PDA

View Full Version : First Squad

KrayZ33
Tue, 06-23-2009, 05:51 AM
I haven't heard much of it yet but it looks awesome

from what I know the movie will be released this year.

http://www.first-squad.com/

You should really visit their site because it's really well down but here the basic storyline:

Prologue: 1942 - The third year of World War II.
Enslaved by the Nazis, continental Europe lies in ruins, but in the East, in Russia, the Red Army is putting up a violent resistance to the legions of the Third Reich.

Desperate fighting for every inch of land goes on along the entire, five-thousand-mile-long, front line. Both armies suffer severe losses every day.
And neither will settle for anything but victory.

Victory at any cost!

From Youtube: "Its Main cast are a group of Soviet teenagers with extraordinary abilities; the teenagers have been drafted to form a special unit to fight the invading German army. They are opposed by a Schutzstaffel (SS) officer who is attempting to raise from the dead a supernatural army of crusaders from the 12th-century "Order of the Sacred Cross" and enlist them in the Nazi cause."

sum vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL7kKREKrXg&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_90iFLjdqQ&feature=related&Fmt=18

looks great imho, what do you think?

edit: oh and btw I read that Studio 4°C works together with some russian authors
which sounds very promising.

Atheist
Tue, 06-23-2009, 05:54 AM
I hope this one will be released very soon!

Xelbair
Tue, 06-23-2009, 01:26 PM
I'll watch this i think.

Pandadice
Sat, 06-27-2009, 11:40 PM
dude, I've been anticipating this since like last November or something.

it looks so sweet, i'm definitely watching it.

enkoujin
Sun, 06-28-2009, 03:35 AM
While any war themes seem really well, the storyline is what concerns me the most...

...They are opposed by a Schutzstaffel (SS) officer who is attempting to raise from the dead a supernatural army of crusaders...

My friend told me about this anime back in October 2008 and while the non-textual and minimal amount of dialogue trailers did interest me a whole lot, I might reconsider if the supernatural have anything to do with it. Hopefully, it won't turn out to be like Gungrave's supernatural mess...

KrayZ33
Sun, 06-28-2009, 04:46 AM
I've don't know what Gungrave is about

but first squads storyline reminds me a bit of the game Jericho and the movie Hellboy. (at least it sounds like it)
so I expect it to be somewhat along these lines

the character file about Marat says for example:

"Extrasensory Perception - Satisfactory
Antigravitation - Unsatisfactory
History of Magic & Occultism - Satisfactory
Close Combat - Excellent
Foreign Lang. - Unsatisfactory
Collective Morphology - Excellent
Behaviour - Unsatisfactory "

RyougaZell
Sun, 06-28-2009, 12:32 PM
This looks fantastic. Too bad its a movie and not a full series. We won't be able to see this for at least a year after it gets shown on Japanese theathers :(

Pandadice
Sun, 06-28-2009, 10:16 PM
mmm if it goes to theaters. it could just be a straight to dvd ova/movie. though, I'd rather it goes to theaters.

Pandadice
Sun, 10-04-2009, 04:35 PM
edit: so that first torrent i posted doesn't have any seeds, but this one appears to have Eng sub and is seeded

[izumi] First Squad.mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=89036)

Subs out?!? downloading now :D

Atheist
Mon, 10-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Did anyone seen it? I did, and I thought it was kind of dissapointing actually. I expected lots of action, but there was way too much talking! Also, it's a very short movie + the story is pretty vague.

I did like the action scenes that were in the movie, but there weren't many.

Pandadice
Mon, 10-05-2009, 05:57 PM
i watched it and i thought it was really awesome. it wasn't as straight forward as i expected it to be, but being Studio 4°C, i should've known better.

i loved how they had interviews with actual war veterans, and scholars and historians and junk talking about the events, as they animated them. it reminded me a ton of Band of Brothers.

the animation was pretty awesome, as to be expected. Though the story was kinda iffy, it was definitely made up for by having real people come in and explain that what's going on in the movie actually happened...

Kraco
Tue, 10-06-2009, 12:46 AM
Real people? Were they even real people? The end credits had a proclamation that all the people appearing in the film were fictional. I suspect that also covers those interview things. Personally I disliked them anyway. They broke the story flow and brought absolutely nothing essential into it, regardless of whether they were all fiction or actually real. But then again, considering it's a Russian film, I was expecting something like that. Russians tend to do things a little differently.

It was a decent enough movie but I doubt I'll be ever watching it a second time.

Pandadice
Tue, 10-06-2009, 01:00 AM
huh, i thought that'd just apply to the animated characters, but considering they have a cast list of the real live actors, i guess it applies to them as well. thats weird.

Killa-Eyez
Wed, 05-12-2010, 01:36 PM
It seems it's out in HD. Not a decent sub out yet though..

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=search&cat=0_0&filter=0&term=First+Squad

Inazuma
Fri, 05-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Wow
I love it, Nazi, Russians, Occult, swords, guns, ...
Try it

Killa-Eyez
Thu, 08-12-2010, 01:03 AM
Yeah, decent release is out with subs. Downside, it's all RUSSIAN!