PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 227

Nadouku
Wed, 07-08-2009, 12:17 PM
[Dattebayo] Bleach - Episode 227: SD (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/b227.torrent)

I have not watched this episode yet, but I am currently downloading right now.

Kraco
Wed, 07-08-2009, 01:12 PM
I suppose it wasn't absolutely terrible, but that was probably more due to very little happening in it than due to the quality of the content.

Still, Yachiru was cute and funny. A really useful lieutenant for sure...

Penner
Wed, 07-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Yeah.. this was actually mildly entertaining, and somewhat funny.

Harima Kenji
Wed, 07-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Bleach episode 0 :)

I was reluctant to watch it b/c of its fillerness, but I actually quite enjoyed it.

Nintendo
Wed, 07-08-2009, 03:10 PM
it was avery good intro episode but i thought that the filler arc is gonna be happening before season 1 but it was only 1 episode so i think the fillers will be single episodes with no arc till the end of that season

Nadouku
Wed, 07-08-2009, 04:10 PM
This was actually good for a filler, and enjoyable.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 07-08-2009, 05:04 PM
I really liked this too and I can't fathom why when I lay out the episodes contents on paper.

Next episode though, I can tell you EXACTLY why I'm going to like it.

Yukimura
Wed, 07-08-2009, 07:59 PM
To paraphrase, I didn't really like this episode and that's because of two main issues I had with it .

First, it seemed like a rehash of stuff we've already seen. I remember in the manga there were two parts of Bleach chapter 0 which covered Renji finding out he was getting promoted and Rukia being assigned to the living world as well as something about Ichigo talking to ghosts. However I seem to recall that stuff being animated near the end of the Bount arc or something so I felt like half of this ep was essentially a fleshed out repeat of previosly aired material (Bleach isn't Haruhi and shouldn't try to act like it is).

Second, it seemed like they wanted to make Mizuiro seem like an important and interesting character when he has effectively been dead weight for 227 episodes. I think he's supposed to be the Tsukkomi to complement Keigo's Boke ways but the entire cast is already Keigo's Tsukkomi so Mizuiro isn't really brinigng anything new or special to the table. He sometimes provides stimulus to make Keigo go more insane but it doesn't seem like Keigo actually needs Misuiro in order to go insane, he can just do it on his own and then one of the main cast members can shoot him down.

That said, I am mildly interested in where they'll go from here. I had the idea that they could spin this into a 'what if Ichigo never met Rukia or what if Rukia met Ichigo but never got hurt to the point she needed to give him her powers' alternate retelling of the first season. I would actually be interested in seeing something like that.

Penner
Thu, 07-09-2009, 12:29 AM
Oh yeah, next ep is going to be sweeeeeeeet ^^

Archangel
Thu, 07-09-2009, 02:32 AM
Lol, so bleach is a slice of life anime now? That was pretty enjoyable, even more so than recent non filler episodes

And by the way, the next episode isn't filler ( not 100% anyway ) It's an adaptation of a special written by Kubo

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-10-2009, 08:54 AM
This isn't filler.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/205.2/01/
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/107.5/01/

Archangel
Fri, 07-10-2009, 08:57 AM
Oh, so this is old school bleach

No wonder i liked it then, this was when Kubo was still good

Penner
Fri, 07-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Aaaaahh, that explains why it was above the usual filler shit.

Nadouku
Fri, 07-10-2009, 10:15 PM
I see. I guess this "arc" will be all omakes.