PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 449

Marik
Fri, 05-29-2009, 12:02 AM
SleepyFans (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/449/01/)

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dnzmwuk2d54) - SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/le4x5n) - Online Viewing (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/449/01)

RyougaZell
Fri, 05-29-2009, 12:14 AM
Not the way I expect things to end at first, but it wasn't so bad.
I did really expect Pain to do this... to free all the souls he took. Though I wonder how he managed Kakashi... since his soul wasn't taken. A nail-hole on the forehead is kinda hard to recover...

Oh well. Seems we are back to Uchiha-land.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 05-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Abandon all hope ye who read these pages.

It's over. Any chance this manga had of being more than a mildly entertaining story to follow is gone. There is no coming back from what's just been done. At the very least, we know Kishimoto is fully capable of writing a compelling story if he so chooses. I'll take what solace I can find in that.

edit: Late as it is, tired as I am, my heart just sunk at the chapter and I had to post this.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 05-29-2009, 12:29 AM
I did really expect Pain to do this... to free all the souls he took. Though I wonder how he managed Kakashi... since his soul wasn't taken. A nail-hole on the forehead is kinda hard to recover...

Kakashi used the MS to teleport the nail into another dimension. He died from chakra exhaustion remember?

Not a bad way to un-do all the deaths, not really want I wanted to see happen, but what are you going to do? I am curious what Sasuke is going to do once he sees Konoha destroyed.

Prof. Chaos
Fri, 05-29-2009, 01:09 AM

Nothing is mentioned about souls he took. Its power over life and death period. He's just expending what is left in his body to bring back everyone who died since he invaded Konoha.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 05-29-2009, 02:25 AM
It makes sense at least. Someone who only knew feelings of hate and revenge towards his enemies all his life... when met with someone like Naruto, who just forgave him in a matter of minutes. He overcame all his overwhelming emotions of revenge, of retribution for ALL THREE of his masters. Makes perfect sense why Pain changed his mind, after seeing someone do the same.

oh yeah and KAKASHI'S STILL ALIVE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sam98034
Fri, 05-29-2009, 03:26 AM
I don't exactly get what happened. Did Nagato blow up into paper or something? And now, I guess, the Rinnegan has a life of its own. It's passed on, and the next person to have it should have all the powers of the previous Rinnegan users...or something. Naruto has a new g/f now, I suppose. Hinata is more well endowed, but it's hard to tell with that cloak, and she seems like she would be freakier than Hinata, though. What will Naruto choose?

Psyke
Fri, 05-29-2009, 04:28 AM
As much as I liked Shizune..... I wanted the dead to stay dead. Except for Kakashi, but I never believed him to be dead anyway.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-29-2009, 06:32 AM
War brings death... and wounds and pain to both sides
There's nothing harder to accept than the deaths of those you love
... so you believe... they could never die

so, he writes that dialog, and sticks it into this plot? how does that work?

and why does Qunan quit the akatsuki? by rules of seniority, she should be the leader, so if she wants, she can disband the giant statue (do they need it right now?) and actually atone for Payne's creepy sins (they were justified for the end cause, but now they're pointless).

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 05-29-2009, 06:42 AM
and why does Qunan quit the akatsuki? by rules of seniority, she should be the leader, so if she wants, she can disband the giant statue (do they need it right now?) and actually atone for Payne's creepy sins (they were justified for the end cause, but now they're pointless).

She was just a tool. Just a follower of her friends. Without a reason to be in akatsuki why wouldn't she quit?

And Im guessing she knows Madara wouldn't take a pizza order from her... let alone follow her into battle.

Isn't she atoning for those sins by backing Naruto with the entire Amekagure? Idk how far she'd get on her own.

itadakimasu
Fri, 05-29-2009, 07:03 AM
Even though they did it again, I think it was a great chapter. (Did it again... meaning they kill off a bunch of people but they're brought back) I thought Sasuke was back here :

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/449/11/

even though it was a gray panel I was thinking that he'd shown up right then, but I guess he's on his way now.

Patriot
Fri, 05-29-2009, 07:38 AM
7th Pain better have been the real one...

But I guess he broke the cycle of hatred and war, if someone killed your mother, your father, your sister and your wife, could you let them be? In our society I have seen of it, where someone is murdered and the guilty person will ask for forgiveness and the parents / spouse will give it. Its why we can function and claim to be an advanced society. (in theory) By making Naruto feel Pain and at Pain's level, and then being able to control himself and rationalize and talk of peace, from a position of power (meaning it seemed like he could have killed Pain there if he wanted) Naruto passed a test of sorts and at the same time peace is possible.

I have to say from that perspective, well written arc. But the dead should stay dead. But no one I cared for besides Kakashi died so I'll take it for what its worth.

Honoko
Fri, 05-29-2009, 08:25 AM
Well, at least he didn't restore the village. But the massive revival of the dead came pretty close. And I agree: dead should stay dead.

SilentSnake
Fri, 05-29-2009, 08:26 AM
We need new badass villains...

And deaths of good guys...

Basically, Hinata could die as well - it didn't matter at all.

Hell, I was waiting for Jiraiya to come out of Nagato's ass unscathed as a goodbye gift for Naruto, but thank god it didn't happen.

Archangel
Fri, 05-29-2009, 08:52 AM
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT !!!!!!!!!

... that is all -_-

itadakimasu
Fri, 05-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Well, at least he didn't restore the village. But the massive revival of the dead came pretty close. And I agree: dead should stay dead.

HAHAHA... I'm glad I'm not alone here. I mean, you get attached to some of these charactors, especially Kakashi. But just like the Sasuke chase arc... I wanted them all to just die. They fought tough battles, and went out w\ a bang... until you find out they were still alive.

Kakashi is the exception here because I think the consensus is that he didn't really go out with the bang that he deserves to go out with.

and on that note... Kakashi dying by sasuke's hand would make me happy; but at this point I'm not sure what sasuke is going to do when he finds konoha has been turned into rubble.

Patriot
Fri, 05-29-2009, 09:29 AM
^ Well since no one is dead you simply rebuild. Everything can go back to the way it was within 6 months to a year, the economy was fine after Orichimaru and people actually died there...and if they are having issues I'm sure Obama can throw them some stimulus money to help them get back on their feet.

I wonder, did Tsunde survive? She used up all her charka and wasn't invovled in the direct fighting, I wonder if that we be the end of her. I read the chapter too early in the morning, wonder if that was on purpose, her omission...

Uberbaka
Fri, 05-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnd bullshit.

Ok, so he has control over life and death... Never occurred to him to revive his friend? No? Not at all?

alec_potter
Fri, 05-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Crappy chapter....

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-29-2009, 11:14 AM
She was just a tool. Just a follower of her friends. Without a reason to be in akatsuki why wouldn't she quit?

And Im guessing she knows Madara wouldn't take a pizza order from her... let alone follow her into battle.

Isn't she atoning for those sins by backing Naruto with the entire Amekagure? Idk how far she'd get on her own.

tool or not. she's still a co-founder of akatsuki, she at least deserves to take the statue back (doesn't it belong to payne?)
if she knows about Madare (she probably does, right?) then she can warn naruto of him, and if she doesn't, then she should consider herself the head of akatsuki (what's left of it) and take it upon herself to disband it (though, there's hardly anyone left, only Zetsou and Kisame are still alive from the original members).

the entire amekagure probably amounts to shit. the village was through an on-going civil war, so everyone who might have been strong was killed by either payne or hanzo. not to mention the village was never a big village.

Ok, so he has control over life and death... Never occurred to him to revive his friend? No? Not at all?

there are a lot of possible arguments, most of them make almost no sense. but that's how it goes. he didn't. it's a big ninja-elephant in the room, so we're all going to walk around it.

what's going to happen with Roots now? Danzou is down there, so sure that everybody is dead, and when he gets out, the village is up and running again. If tsunade will still live, I think she should put him in prison (conspiring to take over the village, fleeing in the face of danger, treason)

Assertn
Fri, 05-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Thank god for one piece

Archangel
Fri, 05-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Thank god for one piece

I should have posted this b4 -_-

Board of Command
Fri, 05-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Finally...the beginning of the end.

poopdeville
Fri, 05-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Thank god for one piece

If Oda ever pulls a miraculous revivification like that, I'll stop reading.

Heh.

Archangel
Fri, 05-29-2009, 05:10 PM

Heh.

Even if we did we'd all think that it was awesome because we're all Oda fanboys

Admit it, you'll feel better afterwards

FireEmblem
Fri, 05-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Just as I expected.

The end of Akatsuki, based on what has happened, we could foresee. Madara making his move with the remaining Akatsuki members. It was also strange that when Itachi died, there was no commentary about it within Akatsuki as a whole. Which could mean that Madara was clearly hiding things from Pain or there just never was any time to inform Pain of it.

I don't think the series will end till another big war starts. Can't wait to see how that unfolds! And come on, it had to be obvious from the start that these characters wouldn't remain dead. Kakashi "died" for Chouji and his shitty father, and Shizune got randomly owned out of nowhere. Fukasaku got owned randomly too. It seemed obvious to me anyway that most of the characters wouldn't remain dead.

Then again I'm probably in the minority when I say that it was good that characters didn't die during the Sasuke chase arc. All of Naruto's comrades are the "next generation", a term which has been pushed by the adult ninjas for a long time now. It's obvious that it wasn't their time to go at that time, nor is it now.

poopdeville
Fri, 05-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Even if we did we'd all think that it was awesome because we're all Oda fanboys

Admit it, you'll feel better afterwards

No One Piece. Get back on topic.

Idealistic
Fri, 05-29-2009, 08:22 PM
The only reason why I even like this, is that Kakashi is still alive. This was pretty much "Haha, just kidding." bs again.

With Konoha back to normal, one could think what if the Pain arc never happened? It would be the same thing except Jiraiya would probably still be alive.

Quite lame.

Board of Command
Fri, 05-29-2009, 08:33 PM
The only reason why I even like this, is that Kakashi is still alive. This was pretty much "Haha, just kidding." bs again.

With Konoha back to normal, one could think what if the Pain arc never happened? It would be the same thing except Jiraiya would probably still be alive.

Quite lame.
Konoha is not back to normal. The village is destroyed.

Carnage
Fri, 05-29-2009, 08:33 PM

Heh.

If there were ever a right way to do that, it would be Oda who figures it out. He can do no wrong.

Archangel
Fri, 05-29-2009, 08:34 PM

Yh, because that had such a huge effect when Orochimaru did it ...

UChessmaster
Fri, 05-29-2009, 09:40 PM
How come pain didnt managed to res his parents...or yahiko... or the stupid dog? >>

Sam98034
Fri, 05-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnd bullshit.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/430/13/ it looks like that revival move is what he uses to revive the puppets as well, but if they have been dead a while it looks like he can't do anything besides control them like puppets. That's why this guy didn't turn back into a human when he was revived. It's possible he didn't know how to revive at that time, too, otherwise he would have showed up as 6 people to face Hanzo.

Psyke
Fri, 05-29-2009, 10:20 PM

They'll just get Yamato to give them wooden mansions in the meantime while they rebuild. :(

Archangel
Fri, 05-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Lol actually yamato means a endless supply of wood for the buildings

The dude is pretty handy during village holocausts

Cal_kashi
Fri, 05-29-2009, 11:16 PM
When they ended the last chapter with Naruto being cheered on, I started saying to myself, "No deus ex machina", "No deus ex machina", "No deus ex machina", "No deus ex machina".
Now I quote Archangel.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT !!!!!!!!!

... that is all -_-

RasenDori
Sat, 05-30-2009, 01:04 AM

Heh.

yeah... because people die in one piece... (extreme sarcasim)

once again we forget this: "The basis of shonen manga is happy endings." - watsuki nobuhiro

and just like how watsuki got trashed for "reviving" kaoru in rurouni kenshin we bash kishimoto for reviving the dead. we see characters come back from the dead and we assume thats trash, but real trash is when they retcon a situation. for instance (for x-men readers, if they exist on this site) magneto really being xorn's twin brother pretending to be xorn pretending to be magneto in order to revive both characters. we are all failing to see things in the context of the characters and the impact it has on them.

if chouji and neji would have died way back in the rescue sasuke story shikamaru would have really quit being a ninja. There would have been no realistic reason for someone like him to continue after the loss of his best friend, and it helped forge him into a stronger character.

if nagato would have not revived all of those he killed he would have never had a moment were he redeems himself. That would make it harder for the reader to empathize with him, even after his sob story. By having nagato entrust naruto after both changing his view and himself, the ending of this arc is stronger.

i had read a ton of stories, and the best ones are the ones that use death as an impactful tool for the characters. ask yourself, what does the death shizune really mean? the answer: nothing. And can kakashi's death really make as much of an impact to the naruto as jiraiya's? the answer: no.

edit: the only unfortunate result of this is that nagato, who years ago we assumed was the end all villain of the story, was used as a tool to prepare naruto for the mind set he will have when he confronts sasuke again. oh well... im looking forward to the next arc. i want danzou to pay for all the atrocities he committed. this may seem odd... ... but im starting to think he will be the final villain instead of madara.

Uberbaka
Sat, 05-30-2009, 07:13 AM
there are a lot of possible arguments, most of them make almost no sense. but that's how it goes. he didn't. it's a big ninja-elephant in the room, so we're all going to walk around it.

http://jane.cromie.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/ninja-elephant.jpg

In Soviet Russia, ninja elephant walks around you!

Sorry... *bows head and walks away*

Back on topic:

With only Kisame (he'll be taken down by Suigetsu(was that waterboys name?) and plantman (I don't really predict anyone killing him for any reason tbh...) left, do they even have enough people to capture more of the tails? They needed like a full crew standing on the fingers sacrificing chakra.

I'm just too bummed out about Konoha to be excited about future chapters now, are we going to have to go through several chapters of rebuilding and friendly banter among the wounded before Sasuke comes there to kill Shizune again? Oh I know! We haven't seen Kakashi lying in a hospital bed for quite a few chapters.

UChessmaster
Sat, 05-30-2009, 11:07 AM
yeah... because people die in one piece... (extreme sarcasim)

Uhmmmm they do... i won`t spoil though.

once again we forget this: "The basis of shonen manga is happy endings." - watsuki nobuhiro

Claymore

and just like how watsuki got trashed for "reviving" kaoru in rurouni kenshin we bash kishimoto for reviving the dead. we see characters come back from the dead and we assume thats trash, but real trash is when they retcon a situation. for instance (for x-men readers, if they exist on this site) magneto really being xorn's twin brother pretending to be xorn pretending to be magneto in order to revive both characters. we are all failing to see things in the context of the characters and the impact it has on them.

He will retcon, remember the dead relatives and friends nagato had yet didnt res whith his technique it`s either a plot hole or it will be retconed, you`ll see.

if chouji and neji would have died way back in the rescue sasuke story shikamaru would have really quit being a ninja. There would have been no realistic reason for someone like him to continue after the loss of his best friend, and it helped forge him into a stronger character.

Asuma`s dead didn`t made Shika quit, there really is no way to confirm if he would`ve quit or not.

if nagato would have not revived all of those he killed he would have never had a moment were he redeems himself. That would make it harder for the reader to empathize with him, even after his sob story. By having nagato entrust naruto after both changing his view and himself, the ending of this arc is stronger.

Must EVERY villian in Naruto be redeemed? zabuza... haku... gaara... itachi... sasori.. orochimaru, the only villians that didnt got redeemed (zombie pairs) maintained their badass factor after losing.

i had read a ton of stories, and the best ones are the ones that use death as an impactful tool for the characters. ask yourself, what does the death shizune really mean? the answer: nothing. And can kakashi's death really make as much of an impact to the naruto as jiraiya's? the answer: no.

A character killed just for shock value only to be revided 5 chapters after is just cheap storytelling.

I ususally dont post just to bash an episode but i`m sorry sir, this episode was just BAD.

Archangel
Sat, 05-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Must EVERY villian in Naruto be redeemed? zabuza... haku... gaara... itachi... sasori.. orochimaru, the only villians that didnt got redeemed (zombie pairs) maintained their badass factor after losing.

I've been thinking about that too. Kishi's annoying habit to humanize every single villain is getting tiresome.

The zombie brothers were a nice exception actually

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 05-30-2009, 11:44 AM
I've been thinking about that too. Kishi's annoying habit to humanize every single villain is getting tiresome.

The zombie brothers were a nice exception actually

the sound four? kabuto?

Archangel
Sat, 05-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Kimimaro was humanized enough for the 5 of them -_-

And we haven't seen the last of kabuto, not to mention we already know he lost his parents at a young age

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 05-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Well personally I prefer my villains to be humanized, but then theyre not really villains anymore i guess. Just people fighting for their own reasons.

Deidara was a nice change of pace, he was just a psychopath fighting for the sake of fighting.

RasenDori
Sat, 05-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Uhmmmm they do... i won`t spoil though.

no character in one piece has ever died outside of a flashback. END.

Claymore

claymore and all the other books in jump SQ are aimed at an older audience the WSJ. case in point is watsuki's embalming. after 3 oning series in WSJ that all have overall happy moods, watsuki is finally able to write something more depressing.

He will retcon, remember the dead relatives and friends nagato had yet didnt res whith his technique it`s either a plot hole or it will be retconed, you`ll see.

just before he dies nagato states that its not too late for those he killed in konoha. meaning that there is a time limit and implying that he couldnt do this we yahiko or his parents died

is it really that bad for a bad guy to have a heart? besides i dont remember orochimaru or sasori redeeming themselves. and haku was never really that bad. it sounds more like to me you dont want to see the villain's back story. lest face it, all those characters were stronger then hidan and kakuzu.

Asuma`s dead didn`t made Shika quit, there really is no way to confirm if he would`ve quit or not.

sasuke rescue arc shikamaru was a lazy quitter. failing his first mission as a team leader and his whole crew returning in stretchers was hard enough, but if his best friend came back in a body bag, you think he would continue? post time skip shikamaru is much more mature. the situations cant even be compared. if anything the sasuke mission prepared him to asuma's death in the future.

A character killed just for shock value only to be revided 5 chapters after is just cheap storytelling.

The fact that pain would destroy the village and then later revive them all doesnt really sink in if they are all nameless faces. if you are going to make that decision its better to kill characters the readers know and have emotional attachments to. otherwise no really cares.

Board of Command
Sat, 05-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Somebody just died in episode 391.

UChessmaster
Sat, 05-30-2009, 04:54 PM

I could PM you the name of a character that died if you would like.

claymore and all the other books in jump SQ are aimed at an older audience the WSJ. case in point is watsuki's embalming. after 3 oning series in WSJ that all have overall happy moods, watsuki is finally able to write something more depressing.

I`m quite aware the target audience Claymore was aimed at, my point is not ALL WSJ have that redeemen BS.

just before he dies nagato states that its not too late for those he killed in konoha. meaning that there is a time limit and implying that he couldnt do this we yahiko or his parents died

I can understand the parents, him not being able to fully control his abilities, yet when Yahiko dies, you can clearly see how Nagato "awakens" and he is un FULL control of all his abilities, am i to beleive that instead of having all of his abilities. he has all of his abilities minus resing ability?

is it really that bad for a bad guy to have a heart? besides i dont remember orochimaru or sasori redeeming themselves. and haku was never really that bad. it sounds more like to me you dont want to see the villain's back story. lest face it, all those characters were stronger then hidan and kakuzu.

It`s not bad for me for characters who redeem themself, it`s just that he seems to do it in almost all of his character, im all up for characters back stories, but backstory doesnt necesarelly means he should explain why bad characters are bad. Orochimaru didn`t really redeem himself but they showed half a chapter explaining that he`s not really really evil, he just wants his parents back awwwwwwwwwww :( . Please, give me a break.

As for Sasori he gave all the info he had to Sakura when he had other choice such as... not letting himself get killed... or not talk... Again i`m all up for redeeming back stories, but some of them in Naruto are completely unnecesary, and Pain`s backstory is the worst one of them all. Tell me, should i give a fuck next time a character died? I honestly expected Gaara to be a one time only thing, but resing MOST of the village? that`s ridiculous, i don`t wanna compare Naruto with another certain anime that did this BS over and over again but Dra... NO I WILL NOT MENTION IT!!! So for now, ill close thir argument with a list of character that retained being liked without having their puppy killed.

- Dozu
- Zombie pair
- EVERY single villian in One Piece.

sasuke rescue arc shikamaru was a lazy quitter. failing his first mission as a team leader and his whole crew returning in stretchers was hard enough, but if his best friend came back in a body bag, you think he would continue? post time skip shikamaru is much more mature. the situations cant even be compared. if anything the sasuke mission prepared him to asuma's death in the future.

To answer your question, yes, yes i do, i`m also adding the small fact that there is absolutelly no way to tell what he would`ve done in a hypothetical question, so really, i`m not gonna argue this point anymore.

The fact that pain would destroy the village and then later revive them all doesnt really sink in if they are all nameless faces. if you are going to make that decision its better to kill characters the readers know and have emotional attachments to. otherwise no really cares.

The problem is that killing and then reviving destroys the entire arc, really, what was the point of this arc besides giving Tsunade haters a hard on every now and then? how would it be any diferent if it was said akatsuki was made out of 7 ppl and the original leader be Toby then have jiraiya die beated to death for peeking at a bunch of chicks in the bathroom?

RasenDori
Sat, 05-30-2009, 05:46 PM
its senselss to continue this debate, but yeah go ahead and pm me that character, cause i feel like a missed something there. but its unfair to say that reviving always makes a story just "that which shall not be named". reviving was always that stories gimmick, and the characters went out of there to make sure it could happen all time. the point im trying to make it that this kind of story is about happy endings. nagato was set up to be the kind of character that would redeem himself. and sure naruto has it silly thems of changing people, but that its gimmick. accept it or keep whining. trust me evaluating this story is easier when you know thats whats its going for. naruto is the story about a boy that over came his sadness with the desire to change things. every since the zabuza arc naruto want to change the world, and that means changing people. we ve had a long break from the theme, but its back and the story will end with an emphasis on it.

i think the arguement about nagato's power is unfounded. from konans reaction its evident that he was using an ablity that he was aware of before. that doesnt mean that all of his powers had awakened at that moment, or that he had complete control of them.

furthermore i think its unfair to judge a how good a story is based on another one. if that was the case then every story sucks if i judge it by the sword of truth novels (fuck the show btw) one piece villains are good because of the way the function with the heroes. crocodile was the opposite mind set of luffy, and luchi represented the weakness luffy had to over come. stories should be jugded by themselves, its the only fair standard.

this ending for this arc is really what should have been expect from this story, and i liked it. but all that said i am disappointed that this story simply ended up as narutos preperation for changing sasuke. but who knows, danzou may pull something in this aftermath. i look forward to the meeting of the kages, cloud ninjas, and killer bee. lets not forget that akatsuki has the backing of team hawk, so its not dead yet.

Archangel
Sat, 05-30-2009, 05:51 PM
its senselss to continue this debate...

And yet you fell the need to post another page long message...

Death BOO Z
Sat, 05-30-2009, 06:06 PM
metaphors for the last arc.

giving a child a lollipop after a visit to the dentist.
promising an obese man a cake if he manages to lose weight.
giving the content of your wallet as a reward to the person who found it.

the whole shabang misses the point, if the 'reasoning' behind the arc was to break the cycle of violence (to learn to accept the death of others, and not give in to senseless revenge), then this revival (everybody lives! woohoo!) is cheating the message.

it doesn't matter how awesome the story was the last two months (and it was quite awesome, 9-tails release for the win!) if all we're going to remember is the shitty revival the undid everything that happened.

Abdula
Sat, 05-30-2009, 06:21 PM
furthermore i think its unfair to judge a how good a story is based on another one. if that was the case then every story sucks if i judge it by the sword of truth novels (fuck the show btw)
Pardon me but how are we supposed to judge whether a story is good or not if not by comparing it to another one? Btw the sword of truth novels are kind of overrated

Like everyone else has said the big problem is that the revival pretty much negated everything that happened for the last few months. It may well have just been a Naruto training arc and other than the village being destroyed everything would be the same.

RasenDori
Sat, 05-30-2009, 07:48 PM
stories have to be evaluated on a clean slate. just because one story is better then the other mean the other is bad.

i do agree that it was a giant reset, and it bothers me that pains visit has no consequences, but as an ending goes for the arc, i felt wasnt horrible. the sai/sasuke arc ending was bad.

Darky
Sat, 05-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Crap ending to what was a great arc.

I wonder though if the village has learned something from all this since now it just looks like things can be done without consequences.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 05-30-2009, 10:18 PM
stories have to be evaluated on a clean slate. just because one story is better then the other mean the other is bad.

i do agree that it was a giant reset, and it bothers me that pains visit has no consequences, but as an ending goes for the arc, i felt wasnt horrible. the sai/sasuke arc ending was bad.

idk how you guys think it was all reset. okay... no one died, sure. But how about all the character development this will lead to? Konoha might change a lot of their ways now with Naruto being a huge influence on the village.

Abdula
Sat, 05-30-2009, 10:30 PM
idk how you guys think it was all reset. okay... no one died, sure. But how about all the character development this will lead to? Konoha might change a lot of their ways now with Naruto being a huge influence on the village.
Are you saying he wasn't before, because as I see it Naruto is and always has been a huge influence on the village. If the end result is just character development then it wouldn't be as bad but there are certainly other ways he could have gone about accomplishing that.

Seems to me like we are just going to jump from one giant haxxor battle straight into another one and that would be sad.

RasenDori
Sat, 05-30-2009, 11:22 PM

the development is there and i love it, but in the end, nagato was just preparation for changing sasuke.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 05-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Are you saying he wasn't before, because as I see it Naruto is and always has been a huge influence on the village. If the end result is just character development then it wouldn't be as bad but there are certainly other ways he could have gone about accomplishing that.

Seems to me like we are just going to jump from one giant haxxor battle straight into another one and that would be sad.

Oh he was deff an influence all along. But now after single handedly saving the villagers by talking pain into reversing a total cataclysm... The Jounins all know Narutos finally reached that potential as a true leader. Instead of just giving them something to believe in, they have someone to follow.

I hope him and Shika work together again, that would be a real ruthless combination now that naruto actually can improvise his own strategies.

FireEmblem
Sun, 05-31-2009, 12:45 AM
I still think/hope that Sai is a bad guy! :(

Stitch
Sun, 05-31-2009, 11:48 AM
So, is Naruto going to change Sasuke now, too?

Can we just fast forward to the inevitable Madara arc already.

Assertn
Sun, 05-31-2009, 05:30 PM
The problem is that there is no sense of consequence in the series when crap like this is pulled. Who knows what's going to happen in the next arc, but one thing's for sure, no protagonist of importance under the age of 50 is going to die.

poopdeville
Mon, 06-01-2009, 01:10 PM
It doesn't help that the manga is cheesy and predictable. People were dreading this possibility last week.

Psyke
Mon, 06-01-2009, 09:22 PM
So, is Naruto going to change Sasuke now, too?

I think all of us already knew the answer the day Sasuke left.

Pandadice
Tue, 06-02-2009, 05:43 AM
whoa, you guys really called it with Pain doing some deus ex machina to put things back to normal. but, at least he didn't fix the city. so that's something i guess....

I kinda wonder, if he was planning that from the start, why didn't he "kill off" more characters? or like, at least actually "kill off" Hinata, in stead of showing that she's perfectly fine the next chapter...

awman, i hope Konan gets more page time.

finally back to team.. are they Hawk now or Snake? man, seems like forever since we've seen them...

I don't think Sasuke is gonna fight Naruto when he gets back.. it just seems strange that they'd fight. it's be completely uncalled for, and unprovoked. I can't see a reason Sasuke would want to fight Naruto, and after Naruto's now figured out his whole love over hate ideology, I don't see him instigating a fight with Sasuke. and after the entire city is crushed to ruble.. i just absolutely cannot see Naruto still doing the whole "Sasssssssssukeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! i'm bringing you back to Konoha!!!!! *charges with rasengan*" type of thing.. that'd just seem stupid and pointless at this point. I mean, it's like we've had all this character development, and Naruto's maturing, so I just really can't see it happening. Though sasuke is going after the village elders.. I wonder who exactly he's going after? the adviser people i'd assume.. wonder if he's going to attack Tsunade? maybe then, maybe if he attacked Tsunade then Naruto and him would fight. but does anyone actually even like or want to protect the old adviser people?

Maybe Sasuke will kill them, and then Danzo will take over the city somehow, and we can go in that totalitarian direction that I really want the city to go in.

Darky
Tue, 06-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Since everyone is brought back to life apparently, there's still one thing that bugs me. I'm sure there's people being killed due to injury instead of soul sucking.

And while i think it is possible to bring back people to life wouldn't they just die again due to the massive injury they're supposed to have died from? Unless Pain is also the ultimate healer all of a sudden, which is very well possible but still. They only said he had control of life and death.

Archangel
Tue, 06-02-2009, 08:25 AM
I think all of us already knew the answer the day Sasuke left.

Some of us still hoped the cheesiness would end by the time that happened

Rikudo
Wed, 06-03-2009, 01:23 AM
I think no matter how you look at it, Sasuke will never return to Konoha. Whether he dies or lives, the path he chose to take doesn't end with him returning to the good ol' days with Naruto and the gang. It's more than likely that he will create his own village to resurrect the Uchiha clan and become an ally of Konoha with Naruto as the Hokage.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 06-03-2009, 02:26 AM
I think no matter how you look at it, Sasuke will never return to Konoha. Whether he dies or lives, the path he chose to take doesn't end with him returning to the good ol' days with Naruto and the gang. It's more than likely that he will create his own village to resurrect the Uchiha clan and become an ally of Konoha with Naruto as the Hokage.

Yep, right after swearing to avenge his brother (whom he killed) no matter what. So far Sasuke proves himself to be one big giant tool that instantly believes whatever he is told, so i wouldn't be surprise if he rejoin the village and everyone immediately forgives and accept him back so they can all live as one big happy ninja family.

At this point, i'm pretty convinced that Jiraiya will miraculously come back to life and save Naruto's ass at the right moment only to reveal that Nagato brought him back to life too. Oh and the 3rd will come crawling out of his grave any second now while yelling "SURPRISE". While we're at it, why not let Orochimaru come back to life too so everyone can forgives him because all of the evil things he had done was due to his rough childhood with no parents.

darkshadow
Wed, 06-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Cept Oro isn't dead, he is just trapped in genjutsu hell.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 06-03-2009, 01:22 PM
when he emerges from kabuto we're sure to see an epic battle, cant imagine kishi letting him get owned again.

Assertn
Wed, 06-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Since everyone is brought back to life apparently, there's still one thing that bugs me. I'm sure there's people being killed due to injury instead of soul sucking.

And while i think it is possible to bring back people to life wouldn't they just die again due to the massive injury they're supposed to have died from? Unless Pain is also the ultimate healer all of a sudden, which is very well possible but still. They only said he had control of life and death.

The big head that resurrected everyone is the same that resurrected the fallen pain bodies. Remember how it turned that dismantled cyborg pain back to whole? It can treat physical injuries unrelated to soul-sucking. Now the real question is: If Hinata was to remain untreated by the head because she wasn't dead during the big resurrection, would she still be able to die afterward from the injuries? Obviously it won't happen...but I think I'd feel shafted if I got screwed over cause I didn't die right away.

poopdeville
Wed, 06-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Yeah, probably. I see the big head as a summons of a Shinigami, like Sandaime and Yondaime did. Presumably under a different sort of contract, to a different Shinigami. That is to say, Pein only had control over a Shinigami, and can't stop the others.

Speculation, I guess. But it's not unfounded.

Pandadice
Wed, 06-03-2009, 03:29 PM
The big head that resurrected everyone is the same that resurrected the fallen pain bodies. Remember how it turned that dismantled cyborg pain back to whole? It can treat physical injuries unrelated to soul-sucking. Now the real question is: If Hinata was to remain untreated by the head because she wasn't dead during the big resurrection, would she still be able to die afterward from the injuries? Obviously it won't happen...but I think I'd feel shafted if I got screwed over cause I didn't die right away.

ahaha, what a great point. that'd be so funny to see used.

Sidnne
Wed, 06-03-2009, 03:56 PM
ahaha, what a great point. that'd be so funny to see used.

Its exactly what we are going to see with Tsunade.

Rikudo
Wed, 06-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Tsunade will be incapacitated for a good while but will still be alive. Maybe this is the opportunity Danzou is looking for and make a bid to become the sixth hokage.

Tyreal
Thu, 06-04-2009, 07:12 AM
I see Danzou becoming Hokage soon. Personally I think Danzou will take this chance to launch a surprise coup and take over the village. Tsunade (or some other central character) will probably sacrifice herself in order to allow a few of the people who were loyal to her to escape. Naruto of course included in this few people. Once Danzou becomes the sixth hokage Konoha will become a millitary state under martial law. The people of the village will be treated horribily and more or less forced to rebuild the village in record time.

Sasuke will arrive at Konoha after construction of the village is well on the way and the people have grown to despise Danzou and the elders that are viewed as supporting him. Sasuke will kill/assasinate Danzou and free the village, thus the villagers forgive him for his past wrong doings.

While all this is going on Naruto and his band of merry fugitives will probably be plotting/hiding out with either the Rain and/or the Sand in order to take out more Akatsuki members or remove Danzou from his position as sixth hokage. It's also possible that he will travel to some other large ninja countries that have yet to be seen much of on some sort of mission to help restore peace, I'll admit that I'm having trouble predicting what Naruto and co will do during this part of the story, but nevertheless it will help to tie up the ending.

Anyway eventually Madara will make his move or be forced to make his move by Naruto and Co. Sasuke will realize that Madara was manipulating him. So Sasuke and Naruto will kiss and make up and then procced to beat the crap out of Madara somehow finally giving peace to the Naruto world. Oh I almost forgot to mention the special power up given to Naruto by Itachi, that will come into play during the fight with Madara as some sort of Sharingan counter. However since it was intended to be used on Sasuke it wont be as effective on Madara thus making the fight more interesting and the reason why Sasuke AND Naruto need to team up to beat him.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 06-04-2009, 10:24 AM
I do see Danzou making a move and Sasuke coming back in time to take him out. With the help of Naruto.