PDA

View Full Version : What other fora do you read?

Stitch
Tue, 06-09-2009, 02:28 PM
First and foremost, fora is the pluralization of singular forum. Since we've got that base covered, what other fora do you read?

I read NeoGAF. I used to post there too, before I got banned three times in a row for trolling people and backseat modding the mods.

The only other fora I read are Slashdot and Youtube comments. I always post anonymously on Slashdot because it saves me the trouble of having to register. That's why 4chan works great too.

Kraco
Tue, 06-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Mangatraders. I used to also frequent Boxtorrents and Yesy, but Boxtorrents always felt too big and devoid of certain kind of longevity. You know, when after a year or two you realise the same kinds of threads are always being created again and again time after time. Yesy's forum naturally began to die when the group pretty much died. I only kept visiting it, because certain series that gained no discussion here were under scrutiny over there.

In addition to that I frequent a couple of game editing forums I won't be disclosing here.

That's pretty much it these days.

itadakimasu
Tue, 06-09-2009, 04:13 PM
I frequent mmajunkie.com and occasionally tomshardware.com

Marik
Tue, 06-09-2009, 04:17 PM
IGN Boards, GameFAQs, and HowardForums to name a few.

darkshadow
Tue, 06-09-2009, 05:29 PM
i post at gamefaqs and gamersyde, and I read gametrailers forum even though it makes me lose braincells everytime I do.

Board of Command
Tue, 06-09-2009, 11:32 PM
RedFlagDeals - Canadian deal hunting forum
RealGM - basketball; used to post but now I just lurk

Some old ones that I no longer visit:
Anandtech - too many noobs
HardOCP - too many idiots
Animesuki - a bit "too much" going on; too fast

Assertn
Wed, 06-10-2009, 01:14 AM
Apparently you don't read this forum cause then you'd know this thread already existed ::awesome::

Nah but seriously though...forums are too distracting/addictive, I mostly just hang around here when I'm at work.

Xrlderek
Wed, 06-10-2009, 02:36 AM
Darkfall forums when I am bored. I don't even play the game but forumfall is the true game either way.

Penner
Wed, 06-10-2009, 05:05 AM
Mainly Blizzard's Battle.net forums, mostly the Diablo3 & Starcraft2 ones.

Sometimes PreToMe's forums (PreToMe is a private torrent tracker)

And i have read a little on GameTrailers forums on a few very rare occasions, mostly when something interesting pops up under the "Forum Topics/News" column on their start page.

Stitch
Wed, 06-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Apparently you don't read this forum cause then you'd know this thread already existed

Oh, snap. You right, you right.

Actually, I did a search for "fora" and got no results.

http://people.freebsd.org/~keramida/grammar-nazi.jpg

XanBcoo
Wed, 06-10-2009, 02:31 PM
I read the forums for the Gunnerkrigg Court and Dinosaur Comics webcomics.

I also used to go to Narutofan to discuss the Naruto English dub. Then I realized dealing with the morons there wasn't worth the effort.

I also browse SomethingAwful. Don't wanna drop the 10 bux do actually join though.

Nadouku
Fri, 06-12-2009, 07:53 AM
I frequent GameFAQs in hopes of getting my question answered or answering other people's questions. I get fast results. :D

BioAlien
Fri, 06-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Read?
Gotwoot and Fakku.
(Lurking in the shadows without logging in)

Post?
Rarely on both. :o

If SlashDot comments count, then that in "read" too, not registered though.

Animeniax
Sat, 06-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Apparently you don't read this forum cause then you'd know this thread already existed ::awesome::

Nah but seriously though...forums are too distracting/addictive, I mostly just hang around here when I'm at work.
I think I started the previous thread. stitch just likes to ride my coattails and get my sloppy seconds.