PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime Summer 2009

RyougaZell
Tue, 06-09-2009, 11:15 AM
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_summer-2009-v2-export.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/summer-2009-v2-export.jpg)
Click to enlarge

Personally... apart from Spice and Wolf II the season seems a bit poor. Canaan seems it may be a bit interesting.

Any series of this list that may interest anybody here? I know for a fact several will be happy to see more Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei at least.

Nadouku
Tue, 06-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Looks like a selection of animes that I'll be interested in this season. I still can't believe Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is still airing! :p

RyougaZell
Tue, 06-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Scratch what I said about only 'Spice and Wolf II' and 'Cannaan' interesting me.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 looks promising. It will take Eden of the East slot btw.

Nadouku: Care to share what interested you?

Penner
Tue, 06-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Cobra: Rokunin no Yushi and NEEDLESS.

Other than that...maybe Bakemonogatari..i do like vampires ^_^

Dark Dragon
Tue, 06-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Saint Seiya: Lost Canvas and the new negima OVA are the only thing that interested me at the moment, but regios pleasantly surprised me last season so i'm going to be optimistic.

I'm sad that we're only getting a new negima OVA instead of a faithful anime adaptation :(. My dream of seeing the festival arc animated is never going to happened, but at least we'll get to see the magic world arc with this one.

Paulyboy
Tue, 06-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Bakemonogatari seems alright, I love vampires and there hasn't been any bad ass vampire animes in a while. And Saint Seiya looks interesting.

Xrlderek
Tue, 06-09-2009, 12:35 PM
I'll probably only watch Bakemonogatari and Umineko no Naku Koro ni. I might watch Spice and Wolf II.

MFauli
Tue, 06-09-2009, 01:16 PM
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_summer-2009-v2-export.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/summer-2009-v2-export.jpg)
Click to enlarge

Personally... apart from Spice and Wolf II the season seems a bit poor. Canaan seems it may be a bit interesting.

It cant get poorer than the current season...oh well, lets see what we get

edit: ok, looks really bad. at least an Aika-special, more panty shots yeah. and something utawarerumono, nice.

Kraco
Tue, 06-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I have to say that when looking at that list, it doesn't look like an awfully busy anime summer. Though the Special/OVA list does have some interesting names I'll most definitely check out. Of the regular series, aside from the obvious S&WII, I'll probably initially have a look at least at Tokyo Magnitude, Canaan, Bakemonogatari (being a vampire fan), and maybe Needless. No doubt I will end up watching some others as well, but only time will tell.

Ryllharu
Tue, 06-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Definitely:

Spice and Wolf II - How could I not?
Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Same creators as Higurashi, so there is no doubt.

Probably:

CANAAN - sounds interesting anyway
NEEDLESS - Need a shonen series to hold me off until more Index shows up.
Princess Lover! - Delicious harem anime trash.

Maybe:

Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou - sounds like a cross between Index and Kara no Kyoukai (Tohko's part of it anyway). Might be a bad ripoff, might be okay.

Pandadice
Tue, 06-09-2009, 04:07 PM
oh yeah, i remember seeing the v1 of this. season looks kinda dry, but it's probably for the better since i'll be catching up on spring shows anyways...

definitely Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. I thought that was a movie for the longest time, but then i learned it was a TV series and I had no idea how I assumed it was a movie.. anyways, it looks super good.

maybe Canaan
Element Hunters looks like it has potential, but I'll just have to gauge how shounen it is I guess.
I'll probably wait 'til Spice & Wolf II finishes, then marathon it all at once.
Needless looks pretty interesting
Kanamemo's display picture on the v1 looked super cute, so I'll probably check that out
Seitokai no Ichizon looks like it could be good. though the art looks like H2O art, which I couldn't stand.. so again, I'll just have to assess it when it premieres.
I'll probably check out Hetalia Axis Powers just because I'm watching the first season.
and Kawa no Hikari looks like it could be interesting.

so uh, if I mentioned the title in this post, I'll most likely check it out.

Nadouku
Tue, 06-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Nadouku: Care to share what interested you?

Certainly. :D

Aside from Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, I will probably be watching Spice & Wolf II, Aoi Hana, and Minami-Ke OAD. Don't take my word for it, I'll probably be watching all of them.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-09-2009, 07:36 PM
The reason why there doesn't seem to be a lot of new shows coming out is because a lot of the relatively good shows (Cross Game, Phantom, Guin, Pandora Hearts etc) airing this season will continue during summer. Still, more than half the shows don't seem to be worth watching. The couple that I will definitely watch are:

Spice and Wolf - Holo is in the top 5 of my favorite anime characters.
Umineko no naku koro ni - Big fan of Higurashi, and mystery in general.
Canaan
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Bakemonogatari - Vampire? As long as it isn't as bad as RxV anime, I'm in.
Aoi Hana
Taishou Yakyuu Musume - I have a feeling that these last two will surprise people.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Not a terribly exciting season, but who knows, maybe a few dark horse shows will prove themselves.

Currently interested in:

Spicy Wolf 2
CANAAN

Maybe:

Seitokai no Ichizon
Princess Lover!
Umi Monogatari
NEEDLESS

Actual promotional material, especially music and art style could, and often does, change my lineup completely, so I'll wait and see.

If not, this might give me an opportunity to catch up on ~247GB of stuff in my backlog. If anything, I might dig in there for Zetsubou Sensei so I can watch the second run.

animus
Tue, 06-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Seems like a rather bland line up.

Spice and Wolf 2 is a definite.

Bakemonogatari sounds rather interesting.

Tokyo Magnitude produced by BONES, so it should be pretty good hopefully.

Pandadice
Tue, 06-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Aoi Hana
Taishou Yakyuu Musume - I have a feeling that these last two will surprise people.

dude, I kinda feel like checking both of those out just because they're JC Staff, and I love Hatsukoi so much.

they do both sound interesting. the one's like a high school scene, and then the other is a 1920's female baseball story? I can see potential in them both.

Board of Command
Tue, 06-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Spice and Wolf 2
Canaan
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Bakemonogatari

Everything else will depend on general reception.

Archangel
Thu, 06-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Yay for hellsing ultimate and the second season of kodomo no Jikan

I remember watching saint seya as a kid ( cavaleiros do zodiaco ), i might give it another look so i can understand this new OVA better

Pandadice
Thu, 06-11-2009, 02:14 PM

it's not that KnJ is getting a second season this summer, it's just that the third and final OVA, which are kinda representing a second season, will be released this summer. There's already 3 OVAs out that continue the manga's story on from where the TV series left off.

RyougaZell
Thu, 06-11-2009, 03:12 PM

I remember watching saint seya as a kid ( cavaleiros do zodiaco ), i might give it another look so i can understand this new OVA better

Its not a new Ova Archie. Its the animated version of Lost Canvas, the prequel that takes place 300 years prior to the Current Saint Seiya (Caballeros del Zodiaco).

The only known characters are Libra Dohko and Aries Shion. All the rest is a new cast.

And yes... Pegasus is still the main character (Pegasus Tenma)

Archangel
Thu, 06-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Am i correct about the hellsing ultimate OVA at least? xD

David75
Thu, 06-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Spice and Wolf will probably get me interrested.

Zan Zetsubo sensei.. I think there was an OVA I didn't even try, in fact I didn't like Zoku that much and lost interrest in Zetsubo.

Another Saint Seiya OVA? I hope we'll get good raws and then subs. I had mixed feelings of the new generation animation. Some images were very interresting, but scenari lacked content or fresh air.

Oh, and if you find a very good comedy, one to roll on the floor laughing, do not hesitate to mention it ;)

Ryllharu
Wed, 06-24-2009, 04:38 PM
RandomC's usual detailed preview (with promo videos):

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009/06/24/summer-2009-preview/

Upon review, I'll probably try:

Umi Monogatari ~Anata ga Itekureta Koto~ (reminds me more of Daphne in the Brilliant Blue than anything else)
CANAAN
Spice and Wolf II
Princess Lover!
Umineko no Naku Koro ni

and

Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou to hold me off until more Index comes out.

Marik
Wed, 06-24-2009, 04:57 PM
After reading that, I'll check out

Aoi Hana - Sweet Blue Flowers
Taishou Yakyuu Musume.
Princess Lover!
Sora no Manimani

Testarossa Autodrive
Wed, 06-24-2009, 06:41 PM
The only thing I'm looking forward to is the next Dogs OVA. Kinda sad, though. I wish there was at least one more anime I could get interested in... T_T

Archangel
Wed, 06-24-2009, 07:01 PM
From the directors of Type-Moon???

CANAAN is now on my must watch list

TheBladeChild
Wed, 06-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Canaan
Spice and Wolf...that is all

Archangel
Wed, 06-24-2009, 07:22 PM
I might give the first spice and wolf a look too, so i can follow the sequel

Oniken
Wed, 06-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Generic Perverted Young Girl Anime B
http://somesiteyouwontclick.jp/
Premiere on whenever, 2009
Airtime in Japan (JST, GMT+9): Wednesdays at 25:30
Airtime in U.S. (EDT, GMT-4): Wednesdays at 12:30
This story is about a young girl (start fapping!) in a school full of other young girls (fap fap fap) and features lots of upskirt shots and boob jiggling. Some voice actress Seiyu jeiyu voodoo hoho from some other faptastic anime is doing the voice of some person so this should be very interesting.
Odds I’ll Blog This: FAP

Click to see some boobs ▼

That's what I read :D

I'll be checking out Spice and Wolf and Tokyo Magnitude 8.

darkshadow
Wed, 06-24-2009, 09:48 PM
All of these shows sound pretty boring, cept for Bakemonogatari. Which I'll prolly watch after its done.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 06-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Definites:

Aoi Hana - Sweet Blue Flowers (YURI YEY)
Taishou Yakyuu Musume (maybe some YURI)
CANAAN
Spice and Wolf II
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Bakemonogatari

Or so I say, but I will end up watching all of them save magical girl shows or yaoi.

RyougaZell
Wed, 06-24-2009, 11:58 PM
LOL... even with the videos... nothing changed for me.
Interested in CANAAN, Spice and Wolf II and Tokyo Magnitude 8

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Not a terribly exciting season, but who knows, maybe a few dark horse shows will prove themselves.

Currently interested in:

Spicy Wolf 2
CANAAN

Maybe:

Seitokai no Ichizon
Princess Lover!
Umi Monogatari
NEEDLESS

Now the list is more like:

Spicy Wolf 2
CANAAN
Umi Monogatari
Aoi Hana
Bakemonogatari

Maybe:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

I'll probably pick up some longer running series from last season that I missed, like Pandora Hearts.

Pandadice
Fri, 07-03-2009, 02:56 AM
mm well after reading through the randomc list, I've lost some interest..

I saw a lot of potential in Element Hunters at first, but that pv was just too much of a turn off.. I figured it could be cool, but I still kinda figured it'd be kiddy. and I'd say that pv definitely came across kiddy. definitely a saturday morning kids show.

Aoi Hana, it said was gonna have shoujo ai? well, I liked candy boy, but I don't think I'm gonna like this... if it's just childhood friends-high school life-shoujo ai, then I'm definitely gonna pass on that.

and Needless looks way too shounen for me. and those types of shows can be okay, or even good. But there's just too much else I wanna watch to bother with something that looks so generic.

however it definitely sold me on Bakemonogatari, and Canaan.

and here's a v3 of the season shows.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4168/summer2009v3.th.jpg (http://img6.imageshack.us/i/summer2009v3.jpg/)

looks like Seitokai no Ichizon is gonna be in the fall :\.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-03-2009, 08:39 AM
So far, Aoi Hana is nothing like Candy Boy. The assertive female lead is alright, but the other is a complete wimp. I can't see them cracking up good jokes, or capable of the fun chemistry Yuki-nee and Kana-chan cook up.

Plus, there's no stalking loli.

The only direction it could go is to be romance based.

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-03-2009, 08:42 AM
A big WTF/Nosebleed thanks to the Needless Ending video

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009/07/03/needless-ed-get-your-kleenex-ready/

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-03-2009, 09:00 AM
A big WTF/Nosebleed thanks to the Needless Ending video

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009/07/03/needless-ed-get-your-kleenex-ready/

lmao. Jaalin's blurb was funny.

Kraco
Fri, 07-03-2009, 09:25 AM
I didn't know Needless is going to be yuri show... Hmph...

Or does the ED just have nothing to do with the show itself?

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-03-2009, 09:36 AM
I didn't know Needless is going to be yuri show... Hmph...

Or does the ED just have nothing to do with the show itself?

I'm positive the ED is completely random. Just take a look at their official website: http://needless.jp/

shinta|hikari
Fri, 07-03-2009, 09:36 AM
It doesn't seem yuri at all from episode 1.

Marik
Fri, 07-03-2009, 09:39 AM
It doesn't seem yuri at all from episode 1.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Kraco
Fri, 07-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Just take a look at their official website: http://needless.jp/

There are some really goofy clothes presented over there. Won't lose to Gurren Lagann at all in that respect.

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-03-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm sorry to hear that.

Me too.

So far the most interesting thing I've hear of Needless (without seeing the episode) is the Ending itself... :D