PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 448

unandpw
Thu, 05-21-2009, 11:52 PM
Memento: http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/448/00/

FireEmblem
Fri, 05-22-2009, 01:13 AM
Very slick way to add importance to Jiraya's book. I wasn't expecting it to be that important. Well played in my opinion. Campy as usual, but well played.

Honoko
Fri, 05-22-2009, 01:15 AM
That... was actually not that bad. The faith angle is pretty cheesy, always, but I did like the way Kishi handled that. It was actually poignant for once =P

With that said, Kishi better not nullify this entire arc by having Nagato do some impossible jutsu where he restores the village back to the way it was while giving up his life force in the process.

Sam98034
Fri, 05-22-2009, 01:29 AM
Watch. He's going to give Naruto the Rinnegan!

Rikudo
Fri, 05-22-2009, 02:41 AM
Naruto in sage mode, using kyubi chakra and, controlling rinnegan is a bit overkill.

-=DS=-S.W.A.T3
Fri, 05-22-2009, 02:56 AM
Watch. He's going to give Naruto the Rinnegan!

i was thinking that! that would be epic...either that or he just reverts himself back to what he originally was without the spikes coming out and teams up with naruto.

6Zabuza9
Fri, 05-22-2009, 04:26 AM
With that said, Kishi better not nullify this entire arc by having Nagato do some impossible jutsu where he restores the village back to the way it was while giving up his life force in the process.

lol i was thinking exactly the same thing

Archangel
Fri, 05-22-2009, 04:32 AM

First thing that came to my mind too

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 05-22-2009, 05:10 AM

I think we all thought that. I know I did. He'd most likely use the last of his chakra to do that. But what would happen to Konan if he died?

Patriot
Fri, 05-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Love slave / Girlfriend for when Kakashi gets well? Also, Naruto with Rinnegan...Wow that would be hot. I've never had a man crush before, but Naruto would be my first if he did get that.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 05-22-2009, 09:17 AM
Naruto would be whack. Is he in a mega man game or something? Defeating/interacting with people and getting new powers? I dont mind if he has to work for them, but that card was already played with Itachi remember?

Stitch
Fri, 05-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Oh snap, Naruto and Pain to team up and go after Danzou. Once Shikamaru's broken leg gets fixed, this will be so delicious.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 05-22-2009, 10:34 AM
I think Nagato is about to summon the beast statue and effectively hand its keys over to Naruto.

FireEmblem
Fri, 05-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Or he might release the Bijuu's?

deadlydreamx
Fri, 05-22-2009, 08:36 PM
wouldnt releasing the bijuu's be a bad idea as they may cause havoc?

Patriot
Fri, 05-22-2009, 10:56 PM
Yeah, or maybe he's going to attack Naruto anyways in some some of technodrome, Two men enter, or in this case, 1 emo kid and 1 retarded kid enter, 1 man leaves... With the rights to shape the world.

FireEmblem
Fri, 05-22-2009, 11:10 PM
wouldnt releasing the bijuu's be a bad idea as they may cause havoc?

Yeah probably. Just throwing ideas out there.

Madara could probably easily control the Bijuu's too if that happened.

poopdeville
Sat, 05-23-2009, 12:27 AM
Giving Naruto a "limited" Rinnegan could be kind of sweet. Maybe Nagato will go back to Madara and act as a spy for Konoha, with Naruto "watching" the whole thing. It would be kind of lame of Nagato gave him a fighting technique. But then again, unless he is lying about it, he basically agreed to a peace treaty, and thinks Naruto is trustworthy.

I just never want to see the Six Paths of Sage Mode... or do I? Come to think of it, the Rinnegan ('s P2P network, specifically) would totally complement Sage Mode + Kage Bunshin.

unandpw
Sat, 05-23-2009, 01:23 AM
So you think he's going to give Naruto more hax? And all this just to (inevitably) go up against Sasuke. I think that's overkill. Considering his fight against the 8-tails, Sasuke is somewhat of a patsy at this point.

Now as for Madara...still seems like overkill.

-=DS=-S.W.A.T3
Sat, 05-23-2009, 04:06 AM
So you think he's going to give Naruto more hax? And all this just to (inevitably) go up against Sasuke. I think that's overkill. Considering his fight against the 8-tails, Sasuke is somewhat of a patsy at this point.

Now as for Madara...still seems like overkill.

well comn itachi also gave a part of abilities to naruto why is it that it isnt probable to give naruto a part of his powers?

SilentSnake
Sat, 05-23-2009, 05:11 AM
well comn itachi also gave a part of abilities to naruto why is it that it isnt probable to give naruto a part of his powers?

I can't remember the chapter and I dunno what was exactly said back then, but maybe Itachi didn't plant any power into Naruto, but planted some kind of message to Sasuke when they finally meet to help Naruto and Sasuke come to an agreement?

Just a wild thought, cause I still find it hard to believe that after all this mess Itachi gave Naruto power to help him kill Sasuke... and since Naruto got so many new haxx lately it seems even less probable.

The way I see it atm - naruto vs Sasuke.

Sasuke is being stomped by kyuubi/sage naruto AND hidden Itachi anti-sharingan (?) power.

With all due respect, that would be plain boring fightwise.

enkoujin
Sat, 05-23-2009, 02:48 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/403/08/

From my viewpoint, I think a lot of you all are exaggerating Naruto's "hacks" or power-ups. I clearly believe Naruto and Sasuke are on equal par now because they really haven't shown Sasuke [nor Hawk] lately since his fight with Kirabi (Killer-Bee) and that was against a Jinchuuriki who mastered harmonic sync with his Bijuu.

In fact, after he manifests his fourth tail, Naruto loses his conscience and falls into an impaired state and from what we've seen, loses his ability to use the jutsu that he has learned in human form (Rasengan, Sage Mode, Rasenshuriken, Kage Bunshin, etc.) Plus, because of his Kyuubi powers, he has lost a rather significant ability to merge with Shima and Fukasaku (commonly known as "Ma" and "Pa") during Sage mode (in regarding to the philosophy of Naruto, where he does not want to utilize the "chaotic" Kyuubi powers to accomplish his goals).

Fundamentally, along with that, it is evident that Sasuke also lost a huge power-up when he had lost Orochimaru's chakra and passive abilities (apparently), but from the storyline-heavy fight with Itachi, has gained yet another variant of the Sharingan - powers we, the audience, have not seen yet. In my opinion, I believe that the sword that Sasuke wields is underestimated - after all, it is highly unlikely that Sasuke would use just any regular sword from training with Orochimaru.

Nevertheless, the fact that Naruto is getting all the spotlight right now is giving off an illusion that Naruto is getting too overpowered while Sasuke posed (and still does) as a huge threat to Naruto. After all, it was Sasuke who learned to utilize another element around the age of 13 while Naruto still has yet to discover his second element. Whilst Naruto still does have Itachi's undisclosed enhancements, "the Key", and whatnot, obtaining a "limited" Rinnegan would change Naruto's ability in visual insight significantly so he can plan out his battles better.

Personally, what I would like to see further would be Naruto and Sasuke combining their primary elements into a new and more powerful moveset for the new level in the plot development. It would be impressive because I think it may be one of the reasons the Senju overpowered the Uchiha clans (Yamato even said himself that he could only control a very small fraction of Shodai Hokage's wood powers), but I ponder if Kishimoto will never use that to its highest potential because, as shown by Sasuke, the perfection of one element manipulation (Kirin, primarily) can produce as good results as wood can as well.

SilentSnake
Sat, 05-23-2009, 05:38 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/403/08/

From my viewpoint, I think a lot of you all are exaggerating Naruto's "hacks" or power-ups. I clearly believe Naruto and Sasuke are on equal par now because they really haven't shown Sasuke [nor Hawk] lately since his fight with Kirabi (Killer-Bee) and that was against a Jinchuuriki who mastered harmonic sync with his Bijuu.

In fact, after he manifests his fourth tail, Naruto loses his conscience and falls into an impaired state and from what we've seen, loses his ability to use the jutsu that he has learned in human form (Rasengan, Sage Mode, Rasenshuriken, Kage Bunshin, etc.) Plus, because of his Kyuubi powers, he has lost a rather significant ability to merge with Shima and Fukasaku (commonly known as "Ma" and "Pa") during Sage mode (in regarding to the philosophy of Naruto, where he does not want to utilize the "chaotic" Kyuubi powers to accomplish his goals).

Fundamentally, along with that, it is evident that Sasuke also lost a huge power-up when he had lost Orochimaru's chakra and passive abilities (apparently), but from the storyline-heavy fight with Itachi, has gained yet another variant of the Sharingan - powers we, the audience, have not seen yet. In my opinion, I believe that the sword that Sasuke wields is underestimated - after all, it is highly unlikely that Sasuke would use just any regular sword from training with Orochimaru.

Nevertheless, the fact that Naruto is getting all the spotlight right now is giving off an illusion that Naruto is getting too overpowered while Sasuke posed (and still does) as a huge threat to Naruto. After all, it was Sasuke who learned to utilize another element around the age of 13 while Naruto still has yet to discover his second element. Whilst Naruto still does have Itachi's undisclosed enhancements, "the Key", and whatnot, obtaining a "limited" Rinnegan would change Naruto's ability in visual insight significantly so he can plan out his battles better.

Personally, what I would like to see further would be Naruto and Sasuke combining their primary elements into a new and more powerful moveset for the new level in the plot development. It would be impressive because I think it may be one of the reasons the Senju overpowered the Uchiha clans (Yamato even said himself that he could only control a very small fraction of Shodai Hokage's wood powers), but I ponder if Kishimoto will never use that to its highest potential because, as shown by Sasuke, the perfection of one element manipulation (Kirin, primarily) can produce as good results as wood can as well.

ahh, thanks for that chapter link, so it's obvious it must be pretty anti-sasuke'ish if he doesn't want this power to be used.

As for the overexaggeration it is also because Sasuke barely defeated Itachi who didn't really want to kill Sasuke anyway while as Naruto just kicked Pain's butt and he's still standing strong.

Of course, all Sasuke's new powers are yet to be seen, but taking Naruto's new haxxorz into account it's hard to believe amaterasu ON/OFF switch matters at all with Naruto's present kage bunshin usage. What was the thing with Sasuke vs Naruto most of the time was that Naruto was straightforward and dumb BUT very strong while as Sasuke was THE smart guy with some fancy jutsu.

Now that Naruto actually thinks and efficiently uses his old and new powers the gap giving Sasuke the upperhand is kinda filled. "Outsmart the little retarded kid" is no longer an option ;)

add to that Itachi's anti-Sasuke part = imo overkill for the moment, but I'm sure Kishi will give Sasuke some fun moves long before the actual fight takes place.

Stitch
Sat, 05-23-2009, 09:01 PM
This discussion only serves to remind me that Hawk is the lamest name for any gang, crew, clan, etc., ever.

I mean, Hawk? That doesn't even sound sinister.

Vegechan
Sun, 05-24-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm still sort of confused as to what it is the Rinnegan even does... I mean, I know that if all these other bodies have the Rinnegan then he can see through them, but as we've seen in Nagato's flashbacks, his Rinnegan was still very powerful before he got these other bodies.

So what does it allow them to do exactly?

poopdeville
Sun, 05-24-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm still sort of confused as to what it is the Rinnegan even does... I mean, I know that if all these other bodies have the Rinnegan then he can see through them, but as we've seen in Nagato's flashbacks, his Rinnegan was still very powerful before he got these other bodies.

So what does it allow them to do exactly?

It lets him use all six elemental chakra types. It lets him control other people's chakra in his immediate surroundings. Using those chakra transmission bars (the black piercings), he can extend this control's range. This is presumably how he animated dead bodies -- by transmitting his chakra into them.

I think these powers "explain" everything we've seen him do, but I might be missing something.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 05-24-2009, 08:07 PM
If that's all these eyes can do then they are no way more powerful than the Byakugan or Sharingan. Having CCTV cameras on the battlefield is advatageous but I would still go with being able to see almost 360 anyway plus the chakra system or just basically being able to nuke someone's ass with a glare as being more powerful.

darkshadow
Sun, 05-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Rinnegan gets 360 vision anyway by animating bodies, plus the usage of full strength all element types allows you to counter every ninja's element with one that is stronger.

Mangekyou is powerful yes, but its usage is limited if one doesn't have EMS, sharingan would be useless, since one body can just close his eyes and move according to another body's vision.

Byakugan still has the super far scouting vision and the chakra system, but that too is useless unless you somehow disable all bodies at once

Archangel
Sun, 05-24-2009, 08:28 PM
One wonders what difference 6 bodies and all the elements would do against something like Susanoo

Tyreal
Mon, 05-25-2009, 10:20 AM
This is presumably how he animated dead bodies -- by transmitting his chakra into them.

I was thinking about this the other day. If Naruto used those chakra rods in his own body when he created clones they would also have them in their body. He could then have the clones sit perfectly still and transmit the sage energy to him. Thus somewhat elimiating the weakness of sage mode.

FireEmblem
Mon, 05-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Although not explicitly stated, I would expect that all of the otherworldly abilities that Nagato possesses are due to him having the Rinnegan. At least I hope so, because those powers wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Also as far as him reviving people. I just thought of the fact that we've seen him fully bring back destroyed bodies of his own. If he could use that reviving ability freely on regular humans, he COULD bring back all of the people that he's killed and it'd make sense.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 05-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Although not explicitly stated, I would expect that all of the otherworldly abilities that Nagato possesses are due to him having the Rinnegan. At least I hope so, because those powers wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Also as far as him reviving people. I just thought of the fact that we've seen him fully bring back destroyed bodies of his own. If he could use that reviving ability freely on regular humans, he COULD bring back all of the people that he's killed and it'd make sense.

Don't say it...DON'T SAY IT...DOOOOOOOOON....aww dammit he said it. Sense or not, these people really need to stay dead. For the sake of growing this manga up a little bit and keeping in character with what we were told this story would be about from the beginning.

I'm with the people who are still asking for an explanation of what the rinnegan does. I mean, it makes sense that we don't get an explicit account of it's abilities, seeing as the abilities of the other were mostly detailed by a teacher to a student (Kakashi/Itachi to Sasuke or Naruto) or from people's own thoughts back in a time when the rules of this world were still being laid out (kakashi, zabuza, rock lee, ten ten, that spider guy of the sound four, and Neji). Neither scenario is present with Pain. While I suppose it's commendable to take good educated guesses as to which of Pain's abilities are attributable to his Rinnegan...I still feel a bit shortchanged without knowing "for sure."

At this point, I guess I have to be OK with someone like Pain being won over by Naruto. That's the type character the writer's been trying to develop Naruto into after all. I just hope something not cheezy (*cough*fireemblem'spreviouspost*) cough is used to give this event some poignancy. I'm hoping the jutsu he's casting has something to do with the Bijuu he collected. Either release them, or entrust them to Naruto for safe keeping.

FireEmblem
Tue, 05-26-2009, 01:09 AM
Don't say it...DON'T SAY IT...DOOOOOOOOON....aww dammit he said it. Sense or not, these people really need to stay dead. For the sake of growing this manga up a little bit and keeping in character with what we were told this story would be about from the beginning.

I'm with the people who are still asking for an explanation of what the rinnegan does. I mean, it makes sense that we don't get an explicit account of it's abilities, seeing as the abilities of the other were mostly detailed by a teacher to a student (Kakashi/Itachi to Sasuke or Naruto) or from people's own thoughts back in a time when the rules of this world were still being laid out (kakashi, zabuza, rock lee, ten ten, that spider guy of the sound four, and Neji). Neither scenario is present with Pain. While I suppose it's commendable to take good educated guesses as to which of Pain's abilities are attributable to his Rinnegan...I still feel a bit shortchanged without knowing "for sure."

At this point, I guess I have to be OK with someone like Pain being won over by Naruto. That's the type character the writer's been trying to develop Naruto into after all. I just hope something not cheezy (*cough*fireemblem'spreviouspost*) cough is used to give this event some poignancy. I'm hoping the jutsu he's casting has something to do with the Bijuu he collected. Either release them, or entrust them to Naruto for safe keeping.

Yeah I think it's annoying that Kishi doesn't explain things. Especially at the right time. I hate having to guess the powers and where they're coming from. What's annoying is that they use to explain shit before in this manga, but ever since Shippuuden they haven't explained much of anything.

And yeah I really don't want them to do that, but you know it's possible and the only thing we could say would be "OH FUCK THAT...but it's within the rules".

His jutsu could just be him reverting back to normal or something. Or yeah, releasing the Bijuu's. Though like I said, Madara could probably easily control them...

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 05-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Yeah I think that he is just going to revive all people who died. In exchange for his own life. As in using all of his remaining chakra. That way Kakashi will be alive again yay.

Uberbaka
Thu, 05-28-2009, 09:06 AM
If he brings back kakashi/shizune/whoever else died, I will be very annoyed.

Just like when he let Chouji live.

Vegechan
Thu, 05-28-2009, 06:03 PM
The worse part about letting Chouji live, is that he hasn't been vital to the story since.

Patriot
Thu, 05-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Sure he has, he was instrumental in delaying that spiky hair guy with the five hearts while Naruto was getting his Razenshuriken ready. And what I mean by delaying is getting in Kakashi's and Shikamauru's way delaying... LOL.