PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 114

Marik
Fri, 06-19-2009, 02:17 AM
[Taka]​ Naruto​ Shippuuden​ 114 - HD (http://www.takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_114_%5B720p%5D%5BFFBB E84A%5D.mp4.torrent) | SD (http://www.takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_114_%5B480p%5D%5B5D81 4EF5%5D.mp4.torrent)

----

This episode is epic. The best episode in a long time.

Kagari
Fri, 06-19-2009, 02:47 AM
Not often do I post, but I had to say something after watching that... Had my heart pounding, my mouth open and my eyes glued to the screen for the entire episode...

Then I watched it right away a second time... same effect. I was entranced by the music, the pacing, the flashbacks...the conclusion... everything about it. I've got chills still, this is the naruto I've been craving... forgot what it felt like.

I'll post my thoughts on the actual content a little later, to give people a chance to see it...but for god's sake download nao and watch!!

Kagari

arondruiz
Fri, 06-19-2009, 03:24 AM
Besides the awful animation that was actually a pretty damn good episode. I wonder if that was Itachi's new theme that played during the flashback, or just a random new soundtrack. Either way I loved all 3 of the new tracks in this episode. I couldn't stand Shippuuden's music when it first came out, but they've taken 20 steps up since then and I can now consider it on part 1's level. Now if they could just improve the animation across the board we'd be golden.

Kraco
Fri, 06-19-2009, 05:31 AM
Naruto has surely some catching up to do if he ever intends to reach Sasuke's level. At least he should forget all the geezers telling him not to use kyuubi's power, because Sasuke for sure is taking everything out of sharingan.

A fine episode. Reminded me of the better episodes in ye olde times. Oro's was one long icarus flight toward the sharingan that in the end claimed his life.

antiravage
Fri, 06-19-2009, 05:49 AM
Do you really think this is the last of Oro? A villain like him can't be killed just like this...

Kraco
Fri, 06-19-2009, 06:09 AM
Yeah, well, at least one incarnation of him. Who knows what the preview suggested, either.

However, villains can be killed if it suits the plot. It would depend, at this point, on whether Oro is necessary anymore, or if Sasuke and Akatsuki will get all the attention from now on. Honestly, Oro has been somewhat sidelined anyway, aside from hanging behind Sasuke's back obviously.

Penner
Fri, 06-19-2009, 07:06 AM
Hell yeah, this is the shit! Hope they keep it up!

and the preview, omg Zabuza wut!?

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Oro's pretty dead I reckon. Kabuto wouldn't be shitting himself otherwise. I'll be betting he's probably going to serve Sasuke, if anything. That guy's got nowhere to go, and if Sasuke's strong enough to take down Oro, all the more reason to follow him.

They sure dragged a lot of sympathy towards Orochimaru with that flashaback, how one child's wish became some twisted quest for revival and immortality.

It's just as Sasuke said too, Orochimaru's genius was still no match for an Uchiha's blood.

Artris
Fri, 06-19-2009, 08:17 AM
"I've consumed him completely."

Damn, I wonder if Sasuke turned the rebirth ritual around on Oro and took *his* powers. The preview may suggest this, and that would be damn cool. Though its odd that Sasuke would use anything of Oro's, which is another suggestion of the preview.

Could also be the case that Oro is totally screwing with Kabuto. I know, not likely but kinda funny if you think about it. With those eyes Oro could show Kabuto just about anything he wanted.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-19-2009, 08:22 AM
It's possible, but if it was the case, I wouldn't expect Oro to use that scene.

Being beaten by a Sharingan is like a thorn stuck inside of him. Possibly the only thing so far he hasn't overcome.

If he was Oro, he's missing his usually chuckles too.

Like you said, funny if really was Oro all along. Those who watch the preview might get a definitive answer.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 06-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Wow.

That was kinda of an anticlimactic end for the guy who was the main villain for so long.

And he just....I mean it was HIS plan. Everything was going the way he wanted and then it just turns out Sasuke was strong enough to willpower himself out...

You'd think Oro would know that kind of thing before he does the ritual.

It really just makes him look stupid.

I will say though, the flashbacks almost make you sympathize with Oro. You can see a logical progression of how he got from where he was to where he is today.

I also thought it funny you could almost see the exact moment his pedophile tendencies emerged when he was watching young Itachi train. :p

StingRay
Fri, 06-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Surprised no one else has mentioned that we know what the Akatsuki leader looks like now. I stopped watching several weeks back so if they did show what he looks like, i'm unaware of it until now.

Animation wise...well its redundant to say how lackluster it is. They'll never improve the quality so i've given up hope on that aspect of the show. I can tolerate it as long as the storyline is compelling enough to make me keep tuning in.

All in all i liked it a lot. I'm glad they gave Orochimaru more depth. Anyone else kinda laugh when he tried to jump Itachi only to be told he's nothing before the Sharingan? lol.

EDIT: Too wordy. shortened! =).

Penner
Fri, 06-19-2009, 03:46 PM
Pain? is that the same person as "Zero" ?

Carnage
Fri, 06-19-2009, 04:36 PM
How slow do they need to make this when the anime is over 100 chapters behind and the manga is almost finishing up? Even if they put in 2 - 3 chapters an episode and added 1 more filler arc for the rest of the series, the animators would still be fine.

Kraco
Fri, 06-19-2009, 05:48 PM
And he just....I mean it was HIS plan. Everything was going the way he wanted and then it just turns out Sasuke was strong enough to willpower himself out...

You'd think Oro would know that kind of thing before he does the ritual.

I think he was completely blinded by his lust for sharingan. The flashbacks strenghtened the image he has been overly enamored by them for a very long time. After the Itachi scene I suppose you can say it was his greatest weakness but yet he couldn't help but plunge into it. A self-destructive fate.

antiravage
Fri, 06-19-2009, 06:29 PM
How slow do they need to make this when the anime is over 100 chapters behind and the manga is almost finishing up? Even if they put in 2 - 3 chapters an episode and added 1 more filler arc for the rest of the series, the animators would still be fine.
The manga is almost finishing up? Dude, the manga still has at least 3 years of life, and even 3 years might not be enough for Kishi to end the story. And right now the manga is 111 chapters ahead of the anime, and that’s counting with the six chapters of kakashi’s gaiden.

Wow.

That was kinda of an anticlimactic end for the guy who was the main villain for so long.

It’s suspicious to say the least.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-19-2009, 06:46 PM
It’s suspicious to say the least.

The logic they used was that with the Sharingan, both Itachi and Sasuke saw right through Oro's techniques, knowing how he was performing them, and what they're meant to do. Using that knowledge, they just did their own thing and turned it right back on him.

The problem I found with that, is, what happens when an Uchiha gets caught in a Genjutsu? Once they know they're in a illusion, can't they do the same thing and unravel that alternate reality as long as the caster isn't also an Uchiha?

Kakashi's been caught before, so it's obviously a no. Then what's the difference between that scenario and this one?

StingRay
Fri, 06-19-2009, 08:42 PM
The problem I found with that, is, what happens when an Uchiha gets caught in a Genjutsu? Once they know they're in a illusion, can't they do the same thing and unravel that alternate reality as long as the caster isn't also an Uchiha?

Kakashi's been caught before, so it's obviously a no. Then what's the difference between that scenario and this one?

Kakashi isn't a natural heir to the Sharingan so i don't think he can ever have the potential with it the way the Uchiha clan would. If i recall, i think Itachi told Kakashi this as he attacked him using Genjutsu.

With regards to an Uchiha getting caught in a genjutsu, I personally believe its a question of skill at that point. Remember when Itachi used one against Sasuke? Itachi said he was weak and wasn't even worth his time. I'd like to believe if Sasuke was a lot stronger and more experienced, that could have played out differently.

If those two ever do get to fight, i hope that issue gets addressed to see if my speculation is right in any sort of way.

Artris
Fri, 06-19-2009, 08:45 PM

Kakashi was caught by Itachi: totally different scenario. The two aren't really comparable, in terms of Sharingan use. I mean, Kakashi only has one eye AND he doesn't have full use of it: hes not on the same level as Itachi. I would also argue that Itachi is something of a Sharingan killer: hes had lots of practice, what with killing off his whole clan.

Also consider that a while back Sasuke was able to enter Naruto's dimension. Sharingan seems to be simply a tool, with different uses depending on the holder. I'm thinking Itachi focused on illusion, Kakashi focused on immitation and Sasuke has some sort of insight thing going. The reason I say that is Sasuke seems to be creating new techniques more than the others: he examines a technique and improves it.

After all, Itachi didn't "see through" Oro's jutsu: he simply stopped him from preforming it. I think Sasuke may be on an entirely different level.

RyougaZell
Fri, 06-19-2009, 09:41 PM
So... why was Sasuke's cursed form now brown? It was gray during the end of 1st half of the series...

capoi
Fri, 06-19-2009, 09:42 PM
You all should remember the time Itachi vs Kakashi, their sharingan level is totally difference. At Konoha, Kakashi just have normal sharingan with just one eye but Itachi already obtain Mangekyou Sharingan which can overcome sharingan user like kakashi.

For the second meet during Saving Gaara ARc, Itachi did not really in the fight because he just transform another person to fight Kakashi.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 06-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Surprised no one else has mentioned that we know what the Akatsuki leader looks like now. I stopped watching several weeks back so if they did show what he looks like, i'm unaware of it until now.Pretty sure that's the first time we saw his whole face at once.

We saw the bullseye eyes before on his hologram, and we saw the lower half of his face with all the piercings in an earlier episode.

This is the first time they've brought it all together.

And man, he really does look like a brown haired Naruto.

poopdeville
Fri, 06-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Is it... Yondaime Hokage?

Carnage
Fri, 06-19-2009, 11:14 PM
The manga is almost finishing up? Dude, the manga still has at least 3 years of life, and even 3 years might not be enough for Kishi to end the story. And right now the manga is 111 chapters ahead of the anime, and that’s counting with the six chapters of kakashi’s gaiden.

I promise you this manga won't last more than 2 years. Because of the spoilers n' crap.

StingRay
Fri, 06-19-2009, 11:17 PM
I was under the impression the 4th died since the third came out of retirement following his death. Also didn't the fourth have shoulder length blonde hair? in the konoha invasion arc, the 3rd is looking at a pic of him if i remember it right.

Then again, you never know with the storyline in this series anymore. Little bit of hair dye, some piercings, new threads, and a conspiracy theory can make him a new man lol.

RyougaZell
Fri, 06-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Wow... this thread is full of manga spoilers...

Yukimura
Sat, 06-20-2009, 05:10 AM
I think this was the first time I've well and truly regretted knowing the outcome of a Shippuuden episode before watching it. To make matters worse after that long and lame filler arc my expectations of Shippuden were still set at cheesy wangsting going into this so I couldn't enjoy it nearly as much as I could have. The upcoming arc has it's perks to look forward to though.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Is it... Yondaime Hokage?I don't think so. He was blond too.

Plus, Akatsuki Leader is clearly from the Rain village.

Archangel
Sat, 06-20-2009, 11:03 PM
I don't think so. He was blond too.

Plus, Akatsuki Leader is clearly from the Rain village.

It was a joke. For a long time there was a theory that the leader of akatsuki was the 4th because the outline's of both characters are similar

Sabrac
Sun, 06-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Link is broken....

Marik
Sun, 06-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Site down for maintenance due to unexpected outages.

NyaaTorrents

[Taka] Naruto Shippuuden 114 [720p][FFBBE84A].mp4 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=70656)
[Taka] Naruto Shippuuden 114 [480p][5D814EF5].mp4 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=70659)

or

[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 114 - 720p.mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=70799)
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 114 - 480p.mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=70798)

Sabrac
Sun, 06-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the speedy link re-post Marik! U rock!