PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 549

Marik
Thu, 07-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Binktopia - MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zeztnyhtzlj) - SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/2721ny) - Online Viewing (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-549/page001.html)

No chapter next week

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Seriously? Franky is at Vegapunk's old home? The guy is going to get some awesome (yet discarded) technology then o_O

LOL at Buggy's 'revelation'. Although I loled more at what the others thought of him. Specially Mr3's "how can he be such a coward" and Jimbei's "every ship has its disgrace"

So Shinryuu becomes a BlackBeard pirate... but I guess that after this war they will betray the Goverment.

What intrigures me the most is... what was Jimbei thinking involving Arlong and Luffy? If he say 'let go' it makes me think he may want to avenge him in the future? A possibility... but probably Hatchan will return and convince Jimbei from not doing so... so many possibilities.

No chapter next week? TT____TT

boilerph
Thu, 07-02-2009, 10:17 AM
At first I was wondering why someone who would free so many slaves would want to avenge a punk like Arlong but then I remembered that Jimbei probably has no idea how Arlong was acting and just thinks of him as a lost nakama.

Assertn
Thu, 07-02-2009, 10:47 AM
My initial thought was that Jimbei wanted to apologize about Arlong...since Arlong kinda defected from Jimbei's crew to do horrible things, but now wasn't the time to talk about that.

Its amusing how so many people with conflicting goals are on the same ship right now. They either want Whitebeard to lose or want him to win, but its ok as long as they want some sort of involvement in the war.

Augury
Thu, 07-02-2009, 10:59 AM
I found it funny how the government is treating Buggy the way they should be regarding Blackbeard. It's like another level of incompetence.

It looks like Luffy already has Shanks' straw hat in Ace's flashback. I was always under the impression that Ace had already left Luffy's home island by the time the story started.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 07-02-2009, 11:44 AM
actually, it was said that Ace was stronger than luffy even after luffy got his gum fruit, and before ace got the flame ability.

so naturally, Ace left after luffy got Shanks's hat.

poopdeville
Thu, 07-02-2009, 12:06 PM
I was right about Blackbeard wanting Shiryuu, and wrong about him staying dead. Win some, lose some. :-)

Assertn
Thu, 07-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Hilarious that BB was seriously going to die right then and there. Its kind of refreshing that the main villain has similar traits to the main hero. I still think he is in Impel Down for reasons other than Shiryuu, though.

The Chancellor
Thu, 07-02-2009, 05:03 PM
I still think he is in Impel Down for reasons other than Shiryuu, though. More recruiting?

poopdeville
Thu, 07-02-2009, 05:14 PM
HAHA, I like that Ivankov's head wouldn't fit through the door here.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/549/04/

This was a really good chapter. Lots of plot development. Buggy is taking his shot at becoming PK too. We might see him grow a spine soon, which could maybe make him Straw Hat material.

I don't really understand why the Marines gave Luffy and the others their intel on the crew.

Seriously? Franky is at Vegapunk's old home? The guy is going to get some awesome (yet discarded) technology then o_O

Jimbei's "every ship has its disgrace"

Buggy was Roger's Ussop. Heh.

Also, Franky is will probably get a big upgrade. Robin met the revolutionary army. Sanji became a tranny. I think Kuma is clearly on the side of the revolutionary army. I bet he was a slave, like what's her name and Jimbei.

The Chancellor
Thu, 07-02-2009, 07:18 PM
What intrigures me the most is... what was Jimbei thinking involving Arlong and Luffy? If he say 'let go' it makes me think he may want to avenge him in the future? A possibility... but probably Hatchan will return and convince Jimbei from not doing so... so many possibilities.

Avenge who? I hope you mean Luffy because Jimbei knows that Arlong was a douche to his crew and Nami. And the man loves Luffy and his brother right now.

Assertn
Thu, 07-02-2009, 07:27 PM
More recruiting?
Blackbeard met Shiryuu on the first floor. Why did he continue all the way down to the 4th floor just so he could get poisoned? Besides, as Ivankov said, Shiryuu is one of WG's hazards that was kept under wraps in the lesser-known level 6, I don't think BB would know of him.

Not sure what he really has planned, though.

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Avenge who? I hope you mean Luffy because Jimbei knows that Arlong was a douche to his crew and Nami. And the man loves Luffy and his brother right now.

Jimbei clearly thought that he owed much to Luffy... then he had a flashback of Arlong and thought of forgetting about it for now. Why would he think that if he didn't want to get some kind of revenge because of Arlong? Heck... they are probably related and Jimbei really ignores what Arlong did to Nami's island.

rockmanj
Thu, 07-02-2009, 10:19 PM
HAHA, I like that Ivankov's head wouldn't fit through the door here.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/549/04/

This was a really good chapter. Lots of plot development. Buggy is taking his shot at becoming PK too. We might see him grow a spine soon, which could maybe make him Straw Hat material.

I don't really understand why the Marines gave Luffy and the others their intel on the crew.

Buggy was Roger's Ussop. Heh.

Also, Franky is will probably get a big upgrade. Robin met the revolutionary army. Sanji became a tranny. I think Kuma is clearly on the side of the revolutionary army. I bet he was a slave, like what's her name and Jimbei.

Well, Ussop is pretty handy at times. He's a competent sniper. I don't think buggy would every become a SH. He's more like captain material (sorry to say).

Assertn
Thu, 07-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Franky finding Vegapunk's birthplace is surprisingly exciting. It feels like a lot more of the story will be revealed once all the strawhats reunite.

Death13a
Thu, 07-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Well this chapter just foreshadowed Buggy rise to Yonkou. Buggy maybe not strong but he knows how to exploit situation. And each time Buggy falls he rises again stronger then ever.

Assertn
Thu, 07-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Buggy will never be a yonkou. Crocodile alone could wipe out Buggy and his "crew"

Edit: Also...this seems interesting:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/69/07/

I guess the Arlong pirates didn't defect from Jimbei, but rather were disbanded as a stipulation of Jimbei becoming a schichibukai.

Augury
Thu, 07-02-2009, 10:51 PM
As far as the cover stories go, I'm more interested in seeing Zoro's and Nami's. I think some of the crew members are getting a pretty straightforward power-up (Franky, Nami, and probably Usopp) but Oda is doing some weird stuff with others. Other than for humor, what does sending Sanji to a transvestite island do for him?

UChessmaster
Thu, 07-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Buggy will never be a yonkou. Crocodile alone could wipe out Buggy and his "crew"

He doesn`t deserve the raise in bounty he`s clearly getting, him becoming yonkou COULD happen.

poopdeville
Fri, 07-03-2009, 12:26 AM
As far as the cover stories go, I'm more interested in seeing Zoro's and Nami's. I think some of the crew members are getting a pretty straightforward power-up (Franky, Nami, and probably Usopp) but Oda is doing some weird stuff with others. Other than for humor, what does sending Sanji to a transvestite island do for him?

Okama Kenpo!!

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-03-2009, 08:34 AM

Zoro and Nami's cover stories are the ones Im interested too. And with my luck... they are probably going to be the last.

Nice find there Assertn. Arlong clearly didn't leave Jimbei on bad terms, so it could be a potential future Jimbei vs Luffy fight, even if his Shichibukai title is revoked. Although I still think Hatchan will stop this fight.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Nice find there Assertn. Arlong clearly didn't leave Jimbei on bad terms, so it could be a potential future Jimbei vs Luffy fight, even if his Shichibukai title is revoked. Although I still think Hatchan will stop this fight.

JImbei said that he looks up to whitebeard, whitebeard said he'd never forgive anyone who hurts a member of his team (no matter how stupid or deserving it was), so Jimbei is going to try and avenge Arlong, until he learns that Arlong was slaving the humans like the humans once slaved the fishmen until whitebeard came.

so it cancels it out.

The Chancellor
Fri, 07-03-2009, 02:13 PM
until he learns that Arlong was slaving the humans like the humans once slaved the fishmen until whitebeard came.
Thank you! At least someone has some sense to say something reasonable.

Jimbei = one of the most honorable character in the series

Arlong = ex sunny pirate douche who slaved humans and was a by product of Jimbeis revenge tied in with Luffy

In fact Jimbei is soo honorable that once he finds out, he'll probably say Wtf and just take him down all together, and very very easily. It's pretty obvious.

Another thing is, you people seem to think Oda is the master of foreshadowing when he isn't. Everyone is reading waaay too much between the lines of this whole thing.

Assertn
Fri, 07-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Another thing is, you people seem to think Oda is the master of foreshadowing when he isn't. Everyone is reading waaay too much between the lines of this whole thing.
This is stupid. One piece has been running for almost 12 years now with no plot discontinuity and no worthless sideline characters. Even the second arc villain introduced in the series has managed to regain the limelight in the current arc. Oda has definitely put some thought into the story, and none of the plot points feel superfluous or improvised in any way.

We knew about mermaids, merman island, and Jimbei since way back in the Arlong arc. We knew about the balance of the 3 powers since around that time as well. We knew a musician would join the crew since Zoro's arc. We've even seen Rayleigh in a Buggy flashback during the second arc. Ace's fate has been planned by Oda since his first introduction.

What a baseless accusation you have here.

Carnage
Fri, 07-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Assertn why do you even bother explaining this to The Chancellor...just let him have his own shitty opinions, it's not worth the effort.

FireEmblem
Sat, 07-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Honestly, I have to say that every time Oda does things like making connections with things that are years old to recent events in the manga, they do in fact always feel like they were planned to be that way. They just fit in too perfectly! This guy is seriously nothing short of a genius at story telling. I've had my doubts before, but this arc, being the best so far in my opinion, squashes any doubt I ever had.

It's the way he goes about revealing information to the readers AND his very own characters. Revealing Buggy's connections in this fashion was not what I expected and it just shows that he's always thinking outside the box and how to wow the reader, but having it all make sense within the context of this story.

I've never kissed so much ass in my life, but Oda really is a genius worth rim-jobbing....

Archangel
Sun, 07-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Franky finding Vegapunk's birthplace is surprisingly exciting. It feels like a lot more of the story will be revealed once all the strawhats reunite.

I'm praying for an upgrade, in both power and looks

Just get rid of that weird chin, please!

Assertn
Sun, 07-05-2009, 02:16 PM

If anything changed about his face, it would be a third cleft on his chin.

rockmanj
Sun, 07-05-2009, 07:00 PM

So, the panties are cool?

Archangel
Sun, 07-05-2009, 07:02 PM
So, the panties are cool?

They're... the lesser of 3 evils ( the second being the nose )

Assertn
Sun, 07-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Here's something interesting I just found...

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/233/13/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/233/14/

Buggy encountered Whitebeard first-hand...
I'm curious to see if there will be more of a follow up to this.

Archangel
Sun, 07-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Whitebeard does remember him, so who knows

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/10/

The Chancellor
Sun, 07-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Here's something interesting I just found...

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/233/13/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/233/14/

Buggy encountered Whitebeard first-hand...
I'm curious to see if there will be more of a follow up to this. God they butchered Doflamingos and Kumas name in that chapter. They've really changed things.