PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 405

Marik
Sun, 06-14-2009, 03:10 PM
A very emotional and epic episode.

[KubuSubs] One Piece 405 [1280x720].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=70243) - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FKZYODGU)
[KubuSubs] One Piece 405 [704x396].mp4 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=70320) - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OI9LYIKA)

[yibis]​ One​ Piece​ 405​ [720p][F81F1A93].mkv (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=24496)
[yibis]​ One​ Piece​ 405​ [400p][6E00A94F].avi (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=24497)

poopdeville
Sun, 06-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Sweet, thanks Marik.

Archangel
Sun, 06-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Why does the file name say it's a raw? O_o

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-14-2009, 10:04 PM
It's a softsub. The torrent includes a raw, and the subtitle file.

Holyfuckingshit that was heartbreaking.

I get the distinct impression from Kuma's interaction with Raleigh though that Kuma was really saving them from Kizaru, not capturing them.

Or I'm wrong, he's a dick, and the Strawhats are all in Impel Down now. In which case, next arc, Prison Break, One Piece style!

The Chancellor
Sun, 06-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Or I'm wrong, he's a dick, and the Strawhats are all in Impel Down now. In which case, next arc, Prison Break, One Piece style! Now that would be some funny shit. And yeah the animation was holy crap awesome!

Sentenal
Mon, 06-15-2009, 12:33 AM
I doubt Kuma would show up, just send them to Impel Down, when he could have gotten a similar result by just not showing up at all.

poopdeville
Mon, 06-15-2009, 12:55 AM
This is exactly what Moria said would happen.

Moustache
http://img23.imageshack.us/i/vlcsnap1761322.png/

DarthEnderX
Mon, 06-15-2009, 02:46 AM
I doubt Kuma would show up, just send them to Impel Down, when he could have gotten a similar result by just not showing up at all.Or maybe he's doing a little of both. Maybe he thinks Kizaru would actually kill them if they fought him, and he doesn't want them to die, but he can't just send them away without being branded a traitor, so he sends them do Impel Down using his non-violent method.

But I doubt it. I get the impression from his "We'll never meet again" that Kuma just helped them all escape and he expects to be punished very harshly for it. Maybe even executed.

Unfortunately, next week is filler...so I won't get to see where he sent them.

Assertn
Mon, 06-15-2009, 03:57 AM
Kuma doesn't seem like the type that would openly breach his borders. He is considered the most loyal among the schichibukai, after all. I think the message was more focused towards the events coming soon (ie. schichibukai gathering to fight whitebeard).

DarthEnderX
Mon, 06-15-2009, 04:13 AM
I suppose the message makes sense if he sent Luffy to Impel Down also because he'd assume that Luffy would rot in a cell for the rest of his life.

TwisT
Mon, 06-15-2009, 05:22 AM
First thing i thought of is that as punishment since he is a cyborg they would take away his personality and make him just another Pacafista (because at least they follow orders and don't just do things on a whim) so the next time they meet it won't be Kuma anymore.

chambers
Mon, 06-15-2009, 05:45 AM
nice ep, i wonder if kizaru and sentomaru will now kill kuma for what he has done? and i wonder how many hundreds of episodes in the future we will find out what kuma said to the dark king :P

Archangel
Mon, 06-15-2009, 07:29 AM
The animation on this episode was superb

I love it when they make it fluid like that, since it makes the fight alot more enjoyable to watch. Even when Luffy was losing it and banging his head on the ground, it looked awesome.

Kraco
Mon, 06-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Luffy completely lost it when he saw his crew disappear one by one. Made it certainly look like he's in the business primarily for good times with his buddies and only secondarily for the one piece hunt.

chambers
Mon, 06-15-2009, 09:15 AM
sad to see these side stories coming up again, they are never fun IMHO especially at this point in the time line where they could literally write dozens and dozens of episodes of content the manga skipped on. Also i wish they would animate the CP9 recovery series... it would be nice to se those guys again.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 06-15-2009, 01:14 PM
I don't know why they don't do ALL of those cover page stories. I know they did like the first two, and okay, those were shitty episodes, but you'd think they'd be desperate enough for manga material they don't have to write themselves that they'd grab any story thread they could to make a few episodes out of.

Even if they'd just waited until an appropriate time to tell that stuff as a flash back, like when the crew meets up with Hachi, have Hachi tell the story of how he came to be a stand owner. Or right before the battle between Ace and Blackbeard, have an episode where Ace is telling someone in the bar about his hunt for Blackbeard.

poopdeville
Mon, 06-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Yeah, they could have done Enel's Space Odyssey instead of those Meiji Detective specials during Water 7/Enies Lobby. That might actually be important to the future plot. If Pluton and Poseidon were just big ass ships, the government wouldn't need the plans. But if they were space ships...

Assertn
Mon, 06-15-2009, 02:24 PM
At least half of the cover story mini-adventures end up having some sort of setup to an event that takes place later in the series.

Raven
Tue, 06-16-2009, 08:27 AM
That was the most emotional episode since Usopp and Luffy's fight over Going Merry. Never seen Luffy lose it like that. It's times like this I wish I were a manga reader.

Kraco
Tue, 06-16-2009, 09:12 AM
When I think of the most emotional episode of One Piece, I always recall the episode (that was also shown in this flashback) where Nami finally broke and asked for help. I guess that's it for me personally.

chambers
Tue, 06-16-2009, 09:56 AM
When I think of the most emotional episode of One Piece, I always recall the episode (that was also shown in this flashback) where Nami finally broke and asked for help. I guess that's it for me personally.

yeah i liked that one too, that and robin asking to be saved, and i think thats why this episode was so good, because previoulsy luffy has always been able to help his nakama and this time despite them asking him and reaching out he was usless.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 06-16-2009, 01:18 PM
This episode hit pretty much all of the series emotional moments in that chunk of flashbacks.

Marik
Tue, 06-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Kubus HD

[KubuSubs] One Piece 405 [1280x720].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=70243) - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FKZYODGU)

The Chancellor
Tue, 06-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Why is everyone so fucking cry baby about this episode? Wtf is that all about? Are we all women in this thread? Yes the episode was good. But god damn way to pussy out on a fucking cartoon everyone, jesus.

RyougaZell
Tue, 06-16-2009, 10:55 PM
This episode was definitely heart breaking... and they just had to place more salt in the would with all those flashbacks.

Fantastic...

Nami and Robin's flashbacks were among some of my favorite one piece moments. The Arlong arc definitely hooked me with the series. Too bad they did not reanimated that scene. Would have love to see it with the current style.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 06-17-2009, 12:17 AM
Why is everyone so fucking cry baby about this episode? Wtf is that all about? Are we all women in this thread? Yes the episode was good. But god damn way to pussy out on a fucking cartoon everyone, jesus.

Hmmm, I'm pretty much a misanthropist bastard in real life so it would hurt my image to express any sort of sympathy or sadness for my fellow man in front of others.

Therefore, i choose the privacy and comfort of my room in front of my computer screen as an acceptable location in order for me to express sadness for my favorite Anime characters.

That is the reason i cry watching One Piece, oh yes, like a baby, sometimes i need a whole box of tissue just to get through certain episodes.

I'm pretty sure everyone else have some sort of reason that fall along that line.

Kraco
Wed, 06-17-2009, 12:55 AM

Some of us want to enjoy the entertainment we watch, you know. That requires the show invokes some sort of emotions in you, whether it's anger, laughs, eager interest, or even sadness. If it fails to do any of that, you better do something else lest it's nothing but waste of time. Maybe you like to waste your time by staring at a brick wall, but that doesn't mean everybody else does as well.

Raven
Wed, 06-17-2009, 03:27 AM
Yep, that's mine also. I guess when I said "since", I meant in chronological episode order. The most emotional since we saw that episode.

But yes, the one you're talking about usually makes me choke up a bit, the most emotional by far for me. ;)

Archangel
Wed, 06-17-2009, 09:02 AM
Really? For me it would have to when they gave the Going Merry its Viking funeral

I teared up a bit :p

Penner
Wed, 06-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Yeah, the death of Going Merry was surprisingly sad...

rockmanj
Wed, 06-17-2009, 04:27 PM
I like how the bubbles popping was the equivalent to birds flying off of the canopy.

Oniken
Wed, 06-17-2009, 06:42 PM
I thought it was hilarious how Brook managed to be 'killed' halfway through one of his jokes :D

LaZie
Thu, 06-18-2009, 01:22 AM
I thought it was hilarious how Brook managed to be 'killed' halfway through one of his jokes :D
It was bound to happen sooner or later. :D

Assertn
Thu, 06-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Yep, that's mine also. I guess when I said "since", I meant in chronological episode order. The most emotional since we saw that episode.

But yes, the one you're talking about usually makes me choke up a bit, the most emotional by far for me. ;)

Rereading the older chapters of the Alabasta arc...
I think chopper's flashbacks are pretty high up there in the emotional factor. Especially the part where he practically killed himself to recover that poisonous mushroom that he had Dr. Hililuk eat.

Penner
Mon, 06-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Whats taking so long with ep 406? ;(

Archangel
Mon, 06-22-2009, 10:49 AM

Who cares? It's filler anyway

Marik
Mon, 06-22-2009, 10:55 AM

Most of ACSF's staff are on summer break and most likely won't be back til ep 410. You'll probably have to wait til tomorrow or later for yibis or Kubus to do it. No one else seems to be in a rush to do it since 406 and 407 are filler eps. Vasco Ren, the guy that released the first version of 405, has already said he wasn't doing the filler eps.

Penner
Mon, 06-22-2009, 12:50 PM
oh right, its those weird "alternate reality" fillers, isnt it?

I have no problem with regular one piece fillers because they are hilarious, but i kinda dislike these weird fillers..

If they have to make fillers so badly, i wish they'd make more Chopperman eps, that shit was awesome ;P

Assertn
Mon, 06-22-2009, 01:25 PM
I can't expect anyone to spend hours fansubbing an episode that I wouldn't spend 24 minutes to watch. Its quite an inopportune time to start fillers, imo.

Oda left some room in the manga to expand on a lot of content, but they have to get at least a little into the canon stuff first, cause obviously you have to know what happens to the strawhats.

Edit: Oh, but on the plus side...the intro suggests they won't be dwelling on this worthless garbage for too long.

Marik
Mon, 06-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Yeah, only 406 and 407 are filler. 408 returns to the great manga content.

Archangel
Mon, 06-22-2009, 03:00 PM
I can't expect anyone to spend hours fansubbing an episode that I wouldn't spend 24 minutes to watch. Its quite an inopportune time to start fillers, imo.

Oda left some room in the manga to expand on a lot of content, but they have to get at least a little into the canon stuff first, cause obviously you have to know what happens to the strawhats.

I'm not sure if i want the anime messing with that part of the manga

Anyway the opening would seem to indicate that they won't use the cover stories

Assertn
Mon, 06-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Oda didn't even really start those stories until after the intro, though. I think if the anime covered most of the stuff hinted at in the intro, then the manga should have enough content to allow for some decent filler stories.