PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 544

Marik
Thu, 05-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yi5gnn2rznz) - SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/x7f4k1) - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UM46P0PN)

Franky-House

MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EWKPHRQB) - Online Viewing (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/544/00)

Augury
Thu, 05-28-2009, 12:43 PM
WTF at the cover page.

WTF at the end too. They all got hit?

RyougaZell
Thu, 05-28-2009, 02:45 PM
The cover must have a very interesting story... can't wait to see it on the anime (if the rumors are true). I wonder what will happen to Sanji from now on...

And what the hell? Just what is BlackBeard's purpose? Magellan himself?

PS: For 3rd week in a row I readed this chapter in spanish hours before an english release. Lol.

Honoko
Thu, 05-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Also, Luffy able to listen to rationale? Really? I seriously thought him and Blackbeard were going to spend at least 10 chapters duking it out.

Assertn
Thu, 05-28-2009, 04:20 PM
I knew they weren't going to seriously fight. It would be a terribly inconvenient time to start such a serious match. Plus, as I said before, BB only wanted Luffy cause he wanted schichibukai status, and this chapter confirmed it. I did forget, though, that BB had no intention of fighting Ace initially. This means that the war itself wasn't part of BB's plan.

That being said, I really have no idea what BB intends to do here...

poopdeville
Thu, 05-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Crocodile has confirmed his spot as one of my favorite One Piece characters...

Did anyone else notice what Magellan was doing behind Luffy in the WSJ cover? Sanji looks happy as an okama. Maybe he is learning okama kempo.

Carnage
Thu, 05-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Crocodile has confirmed his spot as one of my favorite One Piece characters...

Oda has confirmed himself as on of my favorite mangaka.

Well hell I dont really need to say that now do I? :p

Assertn
Thu, 05-28-2009, 04:44 PM
If there is a cover adventure for each strawhat, I have a feeling Luffy will be on his own in the main story for quite a while.

Carnage
Thu, 05-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Im really wondering how Oda will manage to get all the strawhats back together again.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 05-28-2009, 07:00 PM
maybe Blackbeard is here to recruit the evil sword sub-commander of prison? he'll gain a worthy swordsman (he lacks a guy to fight against Zoro, as was mentioned in the anime discussion)

my hunch is that he wants to put on a mirror show to ace's execution, he's planning to kill a highranking marine in the same time. I can't figure out a reason to do so, but that's my gutt feeling.

Carnage
Thu, 05-28-2009, 07:16 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/544/11/

Who else thinks chopper's monster form his awakened form?

Assertn
Thu, 05-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Interesting you'd say that, Carnage....

I'm not sure if I would say that's necessarily so, since Chopper's monster form goes in a blind rage, and he ultimately kills himself, but it would make sense for Chopper to awaken during his mini arc. I had already suspected that all the strawhats would get a power upgrade during their mini arcs, since Nami landed on a weather island and Franky landed on a futuristic technology island.

FireEmblem
Thu, 05-28-2009, 09:09 PM
And since Chopper ate the "Human Human Fruit" then his awakening should make him more human-like shouldn't it?

But damn that chapter was slick. So Blackbeard knows about Haki as well. Not that I'm surprised, but I was surprised to hear him speak of it at this point.

Dammit these chapters don't come out fast enough!

Assertn
Thu, 05-28-2009, 10:08 PM
It's possible that the haki was a mistranslation, and that Blackbeard was actually talking about Luffy's ambition or something.... which is practically what haki means anyway.

It's kinda weird...but it didn't look like Luffy did anything haki-based against BB.

Splash!
Fri, 05-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Blackbeard had a look of fear in his eyes just before before and after being punched by Luffy. Didn't see anything like that on him during his fight with Ace. My guess is Luffy had some Haki behind that punch. Then again, Blackbeard could just be shocked that Luffy would dare punch a pirate of his level.

I am very curious about the big event that Blackbeard is planning. Will he take credit for the fall of Impel Down by bringing down Magellan? Somehow, I doubt that is the extent of it.

Tyreal
Fri, 05-29-2009, 01:38 AM
Then again, Blackbeard could just be shocked that Luffy would dare punch a pirate of his level.

I highly doubt that that was the case. Remember Blackbeard already knows Luffy punched a Tenryubito. So I'm confident that Blackbead knows Luffy would punch anyone regardless of status or level.

Archangel
Fri, 05-29-2009, 09:05 AM
That being said, I really have no idea what BB intends to do here...

My guess would be he's gonna free someone in the confusion

He did say that all the chaos would help his plan after all

Im really wondering how Oda will manage to get all the strawhats back together again.

Using Rayleigh's life paper

I had already suspected that all the strawhats would get a power upgrade during their mini arcs, since Nami landed on a weather island and Franky landed on a futuristic technology island.

That was my first assumption but I wonder how that's gonna work out for Robin and Zoro, who seem to have been sent to such strange locations

I am very curious about the big event that Blackbeard is planning. Will he take credit for the fall of Impel Down by bringing down Magellan? Somehow, I doubt that is the extent of it.

That "credit" would probably cost him his shibukai title he worked so hard for

Splash!
Fri, 05-29-2009, 10:32 AM
That "credit" would probably cost him his shibukai title he worked so hard for
He did ignore the shichibukai summons and just waltz into Impel Down so how concerned about his title is he really?

The question is whether Blackbeard has longterm plans for his title or whether he just needed it to put himself in a position to do whatever he is about to do next. I think its the latter.

I am sure there are already questionmarks about his loyalty with the World Government. If i were the WG, I wouldn't trust him with too much freedom as a Shichibukai.

But before anything, he better do a damn good job of covering his tracks in Impel Down because I doubt the WG would be willing to let his current actions slide. Picking an oppurtunistic time to enter into the mayhem generated by Luffy and Co. is a start.

Archangel
Fri, 05-29-2009, 11:46 AM
But before anything, he better do a damn good job of covering his tracks in Impel Down because I doubt the WG would be willing to let his current actions slide. Picking an oppurtunistic time to enter into the mayhem generated by Luffy and Co. is a start.

He will probably claim he was trying to stop Luffy and the whole thing was just a huge misunderstanding

Then he'll probably get out of it with a slap on the wrists

Assertn
Fri, 05-29-2009, 11:55 AM
I think his goal for schichibukai status was entirely so he could gain access to Impel Down.
After all, the gates only open for marines and schichibukai.

Splash!
Fri, 05-29-2009, 12:02 PM
@Archangel

But he wasn't under ordered to do anything of the sort. Its should be alright for Shichibukai to act indepedently in other situations but in this case he is directly interfering with WG affairs.

Not to mention he is awol and the other Shichibukai could have probably used his help in the fight against Whitebeard.

The WG would have to be pretty dumb to trust a guy like that. His Shichibukai freedoms won't last long until he does something else to renew their trust.

Archangel
Fri, 05-29-2009, 12:15 PM
I think his goal for schichibukai status was entirely so he could gain access to Impel Down.
After all, the gates only open for marines and schichibukai.

Why not just highjack a marine vessel then? Somehow it seems that becoming a Shichibukai just for that would be more trouble than it was worth

Assertn
Fri, 05-29-2009, 12:36 PM
So you're basically saying Blackbeard wasted his time then. I guarantee you he will no longer be a schichibukai after this arc. He's already openly attacked the marines stationed outside Impel Down and the gaol guards. The WG knows he's there, and openly abandoned them as they were preparing for the executation, which alone is enough of an excuse to strip Hancock's status.

Archangel
Fri, 05-29-2009, 01:24 PM
Well yeah... but they're dicks

I just get the feeling that Blackbeard is gonna get out from this one with a clean slate

Besides, i think that was just a bluff. Even if hancock didnt show up they wouldn't kick her out of the shichibukai and go through all the stuff they went after crocodile

Death13a
Fri, 05-29-2009, 01:27 PM
I don't think Blackbeard really concerned about keeping his Schichibukai status for too long exceptionally when WG can be toppled down and large mass of power gone, everyone will start fighting to be on top. The first one to be Pirate King will have it all.

Assertn
Fri, 05-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Well yeah... but they're dicks

I just get the feeling that Blackbeard is gonna get out from this one with a clean slate

Besides, i think that was just a bluff. Even if hancock didnt show up they wouldn't kick her out of the shichibukai and go through all the stuff they went after crocodile

We both know that blackbeard wanted the title as part of a greater plan he has in store. Are you suggesting that his visit to Impel Down is not related to this plan of his?

Archangel
Fri, 05-29-2009, 02:33 PM
We both know that blackbeard wanted the title as part of a greater plan he has in store. Are you suggesting that his visit to Impel Down is not related to this plan of his?

I'm not saying it's not related, i'm saying that i don't think he would relinquish his title to fulfill that objective alone

There are probably a few more doors the name of the shichibukai will open for him before he sets his eyes on his true goal

poopdeville
Fri, 05-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Maybe he wants to become a Pacifista, so his body is not "weak".

Abdula
Fri, 05-29-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm not saying it's not related, i'm saying that i don't think he would relinquish his title to fulfill that objective alone

There are probably a few more doors the name of the shichibukai will open for him before he sets his eyes on his true goal
Not really interested in this discussion but it seems to me that you're completely ignoring the possibility that Blackbeard has already fulfilled his other objectives. After all, he has been a Shichibukai for quite some time now and with all the effort he has put into becoming one I doubt he has just been sitting on his ass all this time waiting for someone else to start a commotion. I'm pretty sure Blackbeard wouldn't be doing something that could cost him his Shichibukai status unless he no longer needed the title. Like he told Crocodile it's all a part of his plan.

Besides like Death13a mentioned this will be the start of a war between Whitebeard and the WG. A war that, all things considered, will likely end in the annihilation of the WG. At the very least WG will lose most of its power and after that I doubt the title of Shichibukai will mean anything at all.

FireEmblem
Fri, 05-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Maybe there's something in Impel Down that he wants besides Nakama. For all we know the WG could've built Impel Down to hide something in it and he's looking for it. There has to be something down there that he wants. He's obviously going down to the deeper levels. Either there is another prisoner in level 6 that he wants to recruit, or there is something of great importance. Then the fact that he said that they should prepare for something big. Sounds almost like he's going to launch something from down there.

All speculation though, but it's all we can do at this point.

Assertn
Sun, 05-31-2009, 03:24 PM
Maybe BB's absorption ability lets him steal powers from other logia users, and he wants Magellan's poison power. He seemed particularly interested in confronting Magellan...

Archangel
Tue, 06-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Maybe BB's absorption ability lets him steal powers from other logia users, and he wants Magellan's poison power. He seemed particularly interested in confronting Magellan...

Thats just crazy enough for Oda to use

Assertn
Fri, 06-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Actually, my post was inaccurate...
Magellan isn't a logia user, because he could still be injured by Luffy.

Archangel
Sun, 06-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Actually, my post was inaccurate...
Magellan isn't a logia user, because he could still be injured by Luffy.

Still, it's one hell of a paramecia