PDA

View Full Version : CCCP - Dual Audio

Archangel
Fri, 06-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Is there any way to make the default language in a video with dual audio Japanese and the subtitles in English?

Munsu
Fri, 06-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Is there any way to make the default language in a video with dual audio Japanese and the subtitles in English?
Not that I know of, and I've asked around for a couple of years now. Main problem is that the order of the tracks vary from release from release.

Archangel
Fri, 06-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Do you use cccp?

There seems to be something about it on Haali Media Splitter Settings

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2807/11467496.jpg

I just have no idea how to handle these settings

Munsu
Fri, 06-12-2009, 01:45 PM
In Audio and Subititle Laguages try typing this to see if you get anything:

jpn,eng

Archangel
Fri, 06-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Yep it worked

Thanks for the help Munsu, hope it works for you too

David75
Fri, 06-12-2009, 01:52 PM
The settings you used is in fact the Haali one, related to the mkv/ogm container.
I've been using this simple but efficient setting for ages.

Munsu
Sat, 06-13-2009, 09:25 AM
The settings you used is in fact the Haali one, related to the mkv/ogm container.
I've been using this simple but efficient setting for ages.
Guess I was asking the wrong people. Because I asked quite a few people, encoders from varios dvd ripping groups and no one was capable of finding a solution.

David75
Sat, 06-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Guess I was asking the wrong people. Because I asked quite a few people, encoders from varios dvd ripping groups and no one was capable of finding a solution.

I've been using the jpn and eng mkv setting for quite a long time.
There are times it doesn't work because some audio tracks and subs have strange identification (not recognized it seems).
But most of the time it works for properly encoded mkv files.

It's in the Haali splitter settings as in the pic. you access these settings from the icon when a file plays (if the icon is enabled) or from the start menu in the CCCP section if installed with that codec pack, or it's own name if installed separately.

A problem that often occurs then, is when Haali splitter merit has been changed by another codec, or an internal splitter is used by the player, in those cases, settings will of course vary.
Codecs/filters and merit management isn't very easy at first, but once you understand and use the tools that are right for you, then you can do pretty much anything.