PDA

View Full Version : Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Pages : 1 [2]

MasterOfMoogles
Fri, 12-04-2009, 01:04 AM
Ronove = Genji seems to be pretty obvious at this point. This also gives us a way for "Genji" to "die" and not really be dead in the other games, similar to my theory about Kanon.

For Sakutarou being at the sailor's house, I would guess there are a couple possibilities.
One possibility seems to be that Rosa did all the design work and either submitted it to her company at some point or someone found her old designs. Eventually they mass-produced them.

If we want something more meaningful, it might be that Rosa actually repaired it and was planning on giving it back to her later. She brought it to the island and left it on the guy's boat, or something. This would mean that Rosa really did love Maria.

For the handwriting comparison, she seemed to comparing against the fancy cursive, which doesn't make much sense considering there was nothing with letters on the envelope. Though, looking at that page, I have a hard time believing Maria wrote all that pretty cursive (is it Latin? French? Italian?). I feel like "Beatrice" wrote stuff in Maria's book, and maybe she was confirming that "Beatrice" also wrote these letters. That seems to make the most sense.

Nobody has really brought up the money yet, which is quite an interesting development. Apparently Nanjo, Kumasawa, and Rudolf? (if Ange got it?) all got bank security deposit boxes sent to them.
I'm pretty much set on Nanjo being involved with almost all of the murders, so that makes sense. Kumasawa, I could see being bribed as well, and she is also part of the "fantasy" with her counterpart Virgilia.
The question is why would Ange get one? It's also interesting that Rudolf dies early in all except the game that has so many other oddities.

So, Genji = Ronove, Kumasawa = Virgilia, I wonder who Gaap is supposed to represent? Maybe Rosa, or Eva? If Eva went to go see George, and he picked #3, I could see her being angry enough to fight him. And since she taught him martial arts, even more the match.

Ryllharu
Thu, 12-10-2009, 05:32 AM
[gg] Umineko - 24 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=102943)

------------------------------------------

Does this mean that Ange and Battler aren't actually related, and she can live out her brother-complex without guilt?

This episode didn't really do too much for me. There wasn't even a 1998 section with Ange. I was really looking for confirmation that she found a repaired Sakutarou in that plastic bag. It only added a few questions here and there.

Battler and Beatrice's prior relationship: She's obviously lying again. If someone as dense as Battler saw (from that far away no less) that her eyes said he did something to her, and he doesn't remember it, but she's staying tight lipped on it. He obviously hurt her even further by not remembering it, whatever it is. Perhaps if he did remember, Beatrice's real identity would be all too easy for him to determine, if she is real at all.

For some reason, seeing Jessica's face get kicked off got to me a bit more than the prior murders have. There was just something about it, aside from the unreality of kicking someone's face off. The more simple the deaths in this series, the more gruesome they feel.

I get the feeling more and more that the one Battler and Ange should be facing off with isn't Beatrice, but Maria. She believes in Beatrice's existence more than anyone in her mission to escape reality and find a happier life. She's also the most unhappy, so she needs her to exist more than anyone else. I wonder if even when Battler defeats Beatrice, or Lambda gives up on her, that Beatrice won't really disappear. I think Maria is acting as a lynch pin for Beatrice to exist in this place. Particularly because she always escapes harm, the only exception being when Eva was in charge.

Xrlderek
Thu, 12-10-2009, 10:54 AM
I usually don't like to complain about how an anime compares to the respective visual novel, but they really cut a lot of scenes and changed things.. I won't comment further until the series is over, because they might have just moved stuff to later on, hopefully.

There is one thing I feel could be important though, in the VN, when Jessica was on the phone with Battler, she explained how her corpse would look. Not sure why they cut that. I don't really consider this a spoiler, as I don't see how they could manage to include it later.

As for the mystery, both Kyrie and Jessica are insisting on the culprits not being human, which is suspicious.

Other than that, the episode felt too rushed to really make me feel anything. Beatrice was great this episode though.

Ryllharu
Thu, 12-10-2009, 04:10 PM
I would probably hold back on going into great detail on how these event played out differently. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a second season of this, at least given how little they seem to have gotten into the 1998 stuff with Ange. I haven't (and won't) play the game, so I don't know if we're really close to the end or not, but given what they did with [the series which we cannot directly name], I'm guessing there will be a second season sometime in the near future. If it isn't shown here, it may show up then.

You're probably better off posting the differences in your VN thread (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=17337).

Xrlderek
Thu, 12-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Fair point, I will do that instead. They did include a "fixing" arc in Higurashi after all, they may do the same here.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-10-2009, 06:46 PM
I would probably hold back on going into great detail on how these event played out differently. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a second season of this, at least given how little they seem to have gotten into the 1998 stuff with Ange. I haven't (and won't) play the game, so I don't know if we're really close to the end or not, but given what they did with [the series which we cannot directly name], I'm guessing there will be a second season sometime in the near future. If it isn't shown here, it may show up then.

You're suggesting we might get an Umineko no Naku Koro ni Kai? That can't be a bad idea :D.

I wonder if there was a point to testing George and Jessica. They never said if they passed the test, nor did they see how well Battler and Maria fared before killing off people. Were they going to kill the rebellious one regardless?

If so, then it seemed like they wanted a puppet rather than a new head.

Ryllharu
Thu, 12-10-2009, 07:20 PM
They just didn't seem too fond of their answers. Jessica was a fail from the start, but Gaap accepted George's answer before he appended it by deciding to kill her first, which pissed her off.

Maria passed easily. I'm guessing her question was
1. Herself 2. Rosa 3. Everyone else

I bet she answered without any hesitation. Maybe she even suggested 2 and 3.

Goldsmith said he was surprised at how much she was like him, and I imagine he didn't expect her to be so brutal for her young age.

MasterOfMoogles
Fri, 12-11-2009, 01:43 AM
Very suspicious that everyone is trying hardcore to convince Battler of magic this time around. It is also interesting that the epitaph is completely ignored. It's interesting how even in the fantasy scenes, basically everybody was shot in the head with a gun.

Since Battler didn't witness any of these events, who knows what really happened, or if people died when it was suggested they did, if they died at all.

Since Battler could not say he was Asumu's son, but he could say that Ushiromiya Battler's mother was Asumu, then that could mean a couple things. First off, there is a 2nd Battler! Second, is Battler2 even necessarily a boy? I think it leaves it open. In which case, maybe in-game Beatrice is Battler2?

Battler actually witnessed a real person he didn't know this game. Unless it was one of the girls dressing up and doing some pretty good acting (Eva or Rosa could probably pull it off), this means there is definitely someone else running around this game.

I have a feeling that the majority of the murder sprees are for Maria's sake. Assuming Kinzo is dead at the beginning, then perhaps the servants are carrying out his will and trying to pick the heir?

Ryllharu
Thu, 12-17-2009, 05:21 AM
The shocking revelation of what "Uuuuu~" means!

[gg] Umineko - 25 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=104255)

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-17-2009, 08:09 AM
The shocking revelation of what "Uuuuu~" means!

[gg] Umineko - 25 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=104255)

I certainly have my doubts that "Uuuuu~" repeatedly will make someone happy, but it's the thought that counts I guess. Maybe it's worked in the past.

Toxin was a newly introduced term that got a few mentions. I don't have a clue what it is, only that it might be the key we're looking for in unraveling Beatrice's magic.

No idea how this will all be wrapped up in 24mins next time.

Ryllharu
Thu, 12-17-2009, 05:45 PM
I certainly have my doubts that "Uuuuu~" repeatedly will make someone happy, but it's the thought that counts I guess. Maybe it's worked in the past.After seeing what kind of magic that Maria believed in later on, I took a very different, and much darker take on that.

Ange mentioned that at first, Maria's magic was kind and gentle. But later on, she created the Purgatory Sisters, then progressed to giving classmates colds, injuring one until they died, then even killing a bunch of them all at once. The writing went from simple and plain, to angrily scratched around with dark colors.

Uuuuu~ the spell for, "Magic to make me always get along with my beloved mother."

If you remember all the times that Maria began to Uuu Uuu the most, it was usually when Rosa was being especially mean to her. Initially, we all thought it was crying, but now that this comes out, it means Maria was desperately trying one of two things. She was either trying to make Rosa stop being mean to her, or she was casting it on herself to make her not hate her mother. The wording of the, "make me," part of it leads me to believe it is the latter rather than the former.

We also recently saw Maria lose it, and no longer wish to maintain a good relationship with her mother. The book proves that Maria was already well on her way to becoming a monster, far worse than Rosa and maybe even worse than the young and evil Eva. That is if she hadn't already become one.

Ange recognized that the downward spiral of hate will only continue, so it is up to her to stop it. She was too young to realize that she could have helped Eva, and seems to regret that. So when Kasumi came to kill her, Ange took it all in, and only responded in defense after warning them not to shoot at her. They did not suffer, and even when the Eva Illusion had a gun explode in her face, Ange didn't let her suffer, she ended it mercifully.

Ange intends to reverse the cycle of hate, and prevent Maria (who may very well be causing all of this after all) from using evil magic. I'm still going to hope for a second season, but if they're going to do a quick and dirty ending, I can see them pulling it off.

MasterOfMoogles
Thu, 12-17-2009, 06:34 PM
All I have to say is, man, Amakusa is a great shot with the sniper rifle. He absolutely destroyed all those guys.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Umineko OST by Nipponsei (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Umineko%20no%20Naku%20Koro%20ni% 20Original%20Soundtrack.zip.torrent)

Xrlderek
Thu, 12-24-2009, 06:54 AM
Umineko 26 gg (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=105395)

I am currently trying to download through my mobile phone with HSDPA but I keep getting thrown off.. Hopefully the episode is good :)

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-24-2009, 10:17 AM
I didn't think this would happen.....stay tuned for Umineko no Naku Koro ni ...Kai!!

Umineko 26 gg (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=105395)

I am currently trying to download through my mobile phone with HSDPA but I keep getting thrown off.. Hopefully the episode is good :)

yes, the post ED scene made the ep SUPER GOOD (Kawaii!!!)

Battler being wrong was a fine way to set a cliffhanger though.

I'm not even going to try to figure this out.

Xrlderek
Thu, 12-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Are you a loli lover now? :)

I liked the episode, it was a good cliffhanger. Small bombs and simultaneous gunshots, haha. I have no clue about the last riddle. Only Battler is alive on the island but he is killed by something? A natural disaster perhaps? Lightning? Maybe a trap set by someone earlier on, while they were alive.

Archangel
Sun, 01-24-2010, 12:34 PM
That wasn't bad... but it certainly wasn't nearly as good as higurashi either

Well i'll look forward to a second season but won't expect much of it other than answers