PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 545

Marik
Fri, 06-05-2009, 03:42 AM
Franky-House

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rmj0uqdxn0z) - SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/k4wptj) - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TARAAIJ8) - Online Viewing (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/545/01)

Augury
Fri, 06-05-2009, 06:39 AM
Hm... Magellan is proving to be tougher than expected. No sign of Blackbeard either... I wonder what will happen with all the poisoned characters.

Looks like the cover stories are going to be rather short. This could have dire repercussions on Sanji's personality (!)

RyougaZell
Fri, 06-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Sanji probably learnt Okama-Kenpo. But... will he remain an Okama? Lolz
Robin is ready to escape. Nice.

They said 14 small stories. Two are of Sanji and one of Robin. Does that mean most of them will get 2 covers and some just 1?

Magellan is indeed powerful... and as hard as it seems for him to be defeated... I don't like the fact they keep escaping and leaving powerful opponents behind undefeated (Kizaru, Sentomarou, Kuma, Magellan)

Loved the reaction of Mr3 and Buggy upon seeing Crocodile and Jimbei alongside Luffy.

poopdeville
Fri, 06-05-2009, 12:40 PM
A lot of stuff happened this chapter. Looks like Iva-chan and Crab-chan are dead.

According to the narrator, Shiryuu betrayed the Marines. He's going to have to join a pirate crew or die.

Assertn
Fri, 06-05-2009, 12:44 PM
This is one piece, so obviously ivankov and inasuma won't die. My guess is that Blackbeard's power will allow him to suck out the poison from everything, and he is going to undo all the damage Magellan did.

poopdeville
Fri, 06-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Somebody's been reading too much Naruto....

Assertn
Fri, 06-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Being cured is nowhere near the level of being resurrected. Besides, if that wasn't in BB's capacity to do so, then how would he be able to save even himself and his crew?

RyougaZell
Fri, 06-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Being cured is nowhere near the level of being resurrected. Besides, if that wasn't in BB's capacity to do so, then how would he be able to save even himself and his crew?

I agree.
There is simply too much hype behind BlackBeard for he to die just like that. He'll probably say some thing along the words of 'dreams' (as he told Luffy before Sky Island) and save them. Then go an fulfill his purpose. I don't think it was Shinryuu, otherwise he would have left with him before.

poopdeville
Fri, 06-05-2009, 06:08 PM

Did his crew get splattered? I didn't notice. (Ha, yes I did, I just forgot. Good point)

I figured he would touch Magellan, negate his power, and punch him in the face until Magellan keeled over, like I imagined he did with Ace...

Edit: I also noticed Blackbeard said his plan wasn't going smoothly, when he was talking to Crocodile last chapter. (I mention it since everybody seems interested in Blackbeard)

But come to think of it, Blackbeard's plan doesn't seem so great to me. Unless the Dark-Dark fruit has another "fundamental" power, like the one Assertn suggested. Merely suppressing other Devil's Fruits isn't the amazing power it first appears -- Garp and Raleigh can do it too.

I am not denying that Blackbeard (or Garp or Raleigh) are epically strong. I'm just saying it's weird that Blackbeard would base his plan around what other people can already do.

boilerph
Fri, 06-05-2009, 08:13 PM
There's a big difference in totally suppressing a person's powers and just being able to override them and make contact. Only Blackbeard and ocean/sea-stone have shown an ability to actually suppress powers. If you completely take away a fruit users abilties most of them are going to be completely worthless. They rely on the fruit and have almost no real combat ability of their own. Think of Crocodile and Moria, they wouldn't have been a challenge for Usopp if they didn't have their fruit abilities much less anyone else in the crew. Even Kizaru and Aokiji seem like they would be insanely weak without their abilities.

Assertn
Fri, 06-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Ace was considered respectably strong before he got his power, and did Blackbeard scar Shanks before he got his power?

UChessmaster
Fri, 06-05-2009, 09:30 PM
I thought he got the scar from Mihawk?

poopdeville
Fri, 06-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Nope, he told Whitebeard that Blackbeard gave it to him.

boilerph
Sat, 06-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Ace was considered respectably strong before he got his power, and did Blackbeard scar Shanks before he got his power?

Of course there are some exceptions. They even went out of their way to point out that Ace was a great fighter before getting a devil's fruit and had Blackbeard's marksman comment on his actual fighting ability. Still, I would feel confident saying that 80-85% of fruit users would be henchmen level at best without their powers.

Assertn
Sat, 06-06-2009, 07:32 PM
I still think Luffy could beat Magellan here and now. All he has to do is have Mr 3. create a candle over his arm like what they did against Minotaurus, and it should protect Luffy from the poison.

UChessmaster
Sat, 06-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Didn`t Mr.3 said he his candle can`t hold on much? plus luffy is kinda beat up at this point.

Assertn
Sat, 06-06-2009, 11:23 PM
His wax couldn't hold its form long when they were on level 3, because the heat was melting it. Now that they're on level 1, he shouldn't have that much trouble.

Also, Luffy is far from beaten up at this point. He's supercharged from Ivankov's hormone injection.

FireEmblem
Sun, 06-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Also if you think about it, doesn't Blackbeards fruit negate your Devil's Fruit power only if he's touching you? So when they mentioned Ace's strength without the fruit, it was probably also referring to his ability to take hits, since every time he was in Blackbeards hands, that's all he did. I'm sure there has to be quite a bit more characters that can take hits like that.

So far the yami-yami fruit seems powerful, but not as powerful as BB thinks it is. It really should be a combination of BB's already immense power in combination with the fruit that he acquired.

DeathscytheVII
Sun, 06-07-2009, 12:50 AM
I've always thought NO. 3 had pretty useless powers but against Megellan he may be the most effective, covering his body with wax could prevent the poison from touching him.

I wonder how you would beat Megallan? Throw a bunch of antibiotics or medicines at him? :p

UChessmaster
Sun, 06-07-2009, 01:08 AM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/545/18-19/

This is level 1 sir

Archangel
Sun, 06-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Also, Luffy is far from beaten up at this point. He's supercharged from Ivankov's hormone injection.

Yes, but Ivankov himself said that Luffy's body wouldn't be able to handle the poison a second time. Megalion

Archangel
Sun, 06-07-2009, 06:25 PM

Yes, but Ivankov himself said that Luffy's body wouldn't be able to handle the poison a second time. Magellan is either gonna be held up by Mr.3 or defeated by someone else, since Luffy just can't do it as he is right now.

I've always thought NO. 3 had pretty useless powers but against Megellan he may be the most effective, covering his body with wax could prevent the poison from touching him.

Shaping a substance as hard as steel to any shape you want hardly seems useless

And even with his wax armor he still needs to breathe so the poisonous fog will still get him

Assertn
Sun, 06-07-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm not saying Luffy should get hit by poison a second time, I'm saying he could've fought Magellan such that he wouldn't have been hit in the first place. He just used his bare fists without caring. Just because Luffy's been poisoned once before, he's still no more prone to dying from Magellan than all the other guys that have already been slimed.

Archangel
Sun, 06-07-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm not saying Luffy should get hit by poison a second time, I'm saying he could've fought Magellan such that he wouldn't have been hit in the first place. He just used his bare fists without caring. Just because Luffy's been poisoned once before, he's still no more prone to dying from Magellan than all the other guys that have already been slimed.

The way he said it, it made it sound as if Luffy's immune system was still to fragile to be able to handle the slightest contact with another round of poison

It just sounded that way to me, might be wrong

UChessmaster
Tue, 06-09-2009, 10:22 AM

I`m not following you... not getting hit is an overall good strategy in every fight.

The Chancellor
Tue, 06-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Also if you think about it, doesn't Blackbeards fruit negate your Devil's Fruit power only if he's touching you? So when they mentioned Ace's strength without the fruit, it was probably also referring to his ability to take hits, since every time he was in Blackbeards hands, that's all he did. I'm sure there has to be quite a bit more characters that can take hits like that.

So far the yami-yami fruit seems powerful, but not as powerful as BB thinks it is. It really should be a combination of BB's already immense power in combination with the fruit that he acquired.

Difference being that Teach knew nothing of Magellan and just stood there waiting to find out about him instead of using his power to fight him properly. Chances are he also just faked his defeat so Magellan would move on and leave him alone. No way is he out of commission after proclaiming something huge will happen in a few hours. Even for Oda that's rotten foreshadowing. Otherwise he'd just be saying that Magellan is his favorite current character and use him as a plow to just mow through everyone.

BB clearly isn't beaten yet. That would make all the build up for him pointless if he was beaten, stripped of his title and thrown in jail here. But the plan has still makes me wonder what it could be.

Also. I'm going to make a prediction. I think it's time for the last admiral to show up. This craziness is a good time to bring him in and show all three of the admirals once and for all. Most of all, all of these fruits that are "liquid" or logia based running around in the prison got me to thinking. Oda is going to use this as an opportunity to keep up with the logia fruits and show that the last one "red dog" or Akainu, has a logia fruit in accordance to his colored name. Something red. Keeping in fashion with Kizaru's light and yellow monkey, and Aokiji's blue pheasant ice theme.

The war is happening soon anyway, and I'm sure there are people getting sent there to help Magellan out handling the ex shichibukai. If anyone should be sent, it should be the admiral who upholds absolute justice out of the three in order to stop Luffy and try and keep Ace from him.

Archangel
Tue, 06-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Something red. Keeping in fashion with Kizaru's light and yellow monkey, and Aokiji's blue pheasant theme.

I've also given this some thought, especially since the mero mero fruit has already been revealed.

Maybe a lava fruit...?

The Chancellor
Tue, 06-09-2009, 06:17 PM
I've also given this some thought, especially since the mera mera fruit has already been revealed.

Maybe a lava fruit...?

I'm guessing lava yeah. And yea Aces fruit is already revealed. If it is though it'll kind of be a let down, if only in terms of being able to predict it from all of this watered down hype and ruin it like the whole Kizaru's light fruit ordeal that was beaten to death. But other than that it should be really interesting to see him in action using it.

Then again if Oda doesn't lava then what else can it be? Should be fun either way.

Assertn
Tue, 06-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Nobody is going to come to help Magellan. Shiryuu (is that his name?) already took out the communication station, so they are out of contact with the WG. Sending an admiral away from Marineford within hours of an impending war would be so ridiculously risky at this point, anyway.

I've also given this some thought, especially since the mero mero fruit has already been revealed.

Maybe a lava fruit...?
Mero mero, Hancock's ability, which converts a person's lust into an energy that turns them into stone? lol.... yeah that would've been my first guess too.

@uchessmaster: I think you've been confused throughout this whole thread.
Yes, but this is one of the few circumstances where a single hit is lethal for luffy. Even a single hit from Kizaru wasn't enough to kill any of the captains or zoro...that's the significance of this particular situation. The point of the wax is so Luffy can hit Magellan without taking damage.

The Chancellor
Tue, 06-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Nobody is going to come to help Magellan. Shiryuu (is that his name?) already took out the communication station, so they are out of contact with the WG. Sending an admiral away from Marineford within hours of an impending war would be so ridiculously risky at this point, anyway.

Mero mero, Hancock's ability, which converts a person's lust into an energy that turns them into stone? lol.... yeah that would've been my first guess too.

@uchessmaster: I think you've been confused throughout this whole thread.
Yes, but this is one of the few circumstances where a single hit is lethal for luffy. Even a single hit from Kizaru wasn't enough to kill any of the captains or zoro...that's the significance of this particular situation.

A) Kizaru never hit Zoro, so we'll never know how that would've played out. And Hawkins didn't even use his own body for one of the strongest hits from Kizaru. He busted out that voodoo crap and picked off two of his crewmates.

B) Just because the communication system has been destroyed, doesn't mean that someone hasn't already been sent. The chaos we've been reading for a few chapters now is something that has been going on for almost a full day. You don't think that the HQ would be notified and send someone strong to help clean the mess up before Shiryuu was released from his cell? Plus, it's only one admiral. We know Kizaru and Aokiji are already there waiting for the war to start. That's two admirals. I think the WG could do fine with 5 shichibukai and 2 admirals. In fact they could probably spank WB's crew.

Archangel
Tue, 06-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Mero mero, Hancock's ability, which converts a person's lust into an energy that turns them into stone? lol.... yeah that would've been my first guess too

Don't be a smartass, i obviously meant the Mera Mera no Mi (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Mera_Mera_no_Mi) :p

Assertn
Tue, 06-09-2009, 07:29 PM
A) Kizaru never hit Zoro, so we'll never know how that would've played out. And Hawkins didn't even use his own body for one of the strongest hits from Kizaru. He busted out that voodoo crap and picked off two of his crewmates.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/511/15/
"ZORO-SAN GOT HIT BY A BEAM"

I dunno why you are arguing that point, anyway, cause you know that Drake, Apoo, and that fallen monk guy got hit by Kizaru too.

B) Just because the communication system has been destroyed, doesn't mean that someone hasn't already been sent. The chaos we've been reading for a few chapters now is something that has been going on for almost a full day. You don't think that the HQ would be notified and send someone strong to help clean the mess up before Shiryuu was released from his cell? Plus, it's only one admiral. We know Kizaru and Aokiji are already there waiting for the war to start. That's two admirals. I think the WG could do fine with 5 shichibukai and 2 admirals. In fact they could probably spank WB's crew.
So basically you're saying that Oda introduced this literary plot twist for no reason, then? One recurring issue I've had in this forum for as long as I've been here are people who fail to observe critical plot details or shrug them off as unimportant. Also, when do you get the impression that its ok for the marines to remove 1/3 of their force's strongest power? Everybody's sweating over this war even with their firepower at its fullest.

Failure at marineford would be more devastating than failure at impel down. If marineford falls, then the world government will basically lose all influence it has.

The Chancellor
Tue, 06-09-2009, 08:37 PM
So basically you're saying that Oda introduced this literary plot twist for no reason, then? One recurring issue I've had in this forum for as long as I've been here are people who fail to observe critical plot details or shrug them off as unimportant. Also, when do you get the impression that its ok for the marines to remove 1/3 of their force's strongest power? Everybody's sweating over this war even with their firepower at its fullest.

Failure at marineford would be more devastating than failure at impel down. If marineford falls, then the world government will basically lose all influence it has. No, but he could be using it in a different way and more ways than one. At this point in the story (and Odas writing level) he could easily be mind fuck foreshadowing us. And he most likely is. I'm just saying that although he had Shiryuu destroy the communications station, there was:

A) more than one reason for it

B) a possible way for him to add to the story by the having station being destroyed too late and not letting it affect communications that could have already happened with the marines already.

Besides the only other thing you could be implying is that Shiryuu is going to have a bigger role in this whole mess that Odas getting himself into in the first place.

A third of their power? Are you seriously going to tell me that the three admirals alone are stronger than the gathered shichibukai? You really think that one admiral gone is going to make that much of a difference in this war?

Archangel
Tue, 06-09-2009, 08:43 PM
A third of their power? Are you seriously going to tell me that the three admirals alone are stronger than the gathered shichibukai? You really think that one admiral gone is going to make that much of a difference in this war?

Dude hmmm... quit while you're ahead

The Chancellor
Tue, 06-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Dude hmmm... quit while you're ahead Ok then? lol Is this what this Assert N guy does to people on here? Just belittles them and owns them royally in public on here? Is he the king of the one piece forums or something?

All I'm saying is that we need to consider that although logias are strong, it's one, admiral. Not the entire marine's force. They'll still have two logia users. And the fight hasn't even started yet. I don't think it'll start for another 2 chapters.

Assertn
Tue, 06-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Lol....owning people royally is why I stick around.

First of all, the schichibukai is not part of the marines, which was what I was stressing.

Second of all, Whitebeard had Ace, a logia user, and Ace was just one of multiple division captains. You don't think they could stand up to two admirals? And yes, the three admirals combined are probably at least equal to the combined force of everything else under the marines.

UChessmaster
Tue, 06-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Ok then? lol Is this what this Assert N guy does to people on here? Just belittles them and owns them royally in public on here? Is he the king of the one piece forums or something?

I agree with Assertn and Archangel on this one, seems obvious at this point someone will try to get some reinforcement in a critical moment and fail miserably.

Lord Assertn doesn`t belittles us, we are already aware how small we are compared to lord Assertn, lord Assertn doesn`t has to remind us, lord Assertn is GOD.

The Chancellor
Tue, 06-09-2009, 10:56 PM
First of all, the schichibukai is not part of the marines, which was what I was stressing.

Second of all, Whitebeard had Ace, a logia user, and Ace was just one of multiple division captains. You don't think they could stand up to two admirals? And yes, the three admirals combined are probably at least equal to the combined force of everything else under the marines. No, but they are practically hired guns by the WG and are here for situations like this against the whitebeard pirates.

And no I don't think they could stand up to two admirals. I'll give you that the admirals are 90% of the marines force, but in that same regard, 80% of whitebeards crew is cannon fodder. Even after captains 1-5, they probably don't even know any decent haki let alone have any fighting skills or fruits. Hell, I bet the man doesn't even have a logia user on his ship anymore. Ace was his only Ace in the hole. The only person I'm betting is close to taking on an admiral on even basis would be Marco, the first division captain.

Assertn
Tue, 06-09-2009, 11:04 PM
There's not much of a frame of reference for the yonkou crews, but one thing to note: When Shanks first opened talks with Whitebeard, he sent a newbie member of his crew, Rockstar, to relay the message. Rockstar had a $100M bounty. This guy was basically considered a joke by Whitebeard and his crew. Meanwhile, a certain pirate received a $100M bounty after defeating a former schichibukai, who previously had his own bounty of around $130M.

Luffy single-handedly defeated two schichibukai thus far, and could've defeated Hancock as well if they ever actually fought. At this point, I don't think Luffy is even ready to enter the new world yet, and you're indirectly implying he's stronger than 95% of Whitebeard's crew.

poopdeville
Tue, 06-09-2009, 11:58 PM
No, but they are practically hired guns by the WG and are here for situations like this against the whitebeard pirates.

And no I don't think they could stand up to two admirals. I'll give you that the admirals are 90% of the marines force, but in that same regard, 80% of whitebeards crew is cannon fodder. Even after captains 1-5, they probably don't even know any decent haki let alone have any fighting skills or fruits. Hell, I bet the man doesn't even have a logia user on his ship anymore. Ace was his only Ace in the hole. The only person I'm betting is close to taking on an admiral on even basis would be Marco, the first division captain.

That's all pointless speculation. In fact, I'd say it's pretty weak. A lot of guys were ambitious enough to keep standing during Shanks' visit.

Whitebeard is supposedly epically strong. He was strong enough to fight with Roger and live. That means, most likely, that he is as strong, or stronger, than Rayleigh, whom we saw fight and hurt a Marine Admiral alone.

If the World Government wasn't serious about taking Whitebeard down, they wouldn't have convened all of the Shichibukai. If the Marines could have killed Whitebeard without the Shichibukai's help, they would have.

Splash!
Wed, 06-10-2009, 11:50 AM
There is no doubt that the 3 admirals are the strongest force within the marines. But I wouldn't go as far as saying that a single admiral represents approximately 1/3rd of their strength. Let us not ignore the vice admirals. Yes, the ones during the buster call seemed pretty lousy but there are also people like Garp. Remember that Aokiji used to be a vice admiral for some time, even with his ice logia powers. This suggests that there might be some very powerful vice admirals out there (possible admirals in training).

Then there are people like Smoker, Sentoumaru (dunno if he can be considered a marine) and very special scientist named Vegapunk (his creations must contribute signifcantly to their forces)

Although we have seen the strength of an admiral, we still don't know what some of the other marine elites are capable of. I wouldn't write them off as cannon fodder.

Lastly if the pirates have Whitebeard, the marines have fleet admiral Sengoku.

I honestly don't think Whitebeard has a very good chance of winning. Besides, it would be kind of dumb if the World Government were toppled at this point. It would make the efforts of the revolutionaries pointless.

boilerph
Wed, 06-10-2009, 01:34 PM
. Besides, it would be kind of dumb if the World Government were toppled at this point. It would make the efforts of the revolutionaries pointless.

I disagree there. I think the revolutionaries will play a part in this battle and help to not necessarily topple, but majorly weaken the WG. It has been stated before that the Yonkou are the ones that rule the "new world". I think this battle will serve as a trasitioning point from the main antagonists being the WG and their Shichibukai to the pirates that inhabit and run the new world.

Splash!
Wed, 06-10-2009, 05:17 PM
I disagree there. I think the revolutionaries will play a part in this battle and help to not necessarily topple, but majorly weaken the WG. It has been stated before that the Yonkou are the ones that rule the "new world". I think this battle will serve as a trasitioning point from the main antagonists being the WG and their Shichibukai to the pirates that inhabit and run the new world.

I think Blackbeard is going to pull of something that will drastically change the face of the situation completely. I seriously doubt this is going to boil down to one big battle royale with every major faction in the series getting involved at this stage.

Also the World Government is not stupid. Blackbeard may have captured Ace, but they are the ones who decided to execute him. I don't think it is their intention to bite off more than they can chew. They must have something planned. Remember how they were trying to acquire all those ancient weapons.
Also, I don't think they are completely unaware of the relationship between Dragon and Ace. Garp does seem to be pretty loyal to the marines after all, I doubt he has kept Sengoku in the dark about a detail that could very well collapse the organization he has dedicated his entire life to.

Either way, I don't think any of this will matter when Blackbeard pulls the curtains.

Splash!
Wed, 06-10-2009, 05:17 PM
bah, double post... please delete

Assertn
Thu, 06-11-2009, 07:44 PM
It seemed obvious to me that the WG would win and WB would lose, if for nothing else, due to all the foreshadowing. I agree, it would be far too anti-climactic for it to be any other way. However, with Blackbeard's omen thrown into the mix, I think it will be more complicated than this. I still think WB will be defeated, but its possible that Blackbeard may arise in his place, to become a new Yonkou. This could also cripple WG's influence, while still keeping plenty of challenges to come for the strawhats.

FireEmblem
Fri, 06-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Difference being that Teach knew nothing of Magellan and just stood there waiting to find out about him instead of using his power to fight him properly. Chances are he also just faked his defeat so Magellan would move on and leave him alone. No way is he out of commission after proclaiming something huge will happen in a few hours. Even for Oda that's rotten foreshadowing. Otherwise he'd just be saying that Magellan is his favorite current character and use him as a plow to just mow through everyone.

BB clearly isn't beaten yet. That would make all the build up for him pointless if he was beaten, stripped of his title and thrown in jail here. But the plan has still makes me wonder what it could be.

Also. I'm going to make a prediction. I think it's time for the last admiral to show up. This craziness is a good time to bring him in and show all three of the admirals once and for all. Most of all, all of these fruits that are "liquid" or logia based running around in the prison got me to thinking. Oda is going to use this as an opportunity to keep up with the logia fruits and show that the last one "red dog" or Akainu, has a logia fruit in accordance to his colored name. Something red. Keeping in fashion with Kizaru's light and yellow monkey, and Aokiji's blue pheasant ice theme.

The war is happening soon anyway, and I'm sure there are people getting sent there to help Magellan out handling the ex shichibukai. If anyone should be sent, it should be the admiral who upholds absolute justice out of the three in order to stop Luffy and try and keep Ace from him.

I'm not saying that BB got beat already and will go to prison and that's that. That would be so weird and dumb if that was the case. All I'm saying is that he's probably overstating his power and abilities as far as the fruit goes. He was a beast before he got the fruit, it's really THAT combination that makes him deadly!

poopdeville
Sat, 06-13-2009, 02:33 AM
I am a fan of sudden pwnings. I hope Blackbeard is toast. It would fit his personality.

Assertn
Sat, 06-13-2009, 09:22 AM
there's good sudden ownings, and bad sudden ownings.

Wapol being sent flying off the going merry after his dramatic entrance was epic.
Even Wapol's final battle vs Luffy was great, considering that he was never even given the chance to utilize his own armory.

The Chancellor
Sat, 06-13-2009, 02:12 PM
there's good sudden ownings, and bad sudden ownings.

Wapol being sent flying off the going merry after his dramatic entrance was epic.
Even Wapol's final battle vs Luffy was great, considering that he was never even given the chance to utilize his own armory. So then what would be a bad sudden one? You can't just say there are good ones and bad ones and just give a good example.

@ poopdeville: Your entire argument built on the fact that blackbeard became a douchbag faster than anyone else in the series. Which, IMHO he isn't. Pirates are supposed to be douchebags and act just he does. Shanks, the SH's crew and other "nice" style pirates, are one of the things (many things but that's a whole other topic) that water the series down and ruin it. And blackbeard helped Luffy by not killing him in these last chapters. On top of that, Ace didn't even know that blackbeard was going after Luffy until he told him back on Banaro Islan. He was just hunting him down in general for betraying and killing whitebeards 4th captain. Which is another by product of one of the series "nice" Yonkou crews. Oda didn't even have the decency to tell us if Ace was friends with the 4th captain.

Archangel
Sat, 06-13-2009, 02:18 PM
So then what would be a bad sudden one? You can't just say there are good ones and bad ones and just give a good example.

When Shinobu Sensui got suddenly owned by Yusuke Urameshi's demon form

When Sasuke handed naruto his ass on a platter on shippuden

When mystic gohan knocked the stupid off of super boo

When super boo with gotenks absorved knocked the stupid off mystic gohan

Give me a few minutes and i may come up with more

poopdeville
Sat, 06-13-2009, 02:20 PM
I didn't make an argument, I stated a preference... but are you commenting on what I said about "fitting Blackbeard's personality"? If so, all I meant is that Blackbeard has the Will of D, and is always going on and on about how a man's worth is measured by his destiny. The Blackbeard Pirates are probably the most fatalistic crew (that is, they believe in fate) we've seen. Blackbeard would (probably) happily die while trying to become Pirate King.

It's okay by me if a strong dude with the same dream as Luffy gets pwned. It's not so easy to become Pirate King.

UChessmaster
Sat, 06-13-2009, 04:55 PM
When Shinobu Sensui got suddenly owned by Yusuke Urameshi's demon form

When Sasuke handed naruto his ass on a platter on shippuden

When mystic gohan knocked the stupid off of super boo

When super boo with gotenks absorved knocked the stupid off mystic gohan

Give me a few minutes and i may come up with more

When Magellan beat Blackbeard >>

Assertn
Sat, 06-13-2009, 11:38 PM
When Magellan beat Blackbeard >>
yeah, i was referring to poopdeville's "magellan beating blackbeard" comment

toonice714
Sat, 06-13-2009, 11:46 PM
every krillin entrance to a fight....ever lol

Archangel
Sun, 06-14-2009, 07:33 AM
yeah, i was referring to poopdeville's "magellan beating blackbeard" comment

I wouldn't consider that a bad sudden owning because i don't believe that Blackbeard got owned at all

My guess is he will absorb the poison using his darkness

Assertn
Sun, 06-14-2009, 10:15 AM
I wouldn't consider that a bad sudden owning because i don't believe that Blackbeard got owned at all

My guess is he will absorb the poison using his darkness
guys...please follow the thread before you make comments.

Poopdeville's comment said he'd be perfectly fine with BB dying right then and there, and my response was that, although I'm in favor of sudden, unexpected deaths, this would be a bad instance of one if it happened.

I've been saying that BB will absorb the poison for weeks now.

Archangel
Sun, 06-14-2009, 10:37 AM
guys...please follow the thread before you make comments.

Poopdeville's comment said he'd be perfectly fine with BB dying right then and there, and my response was that, although I'm in favor of sudden, unexpected deaths, this would be a bad instance of one if it happened.

I've been saying that BB will absorb the poison for weeks now.

Gah... you're right -_-

Sorry for reading it out of context

The Chancellor
Sun, 06-14-2009, 08:50 PM
There's not much of a frame of reference for the yonkou crews, but one thing to note: When Shanks first opened talks with Whitebeard, he sent a newbie member of his crew, Rockstar, to relay the message. Rockstar had a $100M bounty. This guy was basically considered a joke by Whitebeard and his crew. Meanwhile, a certain pirate received a $100M bounty after defeating a former schichibukai, who previously had his own bounty of around $130M.

Luffy single-handedly defeated two schichibukai thus far, and could've defeated Hancock as well if they ever actually fought. At this point, I don't think Luffy is even ready to enter the new world yet, and you're indirectly implying he's stronger than 95% of Whitebeard's crew. I'll give you the first paragraph, but not the second one. He would not have defeated Hancock. Luffy's haki is still in infancy. Even Zoro's is stronger. On top of that, you yourself said Luffy isn't ready to go into the new world yet. When hancock came back, she was coming back from the new world. Doesn't that tell you that not only is she a shichibukai (and worthy of it) but she has one of the strongest hakis in the series other than a Yonkou captain, or Rayleigh?

And I'm not implying that Luffy's strong or weak. I just think that the people that passed out on whitebeards head ship, were an indicator of something. Think about it, if everyone on his isn't able to withstand Shanks presence, then that should tell you that the people on the other 16 ships he has are weaker. Maybe that captains can withstand Shanks presence, but not the crewman under them.

poopdeville
Sun, 06-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Crocodile's bounty was 80 million berries. I don't know if he ever made it to the New World, but I suspect he did not. (Likely, he was looking for Pluton in order to do just that -- just my opinion here though)

Luffy's bounty was raised to 100 million berries because the WG thought it was bad that he was going around saving people from pirates and marines. Basically, they see Luffy as a revolutionary -- especially since he declared war on the government at Enies Lobby.

Tyreal
Mon, 06-15-2009, 07:25 AM
Speaking of revolutionaries I can't believe no one has mentioned yet that a possible former member of CP9 was on the cover rescuing Robin. If you look to the right hand side of the cover you see someone who looks like they have a giraffe devils fruit. In other words Kaku from CP9, since each devils fruit is unique. Also Robin seems to have a look of surprise on her face, which I think hints at the fact that CP9 has joined the revolutionaries. Although it's possible that it isn't Kaku, IMO it would be strange for Oda to put a giraffe there if it wasn't.

Archangel
Mon, 06-15-2009, 07:35 AM
Speaking of revolutionaries I can't believe no one has mentioned yet that a possible former member of CP9 was on the cover rescuing Robin. If you look to the right hand side of the cover you see someone who looks like they have a giraffe devils fruit. In other words Kaku from CP9, since each devils fruit is unique. Also Robin seems to have a look of surprise on her face, which I think hints at the fact that CP9 has joined the revolutionaries. Although it's possible that it isn't Kaku, IMO it would be strange for Oda to put a giraffe there if it wasn't.

Oh, holy shit you're right O_o

But if it really was Kaku, why wouldn't Oda put him on the spotlight of that cover for a more dramatic effect?

The Chancellor
Mon, 06-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Although it's possible that it isn't Kaku, IMO it would be strange for Oda to put a giraffe there if it wasn't. It might be simply because of where the story involving the CP9 is going and how it's playing out. Plus yeah Robin was in the CP9 for a while so it could be a nice little mini bridge Oda is trying out. So although I could why Oda would would add something like that as a time like this, I don't think it's him.

1) kaku isn't that tall.
2) unless he got a nose job, then that definitely isn't him.
3) out of all of the people to send (cryptic as the giraffe is) why kaku?

But we'll see

rockmanj
Mon, 06-15-2009, 11:38 AM
I thought the guy just had on a giraffe hat. And Robin was never in CP9; she was in Baroque Works.

Assertn
Mon, 06-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Yes, the guy on the right is just wearing a giraffe hat.

Splash!
Mon, 06-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Luffy's haki is still in infancy. Even Zoro's is stronger.

I simply can't agree with that. Looking back, Zoro may have started displaying signs of Haki before Luffy (with his demon aura and all) but I have yet to see anything from him that could cause an entire arena of people to faint.

Luffy's haki maybe still be in infancy, but compared to zoro, the difference is indeed that of captain and subordinate.

Assertn
Mon, 06-15-2009, 12:53 PM
How could Zoro have a stronger haki than Luffy? He's never once made an enemy lose consciousness from his stare before. Also, just because Hancock is said to have the legendary haki, doesn't mean that she can control it reliably enough to use in combat against Luffy.