PDA

View Full Version : Movie: The Hangover

itadakimasu
Fri, 06-05-2009, 10:49 PM
This is a MUST see. This movie was so funny pretty much from beginning to end. The last time I laughed that hard at a movie was Tropic Thunder.

Penner
Fri, 06-05-2009, 11:22 PM
I've only seen the trailer but it looked fucking hilarious, im so gonna see this ;P

itadakimasu
Sat, 06-06-2009, 11:45 PM
I think some people might see the trailer and immediately start thinking about "Dude, Where's my car?!" but it's not that type of movie at all. They did a good job. The whole theater was laughing most of the movie.

XanBcoo
Sun, 06-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Yeah, actually that's what I thought. This movie looks pretty dumb. Like a movie I only ever see on Comedy Central.

People keep telling me it looks funny, but all I see is another frat-monkey shit spectacle like Beerfest or Eurotrip, where the only laughs come from the "wacky" and totally improbable actions of the characters.

It looks like a movie my old roommate would enjoy, so I'll give it a pass. I'll withhold judgement until Comedy Central starts running it repeatedly on Saturday afternoons.

deadlydreamx
Sun, 06-07-2009, 11:16 PM
I saw it and i actually liked it. I went in thinking it was going to be an average college movie, but I did like it.

itadakimasu
Mon, 06-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Xan, you should probably wait til terminator salvation comes to comedy central too : )

If i'd seen this movie at midnight during the week like I did Terminator, I would have left the theater @ 2:30am satisfied.

Killa-Eyez
Mon, 06-08-2009, 08:06 AM
After seeing this movie my comment about it was; "Wtf did I just see!?!", in a good way.. :o

itadakimasu
Fri, 06-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Especially after seeing the stuff during the credits : )

I don't see too many really funny comedies. When I saw tropic thunder last year I wasn't prepared for how funny it ended up being, this was the same... I didn't really expect much but it was funny throughout.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 06-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Definitely worth seeing. One of those 'buddy' comedies that only come along every couple of years or so. Very funny, a lot of parts make you laugh your ass off. Go see it.

Raven
Sun, 06-21-2009, 02:24 AM
I seem to be alone on this but I really didn't think it was anything special. I chuckled a couple of times but I expected constant laughs from beginning to end and they just didn't come (for me). Most of the time the cinema was pretty quiet too. A few of the scenes feel like there should be a punchline, but then nothing happens and it moves on.

Pretty disappointed overall, but I don't regret seeing it.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 06-21-2009, 09:33 AM
I seem to be alone on this but I really didn't think it was anything special. I chuckled a couple of times but I expected constant laughs from beginning to end and they just didn't come (for me). Most of the time the cinema was pretty quiet too. A few of the scenes feel like there should be a punchline, but then nothing happens and it moves on.

Pretty disappointed overall, but I don't regret seeing it.

Could be a regional thing I suppose. You are from Australia right? Could be too much of the low low brow humor that us Americans are used to.

Raven
Sun, 06-21-2009, 11:04 AM
You'd be surprised how Americanized Australia is. We get all the same movies you guys do with a few local ones thrown in here and there. But generally speaking, culturally we're very similar, at least in regards to movies and other media.