PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 113

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-11-2009, 10:23 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 113 - 720p.mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=69406)
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 113 - 480p.mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=69407)

-------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, couldn't they have skipped the filler and gone straight onto this? Were they that close to catching up?

/rhetorical question

Nice to have a real naruto episode again. Interestingly, they said Orochimaru can escape his body in that form, but he's always trying to get new bodies, meaning that he can't live with that form alone.

Sasuke doesn't even have to win. He just has to hold out till Oro dies.

As for his new techniques, I don't know how having chakra-weapons will sit with me. I'm glad to see that he's still living up to his words, accomplishing what Itachi did without being a second Itachi.

-----------
Edit: well, after fanboyism's subsided, nothing terribly much actually happened this episode either when you compare it to the long history of awesome Naruto eps. Mediocre filler will have you feeling any proper episode is good though.

Penner
Thu, 06-11-2009, 10:28 AM
so, i pretty much skipped all of the filler.. can i start watching this ep and not have missed anything relevant?

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-11-2009, 10:29 AM
so, i pretty much skipped all of the filler.. can i start watching this ep and not have missed anything relevant?

You missed nothing. Watch 113. NOW!!

Penner
Thu, 06-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Downloading at this very moment!!

Archangel
Thu, 06-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Seriously, couldn't they have skipped the filler and gone straight onto this? Were they that close to catching up?

/rhetorical question

Don't you just wanna lol when you realize that the manga is now over 100 chapters ahead of the anime ...?

Kraco
Thu, 06-11-2009, 12:07 PM
I have to agree on Bill's evaluation. It was a nice episode, especially after the fillers, and it's good to be back to the real thing, but in the end this ep was mostly talk. And much of the talk was about the past we already know.

redcat
Thu, 06-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Don't you just wanna lol when you realize that the manga is now over 100 chapters ahead of the anime ...?
hopefully this means we wont have any more for a long time. but i wouldn't be surprised if the next ep is 100% filler (no, i didn't look at the preview, the last ep taught me that was bad)

sasuke's wings still look ridiculous

Carnage
Thu, 06-11-2009, 12:14 PM
At this point, if they take 2 chapters an episode, it will take 50 episodes to catch up to the manga. in 50 weeks, they'll have another 50 chapters out, and be 50 chapters ahead. Like this it should be about another year and a half or 2 before they need any fillers. Hopefully.

Archangel
Thu, 06-11-2009, 12:19 PM
At this point, if they take 2 chapters an episode, it will take 50 episodes to catch up to the manga. in 50 weeks, they'll have another 50 chapters out, and be 50 chapters ahead. Like this it should be about another year and a half or 2 before they need any fillers. Hopefully.

What does need have to do with anything?

Before this filler they were still 80-90 chapters ahead, so there was obviously no need for it.

Edit:

Somehow it has a different feel from the pre-filler naruto. Might be because it's been such a long time since i last saw it or because the soundtrack is so different but it feels more modern to me somehow

Also, i'm proud of the animators for actually making it through the whole episode without using sidebars

Uberbaka
Thu, 06-11-2009, 01:18 PM
This thread makes me happy.

I was waiting for the claims of bullshit when they decided to either riddle episode with filler content or slow the pace down to something unwatchable. Pre shippuuden fillers and clone-wars have made me a pessimistic Naruto watcher who always expects the worst because that's what they usually give us.

Bring on the good times for as long as they last.

*downloading as he is ranting*

Penner
Thu, 06-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Got abit delayed and i finally watched it, great stuff!

Sasukes 'released' form is so hideous..star on the nose..hand-wings... bah ist just plain ugly.

The animation was great tho, alot better than what i remembered from the last time i watched Shippuuden.

Good to finally be back to the real stuff.

Pandadice
Thu, 06-11-2009, 02:16 PM
that was an awesome episode. can't wait for the ones to follow. I wonder where they're gonna insert the next filler arc at? I hope this story arc is a long one... but it seems like the longer the story arc, the longer the filler arc...

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 06-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Gawful ep. They really cant find a better writer for one of the most successful animes? Even if they kept the director team, who seems to have downe syndrome, at least with interesting dialogue it wouldnt be so bad. Even the good dialogue from the manga seems to make less impact when its surrounded by filler writer garbage.....thats enough venting.

I wonder if the true snake form Oro is sick too, or just the body he was in was dying from having him inside it.

Archangel
Thu, 06-11-2009, 04:48 PM
I wonder if the true snake form Oro is sick too, or just the body he was in was dying from having him inside it.

If the snake was ok on its own there wouldn't have been any need for that last minute body transfer from last time

arondruiz
Thu, 06-11-2009, 04:51 PM
You have to understand, most of those flashbacks are events from 4-5 years ago(IRL). They're aiming to refresh the majority of the TV audience, not people who have watched those old episodes 100 times since then. I agree there were maybe 2 unnecessary flashbacks, but really it wasn't that bad.

Jeff_from_MD
Thu, 06-11-2009, 06:50 PM
wow they really took liberties with this filler. I mean Orochimaru was really pissed at Sasuke this time. At this rate, one of them's going to lose and that cuts into the overall plot big time. And what was with all the flashbacks? Most awful filler yet.

Archangel
Thu, 06-11-2009, 07:02 PM
wow they really took liberties with this filler. I mean Orochimaru was really pissed at Sasuke this time. At this rate, one of them's going to lose and that cuts into the overall plot big time. And what was with all the flashbacks? Most awful filler yet.

... this isn't filler.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Awwwww YEAH! Shit is finally going down son!!

I knew Sasuke wasn't gonna give him his body when the time came!

I think Sasuke's boned though. He say's the cursed seal isn't controlling him, but if it doesn't, why the hell would Orochimaru have given it to him. I think when the pivotal moment comes the seal is gonna disable Sasuke.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-11-2009, 08:54 PM

From his performance, I don't think Snake Form is actually sick, but has a time limit. After that, it'll have to go back to its body. From what Kabuto said, said body was already past its limits, and Oro was simply holding on with his will. Now that his "will" is no longer in that body, I'm assuming it's now a pretty dead corpse. Oro has NO choice but to obtain Sasuke as a host.

Not that he had much of a choice to begin with.

All this actually makes me wonder how long Sasuke's body would last. If you could examine bodies before hand to find compatible ones, he wouldn't have had compatibility problems in the first place. I'd be laughing if after all his efforts, he gets a Sharingan for 3 years max.

I think Sasuke's boned though. He say's the cursed seal isn't controlling him, but if it doesn't, why the hell would Orochimaru have given it to him. I think when the pivotal moment comes the seal is gonna disable Sasuke.

As a bait. Tempting him with power, and what other power is to come. Sasuke's already demonstrated unusually strong will power to repel the seal already. He's fully embracing it now however, so I'd have to agree with you to a point.

I was going to say that a body needs to have a seal within them for at least some time before Oro's body transfer technique could work.

But then I remembered Itachi. Who knows. Maybe Oro still had to land a bite before he can transfer. From the flashback and speed of how things happened...unlikely though.

PS: Oro looks bad in an Akatsuki uniform.

Archangel
Thu, 06-11-2009, 09:04 PM

All this actually makes me wonder how long Sasuke's body would last. If you could examine bodies before hand to find compatible ones, he wouldn't have had compatibility problems in the first place. I'd be laughing if after all his efforts, he gets a Sharingan for 3 years max.

To answer both your questions, i'd say that the purpose of the cursed seal is exactly to allow Orochimaru to be able to keep Sasuke's body from degrading over time and become a definite vessel for him. That was the reason Kimimaro had one as well.

That's just a theory ofc. Darth's idea might also be correct, since we saw something similar happen with Anko when she and Orochimaru met in the forest ( even tough that might have been because she refused to use the seal )

Kraco
Fri, 06-12-2009, 01:08 AM
I'd say Sasuke is in the worse position here unless he has a trick up his sleeve Oro isn't aware of. In the end I doubt Oro really ever believed Sasuke would simply hand over his body, yet he was training Sasuke to get stronger, so he must have a master plan or a few to claim that body. Considering he was the one training Sasuke he already is pretty aware of his abilities, so let's hope Sasuke found some new sharingan power or other ability Oro didn't predict.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-12-2009, 01:14 AM
Oro was certainly surprised when he was pinned by Sasuke's new technique. Even after he recognised the nature of the chakra, which he's been exposed to for the last 3 years, he still had his doubt of whether it was his dear pupil. That's the extent to which Sasuke exceeded Oro's expectations.

Kraco
Fri, 06-12-2009, 01:57 AM
Yeah, but that was a bit more directly physical than what I'm really thinking about he needs. Even the bloody kyuubi-Naruto couldn't beat Oro in a purely physical fight (even if Oro was in a much better shape back then).

Azonalanthious
Fri, 06-12-2009, 04:54 AM
Interesting ep. I'm curious to see how things work out. The problem is as follows:

a. I can't see Oro taking over Sasuke
b. I can't see them killing off Oro.

So... my prediction? Oro is going to end up forced to take over another body before he can manage to take Sasuke's... I'm thinking Kabuto's.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 06-12-2009, 06:07 AM
I think Oro is going to take over Sasuke, but it won't be complete, and Sasuke will be surfacing constantly until some point where Naruto beats Oro and free's Sasuke in the process.

I was going to say that a body needs to have a seal within them for at least some time before Oro's body transfer technique could work.

But then I remembered Itachi. Who knows. Maybe Oro still had to land a bite before he can transfer. From the flashback and speed of how things happened...unlikely though.Also, Oro's current body didn't have a cursed seal before Oro entered him. And I think that is why his body is rejecting him already.

Sam98034
Fri, 06-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Did anyone find their "artsy" foreshadowing with the snake a hawk a bit much?? I know they are trying to be dramatic or something, but I think it's awful and cheesy. This should have been a crazy-exciting episode, yet it felt sooo slooow with the flashbacks and attempts to foreshadow what was going to happen. This isn't a 3rd dies moment or anything like that, it's a surprise attack! I think this episode should have been more of a "WTF just happened!" episode.

Kraco
Sat, 06-13-2009, 01:39 AM
This isn't a 3rd dies moment or anything like that, it's a surprise attack! I think this episode should have been more of a "WTF just happened!" episode.

Really? We have been hearing continuously since forever that Oro intends to claim Sasuke's body, so that part hardly is a surprise, more like an extremely long overdue element, due to the neverending fillers. And I personally think it was as obvious as a morning ending a night that Sasuke wasn't simply going to hand over his body to the most treacherous man in existence. Even if Sasuke really believed his only mission in life is killing Itachi, he wouldn't have a single bit of guarantee Oro would actually do that once he got the body.

Other than that, I don't even think it would have fit Sasuke's personality to give up the control to somebody else and trust that somebody else's abilities and determination more than his own. Who knows, some little part of his mind might also believe in a future after killing Itachi.

poopdeville
Sat, 06-13-2009, 02:22 AM
I think Sasuke is ANBU. Orochimaru just fell into Konoha's trap.

Azonalanthious
Sat, 06-13-2009, 02:26 PM
I think Sasuke is ANBU. Orochimaru just fell into Konoha's trap.

... while I think that is extremely unlikely, I would love it if you were right. That would amuse the heck out of me.

Penner
Sat, 06-13-2009, 03:48 PM
That would be one hell of a plot twist^^

Sam98034
Sun, 06-14-2009, 01:02 AM
Really? We have been hearing continuously since forever that Oro intends to claim Sasuke's body, so that part hardly is a surprise, more like an extremely long overdue element, due to the neverending fillers. And I personally think it was as obvious as a morning ending a night that Sasuke wasn't simply going to hand over his body to the most treacherous man in existence. Even if Sasuke really believed his only mission in life is killing Itachi, he wouldn't have a single bit of guarantee Oro would actually do that once he got the body.

Other than that, I don't even think it would have fit Sasuke's personality to give up the control to somebody else and trust that somebody else's abilities and determination more than his own. Who knows, some little part of his mind might also believe in a future after killing Itachi.

So then you knew this was going to happen? I figured Sasuke *might* not just hand over his body, but as far as attacking Oro head on--no, I didn't figure that. I didn't need a crap load of foreshadowing and flashbacks to ruin the surprise of the moment. It's like someone trying to throw a surprise party for a friend and telling them to dress up for a special event they want to take them to, but they won't say what it is.

Kraco
Sun, 06-14-2009, 01:45 AM
Well, you are right about the attack - I didn't expect that to happen. I expected Sasuke to hit the road, which would have been the logical choice. But in a certain strong sense this also made sense. Despite Sasuke now hating Itachi more than anything, he was still the big brother he alwaus looked up to in the past. And it was Itachi indeed who suddenly judged himself ready when he succeeded in a surprise attack. So, now Sasuke is ironically mirroring Itachi's behavior by surprise attacking those he was serving for three years, instead of simply leaving. And I wouldn't be surprised if his reason was ultimately the same: To see if he's strong enough.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-14-2009, 04:55 AM
I think it has more to do with the fact that Sasuke is testing himself. He probably knows that Itachi is stronger than Oro, so if he can't beat Oro, he's not ready to take on Itachi.

Archangel
Sun, 06-14-2009, 07:38 AM
That, or he doesn't want to have yet another group of enemies looking for him

Best to take care of the problem while it's weak and not when it's 100% on a new body

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-14-2009, 07:40 PM
The fact is, there's just so many good reason's to kill Orochimaru, I'm not sure we'll ever know which one is foremost in his mind. :p

Sam98034
Mon, 06-15-2009, 01:37 AM
Well, he could have done it this way: I'll attack Oro, if I lose, he gets my body and goes for Itachi (eventually), if I win, then I am better off going after Itachi since I'm stronger. But the logic unravels since Oro isn't healthy right now. So maybe he planned this from the start. It's about time Oro changes his body, so it's now or never. If he waited, Oro would have got some other body and would probably beat him.

Artris
Thu, 06-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Think he may have made a big mistake using the cursed seal: recall, the sound 4 were given cursed seals but lost their freedom in return.

Perhaps it was more than a 'choice' to lose their freedom. I'm going to put my money on Oro. I'm also wondering if Kabuto has a cursed seal. Probably not, but could be interesting.

DarthEnder probably nailed it on the head. The plot just fits too well with the theme of the show. "We can still save him!! Yay" (kittens prancing through the meadow behind him).

Now wheres my 114. I need my fix, now that its worth watching again :confused: .

The Chancellor
Sun, 07-05-2009, 10:39 PM
The best part of the episode hands down was when Sasuke turned his sharingan on. Just the sound affect alone is amazing.