PDA

View Full Version : TV: Futurama

Penner
Wed, 06-10-2009, 09:15 AM
It's Official, Futurama is reborn! (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/its-official-futurama-returns.html)

This. Is. So. Fucking. Awesome.!

xentar
Wed, 06-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Great News! I just hope they do the original series justice. With the exception of the first movie, the rest of the movies were mediocre.

TwisT
Wed, 06-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Oh hell yes. Best TV related news ever. This is the only comedy show that was actually better and funnier then The Simpsons. Family Guy came close but in the end i never thought it was better. But Futurama. Wow. Can't believe it was actually canceled to begin with. Well i'll leave it at that because now i have to go do something about this raging boner i just got :P

XanBcoo
Wed, 06-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Great News! I just hope they do the original series justice. With the exception of the first movie, the rest of the movies were mediocre.
These are my feelings too. There's some serious danger in continuing Futurama with respect to a decline in quality, especially since 3 out of the 4 movies weren't very good at all. This will be Family Guy/The Simpsons all over a again. I think they should have let it die.

If this jumps the shark after the reboot, then they will have destroyed something beautiful. I can watch any old rerun of Futurama and it never gets old to me.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 06-12-2009, 10:10 AM
I think it's the best news I've heard this year.

seriously, even if global warming happens, I'm going to watch this.

(if nuclear winter doesn't come and cancel that one out)

samsonlonghair
Sat, 06-13-2009, 08:33 PM
I bet Seymour the dog is singing walking on sunshine right now.

XanBcoo
Fri, 07-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Futurama might return WITHOUT original voice cast (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118006123.html?categoryid=14&cs=1&nid=2562)

When "Futurama" returns to TV next year, it might be without the show's original voice cast.

Talks have broken down between 20th Century Fox TV and stars Billy West, Katey Sagal, John DiMaggio, Maurice LaMarche and Tress MacNeille over how much they should be paid to take part in the show.

The studio announced last month that it would produce 26 new episodes of "Futurama," and that Comedy Central was on board to begin airing the new episodes in mid-2010. As part of the announcement, the show's producers said stars including West, Sagal and DiMaggio had all signed on to return.

Turns out that wasn't true.

The stars had all expressed interest in returning. But with the budget for "Futurama" dramatically slashed, the salary offers came in well below what the thesps were asking.

As a result, 20th has put out a casting call to find replacement voice actors for the show.

Not sure what the real danger in this is, or how probable it really is. I just know if they don't get the original cast, there's basically no point in watching.

Penner
Fri, 07-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah...without them the odds are very VERY slim that this will be any good...

Raven
Sat, 07-18-2009, 05:57 PM
The season could be dead before it even starts, that's crippling if true.

TwisT
Sat, 07-18-2009, 08:35 PM
oh ffs. Just pay them. Seriously. I can't see it not becoming a hit. I haven't met a single person that saw Futurama and didn't love it. And if we look how much The Simpsons cast make, i can't believe they're not throwing in some extra cash to make sure they get these people to VA it. All the fans are gonna demand it.

I would probably still watch the show but it would lose it's spark and luster. At least 3 voices are a must. Fry, Bender and Leila. Those are the 3 most important voices that can't get replaced.

Dammit now i have to rewatch some Futurama again. First Inuyasha and now Futurama. And I'm already rewatching Buffy season 3. Not gonna be able to do anything for the next week :P

Penner
Sat, 07-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Yeah same here, i havent met anyone who didnt like Futurama..

Just fork out the cash and pay the actors ffs, they will make more than enough to even it out.

poopdeville
Sat, 07-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Heh, the way the movies sold, I doubt that.

samsonlonghair
Sat, 07-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Why even bother making new episodes of Futurama without Billy West? He voiced half the characters on that show. Jeez, who else are they going to cut? Maybe they'll decide not to include anyone from the original series. It's not Futurama without Billy West.

Penner
Sun, 07-26-2009, 08:36 AM
'Futurama' panel lends support to voice cast (http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/07/futurama-panel-lends-support-to-voice-cast-.html)

XanBcoo
Wed, 07-29-2009, 11:33 PM
John Dimaggio is confident the old cast will return (http://geeksofdoom.com/2009/07/25/futurama-star-john-dimaggio-is-confident-all-cast-will-return/)

In other words, no comment. I really can’t talk about it. All I can say is that Matt [Groening] and David [X. Cohen] have such a wonderful project and I love it dearly – love it to death. And hopefully we’ll be able to work it out. And I think we will. It’s just going to take a little time and that’s about it.

The fans have been really wonderful and that’s really great. But you know, that’s just the way it goes. That’s just the way this show business works. And we’ll see what happens. Hopefully… I have a good feeling it’s going to turn out for the best. That’s about it. That’s all I’ve got. That’s all I have to say about that!

Penner
Thu, 07-30-2009, 12:36 AM
There's hope!

Death BOO Z
Thu, 07-30-2009, 03:55 AM
a quick question...
what's up with all the hate for fox?
I know that there's always cases of canceling great shows, and misdubbing animes (everyone, go and listen to 'science ninja big ten' fuck 4kids song, right now!) and generally being giant asses.
but still, about 90% of the comedy animation rooster belongs to them, (family guy, American dad, the Simpsons, Futurama), so isn't this a simple case of "no pain, no gain"?
you can't mess up something if you don't try first.

Testarossa Autodrive
Thu, 07-30-2009, 03:05 PM
I think Groening and Cohen realize that doing a show without [a good portion of] the original cast would mean suicide, especially losing someone like Billy West who - aside from having such an enormous talent - provided many voices for the show. I've still got some hope left that they'll work something out, but if worse comes to worse and we don't see DiMaggio, West or Sagal return, I probably won't watch it.

Vegechan
Thu, 07-30-2009, 07:04 PM
While it saddens me that it's possible we won't have the amazing talents of some of the original voice actors, it saddens me even more to know people wouldn't watch the show JUST because of this, and not give it a chance.

It's not like you're doing anything better right? I mean, if the original writers and directors are still involved, you can still bet on it being at least decent, MAYBE even better, who knows?

You're letting something trivial effect your opinion on something, which really is a shame. Instead of passing judgment now, why not wait until the final product to see how it comes together.

Yes it would be unfortunate that we wouldn't have the familiarity of the old voice actors, but let's see what happens with the new ones first.

That is, IF we get new ones.

Penner
Fri, 07-31-2009, 12:30 AM
Trivial? The voice actors basically MAKE the characters, without them its not the same show, no matter how much effort they put in it.

Its the same reason dubbed anime sucks ass.

It would be like watching The Simpsons without their original voices.. a complete and utter suckfest.

XanBcoo
Fri, 07-31-2009, 01:29 AM
While it saddens me that it's possible we won't have the amazing talents of some of the original voice actors, it saddens me even more to know people wouldn't watch the show JUST because of this, and not give it a chance.

It's not like you're doing anything better right? I mean, if the original writers and directors are still involved, you can still bet on it being at least decent, MAYBE even better, who knows?
Certainly I have better things to do with my time than watch a sub-par imitation of a good television show.

Having said that, if the original cast can't return (and honestly, they probably will), the writers could always branch out and explore new characters in the same universe. Some other internet people have suggested even focusing on the Professor's old crew members.

There's still a lot they can do without the old cast, so hiring a bunch of no-name imitators to replace the old cast is the worst case scenario.

Its the same reason dubbed anime sucks ass
This is neither a relevant nor intelligent argument. It's not 1995 anymore.

Vegechan
Fri, 07-31-2009, 05:19 AM
I knew trivial wasn't the right word to use, and it would be focused on that.

Listen, all I'm trying to say is that you're making opinions on something that doesn't even exist yet. You don't know what the final product would look like, and you're shutting it out without even giving it a chance. You think that what you have now is so perfect, nothing can possibly be better or be just as good.

If Futurama's cast does change, it's failure will have nothing to do with whether or not they did a good job, but millions of unfair, unbiased opinions that are being too pretentious and closed minded to give something new a chance.

It's entertainment. Why do you have to be so up tight about something that's trying to entertain you?

Penner
Fri, 07-31-2009, 06:24 AM
Only way i can imagine this being somewhat decent without the original cast is if they show a Futurama from a different reality/dimension where their voices are changed, or if they happen to come across some cargo/item or Farnsworth makes some experiment that changes their voices for some reason.

And what the fuck does 1995 have to do with dubbed anime sucking?

I have not seen or heard a single anime where the dubbed version was better or even close to the original voices.
This goes for pretty much every animated thing ive seen, including Pixar, Disney etc.

Granted, this is only my own opinion and others may not feel the same way, but for me the voice of a character plays a huge part in how i see a them and their personality.

TwisT
Fri, 07-31-2009, 08:25 AM
I knew trivial wasn't the right word to use, and it would be focused on that.

Listen, all I'm trying to say is that you're making opinions on something that doesn't even exist yet. You don't know what the final product would look like, and you're shutting it out without even giving it a chance. You think that what you have now is so perfect, nothing can possibly be better or be just as good.

If Futurama's cast does change, it's failure will have nothing to do with whether or not they did a good job, but millions of unfair, unbiased opinions that are being too pretentious and closed minded to give something new a chance.

It's entertainment. Why do you have to be so up tight about something that's trying to entertain you?
Yes we think it's perfect as it is now, and NOTHING CAN be better. You know why? Because their voices ARE their characters. Billy West is Fry, John DiMaggio is Bender and Katey Sagal is Leela. Now if you have never seen Futurama before and these new episodes would be the first you watch, and they have new VA's, then you wouldn't have a problem. And they would become the voices for the characters. Then after a year or so when you have gotten used to those voices you watch the old episodes you would think they where terrible. Because thats not how their supposed to sound. It has nothing to do with performance.

Changing the VA would be just like if they would have switched out an actor on "Friends" for another one playing the same character. Let's say they switch David Schwimmer and puts in Johnny Depp to play Ross at the season premiere for season 6. I don't think many would disagree that Depp is the better when it comes to acting. Would he be a better Ross? No! Because David Schwimmer IS Ross. No one can be better and do a better job no matter how good of an actor or how open minded you are. Only way they can make a actor change work would be if Ross moved away and someone new moved in. Then Johnny Depp wouldn't play Ross. He would play his own character. A good example of that would be "Married with Children" where they replaced Steve with Jefferson. But if they would have replaced the actor playing Steve for another one playing the exact same character, it would have been a disaster.

And even if the new VA's (hopefully we will still get the old once) where still doing a good job so where it was once awesome, it's now just good, the fact that it's different voices might just upset you to such a degree that you won't even be able to enjoy and laugh at the jokes.

As for the comment on the dubbing i can only guess what he meant, but i think the comment about intelligent refers to the fact that it's dubbed. It's two different languages and therefor it serves a purpose and is kind of a bad example. And the 1995 comment might refer to the fact that dubbing anime back then was so low budget it was scary. I have watched anime's from back then that basically was voiced by a single person. A person that sucked at it to begin with, displaying no emotions what so ever in their voices. Well your Swedish so if you ever watched Swedish dubbed Cyborg 009 when you where younger should know what I'm talking about ;)

XanBcoo
Fri, 07-31-2009, 01:04 PM
Because if it's not good, then it's no longer entertaining, and therefor not worth the time wasted convincing yourself to enjoy it. What's hard to understand about that?

No one's saying they're not going to give it a chance, but more than likely if we don't get the original cast, fans will lose interest because it will not be the same show without the right cast. It would be like watching House with Randy Quaid instead of Hugh Laurie. As I said, a poor imitation. Why even bother?

I have not seen or heard a single anime where the dubbed version was better or even close to the original voices.
Well first of all, you are in no position to judge that since I can assume you don't speak Japanese. You have no idea if the Japanese dub sucks. Unless the English dub is absolutely atrocious in every aspect, then your only reason for thinking dubs suck is because "It's not Japanese", which is a pretty weak argument. Sure it speaks of your preference, but it's hardly a measure of quality.

Also there are mountains of dubbed anime out there (pretty much any series put out by Funimation or ADV right now) that are absolutely brilliant, and this is by no means an unpopular opinion.

There's an existing thread about dubs in the Anime section. Try and read through it: http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=15679

Vegechan
Fri, 07-31-2009, 04:07 PM
No one's saying they're not going to give it a chance

I've still got some hope left that they'll work something out, but if worse comes to worse and we don't see DiMaggio, West or Sagal return, I probably won't watch it.

I know that's just one person here, but I've seen many similar things being said by friends and other places online.

And I'm not arguing that the voices make the characters, that's not the case at all. I understand that the new show voices could be very different. All I'm saying is that you need to give things a chance before you make such strong opinions about it.

Also, I've lost some respect for the original cast. While I don't know how much less they were offered, they need to realize this isn't a network studio. Even mediocre rated shows on networks stations still have better ratings then some of the best rated cable shows. The show won't be getting as much exposure, therefore won't be making as much money as it used to.

But they want more money. Again, we don't have details, but it just seems like they are expecting too much...

EDIT Oh, and the whole "All dubbed anime are bad" thing just solidifies my point that just because something is different from the original doesn't mean it's bad. I personally prefer watching Fullmetal Alchemist and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex in English, even though I saw the japanese ones first.

Also, I'd like to use Naruto as an example of something that's ticking me off about "Subs vs Dubs." Believe it. So many people make fun of this, constantly, and use it as proof as to why the Naruto dub is bad. Except, most of them don't understand or realize (I have no idea why) that it's just their best attempt to translate "Dattebayo" which Naruto says MUCH more in the Japanese version than he says "Believe it!" in the English.

It all comes down to this. You can recognize bad voice acting in English because it's your language. You can hear the inflection, tone, and variance in their voice to know if they are doing a good job. But suddenly, when you change it to a different language, it becomes difficult to pick up on all the subtleties. I'm sure someone is going to say "I can pick those up and you're wrong!" but I still feel this is the primary cause for the "Japanese is better than English" mantra.

XanBcoo
Fri, 07-31-2009, 05:37 PM
I know that's just one person here, but I've seen many similar things being said by friends and other places online.
I think that was meant more as a "I won't watch it regularly" than as a "I won't even give it a chance". I think most of us here are excited that there will be more Futurama, but would rather have the genuine article rather than a cheap imitation.

In any case, there's a good chance this will be resolved favorably. Just not soon.

It all comes down to this. You can recognize bad voice acting in English because it's your language. You can hear the inflection, tone, and variance in their voice to know if they are doing a good job. But suddenly, when you change it to a different language, it becomes difficult to pick up on all the subtleties.
Yeah, I made this point in one of the many Dub/Sub threads. No one knows just how good or bad the Japanese actors may sound, but regard it as "better" because they don't really speak the language. People hear a line in a dub and suddenly think it sounds ridiculous, when really it was always ridiculous.

Also you're right about the Naruto thing. Actually he hasn't said "Believe it" since season 1.

Testarossa Autodrive
Fri, 07-31-2009, 10:35 PM
Indeed. That statement I made, "I probably won't watch it," holds an important key word - probably. Of course I would watch it the first one or two times (depending on my first reaction). I mean, I'd at least give it a try, but I really don't believe in the idea that "you've heard it once before, grown used to it and therefore your opinion is biased now that it's changed". In fact, language isn't as important to me as long as the acting sounds believable and the voice of the character fits.

There are many English anime/cartoons I just really don't care for simply because the characters weren't cast properly (that or they did a bad job). And there are some foreign cartoon/anime that I'd much prefer listening to it in its original language.

The reason why I would be so disappointed to see Fry and the other major players is because, for one, they are those characters. And two, I truly do believe they are good voice actors. They took those characters and they gave them life. And seriously, who didn't grow up with Billy West and not love the guy? Doug? Ren and Stimpy? You can't tell me you'd have not been disappointed to see Stimpy recasted...right? D:

Penner
Sat, 08-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Things are looking better and better!

Three of the holdout cast members of "Futurama" have signed new contracts with 20th Century Fox TV to continue voicing their characters as the show reboots on Comedy Central.

Katey Sagal, Tress MacNeille and Maurice LaMarche have agreed to resume on the show.

The studio is "hopeful" that Billy West (Philip J. Fry) and John Di Maggio (Bender) will shortly sign contracts to return also.

The makeup wasn't entirely unexpected. At Comic-Con last week, exec producer Matt Groening voiced support for the actors, and signed autographs with some of the cast.

"We love our 'Futurama' actors. And we hope that Fox and the actors can come to an agreement as soon as possible," Groening said.

Source: Here (http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/07/fox-signs-futurama-voice-actors.html)

enkoujin
Sat, 08-01-2009, 06:47 PM
I just finished watching the fourth movie and I feel that, as good as it seems, a new season of Futurama would antagonize the "climax" (at the end of the fourth movie) the series had its foundations based on. Whilst I would like to see the writers back in action on episodes with their fanciful witty humor, it was a pleasant ride we had with the movies released thus far.

UChessmaster
Sat, 08-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Trivial? The voice actors basically MAKE the characters, without them its not the same show, no matter how much effort they put in it.

Its the same reason dubbed anime sucks ass.

It would be like watching The Simpsons without their original voices.. a complete and utter suckfest.

Ever considered the posibility of the potential new voice actors being... you know... better?

Testarossa Autodrive
Sun, 08-02-2009, 02:24 AM
Ever considered the posibility of the potential new voice actors being... you know... better?

Yes, it's entirely possible, but that's not always the case. I can admit, however, when something is better.

Raven
Sun, 08-02-2009, 02:38 AM
Good news, everyone! (http://au.tv.ign.com/articles/100/1009858p1.html)

LaZie
Sun, 08-02-2009, 03:03 AM
Awesome news indeed! Glad they're returning. It just wouldn't feel like Futurama without them.

XanBcoo
Sun, 08-02-2009, 03:03 AM
Please don't let this be a view into the What If Machine.

Looks like I was wrong about this not being resolved soon. I'm happy.

Penner
Sun, 08-02-2009, 05:37 AM
Excellent!

Penner
Thu, 03-11-2010, 04:58 PM
New episodes of Futurama to premiere in June (http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/2010/03/04/new-episodes-of-futurama-to-premiere-in-june/)

w00t w00t ^^

Penner
Wed, 05-26-2010, 09:17 PM
'Futurama' exclusive: Exec producer David X. Cohen previews the return (http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/25/futurama-david-x-cohen-preview/)

Death BOO Z
Thu, 05-27-2010, 08:41 AM
I like the episode about time travel idea. there has to be a joke about L.A, and then a couple of future hitchikers.
one month left to kickstart the season... COME' ON!!

Penner
Sat, 06-12-2010, 03:13 AM
'Futurama' premiere clip, and a full-series recap (7min long) narrated by 'Zapp Brannigan' (http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/06/futurama-premiere-preview-clip.html)

Testarossa Autodrive
Sat, 06-12-2010, 02:29 PM
I didn't find the premier clip to be terribly funny, but I'll reserve judgment until I see a few new episodes.

Zati
Tue, 06-22-2010, 01:59 PM
The first two episodes of the new season are now available for download.

Futurama officially airs and comes back on Thursday, but some source has leaked the DVDSCR/Preair rips early for us to enjoy. Awesome!

Death BOO Z
Tue, 06-22-2010, 03:26 PM
I found the first episode on isohunt.
can you post a link to the 2nd one?

Penner
Tue, 06-22-2010, 04:49 PM
I'll wait for better quality releases :P

Zati
Tue, 06-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I'll probably download the HDTV or whatever higher res version later for archiving. But as of now, these are pretty solid and nice quality, too. :)

DBZ:
Megaupload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QDG2ZNUD)
Torrent (http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5644812/Futurama.S06E02.DVDSCR.XviD-MSPAiNT-%5Btracker.BTARENA.org%5D.mp4)

Assassin
Tue, 06-22-2010, 06:56 PM
THe first episode i found to be just 'meh', and it dealt mainly with the return aspect of the series. But i really enjoyed the second one and found it to be genuinely funny. The jokes seemed more natural in this episode, unlike the first one where it felt like they were there just for the sake of being there.

Penner
Fri, 06-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Just finished the first ep and about to start the second!

Thing i noticed, when Bender walks out of the dead Cyclops-Eater, he has both his eyes again, then back to one eye in the next scene where he screws back his other eye :P

Edit: Finished the second ep and while the first ep was mostly a 'comeback' episode, this second ep was back to good old Futurama excellence!

Sapphire
Fri, 06-25-2010, 01:22 PM
I loved the episodes! I am really glad that Futurama has managed to keep the quality and humor up instead of descending into just horribleness like the Simpson's. I guess that's why they can keep coming back. I'm looking forward to a good season.

XanBcoo
Fri, 07-02-2010, 12:59 AM
Which episodes are you guys talking about?

I caught the tail end of the one with robot Leela and Fry, and it was ok. It felt similar to the movies, but not necessarily bad.

The episode that aired tonight was truly awful. Eyephone? Twitcher? Susan Boil?? "There an app for that"??? Am I watching South Park? Or maybe a late-season episode of The Simpsons? What the Christ was that? Fry falling from several stories up onto the floor, then into goat vomit?

What the fuck did I just watch?

I can only hope that this episode was a dud in a good season. How depressing.

Penner
Fri, 07-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Meh, i had no real issues with the latest ep, and the iPhone deserves to be mocked, that thing is so overhyped its ridiculous.

But i'm biased, i have always disliked Apple so anything that makes fun of or ridicules them i tend to enjoy :P

XanBcoo
Fri, 07-02-2010, 01:29 PM
But i'm biased, i have always disliked Apple so anything that makes fun of or ridicules them i tend to enjoy :P

It's not the message I'm complaining about (seriously though, Susan Boyle jokes?), it's the means.

Futurama is a character-driven comedy. It shouldn't use empty personalities as a vehicle to deliver bland social commentary. Nothing about that episode was unique to Futurama. The entire script could have been used to make a South Park or Simpsons episode, replacing "Fry, Leela, and Bender" with "Stand, Kyle, and Cartman" or "Homer, Lisa, Sideshow Mel".

XanBcoo
Thu, 07-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Well, this week's episode shut me up. Futurama is back to perfect form.

The Circusitis bit was so random, but probably my favorite part.

TwisT
Fri, 07-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Favorite part,

Amy: We did it honey! Finally we can have a legal, monogamous marriage like everyone else.

Bender: Woooohooo yea..... Monogamous??

Laughed hard at that one. Bender is by far my favorite character from a satire cartoon.

Death13a
Sat, 07-17-2010, 01:44 AM
poking finger evolved into two poking fingers.

And remember there's always someone more stupid than you.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 07-17-2010, 11:44 AM
the only good part was Hermes small bones.

I could definitely do without these cheap ripoffs of OLD stuff.

Death13a
Fri, 07-23-2010, 01:45 AM
Well at least in future you don't hunt down service support, service support hunts you down.

Ryllharu
Fri, 07-23-2010, 03:52 PM
"You call that an ink defense? WAAAAAAAGAAGAAGAAGH!"

Penner
Fri, 07-23-2010, 04:54 PM
"You call that an ink defense? WAAAAAAAGAAGAAGAAGH!"

That shit made me laugh out loud, <3 Zoidberg!

Death BOO Z
Sat, 07-24-2010, 07:42 AM
well, That's it for me.
I looked up the alien language translator, and deciphered the spam mail into:
"Need extra cash(?) Melt down your old unwanted humans(!) we pay top dollar(!)"

and then I edited wikipedia for the first time in my life.

it was a great episode, continuing a strong narrative theme for the season of showing us how something "really" happened (episode 1,2, and now 6)

rockmanj
Sat, 07-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Also, Baby Bender was super cute. I wonder how he err...grows...

TwisT
Sun, 07-25-2010, 06:09 AM
Ink defense was great. But i think Scruffy had the best. He is so awesome when you think of how few lines and how little screen time he has but how awesome his lines are. "The candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long". Just love it.

XanBcoo
Fri, 07-30-2010, 12:13 AM
Tonight's episode was beautiful.

Inazuma
Fri, 07-30-2010, 06:22 AM
Time paradox, fixed.

Death13a
Fri, 07-30-2010, 11:38 AM
That was old Fry, he is died now.

Earth is round, why not time.

And Professor is not exactly person who he says he is, as his sniping skills are not too bad. :rolleyes:

XanBcoo
Fri, 07-30-2010, 03:40 PM
And Professor is not exactly person who he says he is, as his sniping skills are not too bad. :rolleyes:

Well, he did miss and hit Eleanor Roosevelt.

Assassin
Sun, 08-15-2010, 01:49 AM
Loved the evolution episode....its great to see them take a current day issue and present both sides of the argument in a hilarious way.

plus, robot dinosaur fight!

Death BOO Z
Sun, 08-15-2010, 02:03 AM
"things don't exist simply because you believe they have to exist!" case closed, points for... creationism?

still, zoidberg steals the show "fatherman away... woop woop woop"

Penner
Sun, 08-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Zoidberg really is the king, he doesn't have to do much at all to be hilarious :P

Penner
Fri, 08-20-2010, 08:51 AM
Tonight at eleven: DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!

Assassin
Fri, 08-20-2010, 03:45 PM
ahaha morbo is fucking hilarious.....one of the best characters on Futurama by far.

I love the math in this ep, and the appearance by the globetrotters.....i wonder if the theorem they showed was pre-existant, or whether the writers actually worked it out themselves cuz alot of them apparently have Ph.D's in math and physics.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-20-2010, 05:31 PM
probably a known solution to a known problem (just not about mind switching). it's something you can figure out on your own (the concept, not the math proofing of) if you put your head to it.

somehow, I can't really laugh when zoidberg does visual freakyness. it seems like they're wasting a joke when he doesn't provide commentary for it.

from a long ago episode:
"one deviled egg"
"an egg? *munchmunch*"
"the same deviled egg"

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-27-2010, 07:58 AM
a convention episode?
cool.

Lrrr, plant omicoron persei eight. one of lesser appreciated characters of the show. I like how they parallel him with "Dr" Zoidberg. both of them are adult males dealing with middle class life from both ends of the social state, and both are miserable.
also, "claw blachet! DUHM DUHM DUMM!", a single Australian man does all the work, the rules are the same as the house version.

nice joke in the opening, with the tv networks. am I getting smarter and more capable of spotting the jokes, or are they getting lazy?

Penner
Fri, 08-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Man this show is soooooo much better than the Simpsons is (or have been in years), don't get me wrong, i still like the Simpsons and want em to continue but they don't even hold a candle to Futurama.

Ryllharu
Fri, 08-27-2010, 07:40 PM
"These X-ray specs will really take the guesswork out of surgery. No more chopping blindly in the goop." - Best line of the episode.

"I'm sick of being critiqued by nitpicking nerds, I'm taking this to a comic book convention!" - Second best line of the episode, I didn't even catch it the first time.

This was the first episode this new season that really felt like Futurama to me. I'm not sure really what it was, but everything seemed to click this episode. The visual gags were spot on. Maybe it was the subtle jokes at ComicCon 3010. It might also have been the fake disintegrator that was really "just" a teleport gun, which even boasted pixelization as its transport method. Or maybe it was the hilarious guest role by Katee Sackhoff (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0755267/) as an alien cosplay sex fiend (a slight furry reference even?)

Testarossa Autodrive
Fri, 09-03-2010, 09:23 PM
I had a very nostalgic feeling when I heard Maurice LaMarche play Orson Welles again (although this time it was just his head). I was fondly reminded of the time he voiced the character in The Critic.

"....ROSEBUD."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH1PJTY9AVA

Penner
Thu, 03-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Good news, everyone!

Futurama renewed for 2 more years! (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/24/futurama-renewed/)

oyabun
Sun, 03-27-2011, 11:18 PM
NICE! I was really hoping that the series continues!

Assassin
Sun, 04-03-2011, 01:57 PM
haha i love professor farnsworth

Penner
Fri, 06-24-2011, 09:07 AM
Sup ya'll, there's 2 new episodes of Futurama out today, go get em'! ;D

Penner
Fri, 06-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Oh God, shield your eyes!, it's like Edward James Olmos on IMAX!

I lol'd, hard. Easily one of the best Futurama lines ever :p

Death BOO Z
Sat, 06-25-2011, 09:20 AM
"nothing can a defeat a monster that big -
except an even equally bigger monster!"

not enough Kith, too much Zapp.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 07-09-2011, 02:47 AM
episode 17, my favorite so far for the summer.

Usually I'm not much for movie-ref episodes, but this time it worked really well, with movies from a wide range (so it doesn't feel too dated) and a focus on fry.
also, loved the final joke.

Penner
Thu, 06-21-2012, 09:14 AM
http://forums.gotwoot.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=658&d=1301016336
Good news, everyone!

First two episodes of season 7 is out.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 06-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Kramer vs Kramer and 2012....

I felt these two episodes were very well made and funny, but I hope to have some more futuristic episodes for the rest of the season.

"Shut up and give me a soda!" - internet is funny. as well as the "not sure...".

best part was the super-hero opening.

oyabun
Tue, 07-03-2012, 05:27 AM
Funny how Futurama and Simpsons can deliver the most touching story lines. Bender being a Dad is an awesome episode.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 07-03-2012, 09:02 AM
I've got some bones to pick with the 3rd episode - the Obama Birther one..

I don't like many parts of it. I hate it when they try to do something topical (like the Iphone episode), and it's even worse that they're 4 years behind late. and having the guy a time-traveler is far less ground breaking than actually depicting him as black.

I think President Nixon is a step back, the whole 'the world is america' thing also bugs me. I always thought of the series as more 'local brand' - it's a giant universe, and the earth is just one part of it - the characters can leave it at anytime, and they sometimes do shopping outside it. I like to think as the earth as New-York City. the rest of the universe exists, just doesn't matter most of the time.

sure, I might be hypocritical, and older episode were 'topical', but it never felt so much like southpark. (only three years late with the joke, like sonic games)

Death BOO Z
Thu, 07-12-2012, 06:00 PM
fifth episode is out, don't leave me hanging on the discussion.

mostly formulaic, but loved the string people (luckily there weren't any over sized ceremonial scissors) and the other callbacks, also, the Starwars billiard and R2D2. kind of weird that we didn't see even a glance between Keith and Amy, though.
Zoidberg has three lines and still is the king of comedy.

oyabun
Fri, 07-13-2012, 02:51 AM
Lol Zoiberg. I am pretty surprised Fry made it out alive in those sewers and that "company" talk bar with the group that Leela suggested was funny as hell. Bender trying to create conversation! lol.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 07-19-2012, 05:55 PM
so and so episode. loved the part about the skimpy clothes being necessary to the sport.
It's really weird we haven't seen Keith and Leela's spawns, they have gone through the trouble of showing us his parents and the crazy swamp priest.

"your child is going to die.. of neglect!"

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-10-2012, 06:06 PM
really disappointed by the 'free-will' episode. too much like earlier episodes (which they have acknowledged) and very structurally weak. it seemed to go an extra mile just to avoid any real plot. like a bad HIMYM episode.

most defiantly one of the weakest episodes in the series.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 08-11-2012, 12:43 AM
Pretty cool pretty cool. 3D model reworking of futurama aliens....

1329 1330
1331 1332

poopdeville
Sat, 08-11-2012, 10:26 AM
I never realized how much Morbo looks like the "Mars Attacks!" aliens.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 08-25-2012, 02:14 PM
again, after last week's good episode (fransworth parents). we got a horrible, ocean 11 episode, rife with continuity errors and not really funny. that's what happens when you try to compete with south park on their field...

you know what? I think I should address my feelings at them. does anyone know where my e-mail complaint should go? FOX? production company?

Dark Dragon
Mon, 09-03-2012, 03:45 AM
Not sure how you guys feel about Naturama, but i loved the episode.

It remind me a lot of the old Futurama with the twisted humor and characterization. I cracked when Lrrr came out as "Brrr"

Zoidbert only had a few lines, but they were pretty much all gold.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 09-03-2012, 04:10 AM
I was a bit late watching the episode this week, and someone told me it wasn't a good episode.

of course, it was great.
continuing the trend of good episode coming after a bad episode, and a bad one after the good.

I feel it had some of the 'light in the dark' vibe. sure, "[...] the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short", but despite the horrible reality, life is worth living. the contrast between the narrator (and the on-screen plot) and the established characters ideas (in the platonic sense) gives the episode a melodramatic feeling.

Dark Dragon
Mon, 09-03-2012, 05:38 AM
The fox episode was kinda weak, but nothing too terrible.

I felt like the Narrator (Phil LaMarr) did a great job in Naturama. The episode just feels very natural (hehe) Futurama without any feeling like it was forced. There were a bunch of great lines and it was just the Futurama cast, except in animal form. I personally like the episode a lot more than last season finale "Reincarnation", that episode just felt very forced and unfunny with all the different animation style.

Sapphire
Thu, 08-22-2013, 05:58 PM
The Murder on Planet Express episode was the best one in years. How on earth did they manage that?!

Anyway, worth a watch.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-23-2013, 09:50 AM
I liked how they brought back the F-ray.
I'm a sucker for continuity stuff.

oyabun
Thu, 08-29-2013, 08:14 AM
We had some quality love for Zoiberg this time. He or it deserve it.

Sapphire
Thu, 08-29-2013, 11:38 AM
This was an amazing episode, too! Clearly, they saved the best for last.

Lucifus
Thu, 08-29-2013, 06:42 PM
I must admit; these last two episode's were just spectacular. Well done Futurama, they hit me right in the childhood.

Sapphire
Fri, 08-30-2013, 12:36 AM
It's like they went down to Simpsons tier, then came back up just to prove they could.

Or to make a crapload from DVD sales, and be uncancelled again?! :o

oyabun
Fri, 08-30-2013, 07:31 AM
Yea.. The episode about Fry's mom and this episode makes me remember what I love about Futurama and the Simpsons. Really great show.

Sapphire
Thu, 09-12-2013, 01:21 PM
What an insane series finale.