PDA

View Full Version : Games: The E3 Thread

darkshadow
Mon, 06-01-2009, 02:01 PM
That's true, raiden has blue eyes, not brown ones. But he is a damn cyborg, he could have purple eyes for that matter.
Or its a clone, or its grown up cyborg sunny...

To continue, it seems its METAL GEAR SOLID RISING, for the xbox360

Xelbair
Mon, 06-01-2009, 04:33 PM
in development for Xbox360 - "exclusive" was not mentioned.

Psyke
Mon, 06-01-2009, 09:36 PM
To continue, it seems its METAL GEAR SOLID RISING, for the xbox360

Teaser (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-metal-gear/50036?ref=playerfeat) is out, and Kojima seems so pleased with himself. :o

Xelbair
Tue, 06-02-2009, 02:20 AM
MGS:Rising confirmed on PS3, Xbox360, PC!

toonice714
Tue, 06-02-2009, 04:06 PM
FFIV that is all

enkoujin
Tue, 06-02-2009, 10:15 PM
L4D 2: November 17

Natural Selection 2: Fall 2009

Starcraft 2: October 31

Xelbair
Wed, 06-03-2009, 06:23 AM
God of War 3 release date announced
Sony's motion controllers
Epic E3 this year made me smile.

Raven
Thu, 06-04-2009, 07:40 AM
Uncharted gameplay trailer was amazing, as was God of War 3. I'll be buying a PS3 closer to the release of those two, early next year. I'd like to wait for the slim console if I can, not that it's been announced dammit. Another game to look forward to is Last Guardian (or Ico 3). Yet another reason I'll need a PS3.

I'm a bit disappointed with a sequel for L4D so soon. I'd prefer a bit more DLC and it feels like the game hasn't aged enough yet. They're laying their cards on the table too soon.

New Castlevania looks alright. I'll probably get it, I suppose. Alan Wake is a bit exciting. And who saw the trailer for Dark Complex? Looks great for an arcade game.

I've always been a bit of a Nintendo fanboi, but this E3 was really, really weak for them. Admittedly I watched their stuff third (after the other big two) so maybe I'm comparing too much, but frankly they were... boring. They had nothing really. Never thought I'd say that any time soon.

Marik
Thu, 06-04-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm a bit disappointed with a sequel for L4D so soon. I'd prefer a bit more DLC and it feels like the game hasn't aged enough yet. They're laying their cards on the table too soon.

I completely agree. The first one hasn't even been out an entire year yet and there's already a sequel, what the hell. I would like them to be two years apart, at least.

I can't wait to get my hands on BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger and King of Fighters XII. I'm happy to see some new 2-D fighters and in HD. I love fighting games.

Carnage
Thu, 06-04-2009, 08:00 AM
I was hoping for them to mention a new Zelda for the Wii at least, but they seemed to fuck that up. Miyamoto said in an interview afterwards that a new one would come out in 2010, based on the Twilight Princess characters.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-04-2009, 08:09 AM
Man, I only just bought L4D, and for it to become a legacy product so soon..... :(

I'm glad they brought out the melee weapons however. A fry pans to the face anyone?

David75
Thu, 06-04-2009, 08:29 AM
seems like Sony do not want to talk about their slim PS3 because they have too much current ones to sell...
I hope they'll propose that new version soon, I'm waiting for a good media+TV+bluray device.

Psyke
Thu, 06-04-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm hoping to get the new KOF too, but that means a new joystick, which I'll probably play for one or two games that's all.

KoKo37
Thu, 06-04-2009, 11:05 AM
.I've always been a bit of a Nintendo fanboi, but this E3 was really, really weak for them. Admittedly I watched their stuff third (after the other big two) so maybe I'm comparing too much, but frankly they were... boring. They had nothing really. Never thought I'd say that any time soon.
I'd have to agree with that, with the exception of the last 10 minutes or so where they announced Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M, it was almost entirely casual stuff like Wii Fit or Wii Sports Resort, hell they even put in an interactive novel and a fashion game for the DS.

What irritates me is that for the first time I'm actually excited with the lineup of good looking games both first and third party coming out for the Wii, and they show trailers for about 4 of them and spend the majority of the time talking about games I don't even remotely care about, they didn't even bother to show off some of their first party titles such as Sin and Punishment 2 or Monado - Beginning of the World.

The Good :
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Metroid Prime: Other M
New Super Mario Brothers Wii (Although it doesn't have online, which is a bummer.)
Golden Sun DS

The Bad :
Everything else.

However, it's not like the bad conference takes away the games that are being made, and I suppose it was better than 2008. (http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nintendoe32008summedup.gif)

Nadouku
Thu, 06-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Ooohhh, lots of new games coming out. Wonder which one I'll take! I was hoping for them to announce a new Star Fox game for the Nintendo Wii, but guess that's not gonna happen any time soon.

Idealistic
Thu, 06-04-2009, 02:13 PM
The game I really want to play is ModNation Racers. After seeing the demo, I'm sold.

It's like a make your own Mario Kart! Should be good.

itadakimasu
Fri, 06-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Oh wow... FF4 !!!!

that's my all time favorite Final Fantasy game, and I did not expect anybody to possibly pick it up and continue the story. Sadly, I don't think I'm going to just run out and buy a Wii just to play it.

Starcraft 2 release 10-31-2009.... I will believe it when I see it. Definitely going to buy it if / when it comes out.

Paulyboy
Fri, 06-05-2009, 04:41 PM
AH! Thats what I hate about doing... IS WAITING FOR THESE GAMES! Anyone seen the MAG game yet? 256 players online. And Raidens storyline for MGS series.... LIGHTNING BOLT ACTION!. But FFIV is gonna be hardcore so is the Dissidia for the PSP.

Ryllharu
Fri, 06-05-2009, 04:56 PM
It's a little bit of a letdown that a lot the AAA titles that everyone is talking about aren't coming out until 2010. There were some titles that caught my eye that are coming out sooner but didn't get the same coverage.

Muramasa: The Demon Blade (http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6211610/) (Wii) looks amazing. We saw it last year as little more than a promo, but it's finally coming out here. It looks like VanillaWare is dumping any use of waggle (thankfully) and by the sounds of it, it's going to be challenging as action/rpg/platformers go. I loved Odin Sphere, so I'll be picking this one up for sure. Japanese mythology following up Nordic Opera is just icing on the cake.

Wet (http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6211150/) (PS3/360) should be a incredibly cheesy shoot-em-up published by Bethesda. It looks like sort of like a cross between the good parts of Tomb Raider and Bloodrayne combat with a healthy dose of cheesy toppings.

darkshadow
Sat, 06-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Uhm Wet isn't by bethesda, it's by A2M, Bethesda is just a publisher, they picked it up after activision dropped it.

Ryllharu
Sat, 06-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Uhm Wet isn't by bethesda, it's by A2M, Bethesda is just a publisher, they picked it up after activision dropped it.
Fair enough, the first time I saw it was when I went to their site.

Corrections have been made.

animus
Sun, 06-07-2009, 12:35 AM
The new Castlevania looks amazing.

And anything voiced by Patrick Stewart can be shit, but it'd just seem so good anyways.

LaZie
Tue, 06-09-2009, 12:41 AM
I'm probably gonna grab FFXIV for the PS3 when it comes out. I need another good MMO to play.