PDA

View Full Version : Well, I just read "One Piece" from beginning to current

obake
Mon, 07-06-2009, 04:41 PM
I can't believe what I've been missing out on for all these years! I've always heard it was really good, but never got around to it. Now that I've graduated college, I've got a lot of free time on my hands while I'm looking for a job, so to fill my days, I decided to just sit down and read some manga series that I've never gotten around to reading in the past. Started off reading "Hajime no Ippo" from beginning to current, then started on "One Piece". It took me about a week or two, but I just finished chapter 549 a couple minutes ago and have been blown away. I love the art, the humor, the story, just about everything!

Anybody else here a recent "One Piece" convert?

Assertn
Mon, 07-06-2009, 04:57 PM
I can't believe what I've been missing out on for all these years! I've always heard it was really good, but never got around to it. Now that I've graduated college, I've got a lot of free time on my hands while I'm looking for a job, so to fill my days, I decided to just sit down and read some manga series that I've never gotten around to reading in the past. Started off reading "Hajime no Ippo" from beginning to current, then started on "One Piece". It took me about a week or two, but I just finished chapter 549 a couple minutes ago and have been blown away. I love the art, the humor, the story, just about everything!

Anybody else here a recent "One Piece" convert?
Hopefully you didn't rely on onemanga.com for the older chapters. Most of the pre-grandline ones were barely comprehensible at best.

obake
Mon, 07-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Hopefully you didn't rely on onemanga.com for the older chapters. Most of the pre-grandline ones were barely comprehensible at best.

Haha, "barely comprehensible" is right! I checked out a lot of different online viewers but couldn't find one that had the earlier chapters in any quality other than "crap", so I ended up just using MangaToshokan, which is where I tend to read the other series I follow. I guess that I still appreciate the effort that people put forth to do those scanlations, though.