit thick. If it was a country digging a nuclear waste storage right at the border it would be quite a bit more believable reason for rising tensions between the countries.

Other than that, Teppei didn't look too happy about the idea of losing even one member of his four girls harem. What a stingy guy.

Marik
Tue, 08-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Teppei didn't look too happy about the idea of losing even one member of his four girls harem. What a stingy guy.

Can't say I blame him, variety is good.

It looks like the revenge stuff is starting finally, and I must say it's about time.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 08-18-2009, 02:33 PM
So the next episode will have lots of cleavage shots of Silvie. Along with them bursting out of the biker suit.....can't wait.

They made it too obvious who was behind it though.

Archangel
Tue, 08-18-2009, 03:14 PM
This is as harem as harem animes get right?

Also, is there a chosen girl yet? I'd hate that, harem animes are all about the possibilities

And is the mc the cool or the lame type?

Edit: How has Type-Moon not sued yet? I'm not kidding, i would be pissed if some other company blatantly stole such a popular character like that. Or did they get permission? Maybe Type-Moon had something to do with the development?

Ryllharu
Tue, 08-18-2009, 05:41 PM
But nuclear weapons storage? That was a bit thick. If it was a country digging a nuclear waste storage right at the border it would be quite a bit more believable reason for rising tensions between the countries.
If there was anything that would immediately rankle the target audience in terms of its magnitude (no pun intended) it would be nuclear weapons. Viewing from outside of Japan, particularly in a country that was both constantly threatened by nuclear stockpiles abroad as well as having vast reserves of our own, the impact isn't nearly as severe. It almost seemed ridiculous that someone outside of Hazelrink would ever be allowed to put them there without both Hazelrink and Flemish knowing about it, but the idea was to make it as alarming as possible to the audience and give a reason for why Sylvia would suddenly be so pissed at Charlotte.

Edit: How has Type-Moon not sued yet? I'm not kidding, i would be pissed if some other company blatantly stole such a popular character like that. Or did they get permission? Maybe Type-Moon had something to do with the development?WTF?

You seriously believe that? I hate to break it to you, but Saber isn't the first blond, sword wielding girl in anime.

My astonishment aside, Type-Moon does give permission out to other companies, 7th Expansion asked to use Chie-sensei (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=character&charid=1864) as a parody of Ciel from Tsukihime.

Archangel
Tue, 08-18-2009, 06:09 PM
The outfit is the same!! The attitude is of an early saber!!! EVEN THE FUCKING HAIRCUT!!!!

Every time she fights i keep waiting to hear her yelling excalibur and seeing Shirou jump out of a tree

This goes beyond similar, the only thing different here is the voice actress

Ryllharu
Tue, 08-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Saber's whole attitude is similar to Lafiel from Banner of the Stars (same VA). We can both play this game!
The outfit is the same!!Her outfit is fairly different. Saber wears skirts. Sylvia wears jackets with coattails and pants (lovely tight pants). Just because it is blue does not mean it is the same.
The attitude is of an early saber!!!I'll give you the attitude.
EVEN THE FUCKING HAIRCUT!!!!The hair is distinctly different but similar enough that I won't seriously argue. Slyvia has slightly longer hair from this episode, and it is tied up in a different manner. Just because she's blond and has her hair up doesn't mean they are copies of each other.

I think I had a better point somewhere here, but to be honest, the alcohol I just drank is definitely starting to kick in, so I lost it somewhere.

Archangel
Tue, 08-18-2009, 06:54 PM
I feel i'm just so right about this that i won't further the discussion any longer, it would only lead to mindless jabbering especially considering your inebriated state ( and again my absolute belief that i am right about this )

Is it time for a favorite girl poll yet? Also, how many episodes are scheduled to be aired?

PS: Doesn't she look more ladylike in the game?

http://img200.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-8687/loc479/52875_017_123_479lo.jpg

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Well, the old geezer butler wasn't as good as I initially thought. Still kicking for someone his age, but I was totally expecting Walter C. Dornez (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_C._Dornez). I should keep this realistic huh?

I'm not so down on whether or not Teppei's chosen a girl yet or whatever. I'm not interested in who comes to his mind first after reading "your lover". Does it recognise his and Charlotte's relationship, or Sylvia's fiancee status? I'm sure he'll find out early on next episode when he learns Sylvie's alright, but it should really give an insight into who he sees as a real romantic interest.

Kraco
Wed, 08-19-2009, 12:45 AM
If there was anything that would immediately rankle the target audience in terms of its magnitude (no pun intended) it would be nuclear weapons. Viewing from outside of Japan, particularly in a country that was both constantly threatened by nuclear stockpiles abroad as well as having vast reserves of our own, the impact isn't nearly as severe. It almost seemed ridiculous that someone outside of Hazelrink would ever be allowed to put them there without both Hazelrink and Flemish knowing about it, but the idea was to make it as alarming as possible to the audience and give a reason for why Sylvia would suddenly be so pissed at Charlotte.

It might indeed seem alarming if those two were some third world dictatorships but I didn't quite get that idea, especially with the European looks and manners, German language and everything. I suppose a sudden cache of nuclear weapons might look highly worrisome to the Japanese, I have to admit that, but from my point of view it only looked ridiculous - unless it happened during the cold war era. Back then it was serious business, after all. But considering Europe today, nobody talks about nuclear weapons (except when talking about terrorist countries) but everybody's looking at the geologic disposal and its myriad possible problems. I could very well see that if one country decided to store all of its waste right next to its neighbour's border, the neighbour would be anything but happy.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 08-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Cant see the picture you got there Archangel but I do have a picture of the game to fuel your rage of the Saber copy. Not sure if this is a spoiler. I don't think it is.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7559/sil007a.th.png (http://img13.imageshack.us/i/sil007a.png/)

animus
Thu, 08-20-2009, 09:48 AM
There are quite a few things that make Sylvia different from Saber.

The fact that Sylvia uses a Rapier makes her completely different already in my book. Not to mention Sylvia has tits the size of melons. Saber is not a tsundere (actually more like all tsutsun), whereas Sylvia is.

And their hairstyles while seemingly the same, are a bit different.
Sylvia - http://randomc.maximum7.net/image/Princess%20Lover!/Princess%20Lover!%20-%2007%20-%20Large%2036.jpg
Saber - http://img90.imageshack.us/i/saber1024zd3.png/#q=saber%20fate%20stay%20night

Archangel
Thu, 08-20-2009, 10:08 AM
I love it how people find 1 or 2 aspects where they're different and all of a sudden that makes Sylvia a completely different character

And where does the tsundere comment come from? Where have we ever seen Sylvia act like one?

TheBladeChild
Thu, 08-20-2009, 10:30 AM
I love it how people find 1 or 2 aspects where they're different and all of a sudden that makes Sylvia a completely different character

Happens all the time in the manga/anime industry. Its not like theres much originality left when it comes to character designs, they just have to make their characters different enough so they dont have to ask permission to use that character. Im sure they are hoping to bank on the fact that Sylvie closely resembles Saber.

animus
Thu, 08-20-2009, 10:58 AM

And where does the tsundere comment come from? Where have we ever seen Sylvia act like one?

Then you haven't watched the anime then. Though she isn't full out blown tsundere mode yet (that belongs more to Seika I guess) she has a few moments like in episodes 2 and 3.

I don't see why you're freaking out so much. Their sword styles (and the rapier itself), and not to mention the huge breasts are vast difference makers alone. There's thousands of characters that are similar in anime alone (not to mention different forms of media), yet you don't throw a fit for those.

Archangel
Thu, 08-20-2009, 11:00 AM
No, there really isn't. Check wikipedia for the actual meaning of tsundere or something.

Whatever, if you can't find the similarities then you're just too deep into your own idiocy for me to save you

animus
Thu, 08-20-2009, 11:06 AM
You're just too strung up on your love for Saber or something to not be ignorant. It's funny how you tell me to look up tsundere, and don't understand that Sylvia is a tsundere, though she's not at Seika's level yet.

Have you even watched the anime? Your post in page 4 indicated you had no idea what the plot of the anime was. I'm assuming the instant you saw a picture with Sylvia in it you just had to flip your shit.

Archangel
Thu, 08-20-2009, 11:21 AM
I've already watched obviously, and even if i didn't pure design theft would be enough to earn Type-Moon a couple of bucks

And with this i end our cute and fruitless discussion, i feel like prolonging it anymore would have about the same effect has smashing my head against a wall

shinta|hikari
Thu, 08-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Sylvia is not tsundere, and neither is Saber.

Archangel
Thu, 08-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Sylvia is not tsundere, and neither is Saber.

Just leave it, i don't want any shitty flaming discussions preventing this anime from maybe making it to the "en fuego" section

animus
Thu, 08-20-2009, 11:36 AM
It wasn't really a discussion, since you never said anything of merit. All you've said was stuff along the lines of, how Type-Moon should sue because they're so similiar, how you think you're too right to further the discussion, how I'm an idiot for not seeing how these characters are so similar to each other. Stop trying to act like you took the high road, and end a flame, where you only flamed and did not provide any valid points.

Sylvia is not tsundere

I disagree, but that's cool.

Archangel
Thu, 08-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Has anyone here ever played the actual game?

I'm curious as to if we're following any of the character's paths in the game or if the anime is a junction of all of them

KrayZ33
Thu, 08-20-2009, 12:45 PM
the game is p0rn, I doubt that someone played it. since the CGs would serve just as well ~~

btw ep06 was great, felt like watching school rumble
I love it when they draw such serious expressions etc. I'll laugh, no matter how often I see that.
especially the scene after the first guy was "killed"

Archangel
Thu, 08-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Porn has in hentai images with no plot or fsn with story and eroge elements?

KrayZ33
Thu, 08-20-2009, 01:40 PM
it has a story but I wouldn't compare it to FSN
the amount of hentai CGs is alot bigger too... and so are the boobs

Kraco
Thu, 08-20-2009, 02:23 PM
the game is p0rn, I doubt that someone played it. since the CGs would serve just as well ~~

Actually I have never understood why anybody would download h-game CG collections. I once did to find out, but deleted it soon after because I still failed to see the point. They are just meaningless images when you don't know the character personalities, their background stories, or even their names. Though you could download such a collection after watching a non-h anime, rendering it somewhat more meaningful.

I have played a bunch of h-VNs and, surprise surprise, I play them mainly for the story and characters. Though that also means I don't have much of a record of finishing all the routes or even the main one. The stories aren't that innovative always and I lose interest.

I'm not familiar with this particular game but I could imagine it having a decent story.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 08-20-2009, 06:20 PM
I downloaded the HCGs after episode 1 :rolleyes:

Archangel
Thu, 08-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Kraco, not to get off topic but have you ever played Tsukihime?

If so, would you recommend it?

Kraco
Fri, 08-21-2009, 03:50 AM
Kraco, not to get off topic but have you ever played Tsukihime?

If so, would you recommend it?

Sure I would. It doesn't have voice acting, though, which is the only thing wrong about it. Type-Moon wasn't back then big enough, I guess. Wasn't even when making FSN originally.

I do kind of hope the Princess Lover game would get translated. Aside from the giant boobs it could be interesting, like I said earlier. There was a bunch of episodes with the usual high-school stuff you see in almost every game but when you start to get action and darker plot elements, it already sets a game apart from the bulk of dating sims.

David75
Sun, 08-23-2009, 03:39 PM
I feel shame that no one mentionned Teppei's line to Charlotte
"I'l lick all your holes" [gleam] version ep 05 around 13'10-13'-15

Archangel
Sun, 08-23-2009, 06:44 PM

Saying that behind a dog and with that face was actually more disturbing than anything else

PS: I give you, the best gif evah

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/paulosergio96/Princess.gif

Made by me. I'm quite proud of it.

oyabun
Sun, 08-23-2009, 09:17 PM
You should be!!! this is hilarious! hahha

Marik
Sun, 08-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Haha, good work!

Marik
Tue, 08-25-2009, 12:57 PM
[Nipponsei] Princess Lover! ED Single - S.S.D! [yozuca].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Princess%20Lover%21%20ED%20Singl e%20-%20S.S.D%21%20%5Byozuca%5D.zip.torrent)

I got Ep 05 from Hitode, so I didn't see that. Hitode version says "I'm going to lick your nose again."

Marik
Wed, 08-26-2009, 07:09 AM
[gleam] Princess Lover! - 08 [720p] [5bbf6e4d].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=82327)

Kraco
Wed, 08-26-2009, 12:02 PM
The jokes in this episode were pretty good but the action lacking. It was totally devoid of larger dynamics. I especially hate it when the people should be in a hurry to do something of great importance yet they always seem to have time to stop for whatever reason to have merry chats or congratulate each other.

But then again, I suppose action isn't exactly the focus of this series.

EinReB23
Wed, 08-26-2009, 12:55 PM
the animation was subpar compare to other eps but the silly comedy made up for it.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-26-2009, 08:39 PM
The two perverted terrorists were hilarious, as were the many other scenes.

Hartman's death was such a convenient and easy way out. I was expecting there to be a love triangle between them three for a bit longer.

All this humour seems appropriate for this kind of show, but there's a little disappointment since I was expecting something a bit more dark and serious.

"We murder people so we can embarrass Arima!!"

Kraco
Thu, 08-27-2009, 12:50 AM
By the way, how exactly could those villains escape the building? We learned there was only one way in from the ground when Teppei and Sylvia tried to get in, and now it was supposed to be under control of the Arima special forces. The other way was from the roof with a helicopter. Did they just teleport out of the building, or what?

shinta|hikari
Thu, 08-27-2009, 12:51 AM
Maybe there is only one way in, but many exits?

/sarcasm joke

Marik
Thu, 08-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Well, they did plant bombs throughout the building, so maybe they had a Demoman blow something up to create an escape route.

The two perverted terrorists were hilarious
Indeed. They were my favorite part of the episode along with Sylvie's boobs, which kept changing sizes throughout the episode.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 08-27-2009, 07:10 AM
Well, they did plant bombs throughout the building, so maybe they had a Demoman blow something up to create an escape route.

What's funny is that they initiated their escape after Yuu regained control of pretty much everything.

I'm just settling with the fact that they forced their way past the security forces, whose priority was the safety of the people in the building, so they let them go.

Yukimura
Thu, 08-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Sylvie's boobs and their refusal to be contained as well as her awesome midair costume change made this ep for me. I actively try to avoid taking the behaviors of side characters in this show seriously so I didn't even bother thinking about how the terrorists managed to retreat. Charlotte's scenes with her captor were something of an exception though, it seems like she might pull a Princess to Poverty Ploy soon to try and 'understand' poor people. Another thing I liked was how after Teppei barged in we see Charlotte pause for a few seconds to pull her genki girl facade together only to have it fall apart moments later in Teppei's arms.

Archangel
Thu, 08-27-2009, 03:23 PM
I just noticed something amusing.

All of gleam's episodes are about 250 Megas, except for the fanservice spa episode that got 350+

The pervs like their titays in high def

Kraco
Thu, 08-27-2009, 03:29 PM
The pervs like their titays in high def

It's just that the boobs are so huge even h264 can't compress them endlessly.

Marik
Mon, 08-31-2009, 10:49 AM
Didn't want to wait, so I'm going to try this release.

[KSH] Princess Lover! 9 [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=83398) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9UAT45GP)

Archangel
Mon, 08-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Let me know how it is when you're done please

Marik
Mon, 08-31-2009, 11:21 AM
Subs are good, it's perfectly watchable.

Marik
Tue, 09-01-2009, 08:10 AM
[gleam] Princess Lover! - 09 [720p] [06e86707].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=83592)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 09-02-2009, 08:05 AM
While the last episode was ridiculous in a hilarious way, this week was ridiculous in a very boring way. The randomly reinforced structures came out of nowhere and weren't funny. (well, the chute was a little). The lovey dovey terrorists are losing their touch. I don't even want to talk about Sword broken wood X gun. Everything just rubbed the wrong way, with the exception of Seika freaking out and the contrastingly calm Sylvie. (traffic lights were an excuse. I bet you Seika was wearing blue underwear that day)

Charlotte is also sliding quickly down my poll.

Since the other girls' introduction, they've steadily grown on me, but Charlotte is becoming a drag to watch. Her constantly changing facade is interesting, but it makes it hard for me to genuinely like her.

Current rankings are Sylvie>Yuu>Seika>>>>>>Charlotte.

PS: What can one do while he waits for his subordinate to blow up a building? Get a haircut.

Marik
Mon, 09-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I didn't care much for this last episode either. It had a few funny moments, like Charlotte pulling out the chainsaw from seemingly out of nowhere, but that's about it.

Marik
Tue, 09-08-2009, 06:32 PM
[KSH] Princess Lover! 10 v2 [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=84999) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NG3PNWVA)

Yay, they fixed the desync.

[Oppai Uncensored] Princess Lover 10.mkv (http://www.datorrents.com/download/45800--oppai-uncensored-princess-lover-10-mkv/) - Boobs.

Marik
Wed, 09-09-2009, 06:42 AM
[gleam] Princess Lover! - 10 [720p] [585dcdc9].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=85084)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 09-09-2009, 07:40 AM
Haltman's "I'm-totally-cool-and-I-know-it" attitude was unexpected, and a treat to watch. We need more villains like him. Here's hoping he'll reveal a much darker motive to his actions, because the superficial "Operation: Embarrassing Arima" by itself is just lame.

Charlotte...ever the resourceful one.

Marik
Wed, 09-09-2009, 08:35 AM
I didn't expect to see this side of Josephine. Lying back with her body heaving and moaning while getting off. I must say that I liked seeing this side of her. She seems spent. (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/jo11.jpg)

She became my new hero for molesting Charlotte..

not just once

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/jo1.jpg

but twice.

NSFW 1 (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/joch1.jpg) - NSFW 2 (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/joch2.jpg)

<3

Kraco
Wed, 09-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Teppei was bloody annoyingly emo. Ruined the whole episode for me. Only the sexier scenes made me struggle through it.

Marik
Mon, 09-14-2009, 12:13 PM
[KSH] Princess Lover! 11 [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=85899) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=07E43PXN)
--

I really enjoyed this episode. I can't wait to see how it ends next week.

Archangel
Mon, 09-14-2009, 02:38 PM
This really is a bad anime lol

Well bad in terms of quality but not entertainment i guess. The shifts in Teppei's personality are pretty weird and the way how Charlotte is being set up with him despite being the female lead with the least redeeming factors is beyond annoying

But hey, it has tittays so it's all good. And on that note, isn't there a uncensored video for the spa episode?

Marik
Mon, 09-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Not that I know of. Episode 10 was uncensored because the streaming sites uploaded the wrong version.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/09/09/princess-lover-accidentally-shown-fully-uncensored/ - NSFW.

Ryllharu
Mon, 09-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Well bad in terms of quality but not entertainment i guess. The shifts in Teppei's personality are pretty weird and the way how Charlotte is being set up with him despite being the female lead with the least redeeming factors is beyond annoying
Unfortunately, I am inclined to agree. What once started out as one of the better harem series in a long time, and what looked to be one of the most promising series this season early on has soured quite badly.

Teppei turning from confident outsider with the will and strength to do pretty much whatever he wanted in a society he didn't fit in to the wishy washy wuss he has become is a large part of the problem.

But the bigger problem is that Charlotte became the "winner." Not simply because she is the chosen heroine (it is painfully obvious how swiftly they are pushing Slyvia away), but because she didn't do a damn thing. She should not have won simply because she got kidnapped twice. I don't particularly think she has the least redeeming factors, and she wasn't annoying until she starting whining in the train car.

She didn't learn to forgive, respect and move past petty differences like Seika did, she has never comforted him the was Yuu has, and she hasn't shown herself to be an equal, confident, and selfless partner the way Slyvia has.

She plays coy and fools around, which is fine, but all she does of note is get kidnapped. Charlotte "won" through pity and being utterly helpless.

Archangel
Mon, 09-14-2009, 05:07 PM
At this point i'm simply hoping that they wuss out and end the series with no final choice, simply because i know it's either Charlotte or nothing at this point and i profoundly dislike her

Buffalobiian
Tue, 09-15-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm pushing for anybody but Charlotte, for all the reasons Ryll has pointed out. It's still enjoyable to watch in a way (mainly because of the other 3 heroines), but it didn't fill the shoe we thought it would, so now just flip-flops its way to the finale.

Btw, the Sylvia meant "Let's pretend we weren't engaged" or something to that effect. It wasn't about the conversation. She used his loss as an excuse to dump him (so he can have Charlotte, unfortunately).

Yukimura
Tue, 09-15-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm a bit confused why people are surprised about Charlotte being the de facto end girl. I've only seen a handful to date but it was my impression has been that end girls are generally the ones who are the least deserving of the guy because of gaping holes in their personalities or ability to do anything.

In my experience the way it usually works was that all the girls that were relatively stable and/or had something strongly binding them to the guy (childhood friendship, servant/master role, common interest, rivalry, etc) were the ones that got pushed to the side. The end girl seems to usually be the girl who either has the most bitchy attitude (esp towards the lead) and/or is the most in denial about her feelings (towards the lead and/or in genera) and/or had the least in common with the guy beyond a mutual doki doki feeling when looking at each other. I think the underlying sentiment her is a sense of incompleteness or brokenness on the part of the heroine destined to win. The more in need the girl is for a 'hero' to save them from something either external or internal, the more likely I find it that they will be the end girl.

Charlotte, being the character most constantly in need of 'rescue', both literally and emotionally, seems tailor-made to appeal to this sort of sentiment. Instead of hiding her problems and true feelings behind the tsuntsun facade so popular in the last few years she hides behind a genkidere one instead. This has the effect of making her different from all the wrathful loli type end girls of recent memory while still giving her a shell that the main character must crack to get at her true self waiting to be rescued by a knight in shining armor.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 09-16-2009, 02:08 AM
There are a ton of harem main characters that don't end up with the needy one. Still, that is not the point of the complaints against Charlotte.

I think they are not complaining because Charlotte is the girl seemingly "in need" of Teppei the most, but rather because of the fact that she did nothing else except that. There are other examples of harem love interests that are in need of rescuing (in a lot of aspects) but manage to actually do something concrete and indispensable for the main male character. An example would be Nagisa from Clannad.

TheBladeChild
Wed, 09-16-2009, 03:24 AM
Goddamnit, after weeks of not watching this series, I was hoping the story would move away from Charlotte. Catching up, nothing of the sort has obviously happened. I really was hoping that this would have a Shuffle! - like ending.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 09-16-2009, 03:32 AM
I'm tied up between Sylvie and Seika. I like Yuu a lot, but she doesn't interact with any other person besides Teppei much. The other two's bomb-stopping combo boosted their popularity a lot, and they're also much better at taking the initiative towards Teppei than Yuu. I can't blame her though, given her social status. To her, she's only allowed to do something if Teppei allows her to.

Ryllharu
Wed, 09-16-2009, 03:41 AM
I'm a bit confused why people are surprised about Charlotte being the de facto end girl. I've only seen a handful to date but it was my impression has been that end girls are generally the ones who are the least deserving of the guy because of gaping holes in their personalities or ability to do anything.

In my experience the way it usually works was that all the girls that were relatively stable and/or had something strongly binding them to the guy (childhood friendship, servant/master role, common interest, rivalry, etc) were the ones that got pushed to the side.It's not that she was chosen, it's the how. As shinta said, it's because she didn't do anything. Charlotte did not even have any decent character development. She hasn't changed in any significant way since the beginning of the series. The ferris wheel scene had more development for Slyvia than it did for Charlotte, and she wasn't even present!

I've read somewhere that in the game, even if you actively avoid Charlotte, there's still a good chance you result in an ending with her, so it isn't like this problem is specific to the anime.

I can think of one manga series that is very notable (and the ending reviled by a huge number of fans) because the stable girl was not pushed to the side, and the needy/shy ones were abandoned.

Marik
Thu, 09-17-2009, 08:13 AM
[gleam] Princess Lover! - 11 [720p] [9971e0d7].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=86389)

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 09-17-2009, 10:38 AM
HEAD SHOT!

I am hoping that he survives the head shot but comes out with amnesia! But he would only have forgotten about..you guessed it. Charlotte! It's nice to hope for good things.

Marik
Thu, 09-24-2009, 02:01 AM
[gleam] Princess Lover! - 12 END [720p][e800355d].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=87369)

TheBladeChild
Thu, 09-24-2009, 02:49 AM
This series really pissed me off.

Marik
Thu, 09-24-2009, 06:23 AM
Man, that was one lame and cheesy ending. I loled @ those perverted guards being able to perform life saving medical treatment.

Kraco
Thu, 09-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Haha. Those two dudes were among the best characters of this failure of a series. Couldn't finish their studies due to a lack of money, and instead got this criminal job randomly from the net. No wonder they weren't the kind of killers the other underlings were.

So, Teppei started the story by wanting to find the killer of his parents. When he finally did, he told the killer that he's forgiven and should try again...

Archangel
Thu, 09-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Well... it wasn't THAT bad

At least he didn't choose Charlotte, hell she didn't even get a kiss ( probably got a whole lot more assuming Sylvie was too embarrassed to intervene... )

But oh well, already deleted the whole series off my pc and am looking forward to the next season

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-26-2009, 09:28 AM
The absurd plot holes and scenarios had me cackling for the entire episode.

I expected so much after the first episode too.

The best thing about this episode was Maria. She was so cute!

Marik
Sun, 10-25-2009, 10:09 PM
[Seto​ Otaku]​ Princess​ Lover!​ -​ 01​ [DVD] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=92887) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1EWYRY51)

Uncensored breasts and pantsu.

Kraco
Mon, 10-26-2009, 01:39 AM
While it would be nice to get an uncensored version, the problem is that I couldn't possibly force myself to rewatch this miserable series. Had I known this beforehand, I wouldn't have watched the aired episode at all but waited to watch the DVD rips instead.

Archangel
Mon, 10-26-2009, 07:59 AM
While it would be nice to get an uncensored version, the problem is that I couldn't possibly force myself to rewatch this miserable series. Had I known this beforehand, I wouldn't have watched the aired episode at all but waited to watch the DVD rips instead.

Lies! I know you're gonna download that Spa episode the moment it comes out ;)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-26-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm not going to download anything...except maybe DVD shorts.

Marik
Sun, 11-01-2009, 05:54 AM
[Seto​ Otaku]​ Princess​ Lover!​ DVD Vol. 1 + DVD Special [848x480​ H264-AC3] (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=96296)

Episode 1 Direct Download (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1EWYRY51)
Episode 2 Direct Download (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BMFZGT8C)
DVD Special Direct Download (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DS50CXFS)

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-01-2009, 07:16 PM
[Seto​ Otaku]​ Princess​ Lover!​ DVD Vol. 1 + DVD Special [848x480​ H264-AC3] (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=96296)

Episode 1 Direct Download (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1EWYRY51)
Episode 2 Direct Download (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BMFZGT8C)
DVD Special Direct Download (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DS50CXFS)

I went to check out the DVD special. Seems like it's just the condensed version detailing previously censored scenes.

Archangel
Sun, 11-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Lol... are you serious?

It's a compilation of fanservice???

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Lol... are you serious?

It's a compilation of fanservice???

Check it out. It's only 30MB.

Marik
Wed, 02-10-2010, 12:38 PM
[Animekyun&ANBU] ​Princess​ Lover​ -​ 06​ [DVD​ uncensored​ H.​264​ AAC].​mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=111566)

Onsen episode uncensored. :)

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 02-10-2010, 02:22 PM
I love you. In a manly way.

Kraco
Wed, 02-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Maybe I need to download it to make Archie's prediction come true. Though I don't really remember anymore what happened in the episode...

Archangel
Wed, 02-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Maybe I need to download it to make Archie's prediction come true. Though I don't really remember anymore what happened in the episode...

There were tits, then there were some more tits and then... i'm not sure but i'll go with tits

Marik
Thu, 08-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Princess Lover! Ero-OVA Preview (http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/08/19/princess-lover-ero-ova-preview) - Definitely NSFW.

O_O Sylvie <3.

Archangel
Thu, 08-19-2010, 08:56 AM
That's straight up hentai, as in not allowed in this forum

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 08-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Won't stop people from downloading it when it comes out though xD

Buffalobiian
Thu, 08-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Princess Lover! Ero-OVA Preview (http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/08/19/princess-lover-ero-ova-preview) - Definitely NSFW.

O_O Sylvie <3.

Wow, just like in your typical Eroge, you can't make out the guy's face at all.

Looks like they'll be making a whole set of these. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that they keep the anime's VAs and animation instead of substituting it with the typically cheap hentai budget.

Archangel
Thu, 08-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Looks like they'll be making a whole set of these. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that they keep the anime's VAs and animation instead of substituting it with the typically cheap hentai budget.
Maybe they can get that guy from the kyyubi vs. pain episode no animate it >_>

Kraco
Thu, 08-19-2010, 10:14 AM
These times even the mainstream VAs have been slipping towards more and more ecchi series all the time, so it wouldn't particularly surprise me even if they got the same voice actors in, using their real names. With the anime industry having fallen from its heydays, it must be a dog eat dog situation in the seiyuu market.

That being said, I'll try to remember to watch the ova, assuming somebody subs it. The TV series fell so flat that h-ovas might end up being the best part of it - and anything but flat, har har.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 09-17-2010, 08:03 AM

O_O Sylvie <3.

It came out today :3

Marik
Fri, 09-17-2010, 08:35 AM
Yeah, I already watched the raw. It looks like there will only be two of them. :( The second one comes out on 10/22.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 09-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I already watched the raw. It looks like there will only be two of them. :( The second one comes out on 10/22.

Do you know who it will feature? Or are they fitting all 4 into the two OVAs?

Marik
Fri, 09-17-2010, 09:24 AM
The same two as the first one.

Marik
Sat, 09-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Episode 1 has been subbed by UFW (Hentai division of UTW) & FAKKU.

***Warning***

This is Hentai
Not For Minors
Not Safe For Work

[UFW-FAKKU] Princess Lover OVA - Part 1 [LQ] [35E13DA9].mkv (http://sukebei.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=32520) - DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/Z57nxA4)

[Doki] Princess Lover! OVA – 01 (720×480 h264 DVD AC3) [E5C53B9B].mkv (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=37269)
[Doki] Princess Lover! OVA - 01 (848x480 XviD DVD MP3) [CC3267AC].avi (http://sukebei.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=32651)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-18-2010, 09:28 PM
I thought that was a bit underwhelming. It's really riding on the already-established character design, appeal and narative, but otherwise it seems to be standard stuff with budget put into maintaining picture quality.

It doesn't fit into the main story like I was hoping it would.

In that regard, I actually consider the current Queen's Blade OVAs to be superior.

Kraco
Sun, 09-19-2010, 01:40 PM
This was a tedious watch. Well, the parts I watched between skips anyway.

I doubt I'll be downloading the second ova episode.

RyougaZell
Sun, 09-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Well, I must admit thanks to that hentai I decided to give the series a chance.

Last half of the series pissed me off. I felt it was a better story when it was just centered on their school affairs and Teppei getting accostumed to being high society. When they introduced Hartman everything went down the drain.

I loved Silvye. I loved Seika. I loved Yuu.

I absolutely hate Charlotte.

Enough said.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-19-2010, 11:51 PM
Well, I must admit thanks to that hentai I decided to give the series a chance.

What does that mean? You said you finished the TV series already, so why "give the series a chance"?

RyougaZell
Mon, 09-20-2010, 12:04 AM
What does that mean? You said you finished the TV series already, so why "give the series a chance"?

I marathoned the whole series today. I watched the ero-ova yesterday :p

I was dissapointed Silvye wasn't the main heroine.

Archangel
Mon, 09-20-2010, 12:09 AM
The original series was pretty shitty, i don't even know how i managed to complete it

This is just tits and dicks right, no actual connection to the story?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-20-2010, 02:38 AM
The original series was pretty shitty, i don't even know how i managed to complete it

This is just tits and dicks right, no actual connection to the story?

The first episode was a hit, and the next two after that were also pretty good.

As Zell said, Hartman was a trainwreck, but it was already shaky towards the middle.

As for how you managed to complete it Arch, perhaps this (http://randomc.net/2009/08/24/princess-lover-08/) should give you a reminder.

RyougaZell
Mon, 09-20-2010, 08:02 AM
I hated the fact that they gave so much screentime to Charlotte when Silvye was supossed to be the fiancee... Teppei said he wanted to get to know Silvye, but aside from the Hot Spring trip he barely did try to get to know her, unless he needed help.

Overall the series left me very dissapointed with its plot, though it did left me with several good characters (though we will never see them again) in Silvye and Seika.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Overall the series left me very dissapointed with its plot, though it did left me with several good characters (though we will never see them again) in Silvye and Seika.

Seika and Sylvie were my favourites too. They developed some great dynamics in that bomb threat episode.

RyougaZell
Mon, 09-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Seika and Sylvie were my favourites too. They developed some great dynamics in that bomb threat episode.

I loved the interaction between Seika and Teppei during the interview. That episode was a sell point for me to like her.

Silvye was simply awesome since her first apperance.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-20-2010, 09:46 AM
I loved the interaction between Seika and Teppei during the interview. That episode was a sell point for me to like her.

I can only barely remember that scene. Seika was wearing a purple/maroon night dress or something right? Only HCGs come into my mind from there on :p

(edit: Okay, maybe I do remember - Teppei was going to stock her fashion line or something)

Ryllharu
Mon, 09-20-2010, 03:12 PM
I hated the fact that they gave so much screentime to Charlotte when Silvye was supossed to be the fiancee... Teppei said he wanted to get to know Silvye, but aside from the Hot Spring trip he barely did try to get to know her, unless he needed help.
I might have mentioned it before somewhere in this thread, but I heard from a few players of the game on IRC that you can pretty much ignore Charlotte the entire game, and there is still a very good chance Teppei ends up with her anyway. I guess the series was in line with that, she'll make herself the focus of the story no matter what.

Totally agree with you though, there was never enough Saber Sylvia.

Archangel
Mon, 09-20-2010, 03:23 PM
I might have mentioned it before somewhere in this thread, but I heard from a few players of the game on IRC that you can pretty much ignore Charlotte the entire game, and there is still a very good chance Teppei ends up with her anyway. I guess the series was in line with that, she'll make herself the focus of the story no matter what.

Her tits are so enormous that they have their own gravitational pull pulling all ending towards her

Totally agree with you though, there was never enough Saber Sylvia.

AHA!! :p

MFauli
Mon, 09-20-2010, 03:47 PM
okay, why is there a topic about a hentai-anime here? Just "happened" to see the first episode, no censoring at all, and wondered if there was another series called "princess lover". well, there´s not. rofl

Ryllharu
Mon, 09-20-2010, 03:50 PM
You might want to actually read the thread, the first 8 pages are solely about the TV anime. It is two separate entities, based off the same source material.

TV anime (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10699) [ANN listing]

OAV (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=11802) (the hentai) [ANN listing]

Different cast, companies and producers, properly marked as NSFW in the post, and proceeding it, a discussion about the OAV when it was announced and that it would be a hentai. Links (when properly marked so their content is clear) is noted as an exception on the rules page.

Archangel
Mon, 09-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Though agreeing with MFauli makes me feel physically ill...

5. Nudity is allowed, but only in the form of links where descriptions of the links' contents are clear. Also, NO hentai/porn.

Kraco
Mon, 09-20-2010, 04:12 PM
While that worthless ova is most definitely pure hentai and nothing else, I won't still be removing the posts because in the end it's still connected to the TV anime (or game but since the game isn't a topic here, for convenience's sake it's the show).

That rule exists anyway to keep the forums in such a shape that you will only get a shinigami chop and not get instantly fired if your boss happens to catch you browsing the forum. And also to keep the seedier types out there uninterested in our community (although Terra managed to make it all the way into adminship, but anyway).

RyougaZell
Mon, 09-20-2010, 05:02 PM
That rule exists anyway to keep the forums in such a shape that you will only get a shinigami chop and not get instantly fired if your boss happens to catch you browsing the forum. And also to keep the seedier types out there uninterested in our community (although Terra managed to make it all the way into adminship, but anyway).

Curiously enough... some of the content at the flaming pit is so bad that the boss would fire you on sight, heh. But that's not the topic here.

As you mentioned, this ova has relationship with the series... even so if only by sharing characters. And its not like anyone posted an H-grade pic. Only the torrent with a proper warning.

Heck... what can be troublesome though is linking to Sankaku Complex, a site who is very high on the NSFW material. A direct torrent ain't a problem since its just a link (and torrents are banned in most offices anyway). Sankaku Complex though is a site... and well... with the forgiveness of Archie... I think its a bit hypocrite of him to post against the linking of the ova when he lately uses Sankaku Complex as a source

Archangel
Mon, 09-20-2010, 05:07 PM
I never posted anything explicit though, just links, and like stated by the rules that's not forbidden

Ryllharu
Mon, 09-20-2010, 05:09 PM
I never posted anything explicit though, just links, and like stated by the rules that's not forbidden
Not the place for this debate, but the problem with Sankaku is they're linked as a SFW story, when the site as a whole is full of NSFW thumbnails and galleries. Every story has them running down the sidebars.

You're pretty good about labeling them though. What is hypocritical is to have issue with posting a NSFW-labled link to hentai when the NSFW-labeled links you post are pretty much the same.

Archangel
Mon, 09-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Again, he posted a torrent to an hentai while i post links to a website with NSFW content on the sidebars ( which btw gets covered up by ad block, y'all should get it )

What i do is within the rules, what he did isn't. There may be similarities or you may have your own opinion on the subject but the fact remains that i followed the code while he didn't

I personally don't care and like i said MFauli isn't my favorite person around here but he did have a point, it happens.

Kraco
Tue, 09-21-2010, 01:19 AM
If you don't care, then shut up. The next person to continue this debate that has nothing to do with Princess Lover will have plenty of extra time saved from browsing the forum in his hands to ponder things again.

I said posting the link to the ova torrent is okay, so there's nothing to discuss anymore. People wanted to say a word or two about the ova so it was necessary for the link to exist.

Secondly, I have always edited any links to Sankaku to contain the "Sankaku NSFW" disclaimer in posts that didn't have it. Only a blind man would consider Sankaku safe for work. Or somebody who works for himself or in a place that simply doesn't care.

Marik
Mon, 10-25-2010, 03:53 PM
***Warning***

This is Hentai
Not For Minors
Not Safe For Work

[Doki] Princess Lover! OVA - 02 (704x396 h264 LQ) [112A823D].mkv (http://doki.hologfx.com/torrents/Doki_Princess_Lover%21_OVA_-_02_704x396_h264_LQ_112A823D.mkv.torrent)

[UFW-FAKKU] Princess Lover OVA - Part 2 [LQ] [EA4BAA21].mkv (http://sukebei.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=35321)

RyougaZell
Mon, 10-25-2010, 05:25 PM
*inb4 archie rages*

Who's featured this time around? If its Charlotte Im skipping.

Marik
Mon, 10-25-2010, 05:35 PM
*inb4 archie rages*

Who's featured this time around? If its Charlotte Im skipping.

It's Sylvie still.

RyougaZell
Mon, 10-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Excellent. Getting it later. Thanks Marik

Marik
Tue, 05-03-2011, 10:59 PM
The first picture was posted on L's site back in February. Now it's finally official...

The official website of the L. brand announced on Tuesday that production on a new original video anime project for Ricotta's Princess Lover! adult adventure game has been green-lit. The two-volume, tentatively titled Charlotte Arc has a projected launch date of November. The project will center around the character Charlotte, and L. is aiming to make this project "with 125% more content of [the character] Yū" than the 2010 Princess Lover! OVA project. Kazuya Kuroda will reprise his role as character designer and chief animation director.News: Princess Lover Gets 2nd Original Video Anime Project (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-05-03/princess-lover-gets-2nd-original-video-anime-project)

Picture (NSFW) (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/char.png)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-04-2011, 01:25 AM
lol, I hope the art's kept to a better level this time. That first one was pretty... meh. It rode on the original series' popularity, and reproduced H material at a lower quality. If only they kept it the same, it would have been a better watch.

(oh, and maybe just a few more lines for our characters :p )

Archangel
Wed, 05-04-2011, 07:51 AM
lol, I hope the art's kept to a better level this time. That first one was pretty... meh. It rode on the original series' popularity, and reproduced H material at a lower quality. If only they kept it the same, it would have been a better watch.
It's all the same shit once you're done fapping

David75
Wed, 05-04-2011, 08:06 AM
It's all the same shit once you're done fapping
The problem is to get it hard. And at times, when the quality is too low, you can't even activate your reptilian brain cells... means the shit really is bad.